Blood Oath: A Lost Girl AU Game (LGBTQA Friendly! Urban Fantasy! Accepting!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, July 11, 2014, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Blood Oath
A Lost Girl Alternate Universe

It is the year 2015 and in New York City, and the Light and the Dark are, as always, under a tenuous peace, the threat of war brewing always on the horizon. Barely-there whispers are circulating that tensions are mounting and there is a general fear and restlessness gripping both sides of the fae world. Unexpected alliances are being made, old ones broken. No one knows what it is, but one thing is for certain: something is coming. Will you be ready?

Game Information

Q: What forum section will the game take place in?
A: Extreme
Note: This is to allow for any and all plot possibilities. No player will ever be EXPECTED to partake in a scene/plot arc they are not comfortable with. All posts WILL be tagged for content and anything NonCon or Extreme will be spoilered.

Q: Who is the RP open to?
A: Any and All characters or players. We will not turn away anyone based on gender or sexuality or otherwise. All we ask is that you be respectful to other players and the GMs OOC.

Q: What is the general story/plot?
A: This is going to be a sandbox game set in the universe established in the Lost Girl TV series. This means that while there will be GM-introduced plots, the game will focus largely on the interaction between PCs. It will center around politics between the Light and the Dark fae, there will be mystery, backstabbing, coniving, love, death, betrayal... the sky is literally the limit.

Q: What is the genre/setting?
A: Urban Fantasy Set in New York City.

Q: What roles may player characters be?
A: Player characters can be almost anything their imaginations can dream up... from humans (both claimed and unclaimed), to creatures from myth and lore from all over the world. High ranking members of fae society (The Ash, The Morrigan, Elders, etc) are strictly off limits.

Q:What are the character creation guidelines?
A: If a player chooses to play a species established in the TV show, it is recommended that they reference the Lost Girl wiki (located here for information on that species. If the species does not appear in the series and no information is provided on the wiki, players are expected to type up a brief synopsis of the powers their character would have and provide links to any outside information so GMs can verify and provide insight as to how the species's power might work in the Lost Girl world. It is also stressed that unless the character concept provided is very good, chances are slim that we will accept an unclaimed human who has knowledge of the fae. We will also not accept any character concepts who have auto-death type abilities or who can exhibit extreme control over other characters (IE Vex-level Mesmers. We may be willing to accept toned down versions of these concepts though). Players may have up to 2 characters to start with.

Q: What about character connections?
A: Character connections are not only totally okay, they're encouraged! Ideally we would like to see players work out connections and relationships without the GMs having to hold their hand. 

Q: Will you be using a face claim list?
A: Yes. Players must post a face claim before they submit their sheet, and should reference the face claims thread to be sure they are not claiming one that is already listed. After one week if there hasn’t been any word on whether or not the sheet is still being worked on/submitted, the claim will be up for grabs again. Note: The sheet does not have to be DONE, but the GM(s) need(s) to know that it’s in the works.

Q: How NPC's will be handled?
A: Key NPCs (elders, the Waykeeeper, etc) will be under GM control and marked as such in any posts they are a part of. Most “background” and “filler” NPCs will be up for general use.

Q: Do we need any extra/outside information to play?
A: It is recommended that players watch at least a few episodes from the first season of Lost Girl to get a handle on how fae society works, however it is not required if the player is willing to do enough research on their own via wikis and googling. Aside from that, all you really need is an active imagination!

Q: What  is the pace of the game?
A: Game pacing will be fluid, however we would ask players to be able to post at least once per week, more if possible. Time will be set up in week-long intervals and scenes will be open to happen any time within that week long period, with special events such as holidays and the like possibly being run as the only available IC day for plot purposes

Q: How often do you want people to post?
A: Typically, we would like to see people posting at least once or twice a week, though obviously more posts are always welcome! Due to the fluid time pacing I’m not overly stressed out about people posting X number of times as long as they can meet the 1-2 post per week minimum.

We do ask is if you are getting in to a scene with a large number of characters please keep in mind everyone’s availability. If you can only post once every week but everyone else in the scene posts multiple times a day, work something out with them and make sure they know your availability.

