Character Ages

Started by Florence, July 31, 2012, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'd like to see if anyone can clarify something for me.

Characters can't be engaged in sexual content if they're under 16, I get that, but is it kosher for an rp that has sexual content to have characters in it who are under 16 PROVIDED they stay as far away from the sexual content as physically possible?

I ask cause I'm running a Final Fantasy VIII-based group rp, and I'm opening up a flashback thread for people to rp stuff out that already happened before the rp started up, and I want to know if them having flashbacks to their characters before they were 16 would be acceptable, provided nothing dirty happens around them.

Also, it'll just help to know if I can use NPCs who are under 16, and such, in case the plot needs a kid to save from a monster or something, or just some kids running around so that the cities aren't suspiciously devoid of child life.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Beguile's Mistress

Elina

No pictures, though, of anyone under 18 under any circumstance, including as character pictures.  :)

Florence

Thanks for the help, I have another question, since one of the players in the rp I'm running asked this:

Quote from: Kineas on July 31, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
Aaah, cool.

In terms of adult content, does that also mean no horrifically violent/gory scenes, or is it specifically just no sexualization of minors?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Elina

QuoteAll sexual role playing and sexual storytelling must involve physically and mentally mature characters. They must be sixteen years of age or over, and/or the physical and mental equivalent. Banned role playing and story subjects include lolicon, shotacon, or any other form of sexualizing prepubescent minors.

That is the rule.  It seems to apply specifically to sexual content and not general adult content.

SpiralSpider

This is a great question to ask... I"m glad to know the answer now, too.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."