News:

Main Menu

Chatroom?

Started by Hunter, May 01, 2005, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

For the blindingly oblivious (like myself), where is the chat room located?

Lilac

You can access them by clicking on the main roleplaying forums - General Roleplaying, Light Sexual and Heavy Sexual - they're at the top of the screen ^_^

Hunter

Ah.  I found it.  ^_^

BlackWombat

Is it always up? I'm getting a red-exed trying it. Is it a Java applet? I've noticed I have some Java problrems...
I think we're going somewhere, we're onto something good here.

Lilac

Quote from: BlackWombat on May 04, 2005, 02:32:51 AM
   Is it always up? I'm getting a red-exed trying it. Is it a Java applet? I've noticed I have some Java problrems...

Yes, it's a Java applet.  If you are using Internet Explorer, be sure Java is allowed on at least high safety in your Tools -> Internet Options -> Security.  Java must also be enabled in Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced (Should be a Sun section...)

In Firefox, it's Tools -> Web Features -> Enable Java

In Mozilla, it's Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Enable Java

Opera, Safari, and others, I have not used (except Lynx).

v4s

Any chance of having some rooms setup where folks could go in and do some one-on-one RPing in real-time?

Show up, pick an empty room and RP. Place a gentlemen/ladies' agreement limiting time in a room to say one or two hours allowing folks to rotate through the rooms.

Thanks
Jim
Jim
Heterosexual Male
Looking for RP partners

Hunter

I wondered if I was the only one having problems getting the chat function to work.  I've twiddled with my browser and java settings but no joy.  Oh well.   :'(

Lilac

Quote from: virtual4sight on May 04, 2005, 07:09:58 AM
Any chance of having some rooms setup where folks could go in and do some one-on-one RPing in real-time?

Show up, pick an empty room and RP. Place a gentlemen/ladies' agreement limiting time in a room to say one or two hours allowing folks to rotate through the rooms.

I believe I can set maximum user limits and things.  However the chat rooms haven't been used much so far ;_;

bloodrose

I keep going in, but I'm the only one there :(
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Akioth

I would join you But y Java won't help me  :(
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Hunter

Quote from: whiterose on May 04, 2005, 04:54:29 PM

I ... um ... can't get it.  (Boy does that sound so wrong)   :-X

Hunter

Check your firewalls if you can't get in.  Mine is keeping me out.

JustyW

I was in the chatroom last night, but no one was on either :(  IF ya catch me online, I'll be happy to join people in the chatroom.

justy

Hunter

It'll happen.  When we get a few more frequent chatters.  Do we get frequent chatting minutes here?   ;)

Lilac

Quote from: whiterose on May 04, 2005, 04:54:29 PM

You should at least see my name.

Please use only the light room for now unless you are playing out a heavy scene ^_^

Rett Butler

Does anyone use chat anymore? It's so dead.... What a shame. I thought it would have been more widely used.

Moridin

I've been in there a few times, but it seems like no one is ever there.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Lyria

Maybe we could arrange a chat party, so people know that someone will be there. I know it'll be a bit of a challenge what with the different time zones, but maybe Sunday from noon-five CST? Or whenever...if we can just plan ahead then we can all meet up and maybe jump start the chatting.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Moridin

Sounds good to me.  If I know someone will be in there, I'll be happy to show up.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Lyria

What day and time would work well do you think? I could start a thread (if that's permissable) and then everyone can have some prior notice.

Moridin

Any day is as good as another for me (Except midnight this wednsday...Star Wars calls :P ).

Lyria

Maybe I should start a thread asking people what days/times work best...then once we have a general consensus, can set the date.

Moridin

Sounds like a good idea to me.