Q:What type of sexual content do you expect/hope to see in the game?
A: Sexual content is open and any content allowed within E rules is permitted. However, it is stressed that players appropriately tag and spoiler any post with sexual content in their post. If a Non-Con scene is to happen, both parties must be in agreement to what is happening and all limits OOC must be respected. Any breaking of these rules will result in one warning before the player will be removed from the game. 

Q: Will there be a Co-GM?
A: Yes. Cerigo will be on board as Co-GM.

Q: How guided will the play be?
A: Largely sandbox, though GM(s) will regularly be putting plot arcs and events in to play for characters to react/interact with. Some of these arcs will be optional, some will be enforced game wide due to their severe nature.

Q: To what extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?  
A: As much as they deem necessary without metagaming.

Q: How active will the GM be?
A: Very. We are both online every day. If we aren't posting as the GMs, we should be lurking and/or posting IC. 

Q: Will there be an OOC thread? 
A: Yes! In fact, there will likely be two… one for general chatter and one for potting, GM questions, etc.

Q: How do I contact/approach GM with questions?
A: Until we have a dedicated IC-OOC thread, just posting here in this thread will do.

Q: How will IC decisions be resolved? 
A: We would prefer that for most minor arcs that only involve a couple of characters, the players figure it out themselves. If the plot arc has potential over-arcing effects that will impact a lot of people and/or the city as a whole, however, it should be brought to the GMs for approval/awareness. In most instances we won’t tell you no, but we do need to be aware of the big stuff.

If at any point a decision cannot be resolved between the players, please bring the issue to the GMs and we will do what we can to accommodate.

Q: Will PvP be allowed?
A: This isn’t a combat-centric game, but in the event that two characters decide to get in to a brawl or what have you, it is expected the players will sort out how the fight goes and what the results are on their own. If absolutely necessary the GMs can help make decisions regarding this, and it is expected that players will respect our final ruling in these situations.

Q: What about canon characters?
A: Canon characters are not up for grabs and will rarely, if ever, show up in the game. There is no unaligned succubus named Bo. If Dyson exists, he's just a cop in another city. The Blood King has been dead since shortly after he put an end to the last great war between the fae.

Rules

• Be respectful and considerate.
  • Leave OOC out of IC, and remember IC does not equal a player's OOC.
  • GM word is law. If you have issues with decisions made, voice them in PM.
  • Deal with conflict via PM's. Deal with conflict, don't let things bug you until you explode. Let the GM(s) in on what's happening if dealing with it doesn't seem to be working out. It’s perfectly fine to include the GM(s) from the start too.
  • All posts must use the provided game tag and must be tagged for content.
  • All non-con or extreme content must be spoilered in the post
  • Power game at your own risk. Just remember that no matter how big and bad your character is, there is always someone bigger willing to put the boot to them.
  • The above rules are subject to change at the GM's discretion.

Character Creation Guidelines

Character Creation Rules:

• No key players in fae society (Ash, Morrigan, Elders, etc) are available for play by the players.
  • Nearly any species in the show is available for play, save for any species with auto-kill abilities (such as Death Worms)
  • Species with the ability to control others (such as Mesmers) are heavily limited and will be tweaked to tone down their powers.
  • Succubi and Incubi are very rare and as such, their number will be heavily limited, allowing for only two.
  • Unaligned characters are available (limited to 2) but should be aware of the risks associated with being unaligned. No one is going to have Bo's power level and unaligned characters will be handled realistically. They will have no protection from either side and thus will also be considered "fair game" as much as a human might.
  • Unclaimed humans are available for play but most often will not have any knowledge of the Fae's existence.
  • Claimed humans are available though we will require extra information on their owner.
  • Species not seen in the show are available for play, but must be properly researched regarding strengths/powers/weaknesses and must be approved by the GMs
  • Half-breed fae are allowed but will be closely scrutinized and limited in power.
  • Human/Fae mating produces non-fae children.
[li]Once your sheet is complete, PM it to Cerigo.[/li][/list]
Sucubi/Incubi Available: 1/2
Unaligned Available: 2/2

Fae Character Sheet

~BASICS~

Name:
Alignment:
Role Within the Fae Community: (if any)
Education:
Hobbies:

How Do They View Humans?: Friends, Food, Chattal, Equals, Slaves, etc

~Appearance~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features:
Character Model:

~Indepth~

What Do They Feed Off Of?: All fae feed off of something human related... human blood, human emotions, human remains. Explain what your fae feeds off of.

