The Monsters on Campus. (Seeking More players) (Horror/mystery)

Started by Lustful Bride, March 07, 2016, 03:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Valerian on March 14, 2016, 10:22:10 AM
Okay, how's this?

Zoe Hawkins
Zoe Hawkins

Role: Nerd

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Hetero

Special Skill: Survival skills / life hacks

Weakness: Zoe isn't very strong and isn't much help in close combat.

Reputation: Depending on who you talk to, Zoe is either shy and awkward or a stuck-up snob who thinks she's better than everyone else.  She is known to be willing to help tutor anyone who needs help, and she's good at a lot of subjects.

Bio: Zoe has always liked being able to coast through school and through life without attracting much attention, just getting good grades and otherwise hiding out in her room or the library.  Anything else just causes trouble sooner or later, and she's much better off sticking with what she knows.  But one day she gave in to temptation just long enough to let herself get talked into going to a rave by one of the popular girls that she was tutoring, and that only proved Zoe's point.  Now the whole campus has trouble like you wouldn't believe.  Worse, she found out right away that the only reason she'd been invited in the first place is because Susanna and her snooty friend wanted someone around to make fun of.  If the two of them hadn't been torn into tiny bits before her eyes, Zoe would still be mad at them.

It was partly luck that Zoe survived, but she was also more ready than most for something like this.  She never really believed in the zombie apocalypse as such, but she wasn't willing to completely dismiss the idea, either.  So she learned about survival techniques and joined a couple of survivalist forums where people discuss their plans, trying to be prepared for any kind of disaster.  Her knowledge so far is mostly theoretical, but she's picked up a lot of helpful tricks about dealing with undead, victims of super-rabies, and of course other survivalists that work almost as well against demons and monsters.

Though she's a pretty decent shot with a rifle and is also learning archery, she's not yet very experienced with moving targets.  She's very worried about the idea of accidentally hitting an innocent bystander and is practicing hard to improve her aim.

Opinions of Classmates/fellow survivors: Zoe finds most other people to be scary and tends to avoid them outside of classwork... though now that she's seen beings that are really scary, she's changing her mind about that and is glad to have other people around who understand, even if they're not all the sort of people she would normally hang out with.

Approved! Just make the image slightly smaller and then move it to the Approved Character thread. I was a little worried about her knowing how to use guns and archery but im willing to give it a try. It could be shes still a novice and will learn more overtime. Plus it could lead to good interactions between her and Abbey if she asks the navy woman to show her how to better hold the weapon and move with it.

-GM announcement-

I should have the first post up by Thursday, this will give time for the rest of our players to write up their characters and memorize the Monster Mash (I kid I kid :P)

. No rush you have 4 days to worry about it

Valerian

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 14, 2016, 10:54:48 AM
Approved! Just make the image slightly smaller and then move it to the Approved Character thread. I was a little worried about her knowing how to use guns and archery but im willing to give it a try. It could be shes still a novice and will learn more overtime. Plus it could lead to good interactions between her and Abbey if she asks the navy woman to show her how to better hold the weapon and move with it.

-GM announcement-

I should have the first post up by Thursday, this will give time for the rest of our players to write up their characters and memorize the Monster Mash (I kid I kid :P)

. No rush you have 4 days to worry about it
Oh, yes, she's definitely still learning, just showing some promise in marksmanship at this point.  I just didn't want her to be complete dead weight in a combat, and she'll never be any good at hand to hand or anything that requires real strength.  Actually, maybe I should skip the bow, now that I think about it -- pulling a bow does need some muscle and can get awfully tiring.  :P
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lustful Bride

Crash

Hmm should I make Ananya a Chemisty student or an Engineering student.  Both could have some fun usage in this game.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Crash on March 14, 2016, 11:14:24 AM
Hmm should I make Ananya a Chemisty student or an Engineering student.  Both could have some fun usage in this game.

mmmm...uuhh.....so hard to chose...id go with Chemistry but I don't want to influence you. Shes your character. Make her all your own ^_^

Crash

Don't worry I was leaning towards chemistry but I will see how the write up goes.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Kokaine

My cheerleader is almost done, should have her up shortly.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

Quote from: Kokaine on March 14, 2016, 11:21:41 AM
My cheerleader is almost done, should have her up shortly.

Looking forward to this. ;)

Crash

Lustful Bride

Game will start at the rave so everyone can meet eachother, sort of as a prologue then we will go to the college after a time skip of a few days.

