Beware the Gifts of The Traveler. (5e Roguelike, Closed to Interest)

Started by ZameRagues, March 11, 2018, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomJoe

Name: Jessica Wilder
Age/Height/Weight: 19/5'3"/???
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)
Desired Gear for 4th level: A rapier, an explorer’s pack, leather armor, two daggers, and thieves’ tools

Book Details: Jessica Wilder wasn't exactly the brightest gal, or the richest one, but she had a feeling that she would be destined for greatness. She had a wandering spirit and an optimistic personality, along with some decently quick wit. However, she often felt like she was held back by her parents, who simply wanted her to find a rich man with money and marry into his wealth. They nearly succeeded with their plan too, if Jessica hadn't ran away shortly after turning 16.

Her new life on the road has a rocky start, but she managed to scrape by with enough money thanks to a few odd jobs here and there. As luck would have it, however, she would be on one of those odd jobs at an old dock when a notorious thief tried to stowaway on a ship. Jessica managed to spot the man heading inside and subdue him, and managed to claim a sizable bounty on him. From that point on, she began working as a bounty hunter, using her charm and quick wit to track down criminals and claim rewards for capture, even picking up on their lingo and a few of their tactics.

One day, after a particularly difficult bounty, she went to go collect her reward, grumbling about how she needed some time off for herself. She managed to meet the person who posted the bounty, a figure masked by a heavy cloak, who only offered an ornate book as payment. As Jessica began to chew the man out for being so cheap, he simply laughs before taking his leave, disappearing quickly. She's angered by this development, but she does take the book home for reading... and become quickly enraptured by it, being caught up in its spell...

Favored Kink: At one point during her travels, Jessica was attacked by a giant squid after she fell overboard on a ship. While she did manage to escape the clutches of the beast with her life, she didn't escape unmolested. The encounter plagues her dreams, and she can no longer go on long sea voyages without thinking about the incident... and fantasizing about it. If she happened to come across a beast with similar appendages, who knows what she would do... (Tentacles)
Player offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Watersports, Heavy Bondage
Sheet Link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1521521

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ZameRagues on March 12, 2018, 12:19:04 AM

Deva
I actually have not seen that, but I will be looking into it for fun and possibly ideas.

I'd love to see the someone play a real Muscle Wizard. It's always been a joke where the Barbarian casts Fist or something. You are more than welcome to go for it.

The book is by a beloved bizzarofiction author of mine, though more in the middle-tier of his works, more of a parody than an erotica, still, due to sheer similiarities of ideas might be worth a gander.

The stats certainly offer themselfs up for it. I'll deliberate if I want to be human fighter variant for the feat and a hint of magic, or go all in barbarian half-orc-'wizard', perhaps depends on what picture I can find that catches my fancy. "I CAST INFLICT WOUNDS!!"

I'll edit-update my first post by your leave the latest on the morrow, work is being very worky today.

ZameRagues

DomJoe
Not sure why, but I can't see the image. The sheet looks good though.

Vin26m
Take your time. Life comes first.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

Would you okay with char who was male before he was send inside fantasy world in a book and turned into a girl in process as he sort fantasized about it as curiosity? Also I assume futas not okay. Anyways thinking on a 5th level char, most likely a caster somekind.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

DomJoe

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ZameRagues

Quote from: DomJoe on March 12, 2018, 08:50:45 AM
Can you see this image, Zame?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I believe I found it though. not sure why I can't see it. Won't show me when I try to link it either. I re-uploaded it to my Imgur account, seems to work for me now.
Let me know if this isn't the right one.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

DomJoe

That is indeed the image in the spoiler. I'll use that link, then.

ZameRagues

That is very strange cause I use Danbooru fairly often for sharing. It's all yours then. I could see the image in your PM btw.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my rolls (taking extra challenge, had to roll sets 3 times to get three 15 or above stats).

STR: 14
DEX: 12
CON: 17
INT: 16
WIS: 15
CHA: 13

Now as extra/daring challenge; randomly roll my race. I use this roll table (2d4 sub table) and ignore/re-roll results from Gnomes, Dwarves, Halfings and similar 'short stack' races.

