News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Advantages of going AWOL

Started by VenusEnvy, November 23, 2012, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenusEnvy

So I can give you the short version or you can read the long version just below...

Setting; fantasy with a far off advanced city

Races involved; Shifters, elves, dark elves, orcs, centaurs, humans, vampires all manner of fantastic creatures.

Short version; A warrior princess reigns over the outlands. Her success has brought her family wealth, women, lands and most of all power. She is vicious in battle, relentless and feared by her army. She can have anything she desires with a swing of her hatchet. One day after a brutal campaign she vanishes. An officer in her army (played by you can be m or f) is ordered by her father and three brothers to locate her and return her to them. The officer does find her and assumes she was kidnapped but finds out she left on her own accord.

Long version;  Mai Lyn  Xiao Yue  is a shifter with the secondary species of a white tiger. Her earliest memories are of violence and death. Her family has gained quite a reputation and is one of the reigning houses that rule the outlands. It's no secret that despite that Mai Lyn has brought great success to her family, her father and brothers still consider her to be a second class citizen. Even though she is a vastly superior warrior to all of them, they deny it by ganging up on her. While in their never ending quest to conquer the remaining outlands Mai Lyn finds a strange friendship with a young officer with exceptional sniping skills. She spends most of her time with the officer, getting drunk by the fire with other subordinates, hazing new recruits and all other matters of goofing off. After a major battle the officer is given the task of finding Mai Lyn. Her father Tao Ka is old but ruthless, he stresses the importance of bringing her back and soon. Implying that if it is not done that all of the outlands will be looking for him/her and Mai Lyn. Unknown to either of them Tao Ka has made a deal with the industrial city of Shiloh, a technological wonder centered in the primitive outlands. If Mai Lyn is killed then Shiloh will leave a part of the outlands safe from Shiloh's ever growing army. The officer finds Mai Lyn in a slummy bar and tries to convince her to return to her father's army. She smiles and declines. After a night of drinking and laughing the officer becomes more irritated at her antics and demands she follow them back. The officer makes an empty threat of shooting her if she refuses and just then Mai Lyn is about to humor herself with the inexperienced officer they're attacked by thugs and are forced to defend themselves. In the confusion they are captured and taken on a ship. They wake up right before the ship sails and manage to sneak out. Mai Lyn tells the officer she'll go back, ignoring her change of heart the officer agrees and they begin their journey.

Notes; I don't mind the sex or race of the officer, although it might be better for them to be a shifter as well so they can keep up with Mai Lyn. The officer is inexperienced but skilled. I do intend for them to have a romantic/sexual relationship but to also have a strange friendship.

Mai Lyn is a rough and kind of crazy person. She looks for self gratification and any kind of challenge.

If you're interested in this idea or wanting to tweak anything about it please let me know.         

Body type
"It's a very dangerous weapon to know what you're doing." -William Murderface from Dethklok

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places.  If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale.  Understanding others - the other elements, and the other nations - will help you become whole." - Uncle Iroh

My Introduction -  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157127.msg7203032#msg7203032

My Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157596.msg7228923#msg7228923