Bank Robbers - Seeking 3 players

Started by Anna Katrine, July 24, 2015, 08:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Katrine

Thank you for taking the time to check out my idea.

A small gang of criminals take pleasure in planning and executing the perfect heists. It has been impossible for the FBI to catch them as they always seem to change the way they take their scores. Sometimes the alarm never goes off, and other times the local cops are left wounded or worse, after lenghty shootouts with the gang. Sometimes they get away by taking the bus and others they flee in muscle cars wearing animal masks to hide their identities. In addition to being a tightly knit crew, they also share sexual relations with eachother, often leading to sex when the job goes according to plan and the rush of a job completed fills the crew.

That is the basic premise of my idea. I see a few different directions this could take. Perhaps they take in a new member that has to be trained, or one of the members turns out to be a FBI snitch. All genders and sexualities are welcome.

Please post your interest below, and bring some ideas :)

mia h

Hard to resist a good heist story  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

sleepingferret

I agree, it is hard to resist a good heist story.  I have yard work and my RL D&D group I need to finish prep for today.  But, I'll express my interest and start working on ideas and a potential character concept.

Anna Katrine

Thank you both for showing your interest :) Glad to see someone found my idea interesting.

1SAZ

Considering my love of heist movies and having been playing Payday 2, I'm definitely interested. Wouldn't mind being the Johnny Utah of this quartet.

Foxy DeVille

Darn, looks like I may have been slow on the draw. Well, if you end up needing another or want to expand to include cops, fences or whatever I'd be keen.

mia h

Just a thought but if the gang was looking to be sucessful then I think they'd be looking for non-violent ways of doing the jobs. If you steal something it can be replaced, you shoot someone the police get very interested in you and if you shoot a cop they never stop looking.

Anna Katrine

Yes, I was also thinking that they would develop their techniques and perform jobs without any violence (or death at least).

I am sorry Foxy, but for now I will have to stick to just 4 persons, as I don't have that much experience running group games and don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Keaton

I would almost suggest including a set of cops/FBI/law enforcement too but it seems you want to keep this small and I can understand that.

Too slow on the draw myself as this sounds like a fun setup. I hope it goes well.

Ons & Offs  Search Thread  Apologies & Absences   Current Stories: 1

sleepingferret

The use of lethal force is intended only to subdue a suspect that is threatening you or others with physical harm.  Thereby, leaving you no other reasonable response to bring the situation back under control, to save innocent life.

Ok...well, in case of bank robbers..... they'd be shooting at security guards or law enforcement agents.  But still, the premise still stands.... the real professionals, when it comes down to having to actually shoot, rather than just having the guns drawn for threat, they're gonna just want to do so to control the situation.  So unless they have to shoot someone in the head or unless it really comes down to all out shootout, like the few thousand round and few city block one they did for the movie Heat...

Which no heist crew would really want to do, they may have been packing the firepower for that... but they didn't even want to do that.  That crew was just packing because of the type of heist that was and amount of risk it was.  And well, if they hadn't.... they would've been busted right there at the bank.

1SAZ

I guess what it really comes down to is the style we wanna take for the story. Do we want an action packed high energy heist story ala Heat or Point Break, or do we want something more thought out and complex ala the Oceans series?

sleepingferret

Well even the crew in Heat, did more thought out heists.  The last heist wasn't really meant turn out like it did.  The crew was one to just plan ahead, which is why they were carrying automatic weapons.

Their actions were in response to walking out to police forces.  Not that the crew originally had intended to carry out that particular heist that way.  The crew had executed all their other heists without firing a shot.

mia h

Quote from: sleepingferret on July 25, 2015, 10:23:53 AM
The use of lethal force is intended only to subdue a suspect .....
The use of 'lethal force' is intended to kill people, the clue is right there in the lethal part.

As far as style I'd lean more towards the Oceans\Leverage style of things. Emptying an art gallery of every item on display without alerting anyone takes more skill and planning than turning up with a shotgun.

sleepingferret

The Use of Force

The use of lethal or deadly force, does not have the intent to actually kill the target.  Can it?  Yes.  And should employ the use of lethal force without the knowledge of such?  No.

But it isn't "shoot to kill".  The intent is to stop the suspect(s) from being a threat.  However, both law enforcement training and use of force laws for civilians with conceal carry permits instruct you to shoot center mass.  And not try anything "fancy" like shooting weapons out of someone's hand.

Also due to laws, injuries caused by "fancy" shooting can result in civil suits.

Regardless of their primary strategy, a good crew is going to need to have backup stratgies in place.  I'll take care of any "rough" exits and be the "lookout".

mia h

Quote from: sleepingferret on July 26, 2015, 11:53:55 AM
Regardless of their primary strategy, a good crew is going to need to have backup stratgies in place.  I'll take care of any "rough" exits and be the "lookout".
So the vibe I'm getting from that is regardless of the approach the crew takes, YC is going to be a gun-toting psycho ready to shoot anything that moves.

I guess the question is really for Anna to answer, but what kind of tone were you thinking of the game? Ant-Man is a heist film but that's more a caper as opposed to something like Reservoir Dogs with it's over the top violence and blood shed.

Anna Katrine

Altough I haven't seen Ant-Man yet I suppose that is a pretty good comparision to what I was thinking. Something where the team-members don't neccesarily have to take the situation serious all the time and crack jokes from time to time.

I was also thinking that the crew could alternate between jobs where they get in and out without anyone noticing anything, and classic bank robberies where they go in and hold up the customers and employees at gunpoint. This would be why they would be hard to catch, since they always change up their style and keep the feds of balance.

sleepingferret

Quote from: mia h on July 26, 2015, 01:56:00 PM
So the vibe I'm getting from that is regardless of the approach the crew takes, YC is going to be a gun-toting psycho ready to shoot anything that moves.

That might be my play style for video games like Payday 2...but in my opinion those games are just more fun that way.

As for my intended character concept, no.  Willing to and maybe the one in the crew with the skill set better fit for "extreme" situations.  But not just an all out murderous psycho, otherwise his fellows wouldn't want him around because his methods would attract unwanted attention.  His marksmanship and tactical skills however could have pull the crew out of shootouts with law enforcement or even just stopped first responders from calling backup, allowing the crew to escape with minimal extra attention.

Slip ups happen... MC is around to help the crew clean up the mess and not end up in handcuffs.

Anna Katrine

In case there was any doubt, or to clarify, I have imagined this RP to focus more on the relationship between the crew and not so much on the actual heists, meaning that the heists would serve more as a "set piece" in between inter-crew interactions. This don't mean that the planning and execution isn't important, I just don't see it as the main focus of the story.

1SAZ

The planning stage is only half the fun anyway, so I'm all for the interaction focus. Is it still alright if I'm the "newcomer who's actually a fed" character template? I have a few ideas on how to actually explain my character going undercover with this crew and why he doesn't bust them immediately.

Anna Katrine

Feel free to fill that part Saz :)

1SAZ

Shall we all start on characters then?

Anna Katrine

Sure, go right ahead. And I guess unless anyone else calls boss then I will take it.