Human+STANDARD

So, +1 to all stats and wound up with STR 15, DEX 13, CON 18, INT 17, WIS 16 and CHA 14

Now here bit gallery of female human pics and I let pic then help decide class I roll with (Zame decides);

Pics

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

So, paladin/fighter, rogue or barbarian. So from those three I would pick fighter; 5th level but a sort 'rune knight' sort of feel. So Eldritch Knight path.

Pipaluk

Name: Lael

Age/Height/Weight: 27 / 5'10" / 135

Class: 5th Level Barbarian

Desired Gear for 5th Level: Clothes

Book Details: A half-elf abandoned in Waterdeep, she survived on what she could take. Lael was a street urchin all her life. When she was younger she relied on her dexterity; stealing what she could and sneaking away. But as she got older & stronger. She preferred just to take what she wanted and ensure that nobody messed with her. And most people didn't. She became something of an urban barbarian; the natural course for the uncivilized wild-child she was. Eventually, she joined a small mercenary band and learned to fight in the wild.

Lael never outgrow her childish name. It was the name those familiar with her knew her by and it was the name by which the mercenaries called her. Lael didn't ever learn to read or write. So when she noticed she was able to read the cover of a book a mysterious rogue-like man was perusing in the corner of a tavern, she was surprised. She wanted that book. It was a book she could read! Somehow, by magical or other means, the words seemed to form for her. The book seemed to call to her.

Lael was very beautiful and extremely charming in an endearing sort of way. She had learned to use her charm and beauty as a means to get her way. Becoming quite skilled at reading others, she was usually pretty good at figuring out how best to get what she wanted from them. In this case, she needed the man distracted enough that he first he would put his book down, but afterwards he wouldn't be thinking about the book until she was long gone from the tavern.

Lael approached the man, flashed her bright eyes and smile, flirted a while, and handed him a key she had nicked off of one of the other patrons on the way to the man. She invited him to join her later that night just before she subtly swiped his book and turned to leave, ensuring she swayed her hips to keep his attention.

Lael was successful. She left the tavern quite pleased; as she always was when one of her plans works perfectly. (What Lael likely didn't realize was that the man intended for her to get the book in the first place). Lael went to another tavern and began to read the tantalizing tale. And it worked her into a hot little mess as she imagined she was the protagonist and eventually drifted off to sleep...

Favored Kink: Lighter, less intense fantasies she has: Being forced in some way to follow the instructions of others, including wearing hidden/secret bondage in a public setting that would humiliate her if others found out, also slight themes of exhibitionism (more along the lings of secret/hidden bondage--risk of everyone seeing, but not actually seeing).

More intense: Being quite strong, Lael occasionally fantasizes about being entirely overwhelmed and used sexually. Something she doesn't believe most are capable of, so sometimes it takes on a gang-style fantasy.

Player Offs: Scat, mutilation, etc.

Sheet Link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1521730

Roll (took like 12 tries): ROLL: 6#4d6k3 16 13 15 5 12 16

ZincStandard

Just to confirm, since Pipaluk mentions Waterdeep, are we using the Realms as the "real" world outside the book?  I tried to keep Soona's background fairly setting-agnostic, but I'm personally not a Realms fan, though I guess it doesn't matter so much for this adventure.

ZameRagues

It doesn't matter. Her being from an Eberron setting and Soona possibly not won't make a difference.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Pipaluk

It can be anywhere really. I only mentioned Waterdeep because it's the "big-name" city I know from DND. But I could really be any big city in any setting; or just change the name to something made up. I just went with Waterdeep because he mentioned fantasy world within fantasy world; and that's the only real iconic place I know about.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Pipaluk

Right. Sorry, still gotta add all the levels. That's pre-leveling. Will get it updated.

Just need to know: Roll for HP, Average, or choice?

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ZameRagues

I am closing the thread to new interest to give those that have already expressed interest a chance to create a character. Currently at 10 people who have shown interest in playing.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Roleplay Frog

Yo lemme holler at you real quick, updated Ma first post with character, not 100% on picture, so hard to find the right materialz!

ZameRagues

I love finding the right picture then making the character. As we speak

Your sheet looks good.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os