Crash

Oh yikes.  I was writing the rave into Ananya's background.  Glad I asked.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Crash on March 14, 2016, 03:24:02 PM
Oh yikes.  I was writing the rave into Ananya's background.  Glad I asked.

Well you still can, just edit some of it out abit. Even Abbey, Caroline and Zoe have the Rave in their own backstories.

Valerian

Yeah, I couldn't resist the comment about the mean girls getting devoured by demons, but I can edit out a little of that if you like.   ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Valerian on March 14, 2016, 03:33:35 PM
Yeah, I couldn't resist the comment about the mean girls getting devoured by demons, but I can edit out a little of that if you like.   ::)

Nah its perfectly fine :P

Crash

Quote from: Valerian on March 14, 2016, 03:33:35 PM

I liked it.

Chrystal

As Co-GM, I'm going to make a public suggestion,  Lusty?

Start at the rave, at the start of the attack. Do NOT start at the start of the rave... I have good reason for saying this:

Games that I have played in and games that I have run, that started with a "meet and greet" scene, never got beyond that scene!

Always start with the action, either already under way or just about to kick off. That way players who crave action won't get bored and drop out, and players who only do meet/greet scenes then drop out won't even join!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Chrystal on March 14, 2016, 04:34:50 PM
As Co-GM, I'm going to make a public suggestion,  Lusty?

Start at the rave, at the start of the attack. Do NOT start at the start of the rave... I have good reason for saying this:

Games that I have played in and games that I have run, that started with a "meet and greet" scene, never got beyond that scene!

Always start with the action, either already under way or just about to kick off. That way players who crave action won't get bored and drop out, and players who only do meet/greet scenes then drop out won't even join!

That's what I had planned in mind, the meet and greet will be just everyone running in the same direction :P

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Crash

Name: Ananya Maheswaran
Role: Foreign Student/Repressed Party Girl
Sexuality: Bisexual
Special Skill: Chemistry – Ananya loves chemistry, which it is why it is her major.  She may not realize it yet, but simple acids, bases, explosive and incendiary devices are well within her capabilities of making with access to the right lab.
Weakness: Culturally she is a fish out of water.  She wants to explore the college party scene which can get her into no end of trouble.
Reputation: None yet, other than “oh your talking about the Indian exchange student.”

Bio: Ananya is an exchange student on scholarship from the University of Mumbai.  Her parents did the utmost to protect their precious Ananya from living an extraordinary life.  She wanted for nothing, was hovered about by nannies and generally treated like a delicate porcelain doll.  She hated it.  Okay she liked having the latest things, but not being able to dress the way she wanted to or do the things her friends got to do really grated on her. When the opportunity to travel abroad came up she quickly applied and was accepted to an America University.

Since coming to America she has suffered from a surprising degree of culture shock her first semester and was quiet and a bit shy.  Wanting to break out of her shell and spread her wings Ananya accepted her dorm mates invite to a Rave.  She ditched her saree for the club gear that had been languishing in her closet and went off for experience American culture in all of its debase glory.

Ananya had been enjoying herself well enough, though the choice of venue wasn’t exactly to her taste.  She stuck with her roommates as they suggested and danced the night away, until the killing started.  At first she thought it was some sort of joke or play or something.  Ghosts in a graveyard…oooo scary.  It was all interesting and weird until her roommate and the boy she had been dancing with were impaled on the distended claw of one of the creatures in front of Ananya.  Her scream mingled with the music and the sound of others dying around her.  In the mad scramble of fleeing, drug addled college students Ananya tripped and fell.  She tried desperately to recover but the creature was upon her.  Flailing to find something to help leverage the creature off of her Ananya’s fingers grasped a 6” metal stiletto someone had lost on the scrabble and hit the creature with it as hard as she could, burying the show in the things face.  She was able to stumble to her feet and escape in the bed of a pick truck fleeing the scene.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Crash on March 14, 2016, 08:11:15 PM
Name: Ananya Maheswaran
Role: Foreign Student/Repressed Party Girl
Sexuality: Bisexual
Special Skill: Chemistry – Ananya loves chemistry, which it is why it is her major.  She may not realize it yet, but simple acids, bases, explosive and incendiary devices are well within her capabilities of making with access to the right lab.
Weakness: Culturally she is a fish out of water.  She wants to explore the college party scene which can get her into no end of trouble.
Reputation: None yet, other than “oh your talking about the Indian exchange student.”