Power(s):

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.

Personality: List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.

History: Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.

Connections: Family/Friends/Etc

Dislikes: Non-Sexual
Fears&Phobias: No one is fearless. Specify at least one.
O/Os: A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged

Fae Sheet Code

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]BASICS[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Species[/b]:
[b]Alignment[/b]:
[b]Occupation[/b]:
[b]Role Within the Fae Community[/b]: (if any)
[b]Education[/b]:
[b]Hobbies[/b]:

[b]How Do They View Humans?[/b]: [i]Friends, Food, Chattal, Equals, Slaves, etc[/i]

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Appearance[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Indepth[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]What Do They Feed Off Of?[/b]: [i]All fae feed off of something human related... human blood, human emotions, human remains. Explain what your fae feeds off of.[/i]

[b]Power(s)[/b]:

[b]Strengths[/b]:

[b]Weaknesses[/b]: [i]Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.[/i]

[b]Personality[/b]: [i]List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.[/i]

[b]History[/b]: [i]Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.[/i]

[b]Connections[/b]: [i]Family/Friends/Etc[/i]

[b]Likes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Dislikes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Fears&Phobias[/b]: [i]No one is fearless. Specify at least one.[/i]
[b]O/Os[/b]: [i]A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged[/i]

Human Character Sheet
~BASICS~

Name:
Claimed By:
Education:
Hobbies:

How Do They View Fae?: Fear, Friendship, Curiosity, etc

~Appearance~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features:
Character Model:

~Indepth~

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.

Personality: List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.

History: Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.

Connections: Family/Friends/Etc

Dislikes: Non-Sexual
Fears&Phobias: No one is fearless. Specify at least one.
O/Os: A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged

Human Sheet Code
[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]BASICS[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Claimed/Unclaimed[/b]:
[b]Claimed By[/b]:
[b]Occupation[/b]:
[b]Education[/b]:
[b]Hobbies[/b]:

[b]How Do They View Fae?[/b]: [i]Fear, Friendship, Curiosity, etc[/i]

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Appearance[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Indepth[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]Strengths[/b]:

[b]Weaknesses[/b]: [i]Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.[/i]

[b]Personality[/b]: [i]List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.[/i]

[b]History[/b]: [i]Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.[/i]

[b]Connections[/b]: [i]Family/Friends/Etc[/i]

[b]Likes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Dislikes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Fears&Phobias[/b]: [i]No one is fearless. Specify at least one.[/i]
[b]O/Os[/b]: [i]A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged[/i]

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Sephora

I would love to play!  I'd also be interested in co-gming.  I love Lost Girl (though I've only finished season 3).  I've recently got back into group games, and I think this could be a lot of fun if we got enough interest and some quality players. 

Bloodied Porcelain

I've gotten several nibbles from people outside the thread. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Sephora

Bloodied Porcelain

Cerigo

I am not diffi-oh wait... I see what you did there...

Curses! I fell right in for it.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Bloodied Porcelain

Sephora

Well that's three then that I know of.  How many other pms did you receive?

Bloodied Porcelain

Three tentative. One more that asked for the link but I don't know if she's seen it yet.

Sephora

Alright, well then that's a tentative 5.  If some people are interested in playing multiple characters, then that's a pretty good number.

Do you normally do any kind of vetting process in your group games?

Bloodied Porcelain

I usually have people submit their sheets and unless I already know them, I browse through their post history to determine whether or not I think they'd work out with the rest of the group in terms of style.

midnight diamond

*squee!* Ermahgerd! Me me me! I loooove Lost Girl! I'd love to be involved in a Lost Girl group game! ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

Excellent! I'm going to try to start compiling info this weekend for the RP. Get a more solid idea of what I'd like to see the game be written out and provide enough info that watching the show won't be something people have to do, though I'd of course always suggest that they do so. ;)

midnight diamond

Phobetor

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 11, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Three tentative. One more that asked for the link but I don't know if she's seen it yet.

