If you want the honey, don't knock over the beehive. [F seeking...]

Started by Mellific, February 20, 2015, 12:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Role-Play Ideas

Availability: Selectively seeking new stories.
Postability: Once a week is my aim.

Modern.

This list is going to contain my current available Rp ideas, based in a modern setting; humans, present-day, realistic and believable content.

And How Does That Make You Feel?
He wasn't your typical doctor. He didn't walk around with his head held high as if his very existence was more meaningful than anyone had yet realized. He had no egotistical big-headedness or case of self-absorption. He preferred to be called by his first name, so after many months of reminding and insisting, he now goes by Dr. James to those he works near and with. He wasn't clean-cut and well-shaven, his scruffy beard was trimmed but longer than the hair on the top of his head. He didn't drive a fancy car; it was a Mazda. He didn't wear some unapproachable lab coat lined with self-importance, he actually wore a leather jacket when he went out in the back to smoke a cigarette. His patients mostly consisted of older folks who were starting to show signs of dementia, or had severe psychological problems like bipolar disorder, or manic depression. The newest addition to his client list would strike him then, as she was a beautiful, young woman... who appeared to have no psychological hang-ups. So, why was she paying for three hour-long sessions a week? Dr. James is no detective, but something tells him the situation is not a normal one, especially for someone like him, who mostly specializes in geriatrics. Bethany uses the sessions to talk to the doctor, but nothing profound comes out of them... until one day, when the tension became too thick, one of them just had to cut it.

Notes:
I would be open to discussing the details of this idea with a potential partner. Obviously, I'm seeking tension-building romance, also want to fulfill the fantasy of doctor/patient interaction. Maybe the Psychiatrist develops feelings for Bethany and internally struggles during their need to fill one hour sessions daily, as he attempts to keep his lusts in check, having to remind himself that he is still a professional. Or Bethany develops feelings for the Psychiatrist and gets lost in the fantasy of possibilities for them somehow ending up together. Or, perhaps, mutual feelings are shared between the two, and the new question is why they were brought together in the first place?

The Most Valuable Lesson You'll Ever Learn.
In an all-girl's school which recently became co-ed, the student body swoons in unison to discover their newest instructor, Mr. Wade, who is tall, handsome, and relatively young. This is his first teaching job, and he prefers for the students to view him as a cool, relatable guy, so he insists they all call him Mr. Alex, after his first name, Alexander. Like every other girl in any of his classes, Sophia is smitten at first sight. She finds it nearly impossible to focus during his lessons, and her grade quickly slips to an F. Mr. Alex decides to meet with Sophia after class one day, and discuss her poor marks; finding it odd that her homework is submitted, with no essay questions written, and her tests are handed in, with no multiple choice options selected. He feels that if she just applied herself, she would earn an A in his class, and wants to discover why she is struggling so much. Sophia is flustered and has no answers for him, because during her tests, she just stares at him, and when she is at home working on homework, she just daydreams of him. He starts to pick up on this fact, and decides to tutor her after school, where they can work much more intimately... together.

Notes:
I have a few ideas for this story and would like to discuss possibilities with a potential partner. Either Mr. Alex convinces Sophia that she can earn an A in no time flat, if she just allow him to do to her whatever it is he wants... Or Mr. Alex begins to tutor Sophia, and finds her crush on him rather obvious. He tries to work through this though, knowing he can do nothing about it, despite her being very cute, and willing... Sophia, however, cannot take much more of the pressure, wanting him like she does, craving to touch and feel a man for the first time... What will happen as their sessions continue and progress?

