PETA has a new idea...

Started by Jag, January 09, 2009, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

I like my Sea Kittens with lemon and baked. ^^

PETA just needs to give up sometimes.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Zakharra

Kitten = something small, cute and fuzzy.  Fish = something wet/slimy, scaled or smooth with thick blubber hide. Can look like anything, good to eat. Not cute.

PETA = Fail.

Oniya

Quote from: Zakharra on January 10, 2009, 02:29:39 PM
Kitten = something small, cute and fuzzy.  Fish = something wet/slimy, scaled or smooth with thick blubber hide. Can look like anything, good to eat. Not cute.

PETA = Fail.

Not even this little guy?  (Who I wouldn't recommend eating without a trained Japanese chef.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Mathim

Does PETA really throw buckets of blood on people and interbreed with animals like it said on South Park? ;D

Seriously, I can't believe they'd even try something that outlandish; are they so naive that they think that'll fly? Animals eat other animals, we are animals hence we are not excluded from this scientific fact. All PETA can say to that is "Mother Nature is a Bitch". Maybe if no humans had ever, ever been eaten by other animals, they might have a case. But we've been animals' victims too. We need to keep reminding them who's on top. ;)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

Here's the 'buckets of blood' story (they used fake blood, but the intent was to shock kids into not eating fast food kids meals).  They have also been known to throw red paint at women in fur coats (because it's safer than throwing it at burly guys wearing leather).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on January 10, 2009, 03:29:03 PM
Does PETA really throw buckets of blood on people and interbreed with animals like it said on South Park? ;D

Seriously, I can't believe they'd even try something that outlandish; are they so naive that they think that'll fly? Animals eat other animals, we are animals hence we are not excluded from this scientific fact. All PETA can say to that is "Mother Nature is a Bitch". Maybe if no humans had ever, ever been eaten by other animals, they might have a case. But we've been animals' victims too. We need to keep reminding them who's on top. ;)
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat tofu. Though I do like tofu. It's nice in soups. I will not eat a tofu turkey.

There are pretty fish, but not cute ones. What does PETA think about animals eating other animals. Go talk to Mr. Bear PETA man get his opion.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Oh, so it was the paint being thrown on people. Cool. Still makes them look quite the bunch of pricks, doesn't it? One must wonder exactly what's going through their heads. Thankfully those of us who know how to be civil about expressing our beliefs outnumber them.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

Quote from: Mathim on January 10, 2009, 04:16:44 PM
Oh, so it was the paint being thrown on people. Cool. Still makes them look quite the bunch of pricks, doesn't it?

Blood or paint, it's still a form of assault.  As somebody once said, 'your right to swing your arm stops at the end of my nose.'

sciurindae

Quote from: Inkidu on January 10, 2009, 04:08:47 PM
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat tofu. Though I do like tofu. It's nice in soups. I will not eat a tofu turkey.

There are pretty fish, but not cute ones. What does PETA think about animals eating other animals. Go talk to Mr. Bear PETA man get his opion.

"We taught a lion to eat tofu."

*chomp*
"This is not happening!"

"Whoa, I think there was something funny in that hippy. . ."

great episode :)

OldSchoolGamer

That's funny.  It's the kind of thing you'd expect to read on Onion or something.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on January 10, 2009, 04:08:47 PM

Tofu is best when it's not trying to be something else.  Except possibly egg white.  It does a pretty decent boiled egg white.  Vegetarian dishes that don't pretend are pretty good, too - I've had some lovely lentil dishes in Indian restaurants.  But if it's calling itself a burger, there'd better be some kind of ruminant in there.  Or at least ostrich.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on January 10, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
Tofu is best when it's not trying to be something else.  Except possibly egg white.  It does a pretty decent boiled egg white.  Vegetarian dishes that don't pretend are pretty good, too - I've had some lovely lentil dishes in Indian restaurants.  But if it's calling itself a burger, there'd better be some kind of ruminant in there.  Or at least ostrich.
I had lentil cookies once and they were awesome, but that's no different than a carrot muffin. It wasn't any health recipe it was just a in a book that had a ton of recipes you'd think you'd never eat. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Coconut cookies are awesome. And there's nothing wrong with vegetarianism, what's wrong is saying that people shouldn't eat meat.

Cecilia

The Penn and Teller show "Bullshit" had an excellent episode on PETA...it showed what a hypocritical and terrorist organization it really is.  I'm all for being nice to your pets...I have two cats and adore them.  Still, I have felt a chinchilla coat and craved to have it wrapped around my body to keep me warm.  The $20,000 price tag is the only thing that kept me from buying it...(My friend has a pet chinchilla...they are about as amusing as pet fish but softer.)

I agree with Penn and Teller's statement that to choose vegetarianism or veganism as a lifestyle choice is about as bourgeois as one can get. "Choice' in food is a developed world concept.

Andy

PETA is still BETA

Thats why they are failing, all errors arent out yet :P

But id help them by not eathing their "Kittens" since i hate fish.
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Skåldr

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

DefectiveTurret

Inkidu

DefectiveTurret

Actually, I heard that from a friend who probably saw it on adultswim.

Inkidu

Quote from: DefectiveTurret on January 25, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
Actually, I heard that from a friend who probably saw it on adultswim.
Well I'm against eating soft lil' purrin' land kitties.

Vekseid

"Contrary to popular belief, the technical term for sea kitten offspring is "baby sea kitties," not "caviar." Many sea kittens build nests where they can raise their baby sea kitties, and others collect small rocks off the sea floor to make widdle hiding pwaces where they can rest."

Oniya

And others simply drop them off and swim away.

Trieste

Caviar is really tasty, and adds a wonderful crunch to a sushi salad.