News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fallout: Into the Mutant's Den

Started by Foxfyr, July 27, 2010, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadWolf

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 28, 2010, 01:11:51 PM
Name: Grim
Appearance: Blonde hbaired, blue eyed, witha  medium build. He bears a small scar on his forehead that looks like it could have been from some sort of slashing attack. He has several similar scars on his chest, though his clothing hides it.

Personality: Eccentric and neurotic.
Background: Grim was born the son of a traveling merchant, and it was expected that he would, one day, take over the business. His father made sure he led a good life, and learned much about  business... lessons which, really, he didn't pay much attention to. Ever since he was a teenager, Grim has been rebelling against his father, not wanting the path in life he follows to be picked  for him.

So one day while his father was leaving for a particularly long journey, Grim decided he was going to help himself to the private cap stash in the house, leave his father a note, stock up on things around his town, and headed north. He has recently arrived in the Capital Wasteland, unsure of where he has come from, or where he is going.

Being an introvert has led him to take well to the lonely existence of traveling, though necessity has often seen him working with others. After all, it is very, very easy to get killed out in the Wasteland.  Grim only just arrived to Rivet City, having come here with a group of other travelers who continued on their way elsewhere. He didn't really trust them much, but oh well. Who can you trust these days, anyways?

He has adventured for nearly a year now, and he continues to adventure, hanging onto what some may call a childish and foolish hope. He hopes that one day, he will find a place that is perfect. Maybe not Eden, or Paradise, or any of those things people talk about... but just some place that is perfect to him.

His special gun (the modified MP5) was designed by an expert weaponsmith in his home town for him.

Statistics

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

Max HPCurrent HP
   31      31   

Level

AC                   
AP                   
Carry weight
Melee Damage
Sequence         
Healing rate     

Poison Resistance
   30%   
Radiation Resistance
   12%   
Gas Resistance
   0/0
Electricity Resistance
   30%   
Damage Resistance
   0%   
Critical chance
   3%   

Current XP          XP to next level
HP / Level
Skill Point / Level
Trait
Small Frame
Effect
You are not quite as big as everyone else, but that never slowed you down. You can't carry as much, but you are more agile. You get a 1 point bonus to agility, but your carry weight is only 15 lbs x strength.

PerksEffect

Small guns
53%
Big guns
14%
Energy weapons
14%
Unarmed
52%
Melee
42%
Throwing
28%
First Aid
28%
Doctor
19%
Sneak
26%
Lockpick
21%
Steal
21%
Traps
25%
Science
24%
Repair
18%
Pilot
30%
Speech
20%
Barter
36%
Gambling
30%
Outdoorsman
44%

Equipment: (19 pounds)
Leather Jacket (250)
Good Clothing (300)
Winchester Widowmaker (800)
H&K MP5 (Stock (500), Silencer (500) upgrades) (1100)
12 gauge shotgun shells (buckshot) 40x (300)
9mm JHP 60x (600)
Flares 2x (20)
Lockpick  (40)
Flashlight (15)
Stimpak 2x (300)
1 litre clean water 3x (75)
Backpack (50)
Salted Meat 5x (40)
Gourd 2x (filled with water, above) (10)
100 bottle caps

I've checked your character and find the following problems:
- your critical chance is 6% not 3%
- your Lockpic skill is 25%
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

TheHangedOne

Quote from: BigBadWolf on August 03, 2010, 09:30:43 AM
- your critical chance is 6% not 3%
- your Lockpic skill is 25%
Thank you, I have made the changes.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Loki Aesir on July 28, 2010, 02:59:39 PM
Name: Kitai
Appearance:

