LF partner and GM for NC or Extreme adventure (freeform or system)

Started by Jaded, November 20, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

Let me start by saying that while I prefer a system, I am fine with freeform as long as there is some randomness incorporated (a die roll to determine the result of combat for example, even if it is just success or failure).  I am also fine with anything from a simple plot (dungeon crawl with random encounters) to a complex plot.  Finally, I’m interested in multiple games if there is enough interest.

Basically what I am looking for is another person to play a partner to a female adventurer, crime-fighter, or similar type, as well as someone to be the GM to control the villains and world.  I do want the focus of the game to be on NC content, but think there could be interesting angles to explore with things such as forced F/F, a brother/sister (or sister/sister) duo, lesbians, or similar.

I would prefer (if using a system) Pathfinder, Shadowrun (4 or 5), Scion, or Mutants and Masterminds (2 or 3).  I also have access to (and would be willing to use) Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, Dragon Age, Dark Heresy, pretty much all of the new and old World of Darkness systems, Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion, Star Wars Saga Edition, CthulhuTech, Numenera, and Villains and Vigilantes. 

I tend to be okay with most content, so am fine going Extreme or keeping it as only Nonconsensual.

If interested, please post!  Thanks. :-)

Vorian

I would love to play in something like this if we can find an interested GM. For systems, I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 (and a bit of Pathfinder), and I can read up on Numenera or anything with the core rules available online.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

PhantomPistoleer

What sort of super-heroine would you want to play?  I might be willing to run M&M2E.

Or maybe run D&D3.5.

But I'd have to SEE a portrait of the character and what the character acts like.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jaded

Quote from: Vorian on November 20, 2014, 09:15:07 PM
I would love to play in something like this if we can find an interested GM. For systems, I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 (and a bit of Pathfinder), and I can read up on Numenera or anything with the core rules available online.

Sounds good. :-)

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 20, 2014, 09:30:30 PM
What sort of super-heroine would you want to play?  I might be willing to run M&M2E.

Or maybe run D&D3.5.

But I'd have to SEE a portrait of the character and what the character acts like.

I'm not sure on the super-heroine, I'd be happy with anything from street-level to superman-esque.  Though if Vorian is interested in D&D3.5 that may be easier.

Was there something in particular you like to see in a portrait and personality?

Muse

Jaded you're always kind enough to run for my heroines, it would be an honor to return the favor. 

I might be too slow for you, though. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jaded

I'd be interested. :-)

Hmm?  I don't think I'm too demanding on post rates. 

Vorian

Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas

Foxfyr

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Jaded on November 21, 2014, 12:13:40 AM
Sounds good. :-)

I'm not sure on the super-heroine, I'd be happy with anything from street-level to superman-esque.  Though if Vorian is interested in D&D3.5 that may be easier.

Was there something in particular you like to see in a portrait and personality?

I enjoy street-level vigilante-types with no powers.  In D&D, I prefer rogues.  Personality-wise, I like it when women are slutty and adventurous.  I like it when women have large breasts and wear tight leather.

If it's M&M2E, I would say 9PL with 165 power points, but if it is D&D 3.5, I would probably want something weird, like gestalt and E6 rules.

Samples: 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vorian

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 22, 2014, 01:10:18 AM
I enjoy street-level vigilante-types with no powers.  In D&D, I prefer rogues.  Personality-wise, I like it when women are slutty and adventurous.  I like it when women have large breasts and wear tight leather.

If it's M&M2E, I would say 9PL with 165 power points, but if it is D&D 3.5, I would probably want something weird, like gestalt and E6 rules.

Ah ... for superhero game I tend to prefer mid powered supers and plots that get a bit bigger than strictly street level in terms of the impact superhumans have on the world. For D&D I like casters, but gestalt E6 with a rouge/caster mix of some sort could work for me. Hmm ... Factotum/Artificer has potential.

Quote from: Loki Aesir on November 21, 2014, 11:19:20 PM
Look this over and let me know if it sparks your interest: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217696.0

Interesting if it can be adapted to two-player, no arcane casting until 5th is a bit limiting for me though.
Ideas

Jaded

Quote from: Loki Aesir on November 21, 2014, 11:19:20 PM
Look this over and let me know if it sparks your interest: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217696.0

It looks interesting. :-) And I did enjoy Chrono Trigger, but I'm not sure it is quite what I am looking for.  Thanks though.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 22, 2014, 01:10:18 AM

I'm fine with either, but if Vorian prefers the D&D idea we can go with that.  Gestalt is the double class one?

Vorian

D&D or Pathfinder would be easiest for me, yes - anything else I'll have to learn from scratch.

Yep, Gestalt levels up with two classes simultaneously and takes the best from each where they overlap. For a two person party I'd prefer it in most cases. I have a few different character ideas in mind for this, depending on what direction we go with it and what you prefer to play Jaded.
Ideas

Vorian

Quote from: Jaded on November 22, 2014, 10:22:24 AM
It looks interesting. :-) And I did enjoy Chrono Trigger, but I'm not sure it is quite what I am looking for.  Thanks though.

Ah, oops, misread you yesterday. Focusing on Phantom for now then, and I'll look for pictures when we've narrowed things down a bit.

