Enchanted University | A Disney Group Role Play | Interest Check

Started by AliceInLace, September 20, 2014, 06:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceInLace

Enchanted University

Walt Disney has made us fall in love with so many characters, however his main goal was to protect them from the evil sorcerer. In a last stitch effort he, a wizard himself, casted a great spell that pulled all of our characters into the modern world. They knew not of who they were or where they came from but they were safe. A school was built to house all of the characters and teach them of the real world today, and more so to protect them from evil. However, the Sorcerer found out Disney's secret and casted a spell on himself and all of the villains and brought them there. Only he and Disney knew the truth, all the others, good or bad, had there memories wiped as a side effect of the spell.

How will the characters get along? Will they ever find out who the are? Will their roles follow its written path, or create a knew one? Most important... Will they win over the Sorcerer...

Welcome

ACCEPTING ALL, SHORT ON FEMALES

Hello, I used to manage a game similar to this called a Modern Fairytale and decided to re-vamp it and bring it here. Disney is something we have all have grown up with. We have wondered what would happen if they were in a modern world... or who they would be with if given a larger cast. I want to create a large group for this role play but need to see some interest first.

I would pull every well known Disney movie for character options and it would be a single thread role play since the majority of it takes place in the same setting. The Sorcerer will be a NPC unless someone really wants to make him a full character.

Everyone could have up to two characters with no limits on sexuality or relation ships... ever want a gay Eric or see what would happen if it was Snow and Beast? Now you can!

Players

Here I will keep a list of current interested players, once I get five or six I will open the thread. I have no limit on how many people can join, basically until the characters run out.

* Verified Active

AliceInLace::. Esmeralda, Alice and Megara *
Loves::. Belle and Rapunzel *
maverick21980::. Scar *
Chulanowa::. Merida and Bambi
Frozen Star::. Cinderella *
Swashbuckler::. Aladdin and Gaston *
DesertFlower::. Jasmine *
Kokaine::. Pocahontas and Ursula *
Prince Truhan::. Beast and Hades *
xSnorkleRainbow::. Jane *
LittleKitten::. Kida
azzmeister89::. Sora *
Juggtacular::. Hercules and Tarzan *
Aiden::. Captain Hook *
Amelita::. Tinkerbell and Doctor Facillier *
Torterrable::. Jafar*
Jamedy Angel::. Mother Gothal and The Mad Hatter*
Dancing Flower::. Vitini*
Xenphir::. Unknown and Mushu*
Sansa::. Wendy Darling*
TheBlackThrone::. Pheobus and Artful Dodger*
Fedora::. Flotsam and Jetsam

Characters

Here is a sample list of characters I am looking to have. Any suggestions for other Disney films are accepted :)

When you portray these characters I am looking for: Each live-action character resembles their cartoon/actor counterpart in looks and in personality. The characters will have different names and any animal/inanimate based Disney toon has been turned human. All characters range from 18-25 and they may have one special ability that pertains to their character, though they are not knowledgeable or have access to the ability until later on.

*updated November 4, 2014*

Peter Pan

Wendy
John
Michael
Jane
Tinkerbell
Peter Pan
Captain Hook

The Little Mermaid

Ariel
Eric
Flounder
Sebastian
Attina
Alana
Adella
Aquata
Arista
Adrina
Floatsam
Jetsam
Ursula

Alice in Wonderland

Alice
Cheshire Cat
Mad Hatter
White Rabbit
White Queen
Absolem
Red Queen

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Snow White
Prince Florian
Happy
Sleepy
Sneezy
Doc
Dopey
Grumpy
Bashful
Evil Queen

Sleeping Beauty

Aurora
Philip
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Diablo
Maleficent

Beauty and the Beast

Belle
Beast
Lumiere
Cogsworth
Mrs. Potts
Chip
Lefou
Gaston

Aladdin

Aladdin
Jasmine
Iago
Genie
Jafar

The Lion King

Simba
Nala
Kiara
Kovu
Timon
Pumba
Nuka
Vitani
Zira
Scar

Nightmare Before Christmas

Jack
Sally
Santa Claus
Lock
Shock
Barrel
Oogie Boogie

Mulan

Mulan
Shang
Mushu
Crickee
Ling
Chien-Po
Yao
Hayubasa
Shan Yu

Pocahontas

Pocahontas
John Smith
John Rolfe
Nakoma
Kocoum
Flit
Percy
Meeko
Govenor Ratcliffe