Background: Ever since she was a child, Kitai had been a trouble maker as she grew up in the city of Megaton.  She was notorious for getting into places where she didn’t belong.  Both of her parents died when she was young when their trading caravan was overtaken by Super Mutants.  She had opted to remain home from that particular trip, a decision that saved her life.  For the next few years, she was raised by a family friend, Doroga, who worked as a merchant in the town.  Although Kitai lived on her own, Doroga looked after her and hired her as an errand runner just to give her something to occupy her time.  The layout of Megaton allowed Kitai to hone her abilities in parkour for the sake of getting around quickly while performing her task.  As she grew, she became bored with simply running errands and had taken up the art of larceny.
Personality: Whereas stealing is a way to provide for her basic needs, mischief is her primary form of entertainment; she lives to see the reactions of her victims.  Kitai’s actions are well calculated to be both efficient and flawlessly timed whenever possible, she does not lend herself well to impulsive decisions.  Despite her lighthearted nature, it isn’t uncommon for her to get on the nerves of other people at times due do her skepticism, sarcastic comments, and foolish games. Despite whatever hostility she incurs from her friends, Kitai is always willing to apologize or forgive and will remain unyieldingly loyal to them.  Although she is a kleptomaniac, she still has a conscious that makes her tolerable to the citizens and prevents her from joining a gang of raiders.  All of her marks are able to spare what she takes, only affected by the inconvenience of having to replace it; though there are a few instances where she sees something particularly eye-catching that she cannot resist but to own.  Kitai goes to great lengths to avoid injuring anybody she steals from, unless she considers them to be bad people.  In the latter, she holds no reservations to taking all she can and will not hesitate to defend herself with lethal force.

Statistics

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

Max HPCurrent HP
   30      30   

Level

AC                   
   9 + 8 = 17   
AP                   
Carry weight
   50/75 
Melee Damage
Sequence         
Healing rate     

Poison Resistance
   25%   
Radiation Resistance
   10%   
Gas Resistance
   0/0
Electricity Resistance
   30%   
Damage Resistance
   0%   
Critical chance
   6%   

HP / Level
Skill Point / Level
TraitEffect
Small Frame+1 AG, Carry Weight = 15 x ST
Gifted+1 Stats, -10% Skills, -5 Skill Points/Level
PerksEffect

Small guns
51%
Big guns
8%
Energy weapons
8%
Unarmed
48%
Melee
38%
Throwing
18%
First Aid
18%
Doctor
12%
Sneak
42%
Lockpick
38%
Steal
17%
Traps
18%
Science
22%
Repair
14%
Pilot
26%
Speech
20%
Barter
14%
Gambling
20%
Outdoorsman
16%

Gear
Combat Knife (165)
Sig-Sauer P220 9mm (Silenced) (1000+500)
40 JHP 9mm (400)
20 AP 9mm  (250)
Winchester Sawed-Off Shotgun (800)
20 12 Gauge Shotgun Shells (Slugs) (150)
Leather jacket (250)
2 stimpack (300)
1 gourd full of clean water (2 litre) (55)
5 salted meat (40)
Lighter (10)
2 ropes 10 meters long (50)
Grappling iron (20)
Lockpick (40)
Electronic Lockpick (250)
Good clothing (300)
Haversack (30)
2 smoke grenade (280)
110 bottle caps

- Your throwing skill is 26% not 18%
- You should say a few word about how you obtain an electronic lockpick because they are
usually only available from thieves’ guilds.

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Kaizen on July 28, 2010, 03:09:10 PM
Name: Redrick aka 'Red'
Appearance:
Background: Born and raised in Rivet city, Red spent his childhood reading books and racing anything with a motor around the outskirts of the city.  Employed in the medical lab, he is eager to get his hands on the medical supplies in The Capital Mall.  Red was one of the few who actually volunteered from within the city.  He is a capable pilot and has no fear when it comes to driving a new vehicle whether it be a go-kart or a bulldozer.
Personality: Red is a laid back individual, he would prefer not to get involved with anything physically demanding, but when motivated, he will put his all into whatever task is at hand.
Statistics

