Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)

Started by paraplu, January 22, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paraplu

Aight, so this topic's rather self-explanatory. I was wondering what you people enjoy drinking.

Personally, I enjoy a good Palm (Belgian), Hertog Jan (Dutch) or a Duvel (Belgian). Kasteelbier (Dutch) is great too. I'm also good with Grolsch (Dutch) and Guinness (Irish). New Zealand had a brand called... Tui, I think. Tui was nice, but I'm still glad to be home on that account ;p Other than beers I enjoy a wine on occasion, although they're often too expensive for me to remember the name. Regardless the right wine goes really well with dinner.

So how about you people? What do you like to drink?

Serephino

I'm not a big fan of beer.  Wine is okay, but there are so many kinds...  It's hard to know what brands are good, and what kind I like.  I go more for cocktails.  What I really like is white rum mixed with kool aid. 

Oniya

I'm particularly fond of meads, melomels and methiglins, home made when I have the time, space, and money to do it.  If it comes down to something I can get at a bar, then I go with a hard cider, sweet over dry, but either is good.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Haha! New fav thread! My number one beer of choice is Molson Canadian. Amazing and perfect just like the land it comes from! ;D
Ragtime Dandies!

pandaandthelion

Hmmmmm Not a fan of Beer always made me sick drinking it and since now I'm over the Legal Drinking Age in Australia I would have to Say my Fav Would Be Smirnoff Black Ice

Hemingway

I'm not a huge fan of beer, as it usually leaves me feeling ... very full and slightly nauseous. Despite this, there are certain beers I like. Edelweiss or Erdinger Weissbier.

My alcoholic beverage of choice, however, is Bulmers cider. It's delicious beyond words, it doesn't have the nauseating effect of beer, and it's sufficiently dry and unusual compared to sweet supermarket ciders, to be manly as hell. Because people often question my manliness due to my cider-drinking.

Callie Del Noire

Guinness was one of my favorites till I made a BAD move. I ordered and drank one in Singapore, thought my teeth was going to dissolve. I like a lot of 'cheap' beer mostly, such as Corona as well as any of a variety of East India pales and such. There were a bunch of micro-brews that I tried while I was in Perth, and in Maine. Some of  stuff I learned to like in Rota when I was based there include Sangria (resturant specific blends), Harvey's Bristol Cream, Cruz Campos (ONLY Freezing cold) and such.

And of course Strongbow Hard Cider.

Will

Favorite beer... probably Gulden Draak, a Belgian strong dark ale.  Stuff is expensive, though. :(  Delirium Nocturnum is another favorite, and in the same style.  I'm also in love with just about anything brewed by Terrapin out of Athens, GA, but having moved recently, I'm still searching for someone who carries their stuff.

As far as other alcoholic beverages go?  I love bourbon.  I don't always feel up to drinking it straight, in which case I'll mix it with Sprite, 7-Up, or something of that nature, but I do love it with just a tiny bit of water.  As much as I enjoy the taste of the alcohol itself (and I do), a little water helps to open it up so you can taste everything else.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Lady Higashi

Alright, I have a small list:

Amaretto Sour when I go out
Screw Driver or Vanilla Coke and Jim Bean at home

Coke and Southern Comfort when I visit my family.
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education."

One Month! Let's do this!

freakula86

Not a big drinker anymore, like back in the day since the car accident..But I will give it a shot.

Yeinling Lager
Crown and Coke
Jack and Coke
Jagermeister my all time favorite alcohol.. ;D I can drink it straight without anything cold or warm it doesn't matter to me. On occasion I will do Jagerbombs, just don't like the way they make me feel though.

CarnivorousBunny

Personally I don't like hard drinks because I've never been a strong drinker. 
I like San Miguel Light best because after two of those I'm good for the night.

BUT if we're going taste-wise there was a lemon beer I tasted at Hofbräuhaus in Germany that just blew my mind.  It was the most delicious beer EVER!
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Fleetingsanity

For me my personal favorites have got to be Rickards White and Strongbow but I'm always trying new beer so who knows when I'll find a new favorite.

The Dream Machine

I like to keep it simple--scotch and bourbon, straight up or on the rocks depending on my mood.  I've never really been one for cocktails or beer though.

ausyandy

I don't like beer.  :P

My favourite drinks are Smirnoff Ice Double Black and also Bourbon and Cola.

Eternal Blade

Becks beer has been my favorite, I never liked American beers, though most of my family calls me crazy. I recently found out about dark beer, and now it's about all I'll drink.

For hard liquor I prefer rum, any kind is good, but cold spiced is my preferred. I've heard many people say spiced rum is too thick, but then that may be why I like it.

freakula86

I would have to say homemade Mead...that and Musky dine wine is good as well..Yum.

TheLovelyMaid

Favorite Beer: Bud Light, Wild Blue, Berryweiss, Coors Light

Favorite Cocktail: French Kiss, Miami Vice, Bahama Mama

Favorite Shots: apple pie shots, oatmeal raisin shots

Anesa

Could really go for a cold beer right now.  Just make it a Bud Light, please.

Fae Brin

Mango Margarita, at the moment anyway.

It's the only mango flavoured thing that I like. @.@
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

bandit

When it comes to beer I pretty much only drink Guinness. Once in a while I'll do a Boddington's but that's about it.

As far as spirits go, I drink Absinthe, Jade 1901 is my favorite. Pricey but well worth ever penny.
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Nevermore of blood ravens

I would have to put my vote in for the green faerie as well.

xerxes

My favorite is Laško (slovenian beer) or Radler a mix of bier and lemonade or grapefruit drink.

I also like Gösser, that is German i belive.

Silverfyre

I've actually become quite fond of Sam Adam's and its plethora of brews.  I'm also a sucker for Kirin's line of beers (yes, I know it's really Busch here in the states that makes it).

Callie Del Noire

Right now I got a hankering for this one restaurant's take on Sangria. It was a little Mongolian bbq/Chinese Buffet run about a block and a half of the beach in Rota, Spain. They used apple slices and strawberries in it, and it was AWESOME to drink. I lived about 6 minutes staggering distance from the place and me and my friends would drink about two or three pitchers of it over dinner.

It was kind of ironic since the owner was Hong Kong Chinese, with an East End Londoner for a wife running a restaurant in Spain.