One-On-One Roleplay Request

Started by Drake Nightwing, August 17, 2010, 03:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Nightwing

Hey, everybody! How's it going?

Just waiting to get approved here...I would have posted earlier, it's just...I wanted quite sure how to go about this. Thing is, I want a one-on-one roleplay, but the problem is...I don't particularly want to hold the roleplay here on Elliquiy since I highly prefer roleplaying over Instant Messengers such as AIM.

Problem is, according to the rules, I can't post my SN in public area such as here, since it has to be posted on my actual profile information. I can't edit my profile since I'm not approved, so...that's a small bit of a problem. Likewise, I can't just give the information over a private message (nor can I roleplay over PMs) since I can't send/receive them because, again, I'm unapproved.

Kinda puts me in a bit of a sticky wicket, eh wot?

In any case! Seeing as how my options are...limited, to say the least, I figured I'd go ahead and post, and say to hell with it.

I'm feeling a little lazy, so I'm not going to put my full list here, but I'm in the mood for either a Medieval Fantasy or Future Fantasy (Science Fiction) style roleplay...I do have plot lines for all of them. They're not all that great, but still, they're there.

I'd list them here...but not right now. *yawn* I'm feeling a bit tired. So, I think I'll head to bed for the night, and I'll post my ideas if anybody might be interested.

Later, everyone!

AAA111

Are you interested in a roleplay such as a long-term dating relationship or a long-distance type relationship..i don't know if you wanna do those or something along those lines but just let me know..thanks :-)

Drake Nightwing

QuoteAre you interested in a roleplay such as a long-term dating relationship or a long-distance type relationship..i don't know if you wanna do those or something along those lines but just let me know..thanks :-)

I hate to sound like a total idiot, but what exactly do you mean? You mean like a roleplay in which case the two characters keep up a relationship despite vast distances?

...I've...never really done anything of that sort before. I mean, it might be interesting but...*shrug*

It's just I want to let you know right now--I don't like roleplays that are supposed set in the modern era, and "slice-of-life" roleplays are something I particularly dislike. I specifically despise "Highschool/College" roleplays.

So...yeah. Hope what you had in mind didn't involve any of that.

AAA111

Oh sorry we don't fit together then. Not a big deal. Hope that you find someone that works out though. :-)

finewine

Quote from: Drake Nightwing on August 17, 2010, 03:36:09 AM
Future Fantasy (Science Fiction) style roleplay...I do have plot lines for all of them. They're not all that great, but still, they're there.

*waves hello*
Future SciFi fantasy sounds fun.  What did you have in mind?

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lind

Hey, I'm always up for sci or fantasy. My favourite two genres.
"It's not what you are, it's what you want to be."

My on and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16973

Drake Nightwing

Heh. Well, I've got a few plots in mind--nothing too special though, really.

Future Fantasy: I really don't have a very thoroughly-thought out plot for this but basically my character is a sort of a cross-combo between a galactic police officer, bounty hunter, and mercenary. Essentially, he works freelance but offers his services as a criminal hunter to various groups and agencies.

The idea is that long ago, the twisted Professor Savage was arrested, tried, and found guilty long ago for building bioweapons and generally violating the terms of the Intergalactic Terran Peace Treaty of 25XX. The professor, deemed a madman due to his twisted and vile experiments on lifeforms both plant and animals based, was beginning to conduct research on live beings when the IBI (Interstellar Bureau of Investigation) bust in to catch him redheaded.

Long story short, Professor Savage's research was forcibly destroyed by the government and the Professor himself was exiled to a barren wasteland of a planet, filled with little food or water for him to spend the rest of his days on without access to a laboratory or any basic essentials.

At least, that was the plan. Ten years later since his exile, and the Interstellar Federation (ISF) has received some strange signals coming from the planet that Savage had been exiled to. Knowing that no signal ever existed from the planet beforehand, the ISF is more than a little concerned about this strange activity and dispatched a couple of investigators to check into the situation. Contact was lost with them a day after they arrived on planet and no word had been heard from them since, but they were able to send word that--somehow, inexplicably, the once barren and deathly wasteland has been partially terraformed into an equally deadly jungle environment just before word was lost.

Three weeks since the disappearance of the two investigators, the ISF has decided that Prof. Savage is behind it as well as the strange activity coming from the planet. To that end, they are organizing an entire strike force to descend down to the planet to locate, capture, and bring Prof. Savage to them so he can answer for these enigmas...and answer to justice if need be.

At the same time however, my character (either alone, with a partner, or a small team himself) was sent by his agency with a similar agenda in mind. Only, instead his orders are to eliminate Savage, rather than capture him.

Medieval Fantasy: I also have a few plots for this...they're not much, though.

In PLOT A, Drakengarde Nightwing, my character, is the prince of Draconia. Essentially, the first plot is just a basic "being arranged and forced against his will to marry a princess or other high noble of some country" type plot. Drake, being the rebellious guy he is (he hates his father, the King Ryu), doesn't want to at first....he sort of warms up to the lady....although eventually he is forced to runaway because he no longer stand his father's domineering ways...

PLOT B takes place after Drake has already ran away and has set up his new home in a cave near the village of Enix. Drake lives his life in peace until he meets a friend (or, alternative, meets back up with the princess he originally fled from) through...whatever process....and from there a friend of Drake's comes up to tell him that their nearby kingdom of Ninten is being overrun by this demon sorceress called Mortizen....and that he's the only real person that they can turn to, because their own forces are ineffective. Plot B can be an extension of Plot A, but they can also be stand alone plots in their own right. This is basically just a standard action/adventure "We're Gallivanting Off to Save the World (Again)" sort of idea. Also, alternative, seeing as how Plot B can extend from Plot A, it could also view the consequences of Drake's having fled the throne and his return to his home country to face his responsibilities as Crown Prince.

PLOT C, however, involves an invasion...and two (or more) countries at war. There are also elements of a Arranged/Forced Marriage, which is not just due to the parents of either party arranging them against their will, but the Prince of Draconia (who, in Plot C, is not Drake but another character by the name of Ekard) actually invading the country of the princess/female noble with the intention of building his empire further, kidnapping her and holding her under house arrest to force her to marry him (which, in a way, could also incorporate elements of Abusive Relationship and/or Master and Slave if so desired, but not at all necessary). Regardless, however, while Ekard does initially treat his newlywed wife rather badly, he does come to truly care for and love her...and she him.

That's really about it, though. ^^ Not the best or the most detailed ideas, but it's what I've got thus far.

Lind

Sounds all-right to me. If it was fantasy I'd pick plot B.
"It's not what you are, it's what you want to be."

My on and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16973

finewine

Sounds like you two have things in hand.  If you want to stop by my luau on my intro thread, please feel free to join in. :)

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Drake Nightwing

Quote from: Lind on August 21, 2010, 03:17:10 PM
Sounds all-right to me. If it was fantasy I'd pick plot B.

I thought I responded to this earlier. I guess it didn't go through or something.

Anyway, I'm surprised. Plot B? Most people generally don't request that at all--almost every chooses Plot C. >xD LOL Dunno why, really, but heh.

Quote from: finewine on August 22, 2010, 12:11:41 AM
Sounds like you two have things in hand.  If you want to stop by my luau on my intro thread, please feel free to join in. :)

Awesome. I might have to check in on it. :3 Sounds fun!