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

Max HPCurrent HP
   27      27   

Level

AC                   
   7 +29   
AP                   
Carry weight
   47/100   
Melee Damage
Sequence         
Healing rate     

Poison Resistance
   20%   
Radiation Resistance
   8%   
Gas Resistance
   100/0
Electricity Resistance
   30%   
Damage Resistance
   0%   
Critical chance
   5%   

HP / Level
Skill Point / Level
TraitEffect
Good Natured+20% First Aid, Doctor, Speech, Barter
-10% Small Guns, Big Guns, Energy Weapons, Unarmed, Melee
Skilled +10% to all skills, +5 skillpoints per level
Perk every 5 levels instead of every 4
PerksEffect

Small guns
33%
Big guns
14%
Energy weapons     
14%
Unarmed
52%
Melee
42%
Throwing
38%
First Aid
78%
Doctor
71%
Sneak
36%
Lockpick
37%
Steal
31%
Traps
37%
Science
34%
Repair
28%
Pilot
64%
Speech
50%
Barter
46%
Gambling
35%
Outdoorsman
30%

Armour nameCombat Leather Jacket
   Armour Class
   Normal
2 / 20%
   Laser
0 / 20%
   Fire
2 / 25%
   Plasma
0 / 10%
   Explosion
0 / 20%
   Weight
   Condition

Armour nameCombat Helmet
   Armour Class
   Normal
0 / 0%
   Laser
0 / 0%
   Fire
0 / 0%
   Plasma
0 / 0%
   Explosion
0 / 0%
   Weight
   Condition

Melee Weapons

Name    Min Str.    AP Single    AP Targeted    Damage    Range    Weight    Condition 
Scalpel
(+10% doctor skill - pocket)
1d8+3+MD

Ranged Weapons

Name
Min Str.
Ap S
Ap T
Ap B
Clip
Ammo
AC mod
DR mod
Damage
Range
Weight
Condition
Desert Eagle 44
(belt holster)
-
.44 Magnum JHP
1d8+10
Frag Grenade (2)
(clipped on belt)
-
-
-
-
-
-
1d12+22
1(x2)

Other Equipment

NameAccommodationWeight
44 Magnum JHP x36backpack1
44 Magnum JHP x 16pocket1
Poor clothingon the body10
Gasmaskstrapped around neck3
Doctor’s Bag back pack10
gourd full of clean water (2 litre)back pack4
tinned food x 2back pack2
Back packon the char's back6
2 rations back pack2
2 Stimpackbackpack 0
2 Antidotebackpack 0
bottle cap x 211backpack0

I've checked your character and find the following problem:
- It's not really a problem I guess it was nowhere to find. Humans gain perks every 3 levels, so your Skilled perk modifies this to every 4 levels not 5.

Note: The scalpel grants the bonus only when the injury requires thew use of it.

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Scya on July 28, 2010, 05:41:47 PM
Name: Clair St.John
Appereance: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/199/0/6/Soft_Skeletons_by_PsychoBananaPeel.jpg
Background: Clair was born in in the Commonwealth where here Parents where members of the Institute and she  lived a happy  childhood there. However,even there you can be an outsider and Clair was such a Person. The young woman is not really a People person and Prefers to work with Machines while she sees most other people as dump compared to her. Together with a Serious case of stuttering this left her open for mocking while she attended school. When she was 17 she learned that her parent had used her as a test subject and that her stuttering was an  inconvenienced but ignorable outcome of the process to “improve” her. Because she feared that she would be cut open  she left the safety of the institute behind and fled southwards into the capital wasteland. On the way she sold some electronic gadgets and her services as a repair woman to obtain the mojority of her gear
Personality: Haughty Arogant while still being insecure because she knows that she is no wasteland traveler

