Savage Species (3.5 Gestalt)(currently closed)

Started by ulthakptah, April 15, 2014, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimera

Curious.

Would the tauric template be allowed?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Savant of the Wastes on April 16, 2014, 12:31:39 PM
This looks pretty nifty! I have a hankering to go for the classical savage species. Dragon. Or at least something part dragon. I think it'd be really quite fun. Do you think that would work out for you, ulthakptah? I'll have to go digging around my various books, see what's the best way of actually doing that.
Only metallic dragons. Not because chromatic dragons are evil, but because they don't have the Alternate Form abilities. Also the book you are searching for is probably the Draconomicon. The section on dragon characters as players starts on page 141.

Quote from: Kimera on April 16, 2014, 12:46:20 PM
Curious.

Would the tauric template be allowed?
Yes tauric templates is allowed. I don't think it's in MMII, but later WotC released something saying the level adjustment is +3 more than the base humanoid. So a Tiefling Tauric Scorpion would be a +4.

Zaer Darkwail

And in this game 3/4 from normal LA it would be +3 LA plus HD of the lower body section's animal or critter HD. So large monstrous scorpid has 5d8 HD normally so it's +3 LA + 5 HD as vermin added in.

Thorne

If you apply the fey template, even the chromatics would get the option to shapeshift to a humanoid form. Assuming that works the same as in Pathfinder, which I haven't checked.
(... no, you don't want to know how I know the Pathfinder Fey template does that. You really don't).

As for mine - I think I'mma stick with the barbarian class. And see what's left over, if any.
I'm going to go see if Heroforge supports this wackiness - I know Herolabs doesn't. Any of the math I can spare myself.... (not counting the offers of help, which I very much appreciate).
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Kunoichi

This looks like it could be a pretty fun game. ^^ I'm thinking I'll try making a Vampire Spawn character to submit for it.

Hmm, I could probably do some interesting things with feats or magic items to use that Energy Drain in melee combat...  Ah, but I'd have the stats to make a pretty good Sorcerer, as well.  Decisions, decisions...

ulthakptah

Quote from: Thorne on April 16, 2014, 02:05:11 PM
If you apply the fey template, even the chromatics would get the option to shapeshift to a humanoid form. Assuming that works the same as in Pathfinder, which I haven't checked.
(... no, you don't want to know how I know the Pathfinder Fey template does that. You really don't).

As for mine - I think I'mma stick with the barbarian class. And see what's left over, if any.
I'm going to go see if Heroforge supports this wackiness - I know Herolabs doesn't. Any of the math I can spare myself.... (not counting the offers of help, which I very much appreciate).
Well I would say the first thing you would want to do is pick natural or afflicted. Which would give you a level adjustment of +2 or +1 respectively. Then you need to pick if you want to just be a werewolf, or a werewolf lord. Which is to say take 2 levels of Wolf/Barbarian or 6 levels of Dire Wolf/Barbarian. Last you pick the levels that would get you to level 8 if you picked natural werewolf, or 9 for afflicted.

Thorne

Afflicted. All things being more or less equal, Afflicted Werewolf Lord - I'm pretty sure I can justify that with a suitably rusty plot hook.

Speaking of plot hooks. Where is this set?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

ulthakptah

Quote from: Thorne on April 16, 2014, 02:46:30 PM
Afflicted. All things being more or less equal, Afflicted Werewolf Lord - I'm pretty sure I can justify that with a suitably rusty plot hook.

Speaking of plot hooks. Where is this set?
Great Wheel Cosmology... Oh did you want me to more specific?

The way things are going it is looking like a hamlet in a highly wooded marshland in the northern central area of the main continent on this material plane, a week before the autumn equinox.

Kimera

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 16, 2014, 01:45:21 PM
Only metallic dragons. Not because chromatic dragons are evil, but because they don't have the Alternate Form abilities. Also the book you are searching for is probably the Draconomicon. The section on dragon characters as players starts on page 141.
Yes tauric templates is allowed. I don't think it's in MMII, but later WotC released something saying the level adjustment is +3 more than the base humanoid. So a Tiefling Tauric Scorpion would be a +4.

In savage species, it's only +2 (although I'm not sure which one is most up to date)

I'm toying with the idea of a kraken/tentacle girl, using the lower body of a tentacle creature.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kimera on April 16, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
In savage species, it's only +2 (although I'm not sure which one is most up to date)

I'm toying with the idea of a kraken/tentacle girl, using the lower body of a tentacle creature.

Like to be her in below;

Lockepick

Hello! Officially inputting my interest here!

I'm thinking of going a female Vampire Warlock // Antipaladin!

Some noble heiress who was kidnapped and Daddy refused to pay the ransom. She was turned in an effort to humiliate her Father, who cut off all ties in order to save face. She lived as a Thrall for a long time, before becoming strong enough to kill her Master and free herself. It took her a while to come to terms with what she had become, but she realized it was greater than anything she could have ever been as just some pretty rich face. She dedicated herself to Camazotz, to Darkness and Blood -- and now seeks to find her own definition of power and collect it.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

RubySlippers

Male ,yes male, tribe raised half-orc druid/fighter who is into looting, pillaging and raping. Fun, fun, and fun.

