News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder Game Wanted

Started by persephone325, October 08, 2017, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

So, I've been trying to find a Pathfinder game to join for a while. The only problem is, I'd like a game that doesn't really have any smut. When I play D&D games, I prefer to focus on the story and adventure rather than the sex and smut.

So, a Pathfinder game with no sex! ^^ And a fun story/adventure. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blinkin

Actually, I've only seen a relatively few PF games on here that actually involved sex at all. Lots of sexy characters, but in 5 years, I can count the number of sexual encounters that I've played out on one hand. Most games sideline the smut to keep games from bogging down and dying from the smut factor. Your best option is to talk to GM's of games being offered and see how they deal with it.

It's more often an issue of individual smut minded players than smut driven system games.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

persephone325

Quote from: Blinkin on October 08, 2017, 05:21:50 AM
Actually, I've only seen a relatively few PF games on here that actually involved sex at all. Lots of sexy characters, but in 5 years, I can count the number of sexual encounters that I've played out on one hand. Most games sideline the smut to keep games from bogging down and dying from the smut factor. Your best option is to talk to GM's of games being offered and see how they deal with it.

It's more often an issue of individual smut minded players than smut driven system games.

Okey-dokey! I'll keep an eye out for them. ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blinkin

Most of the GMs that I''ve worked with, myself for an example, put up a side thread for the players who just have to have sexy times in the game. This both cuts down on disruptive and stalling scenes and gives the players a place to do it if they want without bothering anyone else with it. So, unless the game is specifically sex driven, like two of the current offerings, it's usually fairly safe to play. But, GM's don't mind answering questions.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

firepyre

You sound like the kind of player I'd like to attract to my game. If you haven't already, take a look. Sex is allowed, but not intended to be a focal point.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276390.0

As a sidenote, if you'd prefer to play games with absolutely no sex, sites like RPOL might better cater to your needs. one of E's biggest selling points is the lack of limits, so it's hardly surprising that it's a challenge to find a good ol' family friendly adventure.

persephone325

Quote from: firepyre on October 08, 2017, 05:59:00 PM
You sound like the kind of player I'd like to attract to my game. If you haven't already, take a look. Sex is allowed, but not intended to be a focal point.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276390.0

As a sidenote, if you'd prefer to play games with absolutely no sex, sites like RPOL might better cater to your needs. one of E's biggest selling points is the lack of limits, so it's hardly surprising that it's a challenge to find a good ol' family friendly adventure.

I don't know how I missed that in my search. >.< Thank you for the link!
I don't know.

persephone325

Kinda want to bump this again.

I'd like a somewhat slower paced game, if possible. I have so many character sheets I've made for games that never happened. :-(
I don't know.

TheScarletBlade

Hey Pers,

Are you anti sex at all or is there limits? Been considering a Pathfinder Game on E for a while but my personal philosophy is essentially libertarian? If on E people in the party wanted to have sexual based themes that would be ok, but I would still be DMing a 1 to 20 adventure path Pathfinder game? Does that make sense? Was gonna see if people were interested, figured I would ask if someone like you, someone seeking a basic pathfinder game found such a premise appealing?

Any answer is great, helps figure out the general attitude of a receptive Pathfinder audience?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

wander

I'd have to venture in my collection of rpgs and see if I got the Pathfinder corebook, though I love the thought of taking Lv.1 characters and following through with them across a campaign like that. Long as there's some rollplay and system use involved, I don't mind if sex is less prevalent or relegated to side-threads.

persephone325

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on March 24, 2018, 03:52:49 PM
Hey Pers,

Are you anti sex at all or is there limits? Been considering a Pathfinder Game on E for a while but my personal philosophy is essentially libertarian? If on E people in the party wanted to have sexual based themes that would be ok, but I would still be DMing a 1 to 20 adventure path Pathfinder game? Does that make sense? Was gonna see if people were interested, figured I would ask if someone like you, someone seeking a basic pathfinder game found such a premise appealing?

Any answer is great, helps figure out the general attitude of a receptive Pathfinder audience?

I'm wouldn't be opposed to the use of a side thread for sexual encounters, like Wander mentioned. It's more a personal preference based on the fact that I don't have a ton of experience with Pathfinder, and feel like that would distract me; or take away from the overall feel of the game. If that makes sense?
I don't know.

TheScarletBlade

Quote from: persephone325 on March 24, 2018, 04:05:06 PM
I'm wouldn't be opposed to the use of a side thread for sexual encounters, like Wander mentioned. It's more a personal preference based on the fact that I don't have a ton of experience with Pathfinder, and feel like that would distract me; or take away from the overall feel of the game. If that makes sense?

I totally understand. As a DM who mostly DM's for only guys, sex is not usually an element in our games and I can see how it would somewhat distracting. My only hope would be that we could find a way to not leave people who wanted to explore those elements, which I am not opposed to seeing how it plays out, to be left behind everyone who wanted to just grind along the story?

Quote from: wander on March 24, 2018, 04:02:20 PM
I'd have to venture in my collection of rpgs and see if I got the Pathfinder corebook, though I love the thought of taking Lv.1 characters and following through with them across a campaign like that. Long as there's some rollplay and system use involved, I don't mind if sex is less prevalent or relegated to side-threads.