The main thing coming to mind right now is a Succubus-based Tiefling Warlock, probably Rogue for the second class but flexible based on party needs. I'd like to use a reflavored Changeling or homebrew though - the the Tiefling's stats are all wrong for anything. What sort of plot do you prefer though Phantom?
Ideas

Jaded

I was thinking a Monk/Rogue or Druid/Rogue for some reason, or Monk/Druid if PhantomPistoleer is fine with her not being a Rogue.

PhantomPistoleer

First, I wanted the story to be sexy and adventurous.

Secondly, the story would take place in Eberron.  I specifically wanted it to center around the exploits of a secret agent for the Queen of Aundair.

Thirdly, I would prefer for this secret agent to be extremely promiscuous -- a female James Bond.  She would have a great deal of contacts who happen to be lovers.  Additionally, she also has a pretty deep support system -- her own flying ship, ship's crew, plus a large assortment of experts and craftsmen.  Essentially, she has command as only one of Aundair's greatest secret agents would.

Fourthly, I don't really care for druids, and I'm not really into home-brews.

The main plot of the story involves the capture of one of Aundair's traitors.  He opposes the Queen's rule and has set out to destroy her.  There should be no love lost between Jaded's character and the bad guy--he spent years training her, and introduced her into the ways of combat, spy craft, and sex.  He was not always kind.  However, Jaded's character would know that he is one of the greatest swordsmen who has ever lived, and that he is able to split a boulder in twain with his katana (he is a Warblade/Factotum).

What else...?  I don't know what to say, honestly.

Vorian, your character could be either an adjunct agent or an agent from another nation who is also interested in capturing the Aundarian Terror.  Or he could be interested in doing something else--getting Jaded's character to become a double-agent, maybe?  Who knows.

I would like for the story to begin shortly after Jaded's character has recuperated (read: magically regenerated) from a battle against the Aundarian Terror.  He made things personal when he defeated her in combat and ravaged her afterwards.  She wants her revenge.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vorian

Ah, hmm. Eberron suggests an entirely different set of possibilities, and I'll have to do a bit of research then. I'm only really familiar with a few bits of the setting offhand.

Probably an actual Changeling then, and for a spy/secret agent type most likely either Rogue/Sorcerer or Factotum/Beguiler. My character will also be more female leaning unless you're comfortable with M/M.

Actually, if you're comfortable going high enough level to make it worthwhile (about 10), I'd love to play a Changeling Warshaper sometime.
Ideas

Jaded

I'm not actually sure I have Eberron.  Is there a summary of it somewhere?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Jaded on November 28, 2014, 03:37:17 AM
I'm not actually sure I have Eberron.  Is there a summary of it somewhere?

You don't have to be an expert.

Your character would probably have the necessary knowledge skills to get by.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vorian on November 26, 2014, 06:34:53 PM
Ah, hmm. Eberron suggests an entirely different set of possibilities, and I'll have to do a bit of research then. I'm only really familiar with a few bits of the setting offhand.

Probably an actual Changeling then, and for a spy/secret agent type most likely either Rogue/Sorcerer or Factotum/Beguiler. My character will also be more female leaning unless you're comfortable with M/M.

Actually, if you're comfortable going high enough level to make it worthwhile (about 10), I'd love to play a Changeling Warshaper sometime.

I'm really sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I'm not really comfortable with M/M!  I don't mind bi MMF, though.

Furthermore, I would probably stick to E6 gestalt.  Since I haven't gotten the big confirm from Jaded, I'm reluctant to dole out the particulars for character creation.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vorian

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 28, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
I'm really sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I'm not really comfortable with M/M!  I don't mind bi MMF, though.

Furthermore, I would probably stick to E6 gestalt.  Since I haven't gotten the big confirm from Jaded, I'm reluctant to dole out the particulars for character creation.

Alright, no problem - I'm pretty happy with a female E6 character, the Warshaper is probably best left for a different campaign anyway.
Ideas

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vorian on November 28, 2014, 09:01:17 PM
Alright, no problem - I'm pretty happy with a female E6 character, the Warshaper is probably best left for a different campaign anyway.

You might actually be able to work your way to a warshaper, though. 

The two characters would be level 6, but would have additional experience points to spend.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jaded

I'm fine with the concept as long as it is understood that I am not hugely familiar with Eberron.  It may make more sense to have Vorian take the lead character role?

Ixy

You still going to make this fly, Phantom?  And anything I can add?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Jaded on November 28, 2014, 10:59:22 PM
I'm fine with the concept as long as it is understood that I am not hugely familiar with Eberron.  It may make more sense to have Vorian take the lead character role?

It'll be okay!  ^_^  Your character can be point woman.

Quote from: Ixy on November 28, 2014, 11:06:33 PM
You still going to make this fly, Phantom?  And anything I can add?

Mmph!  My darling friend, long time no see!  o_o 

Apparently, this game is a little duet between Vorian and Jaded.  But three slutty, leather-clad super agents running around?   That just sounds amazing.  ^_~  But, this is Jaded's game.  I would be more than happy to have you join in, but Jaded has to be okay with it, too.

------

At any rate, I will have character creation rules up soonish.  Within the next 24 hours.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O