Why must you make me fall for your tricks?! ;)
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

undisclosedtoyou

Consider me interested!  I have no idea what kind of character I'd make though, since there are just sooo many options!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 12, 2014, 05:57:38 PM
Why must you make me fall for your tricks?! ;)

*maniacal giggles*

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 12, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
Consider me interested!  I have no idea what kind of character I'd make though, since there are just sooo many options!

Yay Dis!

AndyZ

One of the issues I see: aren't Light and Dark pretty decently separated?  You'd either want to keep everyone on the same side or else deal with half the players having issues interacting with each other.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

VonDoom

Hmm. I'm not quite current in regards to the show, so I'm probably missing quite a few fey shown in later episodes, but I do like mythology and folklore very much. So consider me another interested party.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Bloodied Porcelain

I have been fighting a killer migraine today but I'm slowly working on stuff. Sorry this is taking a bit guys. :(

Aiden

I am planting my flag of interest here, I am only 4 episodes in but I am enjoying it.

I am leaning towards werewolf but I want to see more of the Fae before I pick one.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on July 13, 2014, 02:35:48 PM
I am planting my flag of interest here, I am only 4 episodes in but I am enjoying it.

I am leaning towards werewolf but I want to see more of the Fae before I pick one.

F**k you I was thinking of creating a werewolf!  Skjnfdjknfjdn, now I'm gonna think up something else, because I don't want your uncoolness rubbing off on me! :P

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM
I have been fighting a killer migraine today but I'm slowly working on stuff. Sorry this is taking a bit guys. :(

It's okay!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

midnight diamond

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

No worries, BP. <3 Feel better!

Bloodied Porcelain

I've updated the first post with more info/character sheets. Please feel to PM or ask questions here.

Flower

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

I just have a quick question, and feel free to tell me to fuck off for asking, hun.

But why do we need to spoiler all NC and extreme content, when it's in the Extreme section?  I figure, yeah it's because maybe some players won't be comfy cozy with it; but wouldn't agreeing to being in a game that's located in the extreme section sort of imply that they're okay with extreme content?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloodied Porcelain

We put the game in the Extreme section so that all content allowed under E rules is allowed in the game (let's face it, the fae aren't usually nice people so extreme stuff is bound to happen), but some people may want to join but would be put off by having to possibly read NC and EX content. Spoilering and tagging the posts ensures that people who don't want to partake can still be in the game without having to read anything they're not comfortable with.

midnight diamond

Makes sense. But wouldn't tagging the posts themselves, which we're supposed to do, inform those who don't wish to see that sort of content to just skip past it from the beginning?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: midnight diamond on July 13, 2014, 09:23:59 PM
Makes sense. But wouldn't tagging the posts themselves, which we're supposed to do, inform those who don't wish to see that sort of content to just skip past it from the beginning?

It's safer to spoiler them, prevents any possibility that someone might end up reading something that triggers not great things for them.

midnight diamond

Bloodied Porcelain

For those who may be wondering, I will be playing The Boudicca (NYC's version of The Morrigan) and Cerigo will be handling The Elder (NYC's version of The Ash). They will both be NPCs so in most instances won't show up except for important Dark/Light events and plot stuff. If you have any questions regarding either side you can approach either of us, but Cerigo will be handling most Light-Oriented questions and I will be handling most Dark-Oriented ones.

Cerigo will also be playing the Waykeeper as one of his main characters, so should you have any questions regarding the Waypoint or any such thing he will most likely be the one answering them.

For those who are curious about the races that we are currently going to be using for our NPCs/PCs:

I have reserved one of the Sucubus slots, and also plan to make an Alkonost. Cerigo has plans for an ice dragon and an earth elemental type

It should also be noted that there is now a list of all the threads currently made in the first post of this thread. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Another update since we are starting to recieve character sheets:

There is a write up on the difference between The Light, The Dark, and Under Fae here. Cerigo is working on writing out descriptions for the different territories in NYC and who holds what. I will also be working on information on fae society, holidays, etc as well and will announce when it is finished.

