Space Battleship Musashi 2250: The Eden Project (Recruiting Males, and Females)

Started by Mac84, July 05, 2014, 03:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

This story would revolve around the Yamato's sister ship "Musashi", and Takes place in the Space battleship Yamato 2199 Universe

In the Year 2199, and  the Earth was spared a Radioactive Holocaust at the hands of the Gamalons. The Gift of Starsha has cleansed the Earth of fallout, but there was still lingering effects. Many people found themselves incapable of having children. Concern rose as the Human race feared their line dying out. So the "Eden" Project was created. Its goal, To artificially create life. These would be children free of diseases, and completely healthy. At first the Project was looked upon as a God send. the Human race cheered its endeavor. However, the fickleness of man would rear its ugly head as People were able to procreate again. This sparked many "Anti-Eden" Movements. Calling it an insult to God. So the Government scrapped the project, and demanded that the 8 examples of the project, Four Boys, and four Girls, be destroyed. The scientist couldn't bring themselves to kill the children they worked so hard to create. they put the Children into suspended animation, and jettisoned them out into space. The Scientist Claiming that the Children were incinerated, and trusting to the benevolence of the God above to look after their small family.

The year is now 2250, and the Yamato's Sister Ship, Musashi, is out on patrol in the outlying sectors of Earth Controlled Space. The Musashi comes across a derelict ship, and inspects the contents. Finding 8 Suspended animation capsules. Due to an unknown event all but one of the capsules have lost power, and their occupants have expired. Though the last one was still alive. The Name on the documentation was simply No. IV. the contents of the Capsule revealed to be a young girl no older than 10.

However, there are still many on earth that remember the Eden project, and it afront to the Almighty. They will seek the child's death in a deluded sense of Holy commandment.

Elsewhere in the Universe, there are "Others" With their eyes on the child.

The Young Girl in the story is the Plot Driver. What the story revolves around, causing the ship, and its crew to embark on an epic journey to save the life of one innocent girl that has done nothing to deserve the Death sentence she was given. She will be in no way involved in any adult activities that go on with the ship's crew.

Roles:
Ship's Crew, Pilots for Fighter squadrons for the Musashi, and its Cruiser companion Belka

OOC/Character thread.
IC Thread

Mac84

Mac84

Hello Iridium,

I'm happy to see that you're interested. I'm sure we have room for a "bridge bunny". :-)

We actually have several people playing, and the game has been going for about 2 years. We're just now starting this new "Project Eden" arc. Also Multiple Characters are allow.

Players so far:
Me,
Sessha
Pendarious
Avalon29
Orochimaru.

Also you're not relegated to simply the Musashi, There is also the cruiser Belka as well. Though Pend, as Captain, is the one in charge of that ship. :-)

pendarious

The Belka is just as accepting of new players onboard as the Musashi is
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Sorrow Singer

Saw the name and the first thing I thought of was Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere, but Yamato's good too! you still looking for bodies?

Mac84

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on September 05, 2015, 06:20:19 PM
Saw the name and the first thing I thought of was Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere, but Yamato's good too! you still looking for bodies?

(Checks the morgue)

Yup! We got room!

MiscMrE

I'm new to the board, but I'd definitely be interested. Got a link so I can read a little of what's happened in the past? Recent losses make reassignment easier ;)

Sessha

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on September 05, 2015, 06:20:19 PM

Good anime that series.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

MiscMrE

Mac84

the First Arc got cut short cause one of the key Players was away too long. So while you'll hear mention of past events, they won't play as big a role in this arc, and won't be as important.

I suggest starting at Postt 500, on page 21

MiscMrE

Good stuff, could be a lot of fun. Working on two characters when i wake up.

Ghostraven

If you're still looking for characters I have an Idea for a fighter pilot.

I'll see what I can finalize in the next day or two, if you're still looking.

TTYL

Ghostraven

MiscMrE

Fighter pilot is the second one. The first is a specialized science guy. I might write them both up anyways. I love making character's ;)

Mac84

Yeah, I believe we can fit a couple of Fighter Pilots.

Sessha is the Musashi's CAG,

Science can be fun as well.

Sessha

Sorrow Singer

I'm thinking of rolling a red shirt marine for fun times on away missions.

ravinwulf

If applications are open i have a grease monkey in mind for your plot.

Ghostraven

So I'm assuming that we are all human or are there aliens that are part of the universe, other than the Gamillas.

Mac84

Quote from: Ghostraven on September 07, 2015, 12:34:07 AM
So I'm assuming that we are all human or are there aliens that are part of the universe, other than the Gamillas.

The majority of the crew is human as this is an Earth Ship, but since it takes place nearly half a century into the future, I can see Some Gamalisa that migrated to Earth, and Joined up.

Now according to the latest Movie: Space Battleship Yamato 2199: the Ark of Light.  There are 9 races in the Universe, all human/oid from what I'm understanding.

Humans
Gamalis
Gatlanteans
The Witch Race (whom I can't think of their names)
and Iscandarians are the Five that they shown thus far.

Sessha

Also can't leave out for this campaign our own homebrewed race. Though the home brewed race is not cannon with the series.

Mac84

Ghostraven

Where do you want unapproved characters posted? here or in the OOC/Character thread?

Mac84