[Pathfinder] The Legacy of Auronorex [Recruitment Thread]

Started by Ghostwheel, May 07, 2015, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EndofDivine

Name: Nessessa
Race: Undine
Class(es): Druid

Concept: Nessessa is an ageless fey water spirit whose connection to nature has manifested in the form of formidable druidic powers, powers that grow even stronger when manipulating or fighting in the water she calls home. For the longest time, she ignored the world of humans, preferring to live life in the form of the water itself in the untouched depths of the Inner Sea. It wasn't until the marine creatures she protected were threatened and her waters corrupted with a dark foulness that she presented herself to and asked the assistance of those that walked the land, an experience that proved to be both eye-opening and world changing for her. Outside her watery home, the world was filled with chaos, both good and bad, and Nessessa's conscience wouldn't allow her to pretend like nothing happened and go back to hiding from the world and its problems. Now a literal fish out of water, Nessessa finds herself working with the human creatures that helped her, tagging along on their adventures out of a mixture of gratitude, admiration, and fascination.

MrBubbles

Name: Siegfried of Augustana
Race: Human
Class(es): Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
Character Sheet

Concept: A washed-up mercenary of the worst variety, Siegfried's an aging curmudgeon seeking an easy fortune doing what he does best so he can get back to an early retirement and start up a family to carry on his legacy. Cynical and acerbic, Siegfried's rough, grognard ways belie a genuine sense of responsibility and care he feels towards his party members, much like an old gnarly lion looking after his pride.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Somebody order a thick, meaty tank? Because I've got you a thick, meaty tank.

Kimmy

Ghostwheel, what style of Gameplay are you looking to craft? Your introduction is just a bit vague - and this is totally something I should of asked earlier instead of after applying at the last minute...

I was just wondering if politics and social skills will have oppurtunities to shine - or if we'd be more focus on traditional dungeon delves and combat/puzzled based problem solving? I also have half a mind to throw in a second application for a Karelia dancer or a duelist style character who always appears unarmed but usually carries half a dozen concealed weapons...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Ghostwheel

More the latter, I think; we're starting with something I picked up a while back, and then we'll see if we're all still together in a month or three before I decide what to do with the game, probably with input from players. That said, more exploration and combat for the first part.

Chulanowa

Not able to brain this weekend; i've got the dumb.

Maybe Monday will bring smarter thinking.

What've we got, race-wise? At a glance it looks like humans and elves?

Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Two more days before we get this show on the road!

I just want to emphasize again--I want to keep the game's momentum high and the game itself moving, which is why I'd like us to have frequent posts. I'm fine if you are unable to post for a few days because something came up, but it is important to me that you be able to post often--or that I have your instant messenger info so I can bug you when you need to post :P

If you don't think you can post consistently, fairly often, and on a regular basis, please drop voluntarily so we don't have a party broken up down the road. Thanks! :-)

Kimmy

I wish we had to more to go on here. You've been so vague, I just don't have a clue what you're planning nor what we're signing up to. Is there anything you'd be willing to elaborate on? I'm so curious... But I just don't have a clue what to ask... ^^'
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Blinkin

I have the character done, except for a few last minute purchases.  Should I send it via PM or post it here? I ask because it's not a website link, but an actual text sheet... the same one that I always use.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Kimmy on May 12, 2015, 09:40:13 AM
I wish we had to more to go on here. You've been so vague, I just don't have a clue what you're planning nor what we're signing up to. Is there anything you'd be willing to elaborate on? I'm so curious... But I just don't have a clue what to ask... ^^'

If you don't know what to ask, how will I know what to answer? :-O lol

So; adventure in Golarion, as stated in the first post. This will focus more on adventure, exploration, and combat, so if all you're here for is sex, it probably won't be the game for you. We're starting off with an adventure I picked up a while back, and from there will be continuing with other stuff that is only relevant if we actually stay together that long, though it should be a month or two at least, and by then most games die since people don't post regularly or the DM disappears, so I'm not going to hold my breath. That's the reason I want to make sure that people are willing to post often, since I don't plan on disappearing, and would rather not have to find new players or drop anyone if they get lazy (but I'll totally do so in the name of the game and keeping momentum high).

Another thing that's important to me is party cohesion. I don't want a bunch of lone wolves that all complain about how grim the world is and how everything sucks and how everyone hates them and aren't interested in plot hooks. (I think we've all seen the "slow to trust, but super-loyal to friends" character that's always ready to off the first NPC they see with the previously-mentioned personality trait as their excuse for killing perfectly decent people.)

What I'm looking for a party that has a high level of enthusiasm, is ready to take on the world, and follows the hooks I provide so that we can have a grand adventure, rather than a game of "sit in the tavern and try to bang that cute barman/barmaid". The party will have been together for some time now, so I want characters that are willing to support each other when times are tough, are willing to take one for the team, and do whatever they can to see that everyone pulls through.

