No place to edit my display name in my account settings?

Started by amanda, June 06, 2010, 11:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda

Hi, so... like the title says, there isn't a place to edit my display name where it should be under my username. There's only my username and obviously that isn't editable. Help? Please?
--- Currently on a writing break. My muse is dead ---

Terribly sorry for the people I've been RPing with, serious real life events have caused me to be distracted. Once it's all sorted out and I can return and commit to roleplays again, I will.

Lilias

You cannot change your display name yourself. You can PM an admin to do it for you, but it had better not be on a whim ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

amanda

--- Currently on a writing break. My muse is dead ---

Terribly sorry for the people I've been RPing with, serious real life events have caused me to be distracted. Once it's all sorted out and I can return and commit to roleplays again, I will.

Cold Heritage

You used to be able to; I think disabling that feature is a relatively recent change.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Caeli

Quote from: Cold Heritage on June 06, 2010, 10:18:56 PM
You used to be able to; I think disabling that feature is a relatively recent change.

It was disabled January of this year.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Stan'

Paladin

Quote from: Stan' on June 07, 2010, 08:26:58 PM
Why was it changed?

Cause people were changing their names too much and confusing and annoying the rest of us.

Haibane

I think it may have been because during the holiday seasons such as mid-winter and halloween and some others a lot of people changed their user names to seasonal ones, or seasonal versions. This was okay when it started because only a few people did but after the trend became more popular there were long chunks of time when many users simply had no idea who people were, avatars being changed too in most cases. It was fun, though unfortunately counter-productive.

I hope I have got this accurate, it's only my guessumption though, so I would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Stan'

Paladin

Quote from: Haibane on June 07, 2010, 08:33:58 PM
I think it may have been because during the holiday seasons such as mid-winter and halloween and some others a lot of people changed their user names to seasonal ones, or seasonal versions. This was okay when it started because only a few people did but after the trend became more popular there were long chunks of time when many users simply had no idea who people were, avatars being changed too in most cases. It was fun, though unfortunately counter-productive.

I hope I have got this accurate, it's only my guessumption though, so I would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Thats actually right.

Caeli

Some of the conversation and discussion can be found here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=56945.0

I don't recall if there was another discussion in On Topic made about the issue, but there might well have been.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs