Gunstar Autochthonia (Exalted AU)

Started by Rook Seidhr, November 04, 2012, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krule

I'd like to mention, with Zaer's withdraw, we have an empty night caste spot... that could be.. Deliberative Sanctioned Assassin, Infiltrator and Spy for the Void Hunt, a Hunter though the Far Reaches, a Scout for the Gunstar Defense Line, a Master Detective (see Sherlock Holmes - just need a few investigation and awareness charms) to name a few ideas.

avorae

Quote from: Krule on November 17, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
I'd like to mention, with Zaer's withdraw, we have an empty night caste spot... that could be.. Deliberative Sanctioned Assassin, Infiltrator and Spy for the Void Hunt, a Hunter though the Far Reaches, a Scout for the Gunstar Defense Line, a Master Detective (see Sherlock Holmes - just need a few investigation and awareness charms) to name a few ideas.

Actually after talking to Riveda we decided that i should fill that spot as my concept works better for it.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Rook Seidhr

RL has kept me busy, I will scan people's characters tomorrow and give preliminary feedback.

Rook Seidhr

I've chatted with Trystia and Anon315 regarding their characters and possible changes.

Dracorion, it is not possible for Lunars to learn Sidereal Martial Arts. Change your sifu's description. Also, interesting motivation…much fun could come from that.

Dracorion

Ah, I couldn't find a specific reference to that, but alright. I think I'll go with Terrible Ascent Driven Beast Style, then.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Dracorion on November 18, 2012, 03:44:28 AM
Ah, I couldn't find a specific reference to that, but alright. I think I'll go with Terrible Ascent Driven Beast Style, then.
Your sifu can know any number of Terrestrial styles without increasing his/her dot cost.

House rule: If your sifu is a Lunar (or for that matter an Alchemical), since they cannot learn or teach Sidereal styles, increase the number of Celestial styles they know by twice the number of Sidereal styles listed for that dot level.

AndyZ

Possibly a stupid question.

The Artifact background goes from 1-5 and gives 3 dots per.  As written as per my understanding, that means that we can get a total of 15 artifact points.  Would we be allowed to put more dots into it, effectively starting from scratch to get 18, 21 and so on like with the normal Artifact background, or are we stuck with a hard cap at 15?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dracorion

Quote from: Riveda on November 18, 2012, 03:50:20 AM
Your sifu can know any number of Terrestrial styles without increasing his/her dot cost.

House rule: If your sifu is a Lunar (or for that matter an Alchemical), since they cannot learn or teach Sidereal styles, increase the number of Celestial styles they know by twice the number of Sidereal styles listed for that dot level.

Okay then, just one question: is the final charm of Eye of Heaven Style altered in this setting in any way? Offering to Heaven is supposed to provide an automatic successful prayer to the Unconquered Sun (though the description could be interpreted otherwise, I suppose).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 18, 2012, 11:26:18 AM
The Artifact background goes from 1-5 and gives 3 dots per.  As written as per my understanding, that means that we can get a total of 15 artifact points.  Would we be allowed to put more dots into it, effectively starting from scratch to get 18, 21 and so on like with the normal Artifact background, or are we stuck with a hard cap at 15?
Hard cap at 15. Note that you can potentially take advantage of Backgrounds like Backing and Connections to borrow artifacts that aren't actually yours, but that's a matter of roleplaying.

Quote from: Dracorion on November 18, 2012, 12:51:03 PM
Okay then, just one question: is the final charm of Eye of Heaven Style altered in this setting in any way?
I'm not sure Eye of Heaven Style was ever even developed in the Gunstar setting. Are you really set on it? I'd have to figure out how Dragon King religion has changed since the Tyrant Sun's abandonment.

Dracorion

Nah, not too set on it. I think I'll go with Lunar Hero, Art of Relentless Persuasion, Fire Dragon and White Reaper Style for my sifu.

Zaer Darkwail

Dragon kings religion is very interesting question indeed, not to mention there should be quite few of them in Gunstar in general. As even with canon succesful primordial war they were almost wiped out of exchistence....so would had failed mission resulted only handful groups left in Gunstar who live in their own lifestyle ghettos or such? Or would had Sol Invictus as Holy Tyrant taken back his dragon kings flock and renewed their numbers and turned them as one antagonists used against Gunstar?

Also general curiosity question; Did Merela ever exchist in this setting and if she did, what happened to her?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 18, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
so would had failed mission resulted only handful groups (of Dragon Kings) left in Gunstar who live in their own lifestyle ghettos or such?
Exactly.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 18, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Also general curiosity question; Did Merela ever exchist in this setting and if she did, what happened to her?
Book doesn't say. I tend to think the Tyrant Sun killed her.

AndyZ

Name: Steel Orchid
Caste: Dawn
Anima: Golden circle of spinning blades
Motivation: Free the Unconquered Sun

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 3
Perception 4 Intelligence 3 Wits 4

*Archery 1
Athletics 3
Awareness 5 (Initiative +3)
*Dodge 1
*Integrity 1
Lore 2
*Martial Arts 3
Medicine 1
*Melee 5 (Two-Handed Blades +3)
*Occult 2
Performance 1
*Presence 1
*Resistance 5
Sail 2
Socialize 1
*Thrown 1
*War 5

Class 4
Cult 3

Artifact 3
-Orichalcum Royal Warstrider (5)
-Attached Grand Daiklaive (3)
-Nova Battery (1)
   This level 1 orichalcum/lightning essence core powers artifacts as if it was level 3.

