[Pathfinder] The Legacy of Auronorex [Recruitment Thread]

Started by Ghostwheel, May 07, 2015, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

It is a cold and rainy day in the port city of Augustana. Most of the merchants, vendors, and shoppers apparently decided that instead of getting drenched on the muddy streets, their day might be better spent enjoying a warm mug of cider in the nearest tavern. As a result, every table is spoken for in the taproom of the Tattered Flag alehouse.

With a grumble from those near to the door, a young boy makes his way into the smoky tavern, heading for the bar. After consulting with the bartender, he heads straight for you. Pulling off his raindrenched cloak, he nervously approaches, producing a sealed letter from his pocket.

“Beg your pardon, Sirs. I’ve a letter for you. Been told to deliver it today to this very place.” The young boy looks nervous as he holds out the wax-sealed envelope.

The time has come when I find myself all caught up on games, and want to get a little more RP in. Pathfinder seems pretty popular when games crop up (understatement maybe?), and while I've been itching to play a high-level one, not many of those tend to be ran, so I figured I'd run one myself. With that said, I'd like to keep momentum high, which means lots of posts. I will be expecting people to post fairly often--if you don't think you can commit to a post at least once every three days, and more than that in combat, please don't apply. I don't intend to be mean, but I really would like to keep the posting rate high so we can gain a level or three before the campaign ends for one reason or another. The party will have already adventured together, so make sure you apply with a character that can gel into a group, rather than someone who's always been a loner and is forced to work together with others due to circumstance.

I will decide on characters in at most a week, and before then if I find applications slowing down and have enough people, so get your concept in ASAP.

Character Creation Rules:
This is an adventure meant for 11th level adventurers, of which I will be accepting 4-5 based on party composition and application quality.
Characters will start with 25 point buy as well as the standard 82,000 gold in wealth, with the sum of your two most expensive items being no more than 41,000 gold.
Characters may begin with up to two traits, and may have a drawback if they so wish.
Your race may be from the Core, Featured, or Uncommon lists. (Obviously no noble drow.) You may also choose a psionic race if you so wish.
Characters gain maximum HP at every level, rather than rolling.

Allowed materials:
Anything by Paizo
Anything by Dreamscarred Press
Other material will be approved on a case-by-case basis

House Rules:
No Leadership feat (though hirelings are allowed if you want something similar for flavor purposes)
No item-creation feats beyond those granted by your class (special permission may be given for Prestige Class prerequisites and the like)
More may come on demand

Character Creation Format
Name:
Race:
Class(es):

Concept: Keep this to 3-5 sentences that hook me in and wow me. Impress me so that I choose you!

No need for a big background, personality, appearance (though attaching a picture is bound to bump you up a few points), or anything else that takes forever to do and is a pain. Have fun with it, and get me excited about your character!

Applicants (in no particular order):

Blinkin

I'll put in tentitive interest, pending more information about the adventure.

Any problem with a female human ranger played by a male?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

VonDoom

Hey Ghostweel! You running a game ought to be interesting and it is indeed quite rare to see a higher level game on here. Any chance you might drop some more information on the game -- overarching themes, which aspects of the game (combat encounters, social activities, puzzles, exploration ... ) are focused on if any, that sort of stuff?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Blinkin on May 07, 2015, 10:58:39 AM
Any problem with a female human ranger played by a male?

I don't mind.

Quote from: Blinkin on May 07, 2015, 10:58:39 AM
I'll put in tentitive interest, pending more information about the adventure.

Quote from: VonDoom on May 07, 2015, 11:00:43 AM
Any chance you might drop some more information on the game -- overarching themes, which aspects of the game (combat encounters, social activities, puzzles, exploration ... ) are focused on if any, that sort of stuff?

Exploration and combat encounters will be forefront for the first part of the adventure, but expect some of the rest splashed in as well. For the first part of the adventure I foresee... undead. Undead and dragons. Perhaps even undead dragons, gadzooks!

Blinkin

Hmmm... wonder how the favored enemy thing would work with one being undead and the other dragons... +6 vs undead dragons? ;)

My next question was going to be about favored enemies and animal companions... How would you feel about a smilodan based on a large cat template? Just for flavor.

