News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Breaking the Ice

Started by Caustic, December 12, 2006, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caustic

Hello Elliquians...

I have a few ideas to toss out there, hopefully to spark something up; I hope I'm not the only one who finds the prospect of 'breaking the ice' on one of these threads a little difficult. 

For one thing, there's a lot of games going on that look interesting, but primarily they're stalling, or so random and have been running so long that there's hundreds of posts to catch up on.

So, I'm taking the risk of being rejected-- which is ok, I won't tear up.   ::)

Are there any players out there who are looking for a partner, or small group?  Particularly, I'm looking for a fantasy-setting or gothic-punk game, one-on-one or small group, to join in with.  I'm lookinf for story-- improvised freeform, or light-system-- with adventure, mystery, horror, or sexuality as themes. 

Maybe you've got a one-on-one that's idling, and bringing in a fresh perspective could revitalize the scenario, or maybe you're like me and looking for a partner.  Let me know, and maybe we can find some common ground :)

Some ideas, if you'd like to bat them around:

HEIST: The possibilities are pretty open.
SETTING: Ultra-modern US/Europe OR late 19th century US (Post Civil War)
IDEA: A crime-story. Characters would be thieves plotting, executing, and trying to get away with a major heist.  For inspiration, see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Newman and Redford) or Heat (DeNiro and Pacino).  Characters could include gunmen, driver, hostages, faces, etc.  Think it over.
HITCH: To set this one apart, it involves some real advsersity between, and within, characters.  Otherwise, it'd just be an exercise in action-description.

DEMONBREAK:  More of a freeform, high-fantasy adventure.
SETTING: Medieval-fantasy world, rural to urban, but with Planar travel. 
IDEA: Mortals are at war with inter-planar beings, and their world has been marked for conquest.  Since humans cannot wield magic, or travel the planes, without assistance, a select few are chosen as vessels for possession... imbued with abilities that make them far more than human... by the only source available: demons. 
The characters are chosen for their inner strength, in the hopes that they can bargain with and cajole the demons within them in order to breach the outer realms, where they can hunt down the relics lost even to the plane-travelers and save their world.
The question is... will they want to?
HITCH: Each player would be responsible for 2 sides to his/her character: 1, the human, and 2, the beast within, with its own goals, personality, and desires.

Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Elvi

I like both scenarios.......
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

GoldenChild

NikitaFirestar

Hmmm... *Peeks in and tries to look like she's not following Elvi again... Grins* I could be interested...
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Elvi

*rolls eyes*
Hello Nikita........
*laughs*

So caustic, you are gathering some seasoned roleplayers here......
You going to tell us if you want to start a multiplayer game..or would you prefer one on ones?

GoldenChild

Oh hi Nikita... didn't see you there  8)...

Yeh... I know... I should post ;)

NikitaFirestar

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Caustic

Thank you three for your interest... and I'd love to start a game or two with you guys.  I've noticed a lot of one-on-ones in the different
"freeform" categories, but anything with more than a couple usually gets its own listing. 

I'm all for playing with you all who have posted already, in either game.  But, I guess if anybody else wants to join up, we can do a quick vote as to "yea" "nay" before responding to them.

So let's give it a shot... Demonbreak will, of course, be more twisted and freaky, so will probably end up in NCEF.  Heist, however, might contain some incidental sex, so I'm thinking Light Sexual for that, unless there's a hostage situation... could be moved to Bondage Etc. after that, right?  *grins*

So, I'll start a thread, and if the games gain momentum we can bump it up a notch.  Cool? 
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

GoldenChild

For me, Demonbreak is a yea!
Heist is also a yea... it is just not as strong as Demonbreak ;)

So we should run this as a one-on-one game then?

Elvi

Caustic, it might be worth while reading this before starting the game.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=2267.0

As there are four of us wanting to play, it may be best if we have our own 'board' where we have an OOC thread to discuss the game and a place to put our character details, as well as the game itself.

We would also need a little more background, like setting and where to start etc....

Caustic

Riiight.  Thanks for the help :)
I'm trying to put together a step 1 here for "The Heist".  Have a look... it can still be changed.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8146.0

I must be off for a while, but I will try to sort out more when I get back this evening.
Looking forward to it!

Caustic

The thread is up and running, ladies and gentlemen, for Demonbreak OOC discussion.  Have a looksie, see if you can inject some life into it ;)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=295.0

I'll toss out a few ideas, and I hope you all will too.

Thanks for your interest!  -Caustic

Elvi

You've put it in the wrong place old bean.....*smiles*

You need to ask a Siren to set a board up for you.
There we can have a discussion thread, character thread and the game itself.

It will be an easy job for a Siren to transfer the thread that you have already started into the board that she sets up.

Lirliel

Elvi that is the board!

And if anything I would have dropped it in the wrong place.. which I don't reckon he wanted it there,.. thus there it is.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elvi

Oh please...my head hurts I have a stinking sinus headache......I'm sorry, have I got me all confused?

Hasn't caustic put an OOC game discussion thread in the One on One games board?

Lirliel

Uhm.. nope there isn't an OOC game dicussion in NCEF, think you got your signals crossed. He made an OOC in the board for Demonbreak. And if you have a sinus go to freaking bed!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elvi

Would have been in bed for the last four days if I did that Lirliel......*sighs*

Right......found the confusion....

The Heist: Las Vegas, NV  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8146.0

Has been put here by Caustic .......... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=13.0
Which is the thread I was referring to.....

Demonbreak child board is fine.

Caustic

Hm.

Don't know if y'all are still in, or if anyone else has popped on, but if you're still interested, please let us know--
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=295.0

Elvi

I'm a bit confused as to which you are actually going for as you have raised threads for both of the ideas.....

Caustic

*grin*  No problem.  Thanks for replying.

So far, there's been very, very little interest in Heist, but it's still open for discussion.

Demonbreak, however, generated a little more interest, and there've been a couple character ideas tossed around.  So, what I was shamelessly self-promoting is that Demonbreak is still in the planning stages, but could get rolling any time, if we get enough players :)