There is no Place like Home.
Olivia has had it rough. Her parents died in a horrific accident when she was young, leaving her orphaned and alone, with no trace of family to turn to for much needed support. The state interfered, as well as DCFS, and the two collaborated in a decision that would map out the rest of her future, by sending her to an orphanage for the remainder of her years as a minor. But, Saint Mary's Orphanage could only keep her until she turned eighteen. To mark the celebration of her birth, and transition into adulthood, Olivia was kicked to the curb, homeless, alone, and without a single hope. That was, until she met him. One day, when rifling through the trash behind a local Italian restaurant, he spotted her on his way to work. At first glance, most people would note the grunge about her appearance, the obvious business she was conducting, with her hands buried beneath layers of discarded trash, in an ally. They would take a glance, and then cast their gaze down again, moving with an urgency about their paces, ignoring and avoiding the subject in need, not wanting to feel obligated to share their wealth, or food, or shelter. Olivia was not your average homeless bum though, and would rather freeze to death, than ask someone for help. She had gotten through this life thus far, without handouts, and by paving her own path, that wasn't about to change with the absence of a home. But this man saw something different in her... what with the woman being so young, what with her features being so strikingly beautiful, when he looked past the dirt and grime. Against his better judgement, he offers her a helping hand. At first, she practically bites it off, not interested in his pity. But, the following day, he seeks her out again, and offers yet again. It isn't until the third time he seeks Olivia out, and gives her a convincing enough argument that she can trust him, that she does, and walks with him down the street, like a proper member of society, rather than a sub-human insect. They continue meeting like this for awhile, walking and talking together, him bringing her coffee, and sandwiches, and eventually, he offers to show her his apartment. What had started off as an innocent visit, turns into a permanent residence, as this man takes her under his wing, gaining whatever he does, out of this odd relationship.

Notes:
My idea for this Rp would be to develop a slow and steady romance story, building trust and working at creating a bond between two characters who otherwise, by societal standards, didn't belong together. I am fairly loose in terms of hearing what a partner might want to throw into this one, as far as the male character is concerned. If a potential partner wanted to make him a rich businessman with compassion beyond the average person, I could be swayed. Or, if a partner wanted to keep him as a simple character, perhaps one whose curiosity got the better of him, I could also be interested in that. Perhaps my character is actually sick at the time of our character's meeting, and he decides to help her out by trying to take care of her at his place. Either way, I'm very interested in this idea currently, and would love to hear from others who are inspired by it, for an expanding plot, and any additional ideas.

"Help Desk, how may I be of assistance?"
~New~
Clare had recently landed a gig at a temp agency, which quickly found a short-term spot for her at a local call center. Excited at the opportunity, she immediately went in for an interview, bright-eyed and eager. After meeting with several members of management, taking a few task-oriented tests and answering various questions in the oral interviews, she was finally given the good news; she would start Monday morning as a phone center operator. First thing in the morning, Clare arrived along with the other newly hired temp's, and began the rigorous three week training process. During this time, she would acquaint herself with the other employee's, both in the office and outside of it. One such noteworthy department would be the Help Desk. There was one voice in particular, which she was immediately drawn to, that being the voice of Ian. Though they had never met in person, he had a way with his words, or maybe it was just the allure of his voice, which held a certain power over her and piqued her curiosity enough to ask if she'd ever see him in person. As it turned out, he had to come by the office in order to set up the new hire's computers, though he often worked from home or off-site. When they met each other, Clare felt an instant spark of chemistry that she hoped was shared by Ian. As it turns out, Ian was well aware of Clare's little crush and intended on using his persuasion to his advantage, by means of planting something on her computer, be it a dirty, personal e-mail, or several downloaded, not-safe-for-work images... any of which could be used as blackmail against Clare. What was his reason for doing this? Well, if Clare wanted to keep her job, she'd have to please the man who intended to blackmail her, by any means necessary.

Notes:
I am very much craving a story along these lines as of late. Not only would this game be an office-centered romance story, but there is also the element of blackmail thrown into the mix, which if a partner preferred it be left out, could be arranged. Perhaps the motivation for Clare and Ian is simply pursuing a relationship because they are both instantly attracted to one another. However, the element of blackmail does create a delightful slue of emotions to work with, where I feel the relationship between the two main characters would be bumpy at first, but would likely smooth out over time. My intention would be for Clare to willingly submit to Ian's wishes, initially due to the blackmail he threatens, but over time, I'd prefer for her to develop real feelings for him. This could be a story about dominance and submission if a partner so wishes, I am more than willing to get inspired by a potential partner's take on this, as well as hear any additional ideas that this may spark.