Strength 5
Perception 5
Endurance6
Charisma4
Intelligence 9
Agility7
Luck 4

Traits Gifted and Tech Wizard

Hit Points (HP): 32
Hit Points per level: 6
Armour Class (AC): 7
Action Points (AP): 8
Carry weight: 125 lbs
Melee Damage: 1
Poison Resistance: 30
Radiation Resistance: 12
Gas Resistance: 0 / 0
Electricity Resistance: 30%
Damage Resistance: 0%
Sequence: 10
Healing Rate: 2
Critical Chance: 4

Small guns43%  Tag
Big guns 4,00%
Energy weapons 4,00%
Unarmed 44,00%
Melee 34,00%
Throwing 18,00%
First Aid 11,00%
Doctor 9,00%
Sneak 16,00%
Lockpick 27,00%
Steal 11,00%
Traps 12,00%
Science 61,00% tag
Repair 57,00% Tag
Pilot 14,00%
Speech 10,00%
Barter 5,00%
Gambling 10,00%
Outdoorsman 20,00%

Pump Action Shotgun
40 Buckshot shells
20 Slug shells
10 EMP Shells
Reaver Banding & Metal Helmet
Practical clothing
Lighter
Vehicle repair kit
3 Army Rations
Flashlight
10 salted Meat
gourd full of clean water (2 litre)
Spare parts,mechanical  and electrical 
Back pack
bottle cap x 102

I began to check your character and it looks like you didn't modify your attributes according to your traits. You should add 1 to all except Perception because of the Tech wizard trait. Because of this I didn't checked your other stats.
As for the Reaver armor you need to say a few words about it. Reavers are smaller than the Brotherhood of Steel but they worship technology even more than the Brotherhood boys.

BigBadWolf

Yes they may agreed to that bargin. But lets say she needed that armor and the price was higher then it should be. (In game terms it change nothing so it won't cost you more money)

Ironwolf85

nah I got enough rping going on lately. might join when my schedule's more free
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Tydorei on July 29, 2010, 01:27:30 AM
Work in progress. I got the hard part done. Now just the easy crunchy bits left.

Name: Maka
Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/290/0/5/Post_Apocalyptic_by_poibuts.jpg
Background: Maka was raised by Jason, one of the guards of Rivet City, after he saved her from the raiders that killed her father taken her mother just outside the border of Rivet City. Growing up with Jason as a role-model Maka became familiar with weapons and eventually joined the security forces when she came of age. With the recent accident, Maka was stunned by the lack of volunteers willing to go and retrieve the medical supplies needed. Maka had her mind set to go however, for Jason was one of the ones injured in the accident and needed those supplies. She also knew that if Jason was able he would of went on the mission himself, no matter how bleak the odds were.
Personality: Maka is a stoic and brooding individual, who always expects the worse. She is distrusting of strangers and never gives people the benefit of doubt. Even among people she knows she is mostly quite and aloof, as if unsure if her interacting would upset people.

Strength: 5
Perception: 6
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 10
Luck: 3

Hit Points (HP): 32
Hit Points per level: 6
Armour Class (AC): 10%
Action Points (AP): 10
Carry weight: 125
Melee Damage: 1
Poison Resistance: 0%
Radiation Resistance: 0%
Gas Resistance: 0 / 0
Electricity Resistance: 30%
Damage Resistance: 0%
Sequence: 12
Healing Rate: 4
Critical Chance: 3%

*Small guns- 65%
Big guns-   20%
Energy weapons- 20%
Unarmed   60%
Melee   50%
Throwing   40%
First Aid   24%
Doctor   18%
*Sneak   55%
Lockpick   26%
Steal   30%
Traps   26%
Science   28%
*Repair   41%
Pilot           32%
Speech   15%
Barter   12%
Gambling   15%
Outdoorsman   26%

Traits: Fast Shot, Fast Metabolism

Equipment:

H&K P90c (2500)
Colt 6520 10mm Pistol (250)
30 10mm AP rounds (525)
10 10mm JHP Rounds (150)
Combat Knife (195)
Leather Armor MK II (1000)
Tool Set (50)
Flashlight (15)
Spare Parts Mechanical (150)
Gourd fill of clean water (55)
Backback (50)
5x Army Rations (60)

I've checked your character and find only one wrong thing. The combat knife costs 165 so you have 30 bottle caps.