Cerigo

If it all goes well, I hope to have the outline descriptions and territory marked on a map.

On and Offs
Ideas

AndyZ

One of the things I have to worry about, though, and it may have been mentioned and I just missed it.  How will we deal with spoilers for this?  I have a plan for a particular type of creature from Season 3, but how do I put it down without letting people know all about that thing if they haven't watched that far in yet?  Similarly, I tend not to get to see the episodes until they show on Syfy, so will I have to worry about spoilers myself?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloodied Porcelain

We will be borrowing creatures but no big story points from the show. Unfortunately this does mean that some of the creatures may be spoiled for those who haven't seen those episodes, but the story will in no way go through the events of the show.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 14, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Plants my lilttle flag of interest  ::)

Squeeeeee :D

Also... Fae society stuff is up and finished, as well as entries on The Light, The Dark, and Under Fae.

Bloodied Porcelain

I just finished the sheet for The Boudicca. :D Just waiting on Cerigo to give it a look over and approve so I can post her up ^.^

AmberStarfire

I'm definitely interested in playing in the game.

I've seen 3 seasons of the show so far, though it was a few years back now. I have them all so can re-watch them. I have light and dark fae characters already created that I played on another site, but I'm not sure I'd want to play them again. Maybe I would create someone new. I think perhaps a dark fae. Will you allow a mesmer character?

Bloodied Porcelain

I've already got a mesmer in play (see The Boudicca's sheet) but we'd be willing to consider another mesmer depending upon the character. Given that mesmers were hunted to near-extinction the back story behind a mesmer would have to be VERY good.

AmberStarfire

I don't want to create a sheet unless I know I can play the concept first. However, I have played a mesmer before. I can send you my character's old sheet if you like and it might give you some idea of how I played her and how I approached her being a mesmer?

Bloodied Porcelain

Well given mesmers only really have one power, I'm not worried about how you played her, I'm more interested in how you explain her surviving the near total destruction of the mesmer species by the Una Mens and their hunters.

AmberStarfire

Flower

AmberStarfire

Thanks DF. I think I will, as it seems to be cool with BP.

Bloodied Porcelain

:) If anyone knows others they would like to have in on this, please feel free to give them a nudge and invite them along. ^.^

AmberStarfire

So BP, does this mean I can play that mesmer or do I need to submit a new sheet first before you and Cerigo decide? :D

Bloodied Porcelain

You are allowed to play the concept you asked about, but yes we do still need to see a sheet before she can be 100% approved ;)

AmberStarfire

Bloodied Porcelain

w00t w00t! I just sent Cerigo my Delphi Oracle NPC sheet. At least now I know my NPCs are done and I can start on my PCs whenever the inspiration hits. :D

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bloodied Porcelain

Yay Ames! :D

For those waiting to hear from us about sheets, we will be getting replies out tomorrows. I was gonna try to do it tonight but I's so tiiiiired x.x

Bloodied Porcelain

We are currently getting rather heavy on the concepts for dark fae and would love to see more light fae concepts being proposed/submitted. :)

Kuroneko

Bloodied Porcelain

It definitely does! I'm planning to make my succubus a light fae. :)

AmberStarfire

My revised sheet is done. *Stretches out in dark fae fashion on the nearest red velvet lounge*

Flower

AmberStarfire

Flower

Kuroneko

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Dancing flower on July 22, 2014, 08:40:45 PM
We're both dark fae, Ambers!