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.
~New~
Piper wanted nothing more than to be a model. It had been her dream for as long as she could remember. Even as a small child, she could vividly remember posing in front of every available mirror and hamming it up before any flashing camera. Her parents always supported her aspiration, even entered her into several 'cute baby' contests and teen beauty pageants. Piper was always a worthy competitor, a face to remember as she worked to make a name for herself. It wasn't until she moved to LA and got serious about her career that a modeling scout sought her out and Piper's name would make its way to a particularly distinguished agent, for a highly esteemed modeling company. Yet, it seemed her agent wanted a little more than what she had originally presumed. Easily, his influence could make or break her in this highly competitive industry. He held the keys to her career in the palm of his hand, now she just had to figure out how to free them from his grasp.

Notes:
I am fairly flexible with the initial premise of this plot, meaning, if a partner is more interested in my character being an aspiring actress rather than an aspiring model, or something along that same vein, I'm more than willing to talk it over and consider slight alterations. This is another story where I can envision elements of D/s, should a partner be interested in that. If not, I can also see this amounting to NC, when the situation arises. However, I do not intent for it to only be NC, I would much prefer to have NC plots turn into a consensual relationship.

Fantasy.

This list is going to contain my current available Rp ideas, based in a fantasy setting; mythical, magical, and extra-ordinary (including Apocalypse settings).

Nothing Left.
By the year 2020, technological advancements had not surpassed the hopes of many scientists and healthcare professionals. When the 21st century first began, people of the world had been promised that they would work harder on vaccinations, and preventative measures against sickness and disease. After the Swine Flu epidemic, the healthcare agencies has no other choice, however, other than to promise better things for their people, better than things had been. Yet, no one could have predicted how bad things would truly get. As the years since the swine flu passed, a strand of the virus had been left to mutate, and over time, transformed into an epidemic that spread throughout the country. It managed to work its way through the things we eat, the items we drink, and even, the air we breathe. But when the signs and symptoms of contamination were so faint to trace, and so easy to conceal, how could anyone truly trust another? How would they make it through this, without a cure?

Notes:
This is another Apocalypse setting, which would be based on the setting from the video game, The Last Of Us. It is another zombie apocalypse, but the way in which people turn is very specifically stemmed from a strand of a virus, that had never gone treated, that no one ever was able to capture and vaccinate for. Over time, it spread, even in some instances, being airborne. I wouldn't require a potential partner to have played or seen the game, but we can always discuss more details in a PM, or by other means. In that setting, a story is established surrounding two characters on a mission; he is an older man, and she is a younger girl, he has been sent to smuggle her in the city, where a group is looking to take her in. Perhaps in our story, for a bit of a spin, we can just have your characters stumble up on mine, and agree to take care of her, transport her to a group that she heard was a few states over. In the game, the girl has been bitten, but is not infected, and they think that she might be their hope for a cure. Which translates to a very difficult decision in the end. I would love to make this plot into our own, unique version, and am excited to hear from an interested potential partner.

Historical.

This list is going to contain my current available Rp ideas, based in a past setting; Historical (not based on actual historical events), including any time period that would pre-date a modern day setting.

Leirinmore.
In the fictional Norse-land of Leirinmore, the villages have been at war over a newly discovered plot of land, at the tip of the continent, branching out into the vast sea, like its own island. For so many years this territory had been ignored, but as soon as it was found, various nearby villages came to stake claim, a number of battles and wars ensuing. After losing a great number of their Northmen, certain villages began to team up with others, deciding to join their forces as allies, and over the years, Leirinmore was divided. The two strongest armies became enemies, and the fight over that piece of land had never ceased. Yet, there was a possibility for peace. This would come to fruition upon the gathering of leaders, at the next landsmeet. What would follow, could not have been predicted by any attendees. The two fueling armies showed up, and the spokesperson for one, offered a peace agreement, to the other. In exchange for the war to be ended, and the land to be forgotten, he would offer his enemy, his younger sister's hand in marriage. It was an arranged marriage, which would ultimately be the reason for peace and unity to exist between those two strongest forces of the land.

