News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on May 24, 2013, 03:08:20 PM
Pretty much that. Though who knows what the PS4 will be like. They had the most abysmal launch last generation. They had the.  highest price with the worst starting library.

Although, I'm ready for the whole generation thing to die. I was hoping that the PS3, 360, Wii generation to be the last.

Can't do that, must make and even 'better' console.  Must make more money.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 link=topic=174675.msg8281527#ms. g8281527 date=1369427009
Can't do that, must make and even 'better' console.  Must make more money.
Yeah, but there's not a lot to do graphically and gaming wise (that's why they're all getting so gimmicky). Even PCs can't go much farther with graphical output. Now it's more about processing and doing more.

This current generation was the first one where I was really happy. I didn't say, "I wonder what they'll do next gen?" It showed, when developers actually learned how to use the tech you started out with Oblivion but ended with Skyrim.

I long for the day when tech isn't the determining factor, but the skill of developers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Moraline

For the lawlz...

We hear it plays VHS tapes, but if you want to play Betamax there's an additional fee.

Inkidu

Quote from: Moraline on May 24, 2013, 03:49:40 PM
For the lawlz...

We hear it plays VHS tapes, but if you want to play Betamax there's an additional fee.
Lawlz :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Moraline on May 24, 2013, 03:49:40 PM
For the lawlz...

Also, could they have picked a name that lent itself less to an easy acronym or contraction? X-Box One; is that short for X-Box All-in-One? Is it suppose the be 'The One' system to rule them all (shamelessly rips off Inkidu)?

X-Box 1? Makes it sound like the 1st gen console
X-Box I? Same problem, people don't like Numerals
X-B 1; X-B I; XB1; XBI . . . .

*shudders* gobbilygook . . .
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Inkidu

Inkidu

I actually kind of like the Call of Duty games, but honestly, by the time it got around to the CoD part I was relieved. If I heard TV one more time...

I thought for they were trying to invent a new language using T.V., television, and sports.

My favorite line was, "You now navigate the menu with a, 'smack that ass' motion."

I lol'd.

Moraline

Just to keep the paranoia around here fully balanced... How about some more lawlz?...

chaoslord29

Quote from: Inkidu on May 24, 2013, 06:01:15 PM
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-features-new-xbox-that-are-about-to-ruin-everything/

Cracked got hold of the Xbox One, namely David Wong.

It. Was. Glorious!

Mr. Wong is my favorite. I have his collection on everything that's wrong with/needs to be fixed with gaming ^_^

Edit:
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Chris Brady

Quote from: chaoslord29 on May 24, 2013, 01:56:49 PM
Canada has arbitration as well, so I'm assuming it's basically the same. They may have stricter privacy laws and rights, but the ability to sign away those rights/protection under the law is still just as present.

Seriously though, fuck everything about EULA and arbitration.
The EULA is illegal if it goes against the laws, and can be ignored.  You can still sue them, if you can prove the EULA is illegal.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 25, 2013, 01:16:51 AM
The EULA is illegal if it goes against the laws, and can be ignored.  You can still sue them, if you can prove the EULA is illegal.

That's the problem.  It isn't. Is it a bad move for the customer? Absolutely. Is it illegal? Sadly no. So we will be seeing more of these clauses.  I don't think it was a coincidence this came after the PS Network got hacked, MS is trying to avoid huge expensive class action suites.

Slywyn

I've bought the Xbox and 360 before Playstation the last two generations.

I won't be this time. Always on internet, requiring a spy system to even turn on, and not allowing used games?

Three strikes and you're out my friend.

If PS4 doesn't allow used games without an extra fee I won't be buying that either.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

SinXAzgard21

Honestly the only way I see myself getting an xbone is if when i get a used game and install it on my console, is if i can take the game back to gamestop and get my refund before the seven days are up.  If not, well then I have no use for big brother one.

Jennifer swallows

Hello everyone, new here. but, i thought i would join a couple of topics and get a feel for everything. Like most people in my little circle on the internet, i've been debating the whole XBone vs PS4 for a bit.