-sets a fire in a human city-

>:)

*Holds a random human in place as the blaze spreads behind them. She won't let them burn - she'll just do this long enough to freak them out and drain a little energy. As they run off, she'll examine her nails and watch the city burn.*

(Nothing to worry about, BP and Cerigo!). ;)

Flower

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 22, 2014, 08:44:36 PM
I need to even start mine *hangs head in shame*

Aww, plenty of time! Are you making a male or female?  :-)

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 22, 2014, 08:49:33 PM
*Holds a random human in place as the blaze spreads behind them. She won't let them burn - she'll just do this long enough to freak them out and drain a little energy. As they run off, she'll examine her nails and watch the city burn.*

(Nothing to worry about, BP and Cerigo!). ;)

I daresay my girlie would let them burn and then eat their charred remains. Oooh, crispy.   ;D

AmberStarfire

They say pork is the closest meat in general consumption to human flesh. Long pork bacon. What is she (or is that a secret)?

*Smiles innocently and wonders what Kuro has planned for her character*

Cerigo

*goes through the check list* Dark... Dark... Dark....

Hey is that a tumble weed on the light side? Sweet double the population!

Also offering bribes for people willing to defect. We have brownies.

On and Offs
Ideas

Flower

Cerigo

I would try to dance but I only have three veils, I can't do a dance of three veils. Seven or bust.

On and Offs
Ideas

Kuroneko

Quote from: Dancing flower on July 22, 2014, 08:52:23 PM
Aww, plenty of time! Are you making a male or female?  :-)

Female ;)

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 22, 2014, 08:56:31 PM

*Smiles innocently and wonders what Kuro has planned for her character*

::)  8-)

Quote from: Cerigo on July 22, 2014, 10:21:09 PM
*goes through the check list* Dark... Dark... Dark....

Hey is that a tumble weed on the light side? Sweet double the population!

Also offering bribes for people willing to defect. We have brownies.

noms Cerigo ... I mean, his brownies ;)

Aiden

Bloodied Porcelain

Good morning lovelies! I'm all caught up on my IC posts in my other games (freaking w00t!) on here, so hopefully I'll have my succubus sheet done and have replies out to people on the sheets we get in in fairly short order :)

Amelita

BTwin, if you're too heavy on the dark side, I can easily make my babies light and by default that one of yours too. Just say the word.

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

AmberStarfire

I found this image during my morning tumblrings. This lady has succubus eyes!
(I'm not sure if it would be useful to anyone?)
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1l5k3C2gk1qm86t3o1_500.jpg

Bloodied Porcelain

These are the numbers as they stand:

Dark:
The Boudicca (NPC)
The Oracle (NPC, though technically more neutral than anything)
DF's Girl
Midnight's Girl
Amber's Girl

Light:
The Elder (NPC)
The Waykeeper (technically more neutral)
BP's Succubus
Aidan's boy
Kuroneko's girl

As of right now the numbers are actually fairly even, not including Ame's Boy and Girl and my Alkonost, who will tip the scales in favor of whichever side we go with.

AmberStarfire

Bloodied Porcelain

Ame is working on a boy, and Koka has a boy reserved. Beyond that it will depend on if we get more guys interested, I suppose.

AmberStarfire

I have a male NPC I made up for another Lost Girl game, but he was the brother of my other character. I could perhaps adapt him into a male PC, but I'm just reluctant to take on too much more right now. He was a light fae werewolf.

I can ask around among some of my friends and see if anyone else is interested in joining.

Bloodied Porcelain

Correction, Ame has switched to playing two guys instead of a guy and a girl. xD

AmberStarfire

Amelita

With the glaring lack of dick in the game, I'm changing my boy and girl duo to two guys.

I have no fun playing girlies in games where there's competition over a couple of males' attention, so this is better :P

I'm keeping the same concepts, BTwin, just genderbending the Phoenix one.

I'm kinda thinking twins.

Bloodied Porcelain

Updated:

Dark:
The Boudicca (NPC)
The Oracle (NPC, though technically more neutral than anything)
DF's Girl
Midnight's Girl
Amber's Girl
Amelita's Boys (2)
BP's Alkonost
Total PCs: 6

Light:
The Elder (NPC)
The Waykeeper (technically more neutral)
BP's Succubus
Aidan's boy
Kuroneko's girl
Total PCs: 4

I've sent out a PM to Sephora to see if she's still interested, so hopefully we'll hear something soon and can figure out what side she plans to go to. I'm also waiting to see if midnight diamond is still interested, as I haven't heard anything for a bit from her.

