Wedding band settings?

Started by Trieste, February 19, 2012, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Random question: where can I get an idea of wedding band settings without the diamonds? I've inherited diamonds from my great grandmother that my uncle would like to have placed in a setting (and no, I don't know the cut, the size, or any of that about them - they have been kept in a safe my whole life, and I didn't actually know about them until my uncle mentioned it recently) but I know nothing about settings. The idea is to pick a setting for each wedding band, his and mine, and then select the diamond that best suits that setting, but all I can seem to find are settings with diamonds already in them.

And mostly engagement rings, at that. These would not be for an engagement ring; my engagement ring is a silver claddagh. These would be for wedding settings. I think the most ornate piece of jewelry I ever owned was my high school class ring, so I'm utterly inexperienced, here. I have not gone to local jewelery shops because a) I have enough demands on my daytime availability, and b) I don't want the sales pitch, pressure, or general discomfort that I've learned to associate with jewelery shops.

Any suggestions? Sites? Guides? How-tos?

Beguile's Mistress

You can go to a jeweler if you have the time and ask if they have designs without the stones or if you can order a band and have your own stones mounted in it.  You may even be able to designed your own unique bands with the jeweler's help.  In a large city there should be at least a few jewelers who can do something like that.

Try Googling "custom designed wedding bands" and see what pops up.  You might find artists who do this sort of thing.

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste

Thank you! I don't know if my Google-fu was failing miserably or what...

Beguile's Mistress