Bio: Ananya is an exchange student on scholarship from the University of Mumbai.  Her parents did the utmost to protect their precious Ananya from living an extraordinary life.  She wanted for nothing, was hovered about by nannies and generally treated like a delicate porcelain doll.  She hated it.  Okay she liked having the latest things, but not being able to dress the way she wanted to or do the things her friends got to do really grated on her. When the opportunity to travel abroad came up she quickly applied and was accepted to an America University.

Since coming to America she has suffered from a surprising degree of culture shock her first semester and was quiet and a bit shy.  Wanting to break out of her shell and spread her wings Ananya accepted her dorm mates invite to a Rave.  She ditched her saree for the club gear that had been languishing in her closet and went off for experience American culture in all of its debase glory.

Ananya had been enjoying herself well enough, though the choice of venue wasn’t exactly to her taste.  She stuck with her roommates as they suggested and danced the night away, until the killing started.  At first she thought it was some sort of joke or play or something.  Ghosts in a graveyard…oooo scary.  It was all interesting and weird until her roommate and the boy she had been dancing with were impaled on the distended claw of one of the creatures in front of Ananya.  Her scream mingled with the music and the sound of others dying around her.  In the mad scramble of fleeing, drug addled college students Ananya tripped and fell.  She tried desperately to recover but the creature was upon her.  Flailing to find something to help leverage the creature off of her Ananya’s fingers grasped a 6” metal stiletto someone had lost on the scrabble and hit the creature with it as hard as she could, burying the show in the things face.  She was able to stumble to her feet and escape in the bed of a pick truck fleeing the scene.

Approved, you may move her to the thread. ^_^

Crash

Kokaine

Okay... finished her...

Ezra Bardhi

Ezra Bardhi

Role: Popular Chick | Ditzy Cheerleader

Sex: Female.

Sexuality: Publicly Hetero | Secretly Pansexual.

Special Skill: Firm grasp of Anatomy and Physiology that can be applied to both herself and others, even the monsters to a limited degree. Useful in combat situations and with first aid.

Weakness: Fear of the dark (like seriously), fear of her mother, and minor (but growing) drug habit (weed, pills).

Reputation: Ezra is the daughter of a local politician and business mogul and as such is quite well known in a general sense. To add to it she is Co-Captain on a seriously competitive squad and has essentially been all but married off to the the local sports hero. Amongst her peers she is most well known for her tendency to space out and the seeming lack of brains in her head. Most think her ditzy and self-absorbed with little to no personality of her own since she usually lets her boyfriend do the talking and surrounds herself with friends who are more shallow than a kiddie pool.

Bio: From the outside looking in, Ezra has a perfect life. Named after a beloved great grandfather who did much to land their family in the respected position they inhabit, Ezra was born the baby of three kids and was sheltered from all but the most boring and mundane things. Some might have appreciated having their life mapped out for them and not having to worry about struggling with a single difficult decision, but not Ezra. She has absolutely no interest in all the many things her parents like to decide for her and certainly doesn't enjoy playing helpless female. Unfortunately, if she even thinks about straying from the predetermined path her mother is quick to put her back in line. All that ever seems to matter is that she makes their family look good, nothing else, which means she only needs to stay away from scandal, marry well, and have babies. Bleh.

Often drawing attention more for her family name and what others think it may get them, Ezra is usually surrounded by people. Half the time she can't stand those around her and the endless discussions about celebrities and fashion and who's dating who, but she's gotten good at alternating between pretending and simply spacing out and retreating into her own imagination--though recently this has been aided by drug use. An avid sports fan and a genuinely athletic and energetic person, she's always been good at sports and enjoyed playing but after hearing about how girls are "not supposed to be" so often, she ended up turning most of her attention to gymnastics, dance, and competitive cheerleading instead of the less aesthetically pleasing sports. Her brothers know she can shoot hoops and swing a bat too but most would assume she'd be too worried about breaking a nail to even try and Ezra plays right into the image. In fact, its like a sickness, the way she's always covering her true interests and abilities. Despite the fact that she's never been less than an A student, most also tend to assume Ezra's not very bright (and secretly she agrees because why else would she continue to try and please her mother?). They seem to have no clue she's pre-med or that she's secretly the creator of an underground online comic that contains a fair amount of commentary contrary to her family's public political stance. Well, the later needs to remain a secret but the former... whatever.

