Thanks for Game Suggestions!

Started by MaiMizzu, February 13, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

So yeah, I really really appreciate all of the suggestions I got for a new game to play. I'm gonna try Hitman next. But now I'm playing Skyrim.. and I'm in love with it.
But here's something funny...

Keeping in mind I never looked into the story of Skyrim or anything, all I knew is dragons were involved somehow. So while I was creating my character... I decided to make her look like Korra, and I actually named her that. Cause I love love that show and I think Korra is so pretty. So I'm playing Im playing... and I'm to the temple now with the greybeards. Oh, possible spoiler and all... in case there's someone else who hasnt played it yet.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I learned the next Shout, and now I use Unrelenting Force alot too. But when I did I realized something... those both look like Airbending powers!! The unrelenting force is like a gust of strong wind, and the Whirlwind Sprint is like you're being pushed by air! I was like... OH MY GOD I REALLY AM TEH AVATAR! And Dragonborn aren't common, like your character is the first one of the age.  I was like... omg just like avatar!
So I found that funny.

So thanks again for all the suggestions. I really really appreciate it! thanks for helping me decide how to spend money!!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Rhapsody

Eventually, you're going to reach a point where you can't use the bathroom without running into a dragon. That was one of the few things I didn't like about Skyrim.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Boxy

Quote from: Rhapsody on February 13, 2013, 08:46:27 PM
Eventually, you're going to reach a point where you can't use the bathroom without running into a dragon. That was one of the few things I didn't like about Skyrim.

I was actually made to fight two dragons at once at one point...and somehow in the middle of it all I got a bunch of giants and mammoths angry at me, too.  It was pretty terrible. lol

Saerrael

Quote from: Boxy on February 13, 2013, 08:57:10 PM
I was actually made to fight two dragons at once at one point...and somehow in the middle of it all I got a bunch of giants and mammoths angry at me, too.  It was pretty terrible. lol

Familiar! That, and running from one dragon... ...straight into another one while low on health.

I think my worst fight like that would have been Dragon -> Dragon Priest -> Dragon -> random wolf -> Giant Camp (2 giants, flock of mammoths...)
Still unsure where on earth that Dragon Priest came from.

Boxy

Haha, that sounds pretty awful.  I'll admit, though, I have yet to see everything in the game myself, so who knows if there's any more challenging situations I have yet to face.  I know the most frustrating part is accidentally killing my companions. :-X  It's a good thing I play on the easiest difficulty, anyway.  I think I may finally decide to stick to a strong female character who excels at magic and one handed swords and try to get all the way through.

Saerrael

Yeah, I was dead, cremated, buried and dug up again xD

As I've played a few Sneak Bows, I can tell you there is nothing more annoying to have a great shot be blown by a companion suddenly deciding that wall over there looks interesting.

Skyrim does keep things interesting in that way, though ::)

Sasquatch421

I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard about taking a low level character and picking a fight with a giant just to get kicked and sent flying to your death. It's supposed to be pretty funny. Magic annoys me in Skyrim though, playing my pure mage gets to be a pain at times.... I want to make my own spells and test them on Skyrim's friendly forest creatures! And occasionally my companions when they decide it will be a good idea to charge to enemy that I just launched a fireball at....

Skynet

I used to play Skyrim extensively, but now I've calmed down on it.  Some advice:

When looting, try to go for the high value, low weight stuff first.  There will be times when your carrying capacity is approaching maximum weight allowed, and you'll need to make choices in what you take with you.  Unless they place is particularly far away, you can eventually go back with fast travel.

Focus on a "craft" skill (alchemy, blacksmithing) as a way to make money.  You can create superior equipment this way, and sell stuff you make.  Enchanting is cool as well for putting magic enhancements on your armor.

For the dragon fights, you'll need a good ranged attack.  Whether it's arrows or spells matters little as long as you're good at it.  A pure melee character is not going to have fun fighting dragons.  Train yourself in destruction magic/archery for this.