Final Fantasy Crisis (Interest Check)

Started by Sasquatch421, December 30, 2012, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

I like him Fallen... I've still been thinking on a home for the rp. Would anybody be opposed if I put it in the Extreme small groups? My thoughts being if someone came a used Nanaki for a character they would be stuck with a character that couldn't take anything past friendship if they wanted to. Otherwise I was thinking NC exotic...

Sasquatch421

Anyone still interested in this? If so I'll put something up in NC Exotic when I get home from work today...

MaiMizzu

I think I could be interested in this. But I'm not 100% sure as to what character. I mean I love the summoners, but that's taken obviously. So maybe a ranger or thief? Or red mage.. always loved red mage.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Chaeronea

I'd be interested in playing too. I'm looking at playing Snow Villiers from FF 13. Is that okay?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Chaeronea on February 02, 2013, 05:17:12 AM
I'd be interested in playing too. I'm looking at playing Snow Villiers from FF 13. Is that okay?

Snow would be fine, I loved his character in the FF13's... Although I did love the funny answer that Serah did when asked about Snow. Oh he just this totally cool guy!

Quote from: MaiMizzu on February 01, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
I think I could be interested in this. But I'm not 100% sure as to what character. I mean I love the summoners, but that's taken obviously. So maybe a ranger or thief? Or red mage.. always loved red mage.

There can always be more then one summoner, but whatever you see fit.

MaiMizzu

If you have no issue then, id love to play a summomer. Like a healing summoner. Mine would be a different kind of class and sll. We'd have to coordinate what summons I use, so I don't use the same ones as you. I love the summoning class from ffxi, if that gives you an indication
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Sasquatch421

I can swing that, I've never played XI so I don't know much... Other then his first Aeon change, Li will only have access to the Spira styled Aeons. Not all of them we can work that out as needed.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on February 02, 2013, 11:02:58 AM
I can swing that, I've never played XI so I don't know much... Other then his first Aeon change, Li will only have access to the Spira styled Aeons. Not all of them we can work that out as needed.

I was thinking about it, and I might expand the summons a little. If I remember, there's 6 or 7 of them I was going to use from FFXI. And by the way, I've played FFXI for years. So I know a bit about them. But I may not wanna just limit myself to the ones in FFXI. Maybe I'll borrow some from other games? I'm not sure.

SargentToughie

I've got some interest in this... Could we add the FF1 world into this? I kinda want to play the canon Red Mage, since it allows me to make whatever kind of character I like, while still having them be relevant in the plot.

What do you think?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Sasquatch421

Quote from: MaiMizzu on February 02, 2013, 04:20:39 PM
I was thinking about it, and I might expand the summons a little. If I remember, there's 6 or 7 of them I was going to use from FFXI. And by the way, I've played FFXI for years. So I know a bit about them. But I may not wanna just limit myself to the ones in FFXI. Maybe I'll borrow some from other games? I'm not sure.

It's entirely possible, with the various place appearing on Spira brings things together. You could have people from Cocoon using Materia, others from Spira learning how to use GF's....
Quote from: SargentToughie on February 02, 2013, 04:32:26 PM
I've got some interest in this... Could we add the FF1 world into this? I kinda want to play the canon Red Mage, since it allows me to make whatever kind of character I like, while still having them be relevant in the plot.

What do you think?

FF1's Red Mage can be in it, he might not have a place from FF1 on Spira though. The land only has so much room, so not a lot of places could fit in. Same way with Cocoon, while Snow will be a character, there would need to be room for Coccon and the means to get there.

SargentToughie

She, not he. ;)

I don't mind if she doesn't have a place on Spira though, as long as I'm allowed some freedom with her character and how she enters the fray even though her world isn't involved in the way things developed.

I'll get started on a character sheet ASAP.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

MaiMizzu

holy crap just realized theres a CS template... working on it!!

