I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardeep

Years ago I was writing a historical story and needed an Indian name. I found Amardeep, but decided that it sounded better when I dropped the first 'A'. I decided to use it here because I wanted a name that I could remember but couldn't be easily connected to any of my accounts on other websites.

CaptainErotica

When first came to E, I used the name RobGuy. I'd been using it on all my internet accounts, but after awhile I changed it to CaptRob and it didn't take me long to realize I didn't like it. I was Googling erotic male super hero costumes for some reason or another and stumbled upon my current avatar. I knew at once that I had found my E persona.b.

It was a perfect fit for me. The character really spoke to me. I even wrote a story about how he became a hero and got his powers. I've been Captain Erotica ever since and I'm loving every minute of it.

SmuttyReader

I chose SmuttyReader because it is the exact opposite of me. No one in my world would ever guess that I would be SmuttyReader and I like that. I like being unknown.

Miscellany

I picked the name Miscellany because of the definition.  It is a mixture of things , a melange of different items  --  Which is a lot like the kind of writer I am.  I like a variety of genres,  enjoy a hash of various kinks,  and I play many different roles.

You see there's no real ending , this is only the beginning. Come Out And Play.

whimsy

whimsy [hwim-zee, wim-]
2. an odd or fanciful notion.

yep.
o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Ser

Why did I pick Ser, you ask?
Well, I'm no knight in shining armor.

It's been my online writing name for the past few years, and one I hold dear. I originally picked it not for the wordplay with "sir", although that did kind of sell me on it, but for it's meaning in Spanish of "to be", specifically denoting permanent attributes. Writing is a huge part of my life, and I love creating. I want everything in my head "to be permanent", so it was really fitting. I found it to express exactly what I wanted, despite not being of Spanish descent myself. Now, however, I simply associate it with my writing; the name, well, it's just me, my name of anonymity. I guess it was meant to be, haha. Oh puns.

Soveliss

I love elves. So I took a random elven name as my username.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

dhalim

In high school, the class all chose a name of a star to replace their own name so the teacher could post grade results without violating student privacy. I chose 'Cursa' but the star also goes by 'dhalim'. I felt the former was more childish so I use it for the less mature sites, and the latter for the more adult-themed sites.

Belle33

I love reading these.  So interesting!

My username is a simple variation on my first name and my avatar's last name - and it's a play on an allegory I enjoy:  Beauty and the Beast.  Persephone and Hades.  AND - it's easy to type.  All things considered, it suits me perfectly.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

FourStellar

FourStellar is a close transliteration of the German word, Vorsteller.

One possible meaning is he who imagines.

It really has nothing to do with stars or ratings; it was just a fun way to spell it.

Faustus

I chose Faustus because of Doctor Faustus. I mean. I'm pretty sure everyone could guess that, but. . . ;) Many years ago I read Marlowe's version of the story and I fell in love with the tale, but felt a strange draw to the titular character of Faust. I was enamored. Slowly, my online persona simply evolved into this singular thing. You can now find me all over with different variations of the Faust name, and planning for a Faust-themed tattoo. *giggle*

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Rummy Tum Tum

I chose this name because secretly, I hate rum!
I kid, it's pretty straightforward, really. Rum is great. I also like the name Remy. So I slapped those two together and Bob's your uncle.

Irisa

I chose Irisa, because Risa was too short to be accepted, and Risa is a shortened version of Irisa anyway.

I have been writing some characters that are all different versions of the same character for years.  She changes, but she's always the same at heart.  She's just different versions of herself based on different circumstances that changed how she ended up.  She is sort of semi-autobiographical.  At the very least, she is a vehicle for my thought experiments.

Her name is a fancified version of Iris.  They are not my favorite flowers, but they are what she was named after. 

Jacopo

This name was an impulsive choice. The friend who introduced me to this site told me their name here was 'Zatara' from The Count of Monte Cristo (2002), and I decided to follow suit with the name of my favorite character and scene from the movie.

"I swear on my dead relatives, and even the ones that are not feeling too good, I am your man forever."

cinza

My go to username use to always be "Ashiya" and I was nicknamed "Ash" by my close friends.
Close friends unfortunately became..not so close so I needed a fresh start.
'Cinza' is the Portuguese word for ash. So here I am. Still Ash, but not.

Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever.

DealWithTheDevil

I chose mine because among my friends, my nickname is Devil. There was always a nice ring to it, and its so funny when a group of 10ish of us go out, they put the dinner reservations under "Devil" before I get there. I've gotten some looks, especially because of where we live.

Jeric

I was trying to come up with a name for a D&D character for a while and my buddy said "fuck it, his name is Jerico." to which I replied, "no, Jeric"

Illandaria

I really love reading all of these, because I always want to know where people come up with this stuff. :)

Illandaria was the name I used online for a long time. She was an elven bard, and probably a bit of a Mary Sue when I first created her. I moved away from that, and tended to go with variations of my actual name. When I signed up here, I thought that might not be the best idea, so I figured everything was new again and went back to Illandaria.

RampantDesires

I spent way too long trying to come up with a user name here :-(  My go to online name is too ... cute and was given to me by my brothers when I was four.  I was signing up to let my need to write and explore various kink elements run a bit wild and as such RampantDesires was born.

Have almost changed it like five times in the past, but it has kind of grown on me and I think it is here to stay ;)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Eliana

Because it rolled off the tongue nicely.  :-)

♥   Prettyful Things      
                Illustrated Elegance               
                ♥   Eliana's Cornucopia (nsfw)

Trigon

My username is based off of a town name in Spain.

That One Dingus

I use humor as a means to deal with the awkwardness that sometimes comes with certain topics (sex, controversy, etc.).

Also, I can totally see someone telling their friends, "So there was this one guy I met on the Internet today and you would not believe what he said/did..."
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Darius

Because Darius was the Roman who was chosen to do the dirty things the empire needed.. and when they hated him after he bore the price. They killed him in a horrible way because he rebelled after following his orders.
When the avalanche has started, the pebbles no longer get to vote.
Ons and Offs
absence to make hearts grow fonder
Story ideas
Darius & His Ramblings
No one is an unjust villain in their own mind… we are all the hero of our own story.” A Lucio

Ursarion

I actually came up with this name for my Husband's character on Pokemon GO, haha.

Ursa is a character we both like in a game called Dota 2, and rather than just use the word "Ursa" I made up a name that can be used for characters.
Thus, Ursarion!

SmokingCamels

I chose mine because I hate thinking of names and chain smoked two before deciding.