AmberStarfire

Agreed about the male thing.

I just sent a PM to one of my friends (I don't think Lost Girl is really his thing, but *fingers crossed*). I figure Gwynn is bi, but women won't help the long-term survival of the mesmer race.

Bloodied Porcelain

Oddly enough, Morgana doesn't give a shit about the survival of the mesmer race, given her history. She gave birth to one of the most powerful of her kind and then was forced to kill him to save her twin brother. Something that never would have happened if her grandfather hadn't been obsessed with "saving" their kind. x.x

AmberStarfire

So I guess that means at least one dark fae mesmer man is kicking about (please don't be Vex!!) LOL

It's a pity Morgana had to kill her son. Gwynn doesn't treat it as a priority, but she has a lot of reason to think about these things right now. Mainly, she's just focused on living life her way.

Bloodied Porcelain

As of right now, there aren't any mesmer males, though there probably won't be any more mesmers at all as they're a rare species and I don't want to over populate the game with them. It's rare to find one mesmer, let alone two in the same city.

AmberStarfire

Okay. Maybe I'll just have Gwynn plan to take a trip 'out of town' when 'certain events that shalln't be discussed here' are over with, but that won't be in the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, she'll be her usual self.

Bloodied Porcelain

AmberStarfire

Friend declined. I'll think of some other friends to ask.

Aiden

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 08:39:41 AM
Reminder

Please remember to get your face claims up here.

Will do, but won't get to the sheet till I am done with season 3, almost done with it. Maybe by this weekend it will be up.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aiden on July 23, 2014, 03:41:10 PM
Will do, but won't get to the sheet till I am done with season 3, almost done with it. Maybe by this weekend it will be up.

No problem ;) I know sheets are time consuming, but we have several people I know have settled on faces or submitted sheets and just haven't bothered posting claims, so... xD

AmberStarfire

Season 4, episode 1. Watch that after watching season 3. Trust me on this.

Bloodied Porcelain

Phobetor

I can do a light fae male! Will work on a character sheet as soon as I boot up the lappy top
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Bloodied Porcelain

Kokaine

I'm hoping to have one of each >.>

Any preference for which side my male is on?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

AmberStarfire

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kokaine on July 23, 2014, 06:29:21 PM
I'm hoping to have one of each >.>

Any preference for which side my male is on?

Light if you want him to have a good chance of being with your kryptonite ;)

Kokaine

My O/Os

Rogue

Sooo, as I kinda psuedo expressed to BP I have some interest in this game. :)

Perhaps a Kitsune? I'm familiar with the lore and would be happy with her being either dark or light side fae. Already have a face in mind too... >///<

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 23, 2014, 06:34:37 PM
Sooo, as I kinda psuedo expressed to BP I have some interest in this game. :)

Perhaps a Kitsune? I'm familiar with the lore and would be happy with her being either dark or light side fae. Already have a face in mind too... >///<

As long as the kitsune is the way they're described in the show, I'd be fine with that. :)

Rogue

I'll have to go check up on their lore and see how contrary it runs >.>

Bloodied Porcelain

Rogue

Already checked it out. Yeah... There's really not enough there for me to be sure. I don't mind the glamour bits. Would like to know their true form, which isn't even mentioned.... Honestly they haven't really got a lot of information on them. I do know mine wouldn't be demented... hmmmmm....

I think I'm just going to have to search around the wiki and figure out something that fits better, because honestly their portrayal isn't what I was thinking...

Flower

What were you thinking about? Maybe I can pluck my brain strings and come up with something more suitable within that canon.  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

Bear in mind in situations like with the Kitsune, where very little information is given in the cannon, we're willing to let people embellish a little. There were four kitsune in the show and only the one was demented, though the other three were like... wicked smart but perpetual college students so slightly annoying. >.>

Rogue

I was thinking shapeshifting trickster with a base human form with fox like features, meaning tails and ears, as well. It just doesn't work with the baseline information given for Kitsune. I honestly hadn't remembered seeing them or I wouldn't have said it. lol.

