How Long Until We Return To Full Functionality?

Started by Mr Self Destruct, October 18, 2023, 03:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

The "Updated Topics" button at the top of the screen is basically the old "view new replies to your posts" button.

Which you can now helpfully filter by setting individual topics to "Not Following" so they won't show up there! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Vergil Tanner

How do you set something as "Not Following?" I don't see that option anywhere.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

RedPhoenix

If you look at the top and bottom of each thread you'll see four buttons

Reply - Mark Unread - Print - No Alerts or Emails

That last button which is "No Alerts or Emails" by default is your notice setting.

Click on it, and one of the options is "Not Following." Select that option.

That thread will now no longer show up in your unread topics! =)

It's soooooo nice.

Vergil Tanner

OMG. Fucking FINALLY, I've been getting updates from threads I posted in once SIX years ago >.>

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

RedPhoenix

Indeed. We are now free to take part in all the silliness of random threads we like and just hit unfollow when we don't want to see it anymore. I'm unreasonably happy about this. =)

Vergil Tanner

I just can't believe that such a basic option wasn't a feature before this xD

Amaris

It was added to Sseiths script and it was so good! Glad to have it as an option now too!

Vekseid

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 20, 2023, 03:41:30 PMI just can't believe that such a basic option wasn't a feature before this xD
It was voted 'most requested feature' before SMF 2 was released >_>

RainyHigh

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 20, 2023, 02:02:09 PMIf you look at the top and bottom of each thread you'll see four buttons

Reply - Mark Unread - Print - No Alerts or Emails

That last button which is "No Alerts or Emails" by default is your notice setting.

Click on it, and one of the options is "Not Following." Select that option.

That thread will now no longer show up in your unread topics! =)

It's soooooo nice.

Omg, thank you for explaining this!!!
*goes to click, 'not following' on sooo many threads I haven't posted to in years.*
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Timeless

Also I feel like I need to mention.. If anybody is having trouble with the new format in the reply box or even sending a message, there's a button which is named 'Toggle source view' at the most right at the bar - just beside 'Maximise', which allows us to basically see the coding for our text and what not - just like we are very familiar with.

Like oh my god. This is a lifesaver for all my coding and what not.

LunarSage

Is the site going to ever be the way it was before in a visual sense?

I'm kinda old, I hate change.  lol

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Vekseid

Quote from: LunarSage on October 21, 2023, 12:40:40 PMIs the site going to ever be the way it was before in a visual sense?

It'll get closer, if that's what you are asking.

It won't be exactly the same, though.

LunarSage

Quote from: Vekseid on October 21, 2023, 12:42:04 PMIt'll get closer, if that's what you are asking.

It won't be exactly the same, though.

Closer is good, at least I think so.  

Thank you for the clarification, Veks!

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

AmberStarfire

Veks: If there's anything I can do to help with anything code-y, feel free to send it my way.

Al Terego

"Unable to access the search daemon"

Is this normal?

RedPhoenix

Sorry to be annoying just thought I'd ask -

Will be the ability to drag to resize the text box in the "Reply" and "Modify" features come back? Currently you can do it in the "Quick Edit" but not the other two (well you can drag it down a tiny amount, but not to the sides like we used to be able to).

Not a huge rush of course, but if possible it would greatly improve my experience to have that back. =)

Lyrical

Quote from: Vekseid on October 18, 2023, 08:18:39 PMToday's Todolist:

- Some database stuff has taken priority for much of my E work today. E.g. see announcement.

- Fix Legate and other missing badges (should be done)

- Fix new user signups (oops... done)

- Fix Ellicode properly this time (restore old tags) This should be done by the time most people read this.
-- I seem to have missed a number of old floatright/floatleft tags, those will have to be corrected manually by people I am afraid. It is possible most of them were already broken anyway.

Things I want to get to today:

- Mass-fix the default gender.

- Fix the Ajax Chat and Ellibridge to Discord

- Fix Bookmarks

Wanted to get to layout today but don't think that will happen.

Is there a sticky or some main post somewhere that we can see the current status of restoration, maybe a list of things that are being added back in?

or is this simply how it's going to be now? I think i read that you are going to be putting it back to the 3 columns again? (i really hope so)

Also, just a personal opinion but right now the forum basically looks like the default SMF forum and it's very cringe

Quote from: LunarSage on October 21, 2023, 12:40:40 PMIs the site going to ever be the way it was before in a visual sense?

i'm young and I'm very uncomfortable with this change.. you are not alone

RedPhoenix

I agree, having a sort of list o things that are still being worked on and like one place to see what's done and what won't be and such would be nice and probably lead to fewer questions!

Vekseid

Quote from: Lyrical on October 22, 2023, 06:01:45 PMIs there a sticky or some main post somewhere that we can see the current status of restoration, maybe a list of things that are being added back in?

or is this simply how it's going to be now? I think i read that you are going to be putting it back to the 3 columns again? (i really hope so)

Also, just a personal opinion but right now the forum basically looks like the default SMF forum and it's very cringe
i'm young and I'm very uncomfortable with this change.. you are not alone

My actual work/job had taken over for the moment, some things took a bit longer and data security has priority.

I will be putting up an announcement covering intended plans tomorrow, possibly tonight if I can squeeze it in.

Lyrical

Quote from: Vekseid on October 22, 2023, 06:27:10 PMMy actual work/job had taken over for the moment, some things took a bit longer and data security has priority.

I will be putting up an announcement covering intended plans tomorrow, possibly tonight if I can squeeze it in.

totally understood and thank you for the extremely fast reply

Rune

Amaris

He said he would be putting up an announcement soonish with what to expect

RedEve

Not sure if there is a catch-all topic for questions about functionalities but here goes:

One minor change that I have noticed is that we used to be able to see who was viewing a topic, now we just see how many members and guests are viewing a topic. Is the old functionality going to return eventually or is this a permanent change?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

victoria4

Having the basics back is very much appreciated, and I'm learning/adapting little by little.  So, thanks.

Shockingly, I'm really missing the Dicebot.  I never thought I'd say that.

I'm also - for further down the line - hoping with the updates we can get a "matchlist" type of function going again.  Underused as the old O/Os were, I made some good connections being able to search (or be sought!) by people's preferences/kinks/etc.