Oh, and favored terrians. Nothing worse than a ranger who has absolutely nothing to offer on her biggest class features.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

I think the undead type overrides the dragon type :-P

I have no problem whatsoever reflavoring the smilodon as a large cat, as long as you would be able to take the dinosaur as your animal companion normally. Flavor it to make it work for you.

Finally, on terrains, I don't see it as anywhere near the biggest class feature, so I'll let you pick which ones you want for yourself ;)

If you REALLY don't want to chance it, there are a couple of archetypes that replace Favored Terrain, I believe.

Lockepick

Oh hey! Been talking to Ghostwheel off-site, so didn't think to post here.

Interested. Considering a Magus, but hemming and hawing over it.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ghostwheel

Since I was asked about it, updated original post with what races you could choose.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Muse

I'd be interested too. 

Not sure what I'd like to play.  Psionics is tempting, but there don't seem to be any divine caster applications yet. 

Speaking of divine casters, what setting will this be in? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Blinkin

Give me a hint on the types of terrains that the party will be in mainly? I would hate to set a character up for mountains and everything is going to take place in the artic, for example. I'll assume that the two types of critters mentioned will actually be what they'll meet at leat once in a while, so favored enemies are ok, I think.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

For what it's worth, here is some information on the city you're starting the adventure from. Though I make no promises as to what happens afterwards.

Muse

Name: Amidala Vors
Race:  Human
Class(es):  Cleric of Calistria (Domains of Lust and Trickery.) 

Concept:  Daughter of an Andoran banker and his buxom mistress, Amidala followed in her mother's trade and became a courtesan.  Young, beautiful, and passionate she was a great favorite.  After an older courtesan hired a band of thugs to ravish her, Amidala was nursed back to health and happiness by an elven priestess of Calistria.  She joined the clergy, took her vengence, and then left with a group of adventurer's to see the world. 
   A healer and a trickster, Amidala uses an enchanted whip to disarm or strike down her foes, put out candles, and snag small items from across the room. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

I've changed my mind on the class; going with something simpler and more straightforward... wanna guess?

Name:Myles Ta'Goe
Race:Human
Class(es):Swashbuckler

Concept: Keep this to 3-5 sentences that hook me in and wow me. Impress me so that I choose you! Witty, snippy, and a bit arogant, the bastard of a sailor and a whore none the less demands the best from himself. He's dragged himself up from the sewers to become a bit of a jack of all trades, a fine bladesman and, even to himself, perhaps a little too wreckless for his own good. If it's bravery or foolhartiness is up for debate, but he believes that the ends justifies the means... as long as it doesn't violate his deeply held morals and principles. What those may be could be up to debate, but the fact that he'll never violate them is as good as gold. A sailor, a an adventurer and lover of good drink, he's almost always up for a good story, or making one by living!

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lockepick

Name: Ferrino (Real name: Glynquinal Yinneiros)
Race: Elf
Class: Magus

Concept: Self-loathing, adrenaline junky elf that has found his race to be too flighty, arrogant, and ineffective. Adventurer searching for true power that can further elevate his power and his physical form, though usually too moral to take the opportunities presented to him (Chaotic Good). After all, he can't exactly rub his ascension into the rest of his kind's face if he got there through nefarious means.

Character Sheet     Spellbook

Combat Role: 'Arm' -- Single Target Damage
Combat Script: Dex/Crit Scimitar Build. Dimensional Door + Spell Combat allows instant melee range for full attack actions. Spell Combat + Hasted Assault allows for a number of attacks to rival TWF, and Arcane Pool allows stacking damage types on each hit. Vampiric Touch should keep a healthy buffer of THP -- even more with a lucky crit -- and Arcane Shield allows for short term AC boost if I get overwhelmed. Spell Recall allows for 'situational spells' when need be -- though Memorized Spells are mostly combat specific.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Chulanowa

undecided but interested. Haven't made a character at that level range before, though

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

Name: Amasa
Race: Half-Giant
Class: Soulknife (Gifted Blade)

Concept: A ripped amazonian half-giantess wielding a huge sword and a huge sword. ;)  Towering over most other poeple, she wears but a few scraps of fabric that leave little of her ripped abs, toned arms, muscular legs, massive mammaries, and thick shaft to the imagination. Like the generations that have come and gone before her, she continues the fight for good and freedom with a huge ancestral sword manifested and augmented with her psionic powers. But inside, she is secretly a softie for small cute things, and doubly so if they're small cute things she can stick her other huge inherited sword in.

