[very weird concept]A bottle of bitter misery

Started by Celestial Goblin, May 20, 2007, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

This idea is bugging me for some time now. It's a weird experiment in roleplaying gaming.
Not a sexual game in a classic sense, but certainly one involving sadism and masochism and certainly requiring a mature player. That is mentally mature, not just an adult. Preferably someone who knows how RPG and reality are not the same.
We're talking sadistic sadism here, not the typical kinky one.

So here is the deal. You create a character. Preferably a sexually attractive one. The setting is contemporary, real world. It doesn't have to be 2007, but a perhaps a few years ago. I am the GM and I narrate the world around you. Normal, not magical, mundane day-to day reality.

The catch: I make your character's life a string of bad luck, tragedy, misery and all kinds of bad happenings.
Get fired. Trip on a banana peel. Make a fool of yourself. Get arrested and imprisoned. Suffer injustice. Have your ambitions dashed. Have annoying people humilitate you and get away with it. Every thing you try ends up bad. If you don't try anything, it's bad anyway.

See? Sadism. And dark humor too perhaps.
Let me know if you are interested. And if you think you're up to being the GM instead, I might agree to play the poor character instead.

kongming

Sadism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadism_and_masochism_as_medical_terms
The word you're after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Why did I post that? Mostly because it's an awesome word that I like introducing people to.

Very odd idea, I'll agree, though not one I'm currently up for.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Elvi

Oh so...I'm not good enough to put through pergotary?
I see......stealing peoples chocolate isn't good enough for you?   *sniffs*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Celestial Goblin

Oh yes, the Schadenfreude is an even better word to use here:)

I'm not really sure I'll find a roleplayer decadent enough to try this anyway:)

HybridHalf

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Elvi on May 21, 2007, 07:05:54 AM
Oh so...I'm not good enough to put through pergotary?
I see......stealing peoples chocolate isn't good enough for you?   *sniffs*

Elvi, gotcha! It's Siouxse and her chocolate torment that made me go back to this idea and consider actually playing it.

I assumed that turning the nice 'Seven Deadly Sins' into a pure purgatory would be impolite and ruin your fun...

But Elvi, if there's anyone I'd like to waltz trough the burning dancefloor of purgatory, it's probably you:)

Elvi

Quote from: HybridHalf on May 21, 2007, 07:10:46 AM
Purgatory.

Oh do please excuse me Hybrid for not spelling something in the correct manner.
I sincerely apologise and will refrain from picking up every mistake that you make from now on......

HybridHalf

It's just a bloody courtesy correction. Never implied you were dumb or anything like that.

Elvi

No showing courtesy to someone is either ignoring it completely or pointing out a mistake politely.
What you did was rude.

HybridHalf

I apologize then. Which board do I set up the pillory then?

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: HybridHalf on May 21, 2007, 07:50:11 AM
I apologize then. Which board do I set up the pillory then?
Oh yes, yes yes!
*grabs HybridHalf happily*

HybridHalf

Bliss

Schadenfruede - me being amused at all of the above... XD
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Celestial Goblin

*offers Bliss a rotten tomatoe and points at HybridHalf in pillory*

kongming

Bliss: Yeah, I assumed that Purgatory had simply started for Elvi, a nightmarish world where... people correct everything you say online. (Wait, that already happens)

HybridHalf: Oh dear, all locked away in the pillory. Can someone hand me a riding crop and/or ginger root?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Bliss

Handing rotten fruit to the very girl you put in the pillory last week?

*hefts the tomato*

CG... That's not very wise.....

*evil grin*
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

LonelyTroll

Quote from: kongming on May 21, 2007, 08:40:27 AMHybridHalf: Oh dear, all locked away in the pillory. Can someone hand me a riding crop and/or ginger root?

Okay...  I get the riding crop, but what's the ginger root fer?
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

Elvi

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

LonelyTroll

Quote from: Elvi on May 21, 2007, 08:55:15 AM
*coughs*

Ginger root is hot Troll.......

Hmmm...  and vaguely phallus-shaped if IIRC...  Very interesting...   ;D
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

Celestial Goblin

TheAlchemist

Jalapeno peppers are Hotter and shaped better!

Elvi

kongming

Thanks for the links, Elvi *grins*

And seeing as HH didn't mean any offense, please be forgiving - I like to see everyone being friendly and on good terms, and fear even the slightest OOC conflict. I'll still hand out a punishment though!

And Jalapeno starts at 2,500 Scovilles, but Habanero is... OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!
(Jalapeno: 2,500-10,000 ish. Habanero: 200,000-300,000)

Then again, the Naga Jolokia apparently is more than a million Scovilles on average. That MUST be hot. I wouldn't want to put that even near my mouth, let alone anywhere else.

Though an interesting fact is that the Aztecs apparently DID use habanero as a figging-type punishment, and not just on the back door too!

Ons/Offs:

LonelyTroll

Oooo...  that sounds painful...  I don't think I'll be able to unclench my butt for a week...  lol
Ons/Offs