I think I'm waiting till E3 to make any concrete dissensions, but the ps4 really seems to be trying to bring us a gaming console with a few gimmicks, and not just a entertainment system that's meant to replace your cable box. If all I have is one box for both things, then what happens if someone else in my house wants to watch TV while I want to play a game on the "game" console? I can't just use my pc monitor to play the game and give the big screen over, i have to put it on hold or make them wait. Kind of crappy...

not to mention that I never really liked that I had to pay for the gold service just do I could use some features that are free on other systems. Like netflix. I already pay my ISP and netflix, Now I have to pay Microsoft just to be able to use it on their system? Why do I need another hand in my pocket when NO ONE else is doing the same?

I don't use it, but facebook and twitter are free elsewhere, hulu and netflix are free to use on your itouch, pc, and other gaming consoles as long as you pay the subscription. but Xbox is the only one that charges you extra just to use it, even if your trying to use a free trail for their programs. What the hell? I never really understood how that was supposed to make the gold service more appealing.

SinXAzgard21

Jennifer swallows

;D Funny, He always had a way with words, but perfectly sums up the Internets reaction with one simple sign.

Oreo

The camera spy on the XBone is enough to keep it out of my house. I'll be settling for a spare 360 and playing the games I have - thank-you-please. With any luck the designers will be out searching for new jobs in a year or two and we'll be back to buying used games. I can see the conundrum of passing games around, but that could just as easily be solved by not allowing that particular used disc to be reinstalled on the original purchasers Xbone.

It's not like I am going to run out of games to play. I still have:
19 PS games to get through
44 PS2 games to play
21 PS3 game unplayed
14 PsP waiting in the wings
10 Xbox games in the wrapper
59 360 games on the rack
and 40+ PC games

I should live so long to play them all. No thank you, Xbone.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

apygoos

Chris Brady

I wish my PC was powerful enough to run some of the more modern games...

For those who care, this is all the information we currently have on all the 'modern' consoles to date, in what IGN calls a handy dandy chart:

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart?zeta_id=1052266089%20Blasts+vs+Xbox+One_16331_874128_874135&utm_content=1052266089
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Jennifer swallows

I'm not sure if i can post links to anything, since I'm still unapproved. but kotaku has a couple of articles showing that Microsoft is backtracking on some of their statements. Such as the always on kinect and that indie developers will still have a hard time working with their company. Most of the statements are still just as vague and could still be just as intrusive and against progress as everything else they have implemented, but they are forced to at least address all of the bad press they have gotten since the reveal.

Inkidu

Quote from: Jennifer swallows on May 28, 2013, 07:26:59 PM
I'm not sure if i can post links to anything, since I'm still unapproved. but kotaku has a couple of articles showing that Microsoft is backtracking on some of their statements. Such as the always on kinect and that indie developers will still have a hard time working with their company. Most of the statements are still just as vague and could still be just as intrusive and against progress as everything else they have implemented, but they are forced to at least address all of the bad press they have gotten since the reveal.
I don't believe them. They seem much more interested in being really... dumb. :P

Jennifer swallows

Same here. I just find it funny that they are going back and trying to clear  up all of the confusion they caused, or  put to rest peoples fears, when they claim that most of the press from the event was positive. I'm not exactly sure how they came to that conclusion, but I believe it involved them sticking their finger's in their ears and yelling really loudly when ever someone said something bad. that would be the only way they had more positive press then negative.

SinXAzgard21

ZephySempai

I've been hearing a lot of terrible, terrible things about the Xbox One and as a huge supporter of the Xbox I am truly disappointed. I feel really let down by Microsoft, especially since I was the main kid in the lunchroom standing up for the Xbox when I was greatly outnumbered by PS3 owners.

Luckily, I own both a PSX and PS2 so i have no ill will towards sony in any way. I wish they did better with their controller, but companies always remodel there stuff at least 3-6 months after release.

So far, I'm very pro PS4, and I believe that right now, all they have to do is NOT FUCK UP, and they'll surely outmatch the Xbox.

With that said, I want to know more about the PS4. The forums and internet rants have been so clogged with fear and hatred of the impending doom XBOne will surely bring, I haven't heard much about the PS4 besides, "I'm getting that instead".

So what do you guys think about the PS4? I know from what I've seen that Sony's doing its best to just let Microsoft commit ritual suicide, but with nobody really digging through Sony's closet, they could be setting up to be just as bad as their competitor.

So yeah, what exactly should I expect from the PS4, or or should I just be happy that I'll be saving $400-$600 dollars just Christmas?