Character Picture (very definitely NSFW)

Got a question: can I manifest a Large instead of Medium mind blade?

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Autocad on May 08, 2015, 09:26:22 PM
Got a question: can I manifest a Large instead of Medium mind blade?

Unfortunately, a quick google search gave me no definite answers to that question. Throw up a post on DSP's forum (I'm sure they've got one), and we'll abide with whatever they say :-)

Galick

I'd be all for this! There any definite classes yet? I was thinking about going Inquisitor.

Ghostwheel

You can check the original post for a list of players who've applied and stated their classes.

MrBubbles

High-level Pathfinder set in Golarion?

(For real though, debating Warder, Slayer, Gunslinger or Brawler.)

Callie Del Noire

Ghostwheel

Being as it's still 4 days before cutoff date and I haven't locked the thread yet, I'd say so ;D

Foxfyr

Count me interested. I'm thinking of submitting an alchemist, should have him up sometime today.

Callie Del Noire

You okay for me swapping spell focus for scribe scroll? As my bonus feat?

Ghostwheel

As long as you can find a Paizo archetype that does so, sure ^_^

Pockets

Name: Emeric Kessel
Race: Human
Class(es): Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 7/Rogue 3/ Master Chymist 1

Concept: Emeric is a slice of Robin Hood meets Daredevil meets Batman. Emeric is a young man who likes getting paid for the work that he does but he likes to know his money is clean. His code of conduct won’t allow him to steal from those in need and he won’t harm those who don’t warrant it. He’s not above killing people to see things done but there has to be a reason for the killing. The fact that he likes his toys only helps him do his job. He likes to be resourceful and think outside the box.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 08:39:46 AM
As long as you can find a Paizo archetype that does so, sure ^_^

Shame it's the substitute feature for PFS play. No crafting so wizards get spell focus @ 1st and alchemists get extra bombs instead.

Name: Cindrana Longpath, Venture Captain, Lady of the Rods, Runekiller
Class: Wizard (Admixture) 11
Character Sheet
still in work

Born to a mixed couple (Varisinan trader mother, Chellish noble father) in Korvosa, Cindrana was on the quick path to power at the Korvosan Academea when her father's tainted legacy came up. Her transformation into a tiefling at 15 led to several things. Her expulsion, the excuse being her being out for nearly a year, and the fact her father disowned her. She reunited with her Varisan family and eventually joined the Pathfinder Society. Decades later, now a Venture Captain(at large) so is looking for leverage and money to set up a Pathfinder Lodge in Korvosa.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 10, 2015, 08:41:12 AM
Shame it's the substitute feature for PFS play.

This point is salient. Ask me in a day or two while I think about it, and I'll give you a more measured response after I sleep on it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 09:19:04 AM
This point is salient. Ask me in a day or two while I think about it, and I'll give you a more measured response after I sleep on it.

Fair enough fair enough. I'll build her with scribing for now.

Ghostwheel

Quick note, I've been asked about party roles and such and wanted to clarify: while I do care about party roles, I don't really care about the traditional healbot/sneak/tank/magic user, but I do care about anvil/hammer/arm, so keep that in mind. See my signature for more details on these.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm Cindrana is most assuredly a hammer. But she can shield a bit too. (Spells like Air Bubble, Wind wall and such are the reason her group of 11th level pcs got to kill a 17th level Runelord. She helped keep them alive long enough for the beat sticks to kill him. ;))

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Loki Aesir on May 10, 2015, 07:44:19 AM
Count me interested. I'm thinking of submitting an alchemist, should have him up sometime today.

If you have access to it.. check out the Grenadier.. it's an awesome archetype for Alchemist. :D

I play a few in PFS..and they are lots of fun. The Alchemy Manual really did a lot to fill out the class. Instant Alchemy looks fun (haven't tried it yet)

Blinkin

Question.

Would you accept a slight alteration to a magical item?

Example, instead of a belt of dexterity (Forget the verb in the name)

Will you allow bracers of dexterity instead?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Blinkin

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 10:26:02 AM
At the price of +50% to the cost, yes.

Can you give me a reason why it would be a 50% increase for the same creation process?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Are you looking for a rules reason, a flavor reason, or a reason reason?