What it all comes down to is that Ezra hates her life. Well, maybe not literally everything about it, but definitely the whole 'needing to project a certain image at the expense of actual substance' part. Pleasing a mother with high political aspirations and ass backward views is certainly no picnic. Still, if she could have chosen, if she had known what she was walking into at the insistence of her horny boyfriend and his dumbass frat brothers, she'd have stuck with being chained to the dim-witted and far too cocky male and having to hide the fact that she's knows words of more than two syllables over what went down at that stupid rave. Then again, the the bastard had actually tried to trip her and shove her at one of those things while he ran! He ran straight into the claws of something she still can't even name and got his ass handed to him though, so he'd gotten his while she'd used the thing's blind spot against it and escaped by the skin of her teeth. Monsters eh? Compared to this shit facing down her own mother isn't looking so terrible now.

Opinions of Classmates/fellow survivors: "Who?" -  Ezra

Okay so she knows more than you might think though she doesn't have any real opinions of people she hasn't met up close and personal just yet.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Crash

Kokaine

Thanks. Her inner commentary should be fun at the very least, lol.

My O/Os

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Kokaine on March 16, 2016, 02:55:37 AM
Okay... finished her...

Ezra Bardhi

Ezra Bardhi

Role: Popular Chick | Ditzy Cheerleader

Sex: Female.

Sexuality: Publicly Hetero | Secretly Pansexual.

Special Skill: Firm grasp of Anatomy and Physiology that can be applied to both herself and others, even the monsters to a limited degree. Useful in combat situations and with first aid.

Weakness: Fear of the dark (like seriously), fear of her mother, and minor (but growing) drug habit (weed, pills).

Reputation: Ezra is the daughter of a local politician and business mogul and as such is quite well known in a general sense. To add to it she is Co-Captain on a seriously competitive squad and has essentially been all but married off to the the local sports hero. Amongst her peers she is most well known for her tendency to space out and the seeming lack of brains in her head. Most think her ditzy and self-absorbed with little to no personality of her own since she usually lets her boyfriend do the talking and surrounds herself with friends who are more shallow than a kiddie pool.

Bio: From the outside looking in, Ezra has a perfect life. Named after a beloved great grandfather who did much to land their family in the respected position they inhabit, Ezra was born the baby of three kids and was sheltered from all but the most boring and mundane things. Some might have appreciated having their life mapped out for them and not having to worry about struggling with a single difficult decision, but not Ezra. She has absolutely no interest in all the many things her parents like to decide for her and certainly doesn't enjoy playing helpless female. Unfortunately, if she even thinks about straying from the predetermined path her mother is quick to put her back in line. All that ever seems to matter is that she makes their family look good, nothing else, which means she only needs to stay away from scandal, marry well, and have babies. Bleh.

Often drawing attention more for her family name and what others think it may get them, Ezra is usually surrounded by people. Half the time she can't stand those around her and the endless discussions about celebrities and fashion and who's dating who, but she's gotten good at alternating between pretending and simply spacing out and retreating into her own imagination--though recently this has been aided by drug use. An avid sports fan and a genuinely athletic and energetic person, she's always been good at sports and enjoyed playing but after hearing about how girls are "not supposed to be" so often, she ended up turning most of her attention to gymnastics, dance, and competitive cheerleading instead of the less aesthetically pleasing sports. Her brothers know she can shoot hoops and swing a bat too but most would assume she'd be too worried about breaking a nail to even try and Ezra plays right into the image. In fact, its like a sickness, the way she's always covering her true interests and abilities. Despite the fact that she's never been less than an A student, most also tend to assume Ezra's not very bright (and secretly she agrees because why else would she continue to try and please her mother?). They seem to have no clue she's pre-med or that she's secretly the creator of an underground online comic that contains a fair amount of commentary contrary to her family's public political stance. Well, the later needs to remain a secret but the former... whatever.

What it all comes down to is that Ezra hates her life. Well, maybe not literally everything about it, but definitely the whole 'needing to project a certain image at the expense of actual substance' part. Pleasing a mother with high political aspirations and ass backward views is certainly no picnic. Still, if she could have chosen, if she had known what she was walking into at the insistence of her horny boyfriend and his dumbass frat brothers, she'd have stuck with being chained to the dim-witted and far too cocky male and having to hide the fact that she's knows words of more than two syllables over what went down at that stupid rave. Then again, the the bastard had actually tried to trip her and shove her at one of those things while he ran! He ran straight into the claws of something she still can't even name and got his ass handed to him though, so he'd gotten his while she'd used the thing's blind spot against it and escaped by the skin of her teeth. Monsters eh? Compared to this shit facing down her own mother isn't looking so terrible now.

Opinions of Classmates/fellow survivors: "Who?" -  Ezra

Okay so she knows more than you might think though she doesn't have any real opinions of people she hasn't met up close and personal just yet.

Approved.

I will work on an ooc page and more when I get back from some errands.