News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Suggestion: pronouns entry in profile

Started by Sara Nilsson, August 06, 2021, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

So, was thinking, with the upcoming changes. Perhaps instead of say ICQ or one of those lines have one for pronouns? People can leave it blank if they want, but I thought it might be good for those that don't use want to use the lord or lady tag, or even then want something else. I know I am always scared to get it wrong and I know we have a listing for that, but I don't know if everyone knows it exist.

Anyway, just a thought I had. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now :)

Sara

Blythe

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 06, 2021, 01:46:13 AM
So, was thinking, with the upcoming changes. Perhaps instead of say ICQ or one of those lines have one for pronouns? People can leave it blank if they want, but I thought it might be good for those that don't use want to use the lord or lady tag, or even then want something else. I know I am always scared to get it wrong and I know we have a listing for that, but I don't know if everyone knows it exist.

Anyway, just a thought I had. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now :)

Sara

I'd really like this. I know we have a gender icon, but that's not actually the best indicator for a person's preferred pronouns. Just adding my voice in saying that I'd love it if profiles had a pronoun section. <3

Sara Nilsson

I cant even see what the gender icon is, its too small for my old eyes. So i even forgot it was there.

Tolvo

I think I mentioned desiring this long ago(I highly doubt I was the first to suggest it), I know I did for Discord(Which thank you mods for adding pronouns to names by request ^_^). This would be a great addition to the new system I think and very helpful. Which it wouldn't surprise me if it's already planned.

RedPhoenix

I would love to see this. Probably the most helpful information that you can put there!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 06, 2021, 02:18:39 AM
I cant even see what the gender icon is, its too small for my old eyes. So i even forgot it was there.

I *believe*  Veks said the icon was going away, anyway. Could be misremembering.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Totoro

I'd love this too. Mine have already ended up as my personal text but it would be nice to have that free again.

Esoterica

I agree this would be a good thing to implement. I think a lot of people would appreciate it. And is ICQ even a thing anymore lol?
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Oniya

Quote from: Esoterica on August 13, 2021, 12:17:59 PM
And is ICQ even a thing anymore lol?

Even if it is (I don't think so), I know for a fact that most of the other messengers are dead.  If we're just wondering what to put where, I'd suggest putting Discord info where the old messenger icons were, and a pronoun field where the little gender icon is.  (Definitely a text field to allow for less common n/b pronouns.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

There's Unicode support for that, too!  ♂ (Unicode 2642)    ♀ (Unicode 2640)  So they could also be put into a standard text field.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oniya

I usually use the Windows character map applet, because it's easier for me to scan a bunch of symbols than remember an arbitrary number, but Microsoft's support pages says

QuoteTo insert a Unicode character, type the character code, press ALT, and then press X. For example, to type a dollar symbol ($), type 0024, press ALT, and then press X. For more Unicode character codes, see Unicode character code charts by script.
source

I know it has to be done from the number pad, not the 'top of the keyboard' numbers.

Geraint

Quote from: Oniya on August 13, 2021, 03:53:03 PM
I usually use the Windows character map applet, because it's easier for me to scan a bunch of symbols than remember an arbitrary number, but Microsoft's support pages says
source

I know it has to be done from the number pad, not the 'top of the keyboard' numbers.

Apparently it has to be done in a document off site first ♂ and then pasted in here

My old eyes can barely see the first ones;  But these ones are more visible ♂️ ♀️ 

And it takes two shots to get either pair into the profile.  The first one gives an error message; the second try works.

Thanks for your help