This is what I get from a university education these days?

Started by Praxis, December 02, 2006, 10:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

So I'm contemplating the start of a university game.

Free form, with a bit of GM input from my end.

At the moment, everyone would be either a first year or second year student.

At the moment, everyone would be living in a co-ed dorm.

Uhm...that's about it.

If there's enough interest, I'll get cracking on campus maps and locations...etc.

I can't really think of any character limitations at the moment.

This will "real world" based.  No multi-penised demon kings with penchants for raping bunny girls.

...that comes second semester.
;)

Lyria

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Arander

I think I'd be up for this. I've been interested in some school-based roleplay lately and would like to give things a shot.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

Elvi

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Praxis

Quote from: Elvi on December 03, 2006, 10:23:38 AM
Any thoughts on plot?

Yup.

Play and find out. 

;)

I figure to start, there could be enough interaction between the players getting to know one another before I start throwing curves but think University life...North American University life that is.

Like British post secondary education...just less tea and more beer.

;)

Elvi

LOL
I believe there would be more alchahol consumed in Britain than the US because of the age laws.....

But I'm afraid that I am loathed to begin another game on a whim without even an inkling of plot detail, I need plot more than sex......

Jefepato

Quote from: Elvi on December 03, 2006, 01:17:16 PM
LOL
I believe there would be more alchahol consumed in Britain than the US because of the age laws.....

Maybe, but not by as much as you think.

Zakharra

Quote from: Ender on December 02, 2006, 10:54:11 PM
So I'm contemplating the start of a university game.

Free form, with a bit of GM input from my end.

At the moment, everyone would be either a first year or second year student.

At the moment, everyone would be living in a co-ed dorm.

Uhm...that's about it.

If there's enough interest, I'll get cracking on campus maps and locations...etc.

I can't really think of any character limitations at the moment.

This will "real world" based.  No multi-penised demon kings with penchants for raping bunny girls.

...that comes second semester.
;)

Biology class?  ;D

Sugarman (hal)

we have a truth or dare game going with coeds. It very quickly ended up as a one on one game leaving some players out in the rain so to speak.

I'm interested if the game has some details in it. Like classes and instructors. 
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Praxis

This was more about gauging interest than really fleshing anything out at the mo'.

Elvi mentioned sex.  Will there be sex?  Probably.  Must there be sex?  Nope.  Will the game revolve around sex?  At times, during my university experience and for others I was in university with, it seemed the entire universe revolved around that "certain someone" you really wanted to nail.

Now...I actually have ideas for some stories, but ideally; like I mentioned in my first post the game is free form.

Ideally we'll be pulling in people that have ideas regarding situations be it good or bad that they want to run their character through, as well as getting other characters involved.

If the players want it, there can definitely be instructors and classes.  I am quite certain that if I leave it totally open, there are going to be people who don't want student characters and instead want to be an instructor, or a janitor, or a paladin prostitute.  ;P

I am concerned that it will turn into a bunch of isolated one on one threads which is why I started out with everyone being 1st and 2nd year students all living in the same co ed dorm.  We get enough people and we'll start a second dorm.  I'm thinking 10 per dorm. Five guys, five girls but i'm flexible with this and can work in any combination.

To start the game...we'd start with frosh week.  Some of the second year characters would be frosh leaders.  I'd be telling you about the events, or using some of the player's ideas for events and we'd roll from there.

Like I said, I have ideas but I'm not going to share them, simply because I don't want to pollute potential player's ideas for characters.

Some history of the university.

It's called Halo University.

It's only been "open" for the last four years, is completely and wholly owned by the Halo Corporation.  Six years ago they were responsible for bringing "Halo Brand Batteries" to the market.  Expensive?  Yes, but they are guaranteed to never die out.  If your Halo battery quits working, they will replace the battery for free.

They made millions.  Possibly billions.

The campus is state of the art, powered by their Halo batteries, and to entice students to enroll at their university they offered significantly lower tuition than other universities, garnering them many protests from a number of universities.

They do not seem to hesitate when it comes to paying top dollar for the very best regarding instructors and professors, as well as coaches.

They also offer the most generous scholarships out of any North American school in the post-secondary education field.

More to follow...but as I said...still looking for a few more people.

Elvi

See?
Now that wasn't that painful was it?

OK count me in......but I want to see paladin prostitutes mentioned at least five times a day for the first five (IC) days.....*grins*

Praxis

Well...I wanted to save it as a surprise but the university's mascot is called "The Paladin Prostitute"

Thanks for ruining it.

:'(

Sugarman (hal)

"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elvi

Oh bugger.........I've ruinned the plot now haven't I?.......*sighs*.......

Praxis

So!

Lo and behold, there's a university game going on in RPOL.net

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=20544&gn=University+Halls&date=1165338756&wn=1

So if you're interested still, go to that link and write up a character, and Elvi might be pleased.  Apparently the university is in Great Britain so there's no need to acclimate on  her part.

:P

No prostitute paladins though...sorry.

Elvi

OH WOW!
Back to my days at Unni then?
Errrr....actually, this lot wouldn't be able to cope......*grins*

(Bit upset about the propals though.....*sniffs)

Elvi

Ewwwwwwwww.............Ender......it's on RPOL!

Sorry, don't play there and isn't it a bit sort of pimpy advertising it here for a game there?

Praxis

Sorry dude.  I thought everyone here posted there.

I wasn't trying to send people away from here to be honest. 

I'm exceptionally lazy.  If I can just play in a game as opposed to running one, then splendido.

Any of you are welcome to word-smith up a university game here at E.

I was just letting people know what's up.

ZK

Don't make me put on the principal's uniform and spank you..wait, that would be "private" highschool and colleges. Or someone's fantasy. I'd like to play if you drag to Elliquiy and not RPOL. That's evil.EEEEEviiil.

Well, maybe not that evil, but it is! >.>
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Ixy

Hm, yeah... I'm game.  If it's here; no interest in RPOL.

ZK

So bring it here or you won't get the interacial gang-bang you desired. >.> Hmphs. *puts on her chastity belt* <.<
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

NikitaFirestar

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Hunter

*sneaks up behind Nikiti and pounces on her*
I may actually wander over and join it if it's interesting enough.  I could use some good old fashioned intrigue (sex, cheating, drinking, etc)

NikitaFirestar

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Hunter