DND Shadows and Shades Redux

Started by RubySlippers, May 31, 2010, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Resurrecting the DND SHADOWS AND SHADES big game thread and Zaer said he will work to get co-DM's and players to run and/or games there in the Forgotten Realms because no use wasting it.

Lets get the grand dame of the gaming threads here going folks.

My game DND 3.0, Forgotten Realms in Waterdeep open to 1st Level Characters a group of friends that want to go off and see the world. Core Rules [PHB 1], Forgotten Realms Setting, Magic of Faerune, Dieties Book and again the first 3rd Edition Rules NOT 3.5. I want to fill key gaming spots fighting, cleric, mage and rogue slots with suited classes will work and I would like four players tops.

ff

I'm potentially interested in either or both of these!

I harts say, though, I strongly prefer 3.5. IMO it works much mu h better for a forum game since the online srd info is available for everyone. Plus it's much better balanced (for example the ranger, monk and some other classes are very lame and under balanced in 3.0)

elfguy

I'd like to get in a DND game. I haven't played DND for many years however so for any technical aspect such as dealing with rolls and abilities I may need some guidance, but if that's ok I could play the mage.
----

RubySlippers

No problem and I'm allowing some classes FROM 3.5 I prefer their bard, monk, druid, sorceror and ranger just the rules I have are 3.0 so that is what I must use for most of it.

For example the Forgotten Realms Book is 3.0, all my core books 3.0 so have to use 3.0 its just I'm not buying 3.5 after buying lots of 3.0 rules.

You can run 3.5 I have those rules on-line for free to play a character so if your willing to GM a game there let me know.

So we have one Mage, and yes you will have to roll dice I'm old school that way when this starts up. Normally I do 4d6 drop the lowest die re-rolling 1's rolling in order. If your a specific class you can opt not to roll for that and take an automatic 16 instead of rolling n one stat. Then if your Con is under 10 you raise it to 10, before racial modifiers. This makes sure you get a basic class you like with a good stat, at least an average Con in most cases and you won't all put the lowest stat into Cha.  ;)

elfguy

Is there a template somewhere for making a character and some instructions I can find online?
----

RubySlippers

Not for DnD 3.0.

If no one likes those rules I won't run a game using them. The other option is to go DnD Retroclone with the free Basic Fantasy RPG rules at www.basicfantasy.org I own those and they are very classic DnD-esque.

On the plus side I do like them it keeps the game simple as heck kind of like the old boxed sets.

elfguy

Well the more simple the better, all I remember from the D&D combat is that it took such a long time. Also I don't own any book or even dices.
----

RubySlippers

Ok you have the rules for the BFRPG, I set-up character generation in the Shadows and Shades Big Game Thread in the OCC and an initial post for my game the classic tavern scene I'm not being all complex here you all as characters sill know each other.

The core rules are fine, many of the optional classes and I'm using weapon specialization for fighters, the optional theive supplement rules and adding a Fighter-Thief Combo Class for races that can be both.