Whitelists in Firefox v3.5.3

Started by Haibane, October 19, 2009, 09:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I went to a site today that I've not visited for some time - at least since before the last time Firefox was updated and it seems Firefox has added an extra security layer. When I visit sankakucomplex.com I now get this in a red non-clickable banner at the bottom of the screen:

"Sankaku Complex's JavaScript is blocked. Parts of the site will not function. You may need to whitelist *sankakucomplex.com"

My question is - how? There doesn't seem to be any tools or options in Firefox's toolbar to create a whitelist and googling for it only throws up third party plugins some of which hint that payment is required. The sankakucomplex site has a toggleable adult content button and I think its this Firefox is blocking.

Its annoying because I've already set that site up for Firefox to allow popups and it was working before Firefox was updated... grrr...

Can anyone give me any advice on how I go about fixing this? Thanks.

Oniya

Try this:  Go to Tools, then Options, then Security, and hit Exceptions in the top section.  That looks like the right place to put the website name in.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Haibane

Great idea! I did try it but it hasn't made any difference. Unless I need to restart the browser...

EDIT: No, rebooting had no effect. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Vekseid

Haibane

No, I haven't any plugins/addons installed except AdBlock Plus. After this began to happen I installed YesScript but it made no difference. I can see its the JavaScript at Sankaku that's causing the issue, I just can't fathom a way to accept the script...

Should I install NoScript then specifically accept scripts from Sankaku to see if that affects it?

Could someone else go check that site please? I'm wondering if its a site fault and not a Firefox response issue.

Haibane

Just to close this note down. I went back to Sankaku after a break of a couple of days and everything is now fine. Very odd. Perhaps it was the site itself that had a javascript problem? Either way the issue has resolved itself. Thanks to those who responded.