Sometimes I just feel sick...

Started by Lilac, April 24, 2007, 03:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilac

"Barack the Magic Negro"

Not so much that this song was created, but that there are people out there who openly validate this.  A lot of people - look on other sites for it, they give it, Rush, and friends active support for what amounts to nothing more than trolltalking.  "Hurr hurr, thisn' is funneh!  Will piss the left right out off yep yep yip!"

Okay, I'm done >_>

Monica

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised at all. And really, I don't find the "parody" itself any more offending than the countless "parodies" of, say, President Bush. Granted, many of those are nearly as hateful in their deep-seeded bigotry and furtherment of geographical stereotype.

And while it's a horrible thing, there is little that can be done about it. Rush, in this era of XM Radio / Sirius, and all these new systems allowing us such a variety, has been pitted to nothing more than one of countless shock jocks. He's just more unsightly (than most), most influential (in a "seeding-further-ignorance" sort of way), and annoying.

Zakharra

As I understand it, Barak Obama doesn't mind it or find it offensive. Not even Rev. Al Sharpton finds it racist.  It was made in response to some articals written about Barak. One in particular in the LA Times that mentioned him as the 'magic negro'