Doctor Who 50th Anniversary (Need 11+ players for Doctors+companions) (No sex)

Started by YaoiRolePlay, November 01, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaoiRolePlay

I've been keen on Egyptian mythology myself lately when it comes to Doctor Who. Possibly because of the line: "An Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express." And because I loved mythology as a kid particularly Egyptian mythology. It's something that's translated into young adulthood as well, I love learning about religions and supernatural beliefs.

pendarious

im on the fence about Moffat's writing. It's really good but the continually piling up inconsistancies are driving me mad.

MY Doctor would McCoy aka 7 I got into Doctor Who because of reruns with him.

favorite classic story would be The Five Doctors. Favorite nu has ta be a toss up between Stolen Earth/Journeys End and Vincent and The Doctor.

I wouldn't mind having a companion plus I also get K-9

they actually had the god Set appear during the 4th's run in  The Pyramid on Mars.

though i'd be up for tangling with egyptian mythology
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

YaoiRolePlay

My Doctor is sometimes Six and sometimes Eight and sometimes even Ten. I'm always undecided on which. Because Six is my favorite Doctor by far. He's the most entertaining Doctor. The one who's full of himself and thinks he's right all the time (and he usually is). The Doctor who could walk into a room and be in total command of everything going on and have everyone's attention.

Eight is the one who drew me into Doctor Who all over again with the audio series. While I love Nine and I'll always remember my first impression of the Doctor grabbing Rose's hand and saying "Run," Eight really draws me into the audios like no other Doctor. And he's a joy to listen to.

While Nine is the Doctor that pulled me into the show (I was hooked from the End of the World! xD ), Ten was the Doctor that really solidified me as a Doctor Who fan and made me excited to watch the show. And I've never looked back since. I've seen and heard so much Doctor Who that I had no idea what I was getting into when I first started.

Stormraven

Nine is my doctor, he's the first I really watched. Like Ksangre it was the episode Dalek that finally got me hooked - just great to see the Doctor spitting in anger at his old adversary.

Favourite classic is the Five Doctors, although it haven't seen that many. Favourite Nu is either The Girl in the Fireplace or The Doctors Wife but there's so many good ones to choose from. I really need to check out the audio books now!

YaoiRolePlay

I get the feeling everyone's going to start checking out the audios now... ;)

And this can only mean good things.

Theta Sigma

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Clala

I bought the 50th anniversary edition of Doctor Who magazine, just to keep as a souvenir, and what do I find it's giving away for free? Big Finish audios! Nine of them, which is awesome. ;)
One of them is Part 1 of Dark Eyes with Paul McGann, which I've heard good things about.
Downloaded them and will listen soon. :D

Egyptian mythology gives me the image of Pyramids of Mars and Sutekh (The only Tom Baker story I've seen actually). I'd still be down for something like that though. A powerful God-like creature which requires the Doctors to team up. Perhaps something like the Beast from The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit.

Then there's always the possibility for a new incarnation of the Master.

Theta Sigma

What are the other free BFAs on offer? I fully intend to get the magazine, I always get the thing, but I'm at the 50th con this weekend and money is tight, so I'm going to have to wait until I get paid. D:

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Clala

There is...
Cuddlesome Peter Davison
Mission of the Viyrans Davison + Nicola Bryant (Peri)
Urgent Calls Colin Baker
The Veiled Leopard Nicola Bryant + Sophie Aldred (Ace)
Sirens of Time, Part 1 Peter Davison, Colin Baker + Sylvester McCoy
Destination: Nerva, Part 1 Tom Baker + Louise Jameson (Leela)
Dark Eyes, Part 1 Paul McGann
1963: The Assassination Games Part 1 McCoy + Sophie Aldred
Short Trips - Rise and Fall Read by William Russell, who played Ian Chesterton

RainbowEyes

Ugh this sounds like it could be amazing and I'd love to participate, but I feel like I don't know enough about the old series' to give a good performance. I've watched bits and pieces of the old series and would love to play one if not more companions, but unfortunately i don't know enough about any of their characters. Which sucks because I'd like to see where this rp goes.

YaoiRolePlay

You could play a companion of one of the Doctors we have if you like. Or some other character.

Theta Sigma

Quote from: ksangre on November 18, 2013, 06:32:57 PM
There is...
Cuddlesome Peter Davison
Mission of the Viyrans Davison + Nicola Bryant (Peri)
Urgent Calls Colin Baker
The Veiled Leopard Nicola Bryant + Sophie Aldred (Ace)
Sirens of Time, Part 1 Peter Davison, Colin Baker + Sylvester McCoy
Destination: Nerva, Part 1 Tom Baker + Louise Jameson (Leela)
Dark Eyes, Part 1 Paul McGann
1963: The Assassination Games Part 1 McCoy + Sophie Aldred
Short Trips - Rise and Fall Read by William Russell, who played Ian Chesterton

Brilliant, thanks. Glad I only have two of those. ;o

Anyway, should give a bit of warning, if you're planning to start this weekend I'll have limited internet access as I'm at the big 50th con on Friday, so I'm in London from tomorrow until Saturday night. I'll check in when I can, as I'll have my phone and WiFi in the hotel, though.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Clala

I don't know what it's like for the rest of the world, but in the UK Google currently has a Doctor Who doodle/game ^.^

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Stormraven

Fantastic! So glad to see it met its expectations. I think I'll sleep, and then watch it again.

pendarious

so when are we starting up our TARDIS's to get this game flying through infinity?

YaoiRolePlay

Well I would like to get started, but we should probably agree on what we want to do.

pendarious

true.

lets see.....so we've all commented on liking the whole Egyptian mythology idea so.....I think I have an Idea actually. though it depends on whether or not we are going with  prior to "Day of the Doctor" or after it.  Technically nothing really changes except for how a few certain aspects will be presented.

YaoiRolePlay

We can take Day of the Doctor into account. Hell, someone could play Hurt's Doctor if they wanted.

What's you're idea than?

pendarious

ok so back in Pyramids of Mars (4th doctor era) that the Egyptian gods were basically an alien race called the Osirins (or something to that effect) Supposing that One of the Osirin weapons the Scale of Anubis has been discovered by a team of Archeologists during the time of Queen Nefertiti (as shown in Dinosaurs on a Space Ship 11th doctor era) however The Master has left Galifrey and has discovered that the Egyptians have the Scale of Anubis in their possession and is now after Nefertiti in order to force her to give him the Scale.

However to complicate matters a Sontaren and Ruton fleet have arrived in earths space and are preparing to do brutal warfare over and on the earth in their battle for dominion over the nine galaxies.

since the danger all of this poses would probably be far too great for one doctor alone the time lords of Galifrey have decided to send some of the doctors other selves to help him (Plus more as players join if they do)

Stormraven

I like it, except for the bit about the Timelords sending several doctors there. Could it be a bit more accidental than intentional? I wondered about someone calling for help and using a device designed to lock onto the doctors Tardis to bring him to help. Sadly the device is more effective than first thought and pulls the Tardis in several times over?

I can just imagine a scene where several Tardis' are lined up and all the doctors stepping out at once and trying to figure out what is going on. Should be fun.

pendarious

I like your idea. the bit with the time lords sending the other doctors was only tennative at best. i'm perfectly willing to modify it so that its more enjoyable for everyone

Clala

The plan sounds good so far. I like stormeraven's idea about it being accidental.

Sontaran-Rutan war sounds interesting, not that I know much about the latter.
But Classics!

If we're having the Master... Is it to be a new incarnation? Or the John Simm one?