Warstrider AI 4

Backing 4: The Deliberative Army

Connections 1: The Scurrying Nation

Connections 1: The Upright Soldier Military Academy

Connections 1: The Void Hunt

Hungry Tiger Technique

Golden Destruction Cut

One Weapon, Two Blows

Peony Blossom Attack

Iron Whirlwind Attack

Invincible Fury of the Dawn

Durability of Oak Meditation

Ox-Body Technique

Soul Fire Resurgence

Surprise Anticipation Method

Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Fists of Iron Attack

Thunderclap Rush Attack

Awareness Triumphant

Panoptic Fusion Discipline

Compassion 2 Conviction 3 Temperance 2 Valor 5

Essence 4 Willpower 10

Limit Break: Heart of Flint

Personal Essence: 22

Peripheral Essence: 50  (Warstrider takes 24 motes to attune)

Exceptional Alchemical Glass Greatsword: Speed 6 - Accuracy +2 - Damage +7L - Defense -2 - Rate 1 - 2, P, R

Exceptional Reinforced Breastplate - +8L/+7B - Mobility -2 - Fatigue 0

Good Luck Charm, Walkaway
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

Quote from: Riveda on November 18, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
Book doesn't say. I tend to think the Tyrant Sun killed her.

QuoteNothing strikes more fear into the hearts of the
Gunstar Defense Line than the sight of the Daystar. Ever
since the Unconquered Sun knelt before the Shining
Tyrant to pledge his fealty to the King of the Primordi-
als, he has become the greatest enemy of the Exalted,
relentlessly hunting them through the void. The sight of
it is fearsome to behold—the Tyrant Sun and his Traitor
Queen, the wrathful flames of the Daystar behind them,
and ten thousand thousand lumina swarming behind
them in the shadow of the Gardullis.

I wonder if she's the Traitor Queen.

Rook Seidhr

Rook Seidhr

What's been posted:

• Muse: Kuroshita Mai, Serenity, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Malixe: Kuroshita Kage, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • avorae: working on a Night Caste
  • AndyZ: Steel Orchid, Dawn, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Meliai: Via Li, Twilight, char sheet & bg posted
  • Krule: Sapphire Wind, Eclipse, char sheet & bg posted
  • Anon315: Kelen Truth's-Shield, Zenith, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Dracorion: Bamulase Cathek, Full Moon, char sheet posted, no bg
  • Trystia: Beneficent Emerald Silhouette, No Moon, char sheet & partial bg posted
  • Terian: wants a fighty character
I've made rewrite suggestions to some of the posted sheets. Others, I haven't studied in detail. I'd love to see more backgrounds.

I note that we have two Zeniths, which is not the end of the world. They seem like pretty different characters.

Terian, if you have an idea for a Dawn or Full Moon sufficiently different from AndyZ's (Deliberative Army warstrider jockey) or Dracorion's (Lunar void-warrior who secretly aspires to be a savant) that it won't step on their toes, let me know.

Zaer Darkwail

I agree that notion of Tyrant Queen could mean Merela (as a infernal I guess, or as a solar for added twist).

Krule

The implications are that most of the celestial exaltation are part of the Gunstar crew.. of course, that doesn't mean Merala wasn't the prototype for this universe's infernals.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, but can primordials taint solar essence to turn into infernal one? I would imagine it is possible and in sense this universe would not have akuma (maybe) and instead any traitorous solars who swap sides become infernals (or double agents for case of sidereals or lunars).

Rook Seidhr

The Infernals in this setting are new Exaltations made by the Tyrant Sun and tainted by the Yozis. It's not clear how many of them there are, or whether the Sun can make yet more of them. (Shards p. 27)

Lunars and Sidereals who did not escape the Spiral aboard Autochthon were tortured until they surrendered and became akuma, as are their successors. The descendants of those Dragon-Blooded who did not escape are also given the choice of dying or becoming akuma as soon as they Exalt. There is no mention of Solar akuma. (Shards p. 28)

Muse

I'm missing somehting about Gunstar, Riveda.  When was the Great Curse laid in this setting?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rook Seidhr

As the Exalted were fleeing aboard Autochthon, directly on them, not on the Incarnae.

(The same question occurred to me, but the Gunstar character generation rules don't say to skip Virtue Flaws.)

Krule

Remember, the great curse was actually laid by the Neverborn, those primordials slain by the Exalted Host, which created the Underworld, which has happened in the Gunstar setting.
Edit: But, Alchemical Synergy should reduce the effects of the curse.. see pg 42 of the Alchemical Book.

On a different note, so many of you are going with the Free the Unconquered Sun (which is something of a misnomer in this setting, sense he surrendered, and thus, in a sense is the Conquered Sun ;) ), I should shift one of my free intimacies to that.

Meanwhile, Trystia.. do either of these work as picture of Beneficent Emerald Silhouette?  Or do you have something in mind for her already?

Second, Muse, you noted Kuroshita Mai as having brown eyes, but all Serenity caste's have blue eyes, it's part of the nature of their exaltation.
Also, Sapphire Wind has an reserved intimacy to a Sidereal Adviser, do you mind if I assign that to her?

Muse

Oh, did they change that? I thought it was just blue flecks in her eyes, so that when you looked into them you thought you were seeing a cerulean star field in a chocolate night sky? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Krule

Checking my book..

Joybringers' eyes have blue irises; tiny star-points of blue spangle their pupils.  When they spend Peripheral Essence, the Sign of Serenity shines on the Chosen's forget in bright blue light.