Notes:
This is based on an original Rp I did in a chat-client. It is not supposed to be set in a real, historical, location, but inspired by the viking age. My plan would be for this Rp to progress, revolving around the couple within the arranged marriage. I would prefer for there to be a certain amount of conflict between them at first, perhaps they cannot stand each other, or one of them has a pure hatred toward the other. But, for the betterment of their people and the village as a whole, they must act as if they are both equally willing to go along with this marriage. Obviously the romantic element of this story comes into play, as their story and relationship develops. As time goes on, the one with a grudge, or the both of them, would start to lighten up, and before they know it, they've fallen for each other.

Sci-Fi.

This list is going to contain my current available Rp ideas, based in a Sci-Fi setting; futuristic, cyborg or other robotic creatures and content.

Teach Me How To Feel.
Over time, the appearance of our personal computers has drastically changed, from the enormous, clunky box, to a sleek laptop, to our mobile devices, and now, by the year 2030, a robot. There are a variety of options to choose from, as well as a varying array of uses for these well-crafted machines. Some take the form of realistic, lifelike, human beings. The malebots and fembots are in no way of rare form, but a most popular item, so selections may be sparse until re-manufacturing can begin. There are also forms that take the shape of animals, and other, more mythical creatures. These are slightly more obscure, but as long as a customer has a vivid imagination, almost anything can be created for them, on the website, through special order. These machines are meant to be whatever the customer wishes of them. Perhaps they are simply in need of a companion in their lives, with artificial intelligence. Perhaps some customers simply wish for a high-powered machine, to do all of their computer features on, but wish for it to be more mobile and free, than a portable computer. Be cautious though, there have been several improvements and advancements in response to a long list of errors and malfunctions, specifically with the humanoid computers. We are looking into this with the best of intentions, and constantly striving to perfect our product, for our customers.

Notes:
This is my third attempt at doing a humanistic robot story, wherein the computerized woman, learns to develop feelings, despite her inability upon creation, to feel. I have never been able to get this story very far off the ground, but have allowed myself another opportunity to take a chance at it, with the right partner. Fair warning, I will be especially skeptical upon approaching this story in particular, considering the previous two failed attempts. My idea for this story would be to portray the humanoid fembot, who would be, by company standards, a failed attempt. She would look exactly like a human, and I have always imagined her counterpart finding her, rather than being a customer to this computer company, and purchasing one of these machines. I would like for this story to develop into something of an impossible love-story, between a being who does not understand love, and the human who saves her from a fate of becoming scrap and junk.

Horror/Gothic.

This list is going to contain my current available Rp ideas, based in a Horror setting; thriller, suspense, some action and psychological thriller content. There is also an element of romance embedded within this category, albeit slightly twisted, dark, and beyond the ordinary. Can be based in modern, medieval, or fantasy settings, but not a Sci-Fi setting.

Selective Amnesia.
Stephanie and William have only been married for a short two months, before they were both affected by a horrible car wreck. They were driving home after spending the evening at the cinema, and the roads of Chicago were slick and slippery. William grasped Stephanie's hand and guided her knuckles up to his lips, where he planted several kisses. Stephanie turned to look at him, smiling wide, when just then, his front tires got caught and locked up, while trying to go over a particularly thick sheet of ice. This sent the car veering, and it spun in circles, before the passenger side smashed against a telephone pole. This shattered the glass, and sent the passenger's head flying through it, glass shattering, shards everywhere, blood dripping along the red paint of the exterior. The driver's side took next to no damage, and the driver therefore, was unscathed. Months later, the victim would suffer amnesia, and not remember a thing.