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Scya on August 04, 2010, 03:52:28 PM
Edited, No problem and she is a alread bad at bartering so she may have paid signifcant more

Your attributes still wrong. The sum of them must be 46. Everything start with 5 (35) you have 5 free point (40) you have the gifted trait (47) you have the Tech wizard trait (46). If I don't misscounted the sum of yours only 44.

SheenaTiger

okay, was informed that one spot is open and i am allowed to post a character ^^

i reserve this post and edit it later to put my character up, i first have to build one ^^;

Name: Hitomi (hito: intellect, wisdom ;mi: beautiful) Shizuka (shizu: quiet ;ka: summer or perfume,smell)
Appearance:
Hitomi is a rather small young woman. She reaches roughly a height of 1.54m and often people overlook her or think of her of being younger then 20 years, at least most recognise her as an adult and not as a child. Most times she wears clothes that are made for people taller then her, since they are more easy to get, and if possible she shortens them a bit and pulls a belt tight around her waist so the pants will not drop to the ground.
Personality:
Hitomi is a rather shy person, but she loves to explore and experiment with all kind of electronical stuff. Later one generally is a trouble-bringer for her, but she does not care about it.

Background:
Hitomi was born in a vault located south of Tenpenny Tower. It is one of those many experimental vaults, equipped with many high-tech-stuff but with nearly no spare parts to repair any of them. As most of the inhabitants of the bunker were technicians and scientists, they had a quite high standard for education and carried it over to their children. For most children, along with Hitomi, the most fun time was not playing game but oing experiments and homeworks, not that there was much else to do for them.

Hitomi was especially eager to explore the vault and pick up many stuff to repair and experiment. At one time she found a stash of old, no longer functional Wattz 1000 Laser Pistols. Over several months she took them apart and used all but one as spare part material to repair one of them, without having a blueprint for them. In the end she managed to repair that one Laser Pistol and began to train with it in secret. Sadly she never was really good with weapons and one day she had a really bad day and destroyed several important parts of equipment. The elders of the vault were angry enough to decide for a really severe punishment. Sincec they not wanted to risk more equipment Hitomi needed to vanish, though nobody inside the vault would ever kill a person, so she was simply thrown out of the bunker, into the unknown while the people inside prefered the clean and safe vault instead of the unknown dangers.

Having only a very low amount of equipment she could pick to take out into the unknown, she loaded herelf with as much as she could carry and stumbled into the wastelands around Washington. It was much more luck then actual skill that she stayed alive. The most dangerous things she saw were shy dogs, wild Brahmins and some rats. Somehow, without knowing she did, she managed to nearly reach Rivet City as her PipBoy got a signal.
Statistics

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

Max HPCurrent HP
   31      31   

Level

AC                   
   15 (7 + 8 (Leather Armor))   
AP                   
Carry weight
   60/59   
Melee Damage
Sequence         
Healing rate     

Poison Resistance
   30%   
Radiation Resistance
   12%   
Gas Resistance
   0/0
Electricity Resistance
   30%   
Damage Resistance
   0%   
Critical chance
   2%   

Current XPXP to next level
HP / Level
Skill Point / Level
TraitEffect
Small Frame+1 Agility
Carry-Limit 15 x STR
Tech Wizard+15% lockpick, science, repair
-1 Perception
PerksEffect

Small guns
33%
Big guns
14%
Energy weapons
34%
Unarmed
52%
Melee
42%
Throwing
28%
First Aid
24%
Doctor
20%
Sneak
26%
Lockpick
38%
Steal
21%
Traps
23%
Science
71%
Repair
62%
Pilot
26%
Speech
30%
Barter
24%
Gambling
10%
Outdoorsman
30%