Thorne

Why only half orc? If you can roll monsterous humanoids, why not go whole ho- er, orc?
.. man, that sounded better in my head.

I think I have this more or less worked out, although getting HF to export a sheet I can hand-edit could be entertaining. Yes, Heroforge supports both gestalt and Savage Species. I'm having a hell of a time finding the direwolf bits, but I think that's something I can hand-edit, if I can get the benighted thing to spit out a text sheet.

Before I get into that too far though, am I understanding organization of levels correctly, as I have racial levels/class levels on one side, class levels only on the other?
WwL/Class | Class - for example.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kimera on April 16, 2014, 03:46:41 PM

Okay I say go with what savage species says, makes more sense anyway.

The template only works with medium and large corporeal animal, magical beast, or vermin. So Kraken won't work for the template as it is gargantuan. Also has 20 hit dice, so this is another problem. Giant octopus would work as it is a large creature, or a medium sized squid.

Quote from: Thorne on April 16, 2014, 06:45:29 PM
Why only half orc? If you can roll monsterous humanoids, why not go whole ho- er, orc?
.. man, that sounded better in my head.

I think I have this more or less worked out, although getting HF to export a sheet I can hand-edit could be entertaining. Yes, Heroforge supports both gestalt and Savage Species. I'm having a hell of a time finding the direwolf bits, but I think that's something I can hand-edit, if I can get the benighted thing to spit out a text sheet.

Before I get into that too far though, am I understanding organization of levels correctly, as I have racial levels/class levels on one side, class levels only on the other?
WwL/Class | Class - for example.
I don't really know about Heroforge as I just use plothooks and mythweaver, but you could just make a character sheet for all three of your forms since the forms have different stats and abilities.

NicciKotor

How about a Gestalt Ghaele Sorceress!? Woo!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Anon315

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 16, 2014, 08:06:57 PM
How about a Gestalt Ghaele Sorceress!? Woo!

Well as ghaele have 10 HD and +10 LA, they aren't playable here.

NicciKotor

Unless you use the savage species progression.

ulthakptah

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 16, 2014, 08:33:27 PM
Unless you use the savage species progression.
But if you do use the progression, you can't gestalt a second class on the levels where you get no hit dice from the Ghaele class. However since the level adjustment in this game would be 3 less take out the 6th, 13th, and 19th levels and gain those powers the level before them, 5th, 12th, and 18th.

NicciKotor

Serielye - Gestalt Ghaele/Fighter

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13414

I'm here to make sure that the meanie incubus doesn't hurt any proper ladies! Those girls are for my own personal pleasures!

Serielye is off on the material plane for some good ole vacation from Elysium. Which means getting into plenty of trouble and boozing it up and getting into wild and hilarious adventures. Meeting new and exotic people and maybe even making friends with those filthy evil types! The world is my oyster and I got several hundreds years of vacation days piled up to enjoy it.

Kunoichi

Okay, so just to make sure I understand how the Level Adjustment for this game works, would this be a valid build?

Vampire Spawn LA 3/Undead HD 4/Fighter 1/Swordsage 2//Sorcerer 5/Mindbender 1/Mage of the Arcane Order 1/Escalation Mage 3

Basically, does the Level Adjustment apply to both sides of the build, or just to one side?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 16, 2014, 11:20:09 PM
Okay, so just to make sure I understand how the Level Adjustment for this game works, would this be a valid build?

Vampire Spawn LA 3/Undead HD 4/Fighter 1/Swordsage 2//Sorcerer 5/Mindbender 1/Mage of the Arcane Order 1/Escalation Mage 3

Basically, does the Level Adjustment apply to both sides of the build, or just to one side?
Both sides of the build.

Sinestra

Is this a First-Come First-Serve party or there still room in this wonderfully wicked crew?
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

NicciKotor

Quote from: Sinestra on April 17, 2014, 12:02:38 AM
Is this a First-Come First-Serve party or there still room in this wonderfully wicked crew?

You have to dance fight for it.

Kunoichi

Next important question: I note that you're using fractional BAB in your multiclassing example.  Will we also be using fractional saves?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Sinestra on April 17, 2014, 12:02:38 AM
Quote from: ulthakptah on April 15, 2014, 02:15:18 PM
Slots are not handed first come first served
It was in the first post.
Quote from: NicciKotor on April 17, 2014, 12:06:39 AM
You have to dance fight for it.
That's how you settle thing. In my games it's naked jello wrestling.
Quote from: Kunoichi on April 17, 2014, 12:12:51 AM
Next important question: I note that you're using fractional BAB in your multiclassing example.  Will we also be using fractional saves?
Yes.