Recruitment (Was Interest Check)-Pathfinder E6

Started by National Acrobat, January 02, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Has anyone else been interested in this? Pathfinder E6, which of course is modeled on the E6 Rules that came out for DnD 3.5 years ago. There is even a pdf of the rules.

http://p6codex.com/

For those that don't know what it is, it's a variant of PF where the levels are capped at 6th, and you keep gaining xp, and instead of levels, you gain feats at the next 'level' bump, and that simulates gaining powers and influence, as opposed to actual levels. It's supposed to simulate a more realistic and gritty game, and drop the power level significantly.

Obviously it's not a system for prestige classes, or for some archetypes that gain interesting or significant powers past 6th level.

I find it interesting, and may be interested in running a small group of it, of say 3 pcs + 1 pc of mine, if there appears to be enough interest. I'd likely set it in my homebrew, and it would involve a lot of mystery, ancient history, intrigue, some horror, etc. Stuff you'd find in a more gritty game.

There is enough interest, so I am opening recruitment

I will take 3 pcs. The game is set to start in the Village of Loorkan, in my homebrew

The World Building information can be found here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261289.msg12892216#msg12892216

Pathfinder, Official Paizo Sources only, First Level, 20 point buy, 2 traits, no drawbacks, max gold for first level, Max Hit Points

Loorkan is a small, isolated village in the goodly realm of Baldor and is nestled between two vast mountain ranges and large forested areas that store a lot of secrets. The folk in the region are superstitious and the main powers worshipped in that area are Brgit, Athena and Green Mother. Faiths are listed in the world building thread.

Ideally you will all be locals, but if not, then a reason for you to be in such an isolated place will be needed.

Phaia

I have read over the E6 stuff and think I even downloaded it. I like the idea and agree that the most interesting levels are often the low ones even with loads of mid and high level stuff.

I would love to give this a try!

Phaia

greypsychman

I might be interested in this too. Would the characters be good or neutral aligned?

Cataclysmic Archangel

I find myself kind of interested, although with that said I'm super fluent in 3.5 and not so much in PF.  Granted, that means I don't know what I'm missing after 6th level, right?

National Acrobat

Quote from: greypsychman on January 02, 2017, 10:36:46 PM
I might be interested in this too. Would the characters be good or neutral aligned?

Good, or at least neutral that would work well with good, and do things without a huge incentive needed. E6 rules make the PCs the heroes, easily. Even though levels are capped at 6, the pcs continue to get feats, etc. with each levels worth of xp. Most of your average citizens and bad guys don't, and in fact, are a lot lower level. For most temples, etc. your generic cleric is an expert or adept at best, local militia and solders are commoners and warriors, etc. so the PCs shine, they are the ones called to deal with the problems because they are the ones who can.

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 03, 2017, 06:10:57 AM
I find myself kind of interested, although with that said I'm super fluent in 3.5 and not so much in PF.  Granted, that means I don't know what I'm missing after 6th level, right?

True, but it's not for everyone. I am more interested in the story, and some of the slice of life aspects, and heroes being the heroes, and E6 makes it so, while avoiding the higher level number crunching and powers. A lot of players though, really dig that aspect of PF, so it's definitely not for everyone.

Chulanowa

RubySlippers

I've played E6 before and these rules seem as good, but how are Archetype abilities done past Level 6?

Fey

I'm very interested and would like to play. :D

National Acrobat

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 04, 2017, 05:24:36 AM
I've played E6 before and these rules seem as good, but how are Archetype abilities done past Level 6?

Simply out they aren't. It's designed to be a less mechanical version of pathfinder. While feats are used to increase some abilities ( such as magic and the occasional bloodline power) past 6th, archetypes are not. Simply put, E6 is designed as minimalist.

RubySlippers

That's fine anyway the really fun abilities for archetypes are the bread and butter ones you get first.

greypsychman

Will you be putting the campaign information here or creating a separate thread for it?  Are you looking for certain character types (I usually play fighters)?

BlackStone

Curious as to what type of campaign the game will take shape.  Will it be more combat oriented, hack and slash, social, intrigue?

Grizzly

I did not know about Pathfinder E6.  I'm going to have to check out that link.  It does sound interesting...
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

National Acrobat

It would be a mix of action, exploration, intrigue, mystery, etc.

I will put a thread up with specifics over the weekend, and will post recruitment info in this thread over the weekend as well, as I have enough interest. It's not first come, first serve, and I will leave recruitment open for a week or so.

No particular character types are being looked for. I will take the submissions that I like and think can work for the campaign. Thanks for the interest. I'll put additional info up, etc. over the weekend.

National Acrobat

RubySlippers

Peena Pook Dweomercrafter
Gnome Arcanist

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1065986  *under construction*

Spells Prepared: [Level 0] Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic / [Level 1] Keep Watch, Magic Missile, Secluded Grimoire

Current Arcane Project/Work: Wearing light armor and as spells fail or succeed will be taking notes to learn how to wear it and not fail at casting spells. [To Be Acquired 3rd Level Exploit]

Background: A local ,well general area she hails from an area Dwarf, Gnome and Halfling mining community that trades through the town smelted metal bars and semi-precious gems as well as crafted goods usually to merchant interests outside the area during trading season. But they need food so farmers and craftsmen can get needed goods nails, pots and pans, wire for fencing and other things for farming and repairing etc. She went to the capital to study magic at the school of magic there funded by her family and learned rather un-Gnomish habits like not pranking much and respecting the law of the land. During her time at the capital she also worked on the profession of being a mage including divination, "magical" rituals, basic astrology and crafting "magic items and elixers" for the common people who don't know better. After all the mind often will act on a well done magical ritual with some bells and whistles, or feel better with a talisman of good fortune or an elixir to invigorate the constitution of the body or a card reading with the divining cards and she doesn't charge much for such mundane work. In addition to using magic to aid the community and for coin. She settled in town and is wants a permanent shop and home someday so is looking to make her fortune or get a nice position someplace based on opportunities she gets.

Personality: She will toss a prank now and then but is disciplined and focused on her magic and in life and respects law and order since an orderly community makes working on her magic and projects easier than when its not. Now she won't rip people off she is lawful but her magic work is for more general things and using old books and lore her mentor taught her so it likes effective in truth its more psychological a placebo or it makes. Generally she is a supporter of the community, loyal to friends but her trust earned slowly to be called one, loves gaining new knowledge and arcana and her creature comforts she earns the coin she might as well enjoy herself as well what she can get. But she would like to move to a larger community like a town and well earn enough to do so and is willing to take some risks as needed.

Equipment:

Oh if accepted, I'd like to post my character so I can edit spells and other things on the sheet, as an Arcanist she needs to be able to keep proper notes.