Blinkin

Oh boy, multiple choice... Ummm.... Any of the above works. I was just curious if there was a rationale behind it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

I'll give you the rules reason then. Because normally it's impossible to do so, but it costs +50% to stack it with another enhancement, so I'll take that guideline and use it. To be slotless, it's +100% cost, but I won't go that far.

Blinkin

Oh, I wasn't going to stack, I just wanted to put something else in the belt slot but wanted the dex mod too. But, thanks for the answer; as usual, the rules on magic items always confuses the hell out of me.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kimmy

Name: Terra Fireheart
Race: Unknown. We can figure that out later. Human or Planetouched are appropriate but the dark winged Strix might also be a suitable base.
Class: Paladin, maybe with a template or prestige class to reflect her story.
Character image, SFW

Concept: A passionate women, Terra has always been a caring, brave & obedient paladin. Early on her church faced a demonette - but could not surpass the immortal evil. Instead they bound the succubi within Terra's skin - trapping the evil as a living tattoo that shifts about Terra's body. Terra's obedient, caring nature might redeem the darkness - though she too must surpass the dark temptations encoiled within her soul. Strong willed, even a Paladin can't deny themselves the simple pleasures. Thus the demon plays upon these desires, opening new pleasures & drawing wealth, oppurtunity & new experiences into Terra's life. But Terra too delves into the darkness, giving love & compassion within the darkness that for so long has been untouched by the light.
Of course, other beings could have noticed the pair - many taking offense. But a few might ponder, wondering what could be made from entwined souls of light & dark...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Foxfyr

As a point of information; I will be on vacation from the 22nd-31st of this month and won't have the ability to post during that time.  Apart from that, I will have no problem making the posting quota.

Name: Elrohir Anarion
Race: Elf
Class(es): Alchemist (Trap Breaker)
Character Sheet

Concept: Elrohir’s thirst for knowledge is insatiable and is most pronounced in his reckless curiosity towards the arcane and mechanics.  A hazardous tendency when combined with his alchemy lab when so many of his experimental concoctions become unstable, often times explosively; which has quickly taught him to be quick on his feet at avoiding such volatile situations.  In truth, he is more than glad to exchange a few hairs on his head or the ability to smell temporarily to see such marvelous reactions.  It is the sort of gnomish obsession that has made him infamous among his companions in their knowing to keep a safe distance both when he is dabbling at his craft as well as when he is in the mood to talk, at great length, about his discoveries.

Build Details

Base Stats: 14, 16, 12, 15, 12, 9

Magical Gear:
+2 Longbow - 8300gp
+2 Mithral Chain Shirt of Light Fortification - 10100gp
Bracers of Facon's Aim - 4000gp
Belt of Dex +4 - 16000gp
Headband of Int +4 - 16000gp
Efficient Quiver - 1800gp
Boots of Striding and Springing - 5500gp
Cloak of Resistance +3 - 9000gp
Ring of Protection +2 - 8000gp
Handy Haversack - 2000gp
4th level scroll - 700gp

Ghostwheel

Feel free to add charsheets if you want (will help me decide), but it isn't mandatory.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 10, 2015, 09:49:57 AM
If you have access to it.. check out the Grenadier.. it's an awesome archetype for Alchemist. :D

I play a few in PFS..and they are lots of fun. The Alchemy Manual really did a lot to fill out the class. Instant Alchemy looks fun (haven't tried it yet)

I was considering it for a bit, but decided to go with trap breaker. Between focused shot and bullseye shot, the move action was far better spent dishing out the hurt with explosive missiles. :-)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Loki Aesir on May 10, 2015, 04:09:40 PM
I was considering it for a bit, but decided to go with trap breaker. Between focused shot and bullseye shot, the move action was far better spent dishing out the hurt with explosive missiles. :-)

I dunno. Runt does good with Str muta. Bulls strength,me large person and a guider full of large durable arrows. The Alchemical weapon infusing ability is awesome for debilitating things. Ghast Retch, 3 rounds of sickened, Tanglefoot you're looking at 2d4 rounds of penalties unless you waste an action on getting free.

Trap breaker has some awesome tricks too

Autocad

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 09, 2015, 03:17:24 AM
Unfortunately, a quick google search gave me no definite answers to that question. Throw up a post on DSP's forum (I'm sure they've got one), and we'll abide with whatever they say :-)

Can we make a large weapon with the Emulate Melee Weapon bladeskill?