Sasquatch421

Chaeronea

Name: Snow Villiers
Sex: male
World: New Bodhum, Pulse (post Final Fantasy XIII).
Class: Sentinel (defender) - primary.
   Commando (physical attacker), Ravager* (attack mage) - secondary.
   Medic (healer), Synergist (buffer), Saboteur (debuffer) - minor
* In FF XIII the Ravager class can use attack magic of any element, however Snow can only use Blizzard and Aero spells
Limit Break / Exclusive Skill: - Sovereign Fist (does extreme damage to one target and half as much to surrounding targets)
Summoned Eidolon - Shiva Sisters

Personality: Snow is flamboyant, hot-headed and emotional, with a firm belief that the strong should protect the weak. He's impulsive and usually cheerful, but can be straightforward and blunt with little respect for authority figures (possible the result of growing up in a Sanctum orphanage). He's not the smartest person around but he's no idiot. In combat he is almost fearless, using his prodigious strength and l'Cie abilities in battle and thinking little of blocking attacks targeted at other with his own body.
Appearance: Snow stands two metres tall with broad shoulders and a heavily muscled build. White-blond hair flows to his shouders but is mostly covered by a black bandanna. His skin is tanned, his eyes are pale blue and stubble decorates his jawline. His facial features are broad and genial, and he often has a jaunty smile. He wears grey cargo pants, black work boots, a light blue shirt that is open to mid-chest, and a tan trenchcoat which incorporates AMP (Antimatter Manipulation Principle) technology to enhance his strength and toughness.

I haven't completed Snow's background yet, but I was thinking of having it after the events of FF XIII and the fall of Cocoon. Maybe instead of Vanille and Fang sacrificing themselves to create the pillar to hold up Cocoon, it was Lightning and Serah who made the sacrifice, which is the reason that Snow is wandering Spira rather than staying at home with Serah and creating that big family he said he wanted :) Does that sound like it could work, Sasquatch?

Sasquatch421

Sure that would work, things might need to be changed around if someone wants to play Lightning or Serah. Though that will come later, since there is such a rich cast to chose from if one goes canon...

MaiMizzu

Name: River Vaasha
Sex: Female
World: Vana’diel. Born in San d'Oria, raised in Windurst.
Class:Summoner/White Mage. Her main discipline is the summoning arts, which she has nearly mastered in her own world. She has a stable of both Terrestial and Celestial Avatars, as well as pacts with the elementals of her world. She is also trained in the healing arts, or White Magic. Her White Magic isn’t nearly as strong as her summoning ability.
Limit Break: Every few hours she is able to perform what is called an ‘Astral Flow’. With it, her summoned partners are at the peak of their power and can perform devastating attacks or feats. However this can only be performed approximately every 6 hours, and River is exhausted after the feat. To the point she has to rest in order to perform spells again.
Personality: River always tries to seem like she’s carefree and nothing bothers her. But that’s not exactly the truth. She is very insecure about most things in her life, about things she has done. From a young age it was obvious she was gifted in magic, and being raised in the Federation of Windurst made that even more obvious. She is fiercely loyal to her friends, and sometimes can be quite outspoken. Even when it’s inappropriate to do so. Praise from others is something she’s always seeking, as a validation of the work she has put into whatever project she is on at the moment. She is very intelligent, but tries not to show that off to much. She feels it can sometimes make her stand out to much.
Background: River was born in San d'Oria, something that is not exactly commonplace for her people. To be born outside of Khazam is considered unusual for Mithra. So from the start it was obvious she was a special little one. As she grew up, it was obvious she had a penitent for magic. At that time, it wasn’t so obvious exactly what discipline would be best for her. So she was sent to Windurst and taken in under the care of a family of Taru there. The Taru were friends of her mother. Since she was in Windurst, she had access to much many more resources in regards to magic. At a young age she started to show real talent in the healing arts, and to most of her teachers it was obvious she would grow into the role of the White Mage. This all changed when she first learned of the forbidden magics known simply as Summoning. She happened upon a small blood red ruby, and to her it almost felt alive. She carried it with her wherever her training took her, and soon the ruby actually came to life. The ruby was the resting place of the Terrestrial Avatar known as Carbuncle, and River had freed him. He quickly became her partner, and he convinced her to seek out the other Avatars resting within the world of Vana’diel. Against her teachers’ wishes, she sought them all out.
Years passed and she became a talented Summoner, her ability surpassing most that had come before her in recent years. But she had still not obtained all of the Avatars, and so her training continues.

Sasquatch421

Chaeronea

Almost finished Snow's background. Once that's done I'll post him on the character thread - should be in the next day or so.

Sasquatch421

Ok, I'll work on getting the IC thread up....