Notes:
I have a couple of ideas for this story and would be willing to discuss them with a potential partner. Either William or Stephanie could be driving the car, depending on what a partner would prefer; obviously whoever is in the passenger side, would be the one who suffers amnesia. My hope with this story is to have the character who has not suffered amnesia, attempt to convince the victim of the crash, to come back home, move in with him/her again, and face the fact that they are married... despite the fact that the injured party doesn't even remember their spouse's name. A twist on this story could be as follows; the relationship between William and Stephanie, is actually brother and sister... it could be that after the crash, the driver realizes how much he/she needs the other, and... loves him/her. Despite how odd that may be. Using the amnesia to their advantage, perhaps they can convince the other to give them a chance, romantically speaking. The trick is to just keep them from finding out the truth.

The Ghost of You.
There was a rumor floating around, that a ghost traced the hallways of the school she had belonged to before the accident, haunting the halls, in search of her belonging, stuck in-between the land of the living and the land of the dead. Her name was Elanor, and she had been on her way to Junior Orientation. Like most days, she had not prepared ahead of time, and was running late, so her walk to school had turned into a run, careful consideration dissipating with every passing minute, only reminding her of how late she was, rushing to avoid being even later than she had to be. Just outside of the school's parking lot, Elanor darted across the street without looking, and had been struck by a car. They say that the person in the car never stopped, and that her body lay in the street for some time, before a passerby had discovered her. She was taken to the nearest hospital for treatment, admitted into critical care, with a coma. Now, as the story goes, the spirit of her drifts on, oblivious about the accident, and unaware of what she needs to do, before her physical body can awake again. Yet, when she notices that, for the first time, a classmate seems to notice her, she knows it is no coincidence, and decides to act on it, before it's too late.

Notes:
For this story, I would much prefer portraying the role of the ghost, rather than the role of the one person who can see her. I would like for this story to develop as we go, and make it into something truly unique. It would make sense for the one student in the school who can see her, to either have some sort of tie to her, or other reason for his sixth sense, at least, when it comes to her. It would develop, in my mind, into something where they need each other; she needs for him to help her, to eventually wake her physical body up, or to reunite her spirit with her body... and he needs her to fulfill the mysteries that only she can delve into.

Others/Unclassified's.

This list is going to be more generic and broad, as the stories are either rough-drafts, or mere concepts, even inspirational images, and not yet ironed out.
I would love to hear a partner's ideas on how to expand upon these listings, and turn them into solid stories.

There is an untold story here in this picture. One that might develop into something promising. Set Fire to the Rain is the title of the image, which I found on DeviantArt (all credit goes to the creator; kokoszkaa). I am imagining a fantasy theme, perhaps involving a girl experimenting with elemental magic, or who possesses some elemental manipulation. Or, perhaps she has discovered something in the rain, something that will forever change her life. I don't have all of the pieces lined up, so a partner's input might just spark the muse needed for this development, and I'd be interested in hearing thoughts!

By The Window... is the title of the image, which I found on DeviantArt (all credit goes to the creator; kokoszkaa). She waits for something, longingly gazing out the window, as the sky fills with dread. What is it she awaits? Or, what is it she wishes to escape, locked within the prison that holds her? I would appreciate another's opinions on the matter, if this image stirs up inspiration, as it has with me.

Left Behind is the title of this image, which I found on DeviantArt (all credit goes to the creator; PhatPuppyArt-Studios). She was forgotten in the midst of it all, left behind, having to face the harsh realities of her predicament alone. Does she make it? Does someone come back for her after all? There's definitely the potential for a deep story here, and I would love some input from a potential partner, who feels the same spark as myself.

Andhema is the title of this image, which was found on DeviantArt (all credit goes to the creator; Yayashin). Her reflection does not match her appearance. Why? What is her story? Does she need to do something in order to keep her outward appearance looking young and fresh? How far will she go in order to maintain that appearance? Again, I'd love to hear ideas from someone who may be inspired by this image.

Please check out my O/O, which is linked here, and scan through my post history to determine if you believe we might make a good partnership. Please contact me through PM, if you are interested in pursuing a possible story with me. I welcome PM's, even if it's just to ask a few simple questions or to double check about something unmentioned or specific. Feel free to ask me about an idea that you have, as well. Remember that the details of every available game idea is entirely up for discussion with the right person.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this list and for considering me as a writing partner. I truly appreciate it!

O/O | A/A | MM