Armour nameLeather Jacket
Armour Class
Normal
0 / 20%
Laser
0 / 20%
Fire
0 / 10%
Plasma
0 / 10%
Explosion
0 / 20%
Weight
Condition

Melee Weapons

Name    Min Str.    AP Single    AP Targeted    Damage    Range    Weight    Condition 
Knife
1d10+1

Ranged Weapons

Name
Min Str.
Ap S
Ap T
Ap B
Clip
Ammo
AC mod
DR mod
Damage
Range
Weight
Condition
Colt 6520 10mm Pistol
-
10mm JHP
1d6+6
Wattz 1000 Laser Pistol
-
Small Energy Cell
1d8+10
Other Equipment

NameAccommodationWeight
10mm JHP x 100 (5 packs to 20 shots)12 x in Weapon, 2 12-Shot-Clips on belt,
rest in 4 20-Shot-Boxes in backpack
5 x 1
Practical clothingon the body10
2 x FlashlightBelt2 x 1
Tool Setback pack15
gourd halve full of clean water (1 litre)belt1 x 1
empty gourdback pack0
tinned food x 3back pack3 x 1
tin x 1back pack1 x 1
Back packon the char's back6
Stimpack x 2pocket0
bottle cap x 25pocket0
Spare Parts (electrical) x 3back pack3 x 0

Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

Tydorei

Quote from: Kaizen on August 04, 2010, 02:37:04 PM
Tydorei,

Yar Yar Yar

That could give us a good starting point.

Yeah, that's cool.

And big bad fluff says I have some spare bottlecaps. Cool

Foxfyr

IC is up!

At this point, make your way to Rivet City.

Here is a map if you need it.

For those who are already in the city, please go into detail of what happened and where you were when it did.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

BigBadWolf

I just wanted to ask what happened to everybody? The game starting to die.

SheenaTiger

i am waiting for someone to post too o_O
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

TheHangedOne

I've been waiting, too, and am still quite interested in continuing the game.
Check out my poet tree!

SheenaTiger

well, i would have to make a double-post... and i hate doing such stuff -.-
so all i can do is waiting

elfguy

I could post but I was waiting for the group to be brought together. It seemed to me that there would be a point where the people on the bridge would be let in and meet up with the Dr to get their mission explained and accepted.
----

Foxfyr

I apologize for the delay, but I am currently on vacation and haven't had time to make a post to continue the story.  Not to worry though, I haven't abandoned this RP and will be able to get the next post up on Wednesday or Thursday.

I appreciate your patience with all this.

TheHangedOne

I hope it's been a pleasant one, Loki. :) Not sure about everyone else, but I'm still in.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Thank you for your patience, if you are still interested in continuing, the enlistment post is up! :-)

TheHangedOne

Just so everyone has a heads up, their is a category four hurricane coming my way. It's projected to hit the area I live in this Friday. if it hits, their is a very good chance that, amongst other things, we'll be without power, indefinitely.  I may be jumping the gun--I have a bad habit of doing that-- but I figured I would give the heads up, just in case bad stuff happens.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 30, 2010, 07:15:10 PM
Just so everyone has a heads up, their is a category four hurricane coming my way. It's projected to hit the area I live in this Friday. if it hits, their is a very good chance that, amongst other things, we'll be without power, indefinitely.  I may be jumping the gun--I have a bad habit of doing that-- but I figured I would give the heads up, just in case bad stuff happens.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope things turn out fine for you and rest assured that your place will be waiting for you once the storm passes.

Foxfyr

I just sent PMs to the people who have yet to reach the check-in point.  I'll give them a day or two to respond before I continue the story.

TheHangedOne

News time, kiddies*Does that in his best Three-Dog voice.*  The hurricane passed me by without any incident. I slept thruogh it. Everything is groovy.
Check out my poet tree!

Haibane

Is this game still running? Is there space for another character?