Ghostwheel

EndofDivine

Name: Nessessa
Race: Undine
Class(es): Druid

Concept: Nessessa is an ageless fey water spirit whose connection to nature has manifested in the form of formidable druidic powers, powers that grow even stronger when manipulating or fighting in the water she calls home. For the longest time, she ignored the world of humans, preferring to live life in the form of the water itself in the untouched depths of the Inner Sea. It wasn't until the marine creatures she protected were threatened and her waters corrupted with a dark foulness that she presented herself to and asked the assistance of those that walked the land, an experience that proved to be both eye-opening and world changing for her. Outside her watery home, the world was filled with chaos, both good and bad, and Nessessa's conscience wouldn't allow her to pretend like nothing happened and go back to hiding from the world and its problems. Now a literal fish out of water, Nessessa finds herself working with the human creatures that helped her, tagging along on their adventures out of a mixture of gratitude, admiration, and fascination.

MrBubbles

Name: Siegfried of Augustana
Class(es): Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
Character Sheet

Concept: A washed-up mercenary of the worst variety, Siegfried's an aging curmudgeon seeking an easy fortune doing what he does best so he can get back to an early retirement and start up a family to carry on his legacy. Cynical and acerbic, Siegfried's rough, grognard ways belie a genuine sense of responsibility and care he feels towards his party members, much like an old gnarly lion looking after his pride.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Somebody order a thick, meaty tank? Because I've got you a thick, meaty tank.

Kimmy

Ghostwheel, what style of Gameplay are you looking to craft? Your introduction is just a bit vague - and this is totally something I should of asked earlier instead of after applying at the last minute...

I was just wondering if politics and social skills will have oppurtunities to shine - or if we'd be more focus on traditional dungeon delves and combat/puzzled based problem solving? I also have half a mind to throw in a second application for a Karelia dancer or a duelist style character who always appears unarmed but usually carries half a dozen concealed weapons...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Ghostwheel

More the latter, I think; we're starting with something I picked up a while back, and then we'll see if we're all still together in a month or three before I decide what to do with the game, probably with input from players. That said, more exploration and combat for the first part.

Chulanowa

Not able to brain this weekend; i've got the dumb.

Maybe Monday will bring smarter thinking.

What've we got, race-wise? At a glance it looks like humans and elves?

Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Two more days before we get this show on the road!

I just want to emphasize again--I want to keep the game's momentum high and the game itself moving, which is why I'd like us to have frequent posts. I'm fine if you are unable to post for a few days because something came up, but it is important to me that you be able to post often--or that I have your instant messenger info so I can bug you when you need to post :P

If you don't think you can post consistently, fairly often, and on a regular basis, please drop voluntarily so we don't have a party broken up down the road. Thanks! :-)

Kimmy

I wish we had to more to go on here. You've been so vague, I just don't have a clue what you're planning nor what we're signing up to. Is there anything you'd be willing to elaborate on? I'm so curious... But I just don't have a clue what to ask... ^^'

Blinkin

I have the character done, except for a few last minute purchases.  Should I send it via PM or post it here? I ask because it's not a website link, but an actual text sheet... the same one that I always use.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Kimmy on May 12, 2015, 09:40:13 AM
I wish we had to more to go on here. You've been so vague, I just don't have a clue what you're planning nor what we're signing up to. Is there anything you'd be willing to elaborate on? I'm so curious... But I just don't have a clue what to ask... ^^'

If you don't know what to ask, how will I know what to answer? :-O lol

So; adventure in Golarion, as stated in the first post. This will focus more on adventure, exploration, and combat, so if all you're here for is sex, it probably won't be the game for you. We're starting off with an adventure I picked up a while back, and from there will be continuing with other stuff that is only relevant if we actually stay together that long, though it should be a month or two at least, and by then most games die since people don't post regularly or the DM disappears, so I'm not going to hold my breath. That's the reason I want to make sure that people are willing to post often, since I don't plan on disappearing, and would rather not have to find new players or drop anyone if they get lazy (but I'll totally do so in the name of the game and keeping momentum high).

