The Avengers [Added a few more canon characters & OC spots still open!]

Started by Saku, July 09, 2012, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Occident

Isn't everyone but Peter Parker awful in that universe? They made Nightcrawler a bigot who doesn't retain any of his traits that made him the kindest X-Men,  from what I hear.

1SAZ

Pretty much. They took the one time that I remember the main universe Hank hitting his wife and turned it into a rather regular occurrence, ending their marriage and banning him from the team. Black Widow was a total bitch and leaked a video of her husband and herself getting it on (her husband at the time was Tony Stark) and murdered Hawkeye's family. Tony is just a dick in general, and Cap goaded Hulk into killing his nemesis by eating the poor bastard.

The Ultimates are a group of dicks. Simple as that. However, they gave us Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, so it's not all bad. >.>

Occident

They destroyed the long history of a man who accepted all races within his WWII team merely so they could have a black person target than bringing back his black teammate or creating a new one.  I'd prefer if Mr. Jackson played the head of some rival group.

Saku

One thing to keep in mind, the stuff that went on in the comics isn't what is going to go on here. This game is based off of the characters/personalities of the Avengers portrayed in the MOVIES and the focus will be on the Avengers that the MOVIES showed. However, I don't mind a few characters that used to be Avengers from the comics as long as they are not the main focus. I want to see more revolving around the ones that we've seen from the movies: Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, Phil Coulson, Erik Selvig, Nick Fury, Jane Foster, Odin Allfather, Heimdall, Darcy Lewis, Pepper Potts etc... so I would prefer if we stuck with them.

But I don't mind a lot of people playing OCs because we do need them as well, especially ordinary people and original villains that work under the main villains who I think will be Thanos, Skrull, Taskmaster etc... so we need people to play ordinary people OCs and villain OCs.

@AribethAmkiir - I don't know who the Wasp is and am not familiar with her since she wasn't in any of the movies and since this is a movie-based game I kind of don't really want canon characters that I'm not familiar with in the game. But if you want to play a canon character, do any of the roles still open on the front page interest you? Or would you be interested in playing an OC ordinary person or an OC villain? If not, then I suppose you can play Wasp but you'd have to figure out how Wasp interacts with the Avengers because I'd rather they not really know about her in this game...or possibly have heard of her but haven't met her..

@Occident - That would be great if you want to play an OC that's a villain or an ordinary person, we need both!

@1SAZ - Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say Hank lol
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Saku

Sent you a pm regarding that, she can still be in but we'd be changing a few minor things around.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Ryan

AribethAmkiir

Suku - no thank you.  Gwyneth Paltrow forever ruined Pepper Potts by association.  Jane Foster wasn't even important enough to be in The Avengers movie, and wasn't Darcy a tertiary character to begin with?

It didn't hurt to ask though.

Thanks for the consideration.

1SAZ

Well, Ant-Man is out then. In any case, I'll stick with Stark obviously.

Saku

Okay, I think we'll get started and then add more people as we go if we need them. Any of us can play the ones who are unclaimed until someone claims them. ^^ Right now though there are a bunch of things going on in my life so it might take a few days to get something up. Hopefully that's alright. I'll post in the first post of this thread with the link and everything by the way when it's up and will also PM everyone involved when I get it up. ^^
I'm back!

Animegurl5

Take your time and don't rush. I'll still be here when you come back, there is no way I'm leaving the Avengers behind. Lols. :P Hope things in life are pleasant and not crappy though.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Saku

Okay links are now up. We just need someone to write a post as the villains talking etc... and then we can get into the RP! xD ^^
I'm back!

RedEve

Saku

Well I envision the villains start writing somewhere plotting what they're going to do. The other characters start posting in whatever links they are in and then we all come together once Nick Fury brings us together? If you guys have any ideas let me know!
I'm back!

Veluux

I know he's not on the list... but I'd be interested in playing Deadpool as a mild-villain/antagonist. He tends to pop up all over the Marvel universe, so it would be easy to fit him in.

Since he's a mercenary perhaps he could be the primary villain, and after he gets defeated/captured the avengers find out who was paying him to hunt them down? Since it seems like everyone is waiting for villains to show up.

I guess he'd be a temporary villain that leads up to the actual main villain. I don't know, just a thought.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Saku

Well I think it's been decided that Skrull and Taskmaster are the main villains at the moment with Thanos working behind the scenes throughout it all. But I do like your idea about Deadpool being the primary villain at the moment and then have the Avengers find out who was paying him to hunt them down. I see it as Deadpool being hired by Skrull or Taskmaster so that works out. I think 1SAZ is temporarily playing Taskmaster or Skrull until we find someone to play them. ^^

Oh I should make a character profiles thread for the game. I'm gonna go do that now lol
I'm back!

Veluux

Sweet! Ive been itching to play wade wilson/deadpool. The x-men origins wolverine movie got wade wilson perfect but totally flopped with deadpool by merging all the weapon x mutants. The only thing deadpool has for powers is wolverines crazy regeneration.

Veluux

Posted up Deadpool's profile in the character thread, and kicked off the OOC. Who's ready to get this thing started?

Veluux

Love And Submission

Is this still open  and do you still need a villain? Just finished the Avengers actually. Great movie.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Veluux

Quote from: DTW on August 25, 2012, 02:51:20 AM
Is this still open  and do you still need a villain? Just finished the Avengers actually. Great movie.

I asked the same thing over a week ago. I think it's dead.

RedEve

If someone else would step up to GM, I am still interested in this.

Veluux

Quote from: RedEve on August 25, 2012, 04:26:36 AM
If someone else would step up to GM, I am still interested in this.

I would buy i'm already GMing two games...

RedEve