There is a more open minded, ambitious Adventure path called Kingmaker that I have been really tempted to try on E. It is an adventure path or campaign written by the creators at Paizo that covers 1-20 levels but unlike more stringent ones, is more flexible: which would suit E. The basic story is about how someone in the party ends up the ruler of a lawless, heirless nation. Could be fun?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Blinkin

I agree with the others, My preference is to keep sex to side threads and focus on the roleplaying of characters in the main thread with the adventure. It might be fun to run from 1st to 20th; I've never actually done that. The concern about leaving people behind in side threads is to make sure that the player knows that dropping their drawers may mean getting a bare butt poked with a spear or getting left behind because everyone else sees something sparklie in a cave... or something like that. When you get down to it, while sex scenes can be extensive post wise, time wise, it's usually less than half an hour if you're being somewhat realistic and anyone who jumps behind the bushes for a romp while the party is taking a break deserves to be left behind.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

persephone325

I would love a longer campaign, seeing as I've only been part of ones that either only lasted a few weeks before fizzling out, or never even got off the ground. I have so many cool character concepts that I never got to play out. :-(
I don't know.

Blinkin

I've been wanting to play a dwarven warpriest and since dwarves are considered the least sexual creatures in fantasyland, it would be a fine chance to try one out.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

wander

I'd enjoy the Kingmaker campaign, sure. :)

As for sex in side-threads, you just fade to black in the main thread and continue onwards there like nothing happened. You can then write what happened in the timeskip in the side-thread, as it'd only be detailing a sex scene. Pretty simple, eh? :)

What books would I need for play? I do have a whole bunch of Pathfinder stuff, I just want to make sure I got the correct stuff. Like, has the corebook changed over time or is any printing okay to use?

I'd probably go with Halfling for race, as I like to play archers and faces.

persephone325

Admittedly, I know basically nothing about Kingmaker.

Like I said, I'm pretty much a noob. lol Sorry.
I don't know.

Blinkin

You're not really suppose to know anything about it, that makes it more fun. ;)

It's an adventure path and you can download the player guide for t for free on the paizo website. I've started to play it twice, but never got beyond a couple of post.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

persephone325

Quote from: Blinkin on March 25, 2018, 03:22:39 AM
You're not really suppose to know anything about it, that makes it more fun. ;)

It's an adventure path and you can download the player guide for t for free on the paizo website. I've started to play it twice, but never got beyond a couple of post.

Ah, I see.

I wonder what kind of classes/races are allowed. I'll have to find the player guide.
I don't know.

Blinkin

It's old enough that it only list the core classes, but there's a place for nearly any class that the GM wants to allow. It starts out exploring the untamed forest sort of setting, but ends up as nation building with the {PC's being the leaders of their own little kingdoms, if I recall.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

persephone325

Quote from: Blinkin on March 25, 2018, 03:59:29 AM
It's old enough that it only list the core classes, but there's a place for nearly any class that the GM wants to allow. It starts out exploring the untamed forest sort of setting, but ends up as nation building with the {PC's being the leaders of their own little kingdoms, if I recall.

That sounds like a lot of fun. ^^
I don't know.

Blinkin

If only Pathfinder had a pixie as a playable race, I love playing pixies...lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteIf only Pathfinder had a pixie as a playable race, I love playing pixies...lol

There you go.

I don't quite get the problem with lewds in a campaign, I mean there is an entire non-adult stuff forum here to dig through. *shrugs*

Oh and I would applaud anyone capable of making a campaign and finding players dedicated enough to 1 from 20 it, erotic or not. Best I've managed to get, consistently was about 5 levels a campaign and after a few years of that I kind of re-tailored my dming style to not be longer. I'd rather have a campaign of ~4 levels completed than get overambitious and see people go inactive. Start people out as lvl 2-3 for 'adventured a bit already/talented, end the campaign before they get some of the more rediculous spells on fifth grade, usually a good time adventuring together.

persephone325

Quote from: Deva on March 25, 2018, 03:21:47 PM
I don't quite get the problem with lewds in a campaign, I mean there is an entire non-adult stuff forum here to dig through. *shrugs*

Having it right there in the thread just detracts from the overall game, in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather just focus on being a bad ass adventurer than banging someone - which is something you can do in real life anyway. lol
I don't know.

wander

I remember reaching Lv.5 in 3.5 with my friends in an IRL tabletop campaign from a Lv.1 start. It was a pretty fun time.

Doing timeskips for sex keeps the plot rolling as the other's don't have to wait for weeks for the pair to finish up. They can write what they did in the timeskip in a side-thread, so they can enjoy that and keep the plot and rolling moving along.

The Kingmaker Player Guide seems to allow all the races and classes from the corebook, with some fluff writing on how to get your choices more involved in the locale around Brevoy. There's also a choice for your character of a Campaign Trait to choose from that gives a modifier to a specific activity based on what backstory you go with, plus basic info on the area of Brevoy the campaign takes place in.

You'd still need the corebook or the SRD to make your character up. Also, I got no idea what's up with Paizo's website atm, though clicking on a whole bunch of things tends to send you a different page altogether than the one wanted.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: persephone325 on March 25, 2018, 03:57:02 PM
Having it right there in the thread just detracts from the overall game, in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather just focus on being a bad ass adventurer than banging someone - which is something you can do in real life anyway. lol

Flipside, you can be bad ass -and- bang people. 80's action movies taught me this. I understand lewd-fatigue if thats all there is, but then again. *chuckles*