Another thing that's important to me is party cohesion. I don't want a bunch of lone wolves that all complain about how grim the world is and how everything sucks and how everyone hates them and aren't interested in plot hooks. (I think we've all seen the "slow to trust, but super-loyal to friends" character that's always ready to off the first NPC they see with the previously-mentioned personality trait as their excuse for killing perfectly decent people.)

What I'm looking for a party that has a high level of enthusiasm, is ready to take on the world, and follows the hooks I provide so that we can have a grand adventure, rather than a game of "sit in the tavern and try to bang that cute barman/barmaid". The party will have been together for some time now, so I want characters that are willing to support each other when times are tough, are willing to take one for the team, and do whatever they can to see that everyone pulls through.

I am not in any way opposed to evil characters. If you want to do so, more power to you. However, what's important to me is that the party remains cohesive and while I'm fine with some inter-party tension and conflict, I do not want to see it to the point where people leave due to personality differences or where it floods to OOC and people get resentful or angry (which means to you prospective thief types: no stealing from party members. I don't care if it's in character. But that shit will get other players angry faster than almost any other kind of in-character behavior).

If you absolutely need-must-want to add a little more to your application, give the link in my signature a read, and talk about your role in the party combat-wise. Another option is to talk about what you bring to the party personality-wise, and how you tend to interact with the other party members.

Do let me know if you have any other questions, though, I'm looking forward to the game and am usually on hand to help in any way :-)

Blinkin

Sounds just like me and most of the characters that I play.

The big pet peeve that I have in group games is that one character who acts like they really don't want to be there, doesn't want to be part of the party or simply doesn't want to interact... why role-play if you aren't going to interact?

Anyway, sent you the character, personality wise, he's going to be a bit sarcastic, a bit plucky (to others) and be the go-getter type who wants to see everyone through... hense the drawback he has.

Anyway... time will tell

Oh...FYI, my screen reader, OS or just a pain in the ass dinosaur conflicts with googledocs; can't even open it without locking up my system. I've tried reading it before, but just can't do it. Sorry.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

EndofDivine

Quote from: Blinkin on May 12, 2015, 10:56:32 AM
Oh...FYI, my screen reader, OS or just a pain in the ass dinosaur conflicts with googledocs; can't even open it without locking up my system. I've tried reading it before, but just can't do it. Sorry.

His link basically just says that anvils are the ones that control the fight, arms make the party stronger, and hammers kill everything. It's got a lot of advice on combat optimization and other stuff like that too. I can probably copy and paste it into a PM if you want. Not sure if there's a character limit in PMs though so it might end up taking a few.

Blinkin

I've never encountered a character limit, but that doesn't mean much. I rarely send more than 600-800 words in a PM. I can give you my email address though, that should handle it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Blinkin, here's another link for raw text paste: http://pastebin.com/77FcVCH1

And I care less about the specific optimization bits, and more about having a well-balanced party as far as the roles are concerned. Each class lends itself to a different role, which is partially what I'll be looking at.

Chulanowa

Okay. I have free time.

Ghostwheel, what part of Golarion will we be doing this in?

Callie Del Noire

Andorran, home to upstart colonials who don't realize the glory of Taldor they are missing.

Ghostwheel

MrBubbles

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 12, 2015, 04:09:37 PM
Andorran, home to upstart colonials who don't realize the glory of Taldor they are missing.

Remove Sarenrae, Grand Campaign Worst Campaign.

Sorrow Singer

Name: Rita vai Drascir
Class(es): Summoner Synthesist 10. Inquisitor Spell Breaker 1.

Concept: Disgraced and exiled, the beleaguered youth strides with purpose regardless of course. Driven by hidden demons she is relentless In pursuit of her hidden agendas. As exotic in features as she is in garb, Rita vai Drascir stands out proudly, at all times. With her powerful sorcery and unflinching conviction, Rita bends the very essence of Astra, her unique outsider companion. Shaping it's body into that of a form fitting suit of living armour. Appearing in the image of a faux angel, She takes to the battlefield with a reckless abandon. For redemption, for Honor, for vengeance. 