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Milo Thatch
Kida
Vinni Santorini
Joshua Sweet
Audrey Ramirez
Helga Sinclair
Lyle Rourke

Tarzan

Jane
Tarzan
Terk
Professor Porter
Clayton

Cinderella

Cinderella
Prince Charming
Gus
Jaq
The Baker
Anastasia
Drizella

Princess and the Frog

Tiana
Naveen
Charlotte "Lottie" La Bouff
Mama Odie
Doctor Facilier

Hercules

Hercules
Megara
Phil
Pain
Panic
Cerberus
Hades

Frozen

Anna
Kristoff
Elsa
Olaf
Sven
Hans

Brave

Merida
Queen Elinor
King Fergus
Wee Dingwall
Young Macintosh
Young MacGuffin
Mordu

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Quadimodo
Esmeralda
Madelina
Phoebus
Frollo

The Aristocats

Duchess
Thomas O'Malley
Marie
Toulouse
Berlioz
Edgar Balthazar

Tangled

Rapunzel
Flynn Rider
Pascal
Maximus
Mother Gothel

Kingdom Hearts

Sora
Riku
Kairi
Namine
Aqua
Terra
Ventus
Roxas
Vantias
Axel
Xion
Xemnas
Xigbar
Xaldin
Vexen
Lexaeus
Zexion
Saix
Demyx
Marluxia
Larxene

Updates and Announcements

September 20, 2014::. Opened Interest Thread
September 20, 2014::. Added Character List
September 22, 2014::. Opened Threads
September 25, 2014::. Updated Characters

Other Threads

Recruitment Thread
Thread OOC
Character Sheets
In Character Role Play

18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

AliceInLace

Added the character list <3

Also, if there is already a thread similar to this, let me know :)
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

AndyZ

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205007.0

Although it doesn't seem to still be active, you may well be able to use this as a springboard for your idea and to possibly find interested people.

Here's another: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187406.msg9040855#msg9040855
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Green Goo Theory

Is this only animated stuff or would it include the likes of Pirates? 

No, I'm not going to try to push any limits to include Star Wars or Marvel (both owned by Disney now). 
Coming soon...

azzmeister89

Sounds like fun, will need to think what character from what Disney film i would want to play but i shall keep tabs on this.

AliceInLace

Tonberryshuffle:

I have indeed thought of adding some of their other films like Pirates of the Caribbean, especially if that is an interest of others. I would be okay with it, even like final fantasy or some of the others.

But yeah, Star Wars and Marval would push it only because they themselves are not Disney films, only sponsored by them.

azzmeister89

Take you're time, I will officially be opening it when I get about five people who say "Yes, I will be joining." or something to that affect lol

AndyZ

Thank you! I shall definitely look into them.

azzmeister89

If final fantasy is available would a character like sora from kingdom hearts be possible, despite not knowing it, he was sent to guard the Disney princesses or something.

Otherwise i'm thinking maybe a jimminy cricket type character, he has none of his memories but he has a vauge sence of things and is meant to guide the others or if you look at the origional versions of the stories by the brothers grimm, maybe adding some kind of darker character who is making sure things go as they should be.

Let me know what you think.

AliceInLace

Quote from: azzmeister89 on September 21, 2014, 07:54:17 AM
If final fantasy is available would a character like sora from kingdom hearts be possible, despite not knowing it, he was sent to guard the Disney princesses or something.

Otherwise i'm thinking maybe a jimminy cricket type character, he has none of his memories but he has a vauge sence of things and is meant to guide the others or if you look at the origional versions of the stories by the brothers grimm, maybe adding some kind of darker character who is making sure things go as they should be.

Let me know what you think.

I think the idea for Sora would be perfect, since that was sort of his role in KH was a protector.