I am not in any way opposed to evil characters. If you want to do so, more power to you. However, what's important to me is that the party remains cohesive and while I'm fine with some inter-party tension and conflict, I do not want to see it to the point where people leave due to personality differences or where it floods to OOC and people get resentful or angry (which means to you prospective thief types: no stealing from party members. I don't care if it's in character. But that shit will get other players angry faster than almost any other kind of in-character behavior).

If you absolutely need-must-want to add a little more to your application, give the link in my signature a read, and talk about your role in the party combat-wise. Another option is to talk about what you bring to the party personality-wise, and how you tend to interact with the other party members.

Do let me know if you have any other questions, though, I'm looking forward to the game and am usually on hand to help in any way :-)

Blinkin

Sounds just like me and most of the characters that I play.

The big pet peeve that I have in group games is that one character who acts like they really don't want to be there, doesn't want to be part of the party or simply doesn't want to interact... why role-play if you aren't going to interact?

Anyway, sent you the character, personality wise, he's going to be a bit sarcastic, a bit plucky (to others) and be the go-getter type who wants to see everyone through... hense the drawback he has.

Anyway... time will tell

Oh...FYI, my screen reader, OS or just a pain in the ass dinosaur conflicts with googledocs; can't even open it without locking up my system. I've tried reading it before, but just can't do it. Sorry.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

EndofDivine

Quote from: Blinkin on May 12, 2015, 10:56:32 AM
Oh...FYI, my screen reader, OS or just a pain in the ass dinosaur conflicts with googledocs; can't even open it without locking up my system. I've tried reading it before, but just can't do it. Sorry.

His link basically just says that anvils are the ones that control the fight, arms make the party stronger, and hammers kill everything. It's got a lot of advice on combat optimization and other stuff like that too. I can probably copy and paste it into a PM if you want. Not sure if there's a character limit in PMs though so it might end up taking a few.

Blinkin

I've never encountered a character limit, but that doesn't mean much. I rarely send more than 600-800 words in a PM. I can give you my email address though, that should handle it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Blinkin, here's another link for raw text paste: http://pastebin.com/77FcVCH1

And I care less about the specific optimization bits, and more about having a well-balanced party as far as the roles are concerned. Each class lends itself to a different role, which is partially what I'll be looking at.

Chulanowa

Okay. I have free time.

Ghostwheel, what part of Golarion will we be doing this in?

Callie Del Noire

Andorran, home to upstart colonials who don't realize the glory of Taldor they are missing.

Ghostwheel

MrBubbles

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 12, 2015, 04:09:37 PM
Andorran, home to upstart colonials who don't realize the glory of Taldor they are missing.

Remove Sarenrae, Grand Campaign Worst Campaign.

Sorrow Singer

Name: Rita vai Drascir
Race: Human
Class(es): Summoner Synthesist 10. Inquisitor Spell Breaker 1.

Concept: Disgraced and exiled, the beleaguered youth strides with purpose regardless of course. Driven by hidden demons she is relentless In pursuit of her hidden agendas. As exotic in features as she is in garb, Rita vai Drascir stands out proudly, at all times. With her powerful sorcery and unflinching conviction, Rita bends the very essence of Astra, her unique outsider companion. Shaping it's body into that of a form fitting suit of living armour. Appearing in the image of a faux angel, She takes to the battlefield with a reckless abandon. For redemption, for Honor, for vengeance. 

Hellos, new to E but looking very much forward to getting stuck into a few games and pathfinder is an old favorite. Rita is re build of an old character of who I am particularly fond. She fulfills the roll of the anvil in the party composition. Character sheets coming in a few hours and some hand drawn artwork when I get back from work tonight.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MrBubbles on May 12, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
Remove Sarenrae, Grand Campaign Worst Campaign.
ironicallythe snob I'm channelling, the Lady Roasa Annarey Delphine del Noire, Baroness of Lower Zimar and Venture Captain of Lanmass is a closet reformer who plans on backing the ascension of the the first Empress of Taldor, putting the control of the Imperial Purse in the hands of the lower house of the Imperial Assembly and basically unleashing a campaign to reclaim the lands within Modern Taldor. Part of that includes the recognition that the worship of the Dawnflower isn't the same as the Cult of the Dawnflower. Which is a militant by blow.

(My first Seeker level PFS character. :).)

Callie Del Noire

And yes I am a Golarian lore junkie.

Just got the new Andoran source book. Was quite surprise that the country doesn't have a treaty like Taldor does with the Druids of the Verudan forest.

Muse

*chuckles*  I've REALLY got to learn this setting better.  :) 

Here's Amidala Vors mostly finished.  When she's actually complete I'll find a way to get her into a format blinkin can read. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBb1OOG9jo_YN1xX_u1AchDQddTDQaAmm096pKyBWAA/edit
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Callie Del Noire

Are we to put the characters in a drive site for you to review?

Ghostwheel

That, or attach a hero lab sheet, or use rpgcrossing's online sheets, or whatever else you want.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 13, 2015, 06:59:58 AM
That, or attach a hero lab sheet, or use rpgcrossing's online sheets, or whatever else you want.

Hero lab portfolio or PDf? I can do it during lunch