Hellos, new to E but looking very much forward to getting stuck into a few games and pathfinder is an old favorite. Rita is re build of an old character of who I am particularly fond. She fulfills the roll of the anvil in the party composition. Character sheets coming in a few hours and some hand drawn artwork when I get back from work tonight.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MrBubbles on May 12, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
Remove Sarenrae, Grand Campaign Worst Campaign.
ironicallythe snob I'm channelling, the Lady Roasa Annarey Delphine del Noire, Baroness of Lower Zimar and Venture Captain of Lanmass is a closet reformer who plans on backing the ascension of the the first Empress of Taldor, putting the control of the Imperial Purse in the hands of the lower house of the Imperial Assembly and basically unleashing a campaign to reclaim the lands within Modern Taldor. Part of that includes the recognition that the worship of the Dawnflower isn't the same as the Cult of the Dawnflower. Which is a militant by blow.

(My first Seeker level PFS character. :).)

Callie Del Noire

And yes I am a Golarian lore junkie.

Just got the new Andoran source book. Was quite surprise that the country doesn't have a treaty like Taldor does with the Druids of the Verudan forest.

Muse

*chuckles*  I've REALLY got to learn this setting better.  :) 

Here's Amidala Vors mostly finished.  When she's actually complete I'll find a way to get her into a format blinkin can read. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBb1OOG9jo_YN1xX_u1AchDQddTDQaAmm096pKyBWAA/edit

Callie Del Noire

Are we to put the characters in a drive site for you to review?

Ghostwheel

That, or attach a hero lab sheet, or use rpgcrossing's online sheets, or whatever else you want.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 13, 2015, 06:59:58 AM
That, or attach a hero lab sheet, or use rpgcrossing's online sheets, or whatever else you want.

Hero lab portfolio or PDf? I can do it during lunch

Ghostwheel

PDF is probably better, and hero lab is my preferred way these days to build characters, but I realize that not everyone has access to it, so it's far from a requirement and has no affect on acceptance.

Kimmy

So not knowing what to ask was totally the write not-question to ask! *spins* Now I know a lot more & still don't know what to ask. But I think I understand how you think a little better & I like what I'm seeing. ^_^

Good luck choosing between all the concepts!

Callie Del Noire

Two things. iPad hero lab does do pdf exports and my drive doesn't like uploading portfolios. 

Leodouble08

Bah, I wish I saw this sooner. I don't think I have enough time to make up a character.

Ghostwheel

Thank you everyone who applied! Unfortuntaely there were many, many great applications, and I can only take a limited number of you!

With that said, I shall now be locking the thread, and within the next day or two I'll be putting up the game thread and PMing invites to the players so we can get started! ;D

If you want to send me anything last-minute, please send me a PM. You know where to find me ;)

Ghostwheel

Seeing as  I've had two people drop, I'm looking for 1-2 people to fill out the group.

Please note that both were dropped going dark for over a week with no prior notice or word that they were going to be unable to post. If you don't think you can post at least three times a week, please don't apply.

If you've already applied and wish to apply with the same character, please link to the original post you applied with and I shall re-consider your character if you are still interested. Character sheets are not necessary, but will help me decide, so feel free to link to one if you have one ready. Here's a link to the character creation and house rules used in this campaign.

Cheers, and I look forward to gaming with you :-)

Sorrow Singer

If your okay with the Synthesist summoner archetype id like to try throwing Rita out again. But i understand that archetype has something of a stigma attached to it. I could roll up something else if you would prefer.

Ghostwheel

I'm fine with it, though we are currently left with one ranged character (wizard) and two meleers, so keep that in mind. If you want to write up another character for me to consider, feel free to do so, but regardless if you want to offer Rita up again, be sure to link to her so I don't have to go sifting through the thread for every single character back up for consideration ;)

Blinkin

Name:Andru Hezblaid
Race:Human
Class(es):Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade

Concept:
A diplomat rogue and sometimes scoundral, he's the son of moderately prosperous merchants with far, far too much energy for his own good. A born bladesman with a flaire for the dramatic and a zest for whatever life has to offer he's none the less a good man to have at your back when the sails are flapping and the decks are awash in blood. As at home in a tavern as the deck of a ship or the streets of the meanest city, He's as likely to talk his way out of trouble as fight it out and unafraid to play the part of the fool when needed. All he asks for at the end of the day is a good drink, a soft bed and a willing wench to sit on his knee as he tells stories to the crowd like any decent sailor.

More complete biography and character sheet available upon request.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Thorne

Hrm. And hrm, some more.