Well the Sorcerer is sort of that Darker role, her/she brought the villains there and even though they may not know who they were the Sorcerer is going to try and ruin and get rid of the characters

azzmeister89

Awesome, sora-like character it is, let me know what kind of limits you want on what he can do but it will be interesting to see how i can put the keyblade into a real life setting without making it an actual weapon.

AliceInLace

Quote from: azzmeister89 on September 21, 2014, 08:19:13 AM
Awesome, sora-like character it is, let me know what kind of limits you want on what he can do but it will be interesting to see how i can put the keyblade into a real life setting without making it an actual weapon.

Basically here is what I'm thinking for each character, I'll add this to the first post as well.

Each live-action character resembles their cartoon/actor counterpart in looks and in personality. The characters will have different names and any animal/inanimate based Disney toon has been turned human. All characters range from 18-25 and they may have one special ability that pertains to their character, though they are not knowledgeable or have access to the ability until later on.

So with that, Your Sora's ability could be a keyblade necklace that later on has the ability to hange into the key blade itself.

xPeachyPuff

I'd be interested! Thinking of claiming either Jane (Tarzan), Kiara (The Lion King) or Ariel (The Little Mermaid). I know...I need to make up my mind lol..

Made up my mind, mwahaha! I'm gonna take Jane from Tarzan (: Going to be using the model Barbara Palvin for her face claim. (This is more here for my own sake so I don't lose her name LOL.)

- Rainbow ♥

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: AliceInLace on September 21, 2014, 06:21:38 AM
Tonberryshuffle:

I have indeed thought of adding some of their other films like Pirates of the Caribbean, especially if that is an interest of others. I would be okay with it, even like final fantasy or some of the others.

But yeah, Star Wars and Marval would push it only because they themselves are not Disney films, only sponsored by them.

Awesome.  I'm torn at the moment; I was just exploring my options.  But Treasure Planet may be cool. 

There's just so many options.

also, I think it may be better to limit it to KH rather than FF as a whole.  That still leaves a lot of options. 

Edit:

A human form stitch or Genie would be amazing!  Especially with the Genie PB being obvious and it'd be great to honor the man. 
Coming soon...

AliceInLace

Agreed Tonberry, that's why I wasn't going to add in Marval and star Wars, I feel like if we just added all the films it might be overwhelming

AliceInLace

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 21, 2014, 03:36:25 PM
I'd be interested! Thinking of claiming either Jane (Tarzan), Kiara (The Lion King) or Ariel (The Little Mermaid). I know...I need to make up my mind lol..

Made up my mind, mwahaha! I'm gonna take Jane from Tarzan (: Going to be using the model Barbara Palvin for her face claim. (This is more here for my own sake so I don't lose her name LOL.)

- Rainbow ♥

Alright :) I know, I am GM and I still can't decide who I want xD

Green Goo Theory

I want to say I'm in but I can't decide on a character.  Even worse I only have on PB in mind and that's just the easy one. 
Coming soon...

Prince Truhan

AliceInLace

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on September 21, 2014, 06:32:50 PM
I want to say I'm in but I can't decide on a character.  Even worse I only have on PB in mind and that's just the easy one.

I know it's so tough! That why I said with a group this large I was allowing people to have two characters. I know what it's like choosing from all that

AliceInLace

Quote from: Prince Truhan on September 21, 2014, 06:36:12 PM
I'm interested but I'm also torn as to who to pick

In the same boat and I have been planning this for a month before I even put the interest thread up xD

AliceInLace

If I get a few more solid interests I'll go ahead and open the OOC and Profile thread so people can work on their characters

IsabellaRose

This sounds interesting. I'd love to play Belle or Jasmine, if either of them have not yet been taken.

AliceInLace

Quote from: tracyfreegirl on September 21, 2014, 10:11:40 PM
This sounds interesting. I'd love to play Belle or Jasmine, if either of them have not yet been taken.

Sweet! No one is officially taken although I was going to do belle and Alice but I might change to megara and Alice

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

AliceInLace

I will put up the OOC and Profile Setup today so people can start putting up their characters :)

AliceInLace

Chulanowa

Oooo. I find myself interested in Merida. Or perhaps going way out there and taking up Fflewddur Fflam ffrom... er, from the Lost Movie  ;D