News:

Main Menu

Disney Sequels

Started by krakenknight, October 28, 2011, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krakenknight

Having been slightly ahead of the sequel glut I do have to ask were any of them any good.
I seem to recall "Return of Jafar" had at least one good villain song
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vYyO44U2BQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unfortunately Gilbert Gottfried got 2 songs as well
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XIthOcJufEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any of the others measure up?

Shjade

That song is literally the only memorable part of that movie. I'm not sure I'd call it a good one for having one catchy song in it.

The only Disney sequel (assuming we're talking strictly about their classic animated movies and not things like Toy Story 1-3, all of which are awesome) that comes to mind as being better than/superior to the original is Rescuers Down Under.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on October 28, 2011, 02:58:26 PM
That song is literally the only memorable part of that movie. I'm not sure I'd call it a good one for having one catchy song in it.

The only Disney sequel (assuming we're talking strictly about their classic animated movies and not things like Toy Story 1-3, all of which are awesome) that comes to mind as being better than/superior to the original is Rescuers Down Under.

Pixar has a much greater criteria for a sequel. Hence the lack of a lot of sequals on their stuff till a good chuck of the company is happy with the options they got.

Hence the lack of an Incredibles sequel. An interview recently, think with the producer or writer, said they (Pixar) want to do one but can't come up with a storyline that doesn't seem forced.

HockeyGod

When I was little they had these CDs at McDonalds with compilations of songs from Disney movies. I seem to recall a few of the songs were from sequels. I found the CD and sure enough...

Out Of Thin Air

The Little Mermaid 2 - For A Moment

lollipop

I'm with Shjade, the Toy Story franchise is by far the best sequels of any Disney film.

Though, I must admit ... Cars 2 was pretty good, though a little bit long.

Jacqueline

Mulan 2 was pretty decent for a sequel, considering than most are pretty bad or released to DVD right away.

krakenknight

I think they'd have been better off if they hadn't tried to make these musicals.

Jacqueline

Oh, two more that I remembered. Return to Neverland and Lion King 2, both are okay. But yes, The Rescuers Down Under is probably the best.

abandoneddolly

Oh I loved lion King 2 when I was a little kid. I was going to find kovu and bring him home as a pet.