This is interesting.. but how were you planning on introing new characters, how much of the background would they have (is reading the 'current' thread going to cause a meta-gaming problem, if I did that to get some idea what's going on?), and .. um. How crazy is allowable?
Bearing in mind that, from my brief look at this, it looks like you might be short an anvil and a ranged hammer ..?  >.>
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Ghostwheel

New characters will be introduced in a puff of smoke and memory fog, having been with the party the entire time. I don't particularly want to ground everything to a halt.

And feel free to go crazy. Though note that Leadership is banned, as will be anything comparable. And we're short on a lot of things, unfortunately, as we have three hammers currently. We can take another if you A. REALLY want to play one, and B. give a great concept blurb, but it had better be damn enticing :P

Thorne

... Dude. Don't /tempt/ me. I thrive on crazy that works as intended.
*skritchthink* That leaves anvils and arms. Hm. Actually, I might have just the unsuspecting vic- *cough* Character.

Name: Piav Nimorene
Race: Tiefling (Grimspawn - yes, I have that book)
Class(es): Cleric (Pharasma) (Arm, capable of and willing to summon anvils via Summon Monster, if needed).

Concept:
Not up there in the 'sweet' factor, Piav is ... mostly a nice girl. She is also an honest girl who makes no claims to being 'misunderstood', or any of that; she knows very well what she is and why she was dumped on the doorstep of the Grey Tower as a baby. She's a healer by trade, but she's just as good at knocking down unruly patients as she is at making sure they will get up again later.
Like most clerics of her order, she wears black. A loose robe with a deep hood and full sleeves, that doesn't quite conceal her armor. She keeps a morning star on a loop on her belt. The armor does a pretty fair job of blurring a slender figure, although it takes the loose robes to blur her long legs and the long, nimble tail that acts as a third hand.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Sorrow Singer

I am rebuilding Rita as an Human Unchained summoner Synthesist. Ill be re writing her story blurb as well as scanning some art for her, hopefully she will be ready to go by tomorrow. but for now here is a short blurb and some basic details.

Rita is a banished noble with a lot to prove. generally a little hot headed and supremely self confident, Rita stands to redeem her house and her honor through any means necessary.
In battle she fuses her outsider companion into a suit of living armor and imbues all of it's strength into her own body, combining this with her arcane acumen to control and divide her foes.

Rita fills the Anvil roll, as both a tank and a support caster.

Mnemaxa

Placing my bid.

Name:  Soliqui Ptheric
Race:  Vishkanya
Class(es):  Black Dragon Sorceress 5/Dragon Disciple 6

Concept:  One can accuse those who practice sorcery of many things.  Banality is not one of them.  Soliqui was somewhat reptilian to begin with, but when her heritage started showing through, it was not merely physical in nature.  Fascinated by magic, gems, beauty, and flesh in both visceral combat and sensual lust alike, she has become more dragon than vishkanya.  Frustrated by her inability to garner the same power that makes dragons invincible engines of destruction and beauty without artificially created magics, she seeks out greater sources of power and chances to fulfill a greater destiny...

Additional note:  It is with great amusement that I discover the nature of the game - I didn't start reading the IC quest until after I'd mostly finished the character. 

Soliqui Ptheric Completed CS.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Sorrow Singer

Name:Rita Vai Drascir
Class(es): Unchained Summoner: Synthesist

Concept: Rita Is the Dishonored Scion of a Chelixan Noble house. Politics where not kind to this young daughter of an ailing house and she was disgraced, humiliated and exiled from her home before the age of sixteen. Death, she had always believed, would have been kinder. But at least this way she would one day have her redemption.

A gifted, though untrained arcane prodigy. Rita, in her exile looked inwards for strength, and found it in the form of a sympathetic Outsider companion pulled from the worlds between worlds, it's name it told her, was Astra.

After years of practice Rita found a way to twist the strength and form of her bizarre Avian companion, Fusing it's essence into a form of spiritually empowered Armour. Emboldened by this new power she had discovered Rita set forth to refine it, a purpose forming in the back of her mind.

Driven by a need to grow ever stronger Rita now walks the earth to scour it's secrets, to steal it's strength. Until one day she can return home to drive out the evil in that land, Redeem herself before her family. And reclaim her birthright.

Rita

Eidolon Fusion

Doodling pictures as we speak.
Magic items are done mundane are not.

Muse