Will browse the wiki some and find something that fits closely enough. I am feeling something more on the trickster side as far as wanting ideas goes. :)

Amelita

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 07:02:24 PM
Bear in mind in situations like with the Kitsune, where very little information is given in the cannon, we're willing to let people embellish a little. There were four kitsune in the show and only the one was demented, though the other three were like... wicked smart but perpetual college students so slightly annoying. >.>

^thank gods, or my two ideas would go down the drain ::)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 23, 2014, 07:11:36 PM
I was thinking shapeshifting trickster with a base human form with fox like features, meaning tails and ears, as well. It just doesn't work with the baseline information given for Kitsune. I honestly hadn't remembered seeing them or I wouldn't have said it. lol.

Will browse the wiki some and find something that fits closely enough. I am feeling something more on the trickster side as far as wanting ideas goes. :)

Ah, yeah in the cannon they didn't have foxy features, and it wouldn't fit anyway, because that isn't something they could hide from humans, so they'd be considered underfae at that point. Only fae who can pass for human are able to go light or dark, all others are under fae and considered "lesser" creatures

Rogue

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 07:14:51 PM
Ah, yeah in the cannon they didn't have foxy features, and it wouldn't fit anyway, because that isn't something they could hide from humans, so they'd be considered underfae at that point. Only fae who can pass for human are able to go light or dark, all others are under fae and considered "lesser" creatures

Yeah, I consider the ability to shapeshift to include taking away those features. Meaning they'd be capable of passing as humans IMO.

Kokaine

Why not just do a shapeshifter whose other form is a fox? Its hinted at that there are all sort of shifters.

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Or if you're specifically looking for a trickster type, I think there's a gaelic type of fae associated with crows or some such that are tricksters though I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

AmberStarfire

Rogue

That sounds like an idea.

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 07:23:25 PM
Or if you're specifically looking for a trickster type, I think there's a gaelic type of fae associated with crows or some such that are tricksters though I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

hmmmmmmmmm.... That sounds interesting... *likes this concept as well*

Amelita

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 07:23:25 PM

It was just Crow I think. They were Huginn and Muninn (Odin's ravens from norse myths) and others of a total 7. Nasty buggers :P

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Amelita on July 23, 2014, 08:07:35 PM
It was just Crow I think. They were Huginn and Muninn (Odin's ravens from norse myths) and others of a total 7. Nasty buggers :P

But aren't Huginn and Muninn Thought and Memory though? I could have sworn there was a specifically gaelic type associated with them. FML why does my memory have to be such shite? >.<

Bloodied Porcelain

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier... why not play a Loki?

Note: Ignore the bit about the entire species being dark fae. That seems highly unlikely, given they only have one show up in the show.

Rogue

Yes. Hella yes. I'ma play a Loki. *Grins* Will have to work on a character sheet. I can't guarantee that I'll have one up until I get back on monday though. *going on vacation this weekend*

I do have a face in mind.... though I'm honestly only partially sure how it works. Natalie Dormer alright?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 23, 2014, 08:44:28 PM
Yes. Hella yes. I'ma play a Loki. *Grins* Will have to work on a character sheet. I can't guarantee that I'll have one up until I get back on monday though. *going on vacation this weekend*

I do have a face in mind.... though I'm honestly only partially sure how it works. Natalie Dormer alright?

I don't believe Natalie is claimed so you can feel free to claim her now, that way no one claims her while you're working on your sheet/gone on vacation. ^.^

Your claim should look like this:

Natalie Dormer looks just like A Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff Girl
[font=georgia][b]Natalie Dormer[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]A Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff Girl[/i][/color][/font]

Kuroneko

Just sticking it out there that my gal is based on Japanese myth, since I stuck my face claim up today  ::).

Rogue

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 23, 2014, 08:53:37 PM
Just sticking it out there that my gal is based on Japanese myth, since I stuck my face claim up today  ::).

I look forward to seeing her! :D

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 23, 2014, 08:53:58 PM
Did I do it right?

Perfect!

Rogue

Well then I'm off to finish stuff for leaving. Will have sheet up hopefully monday. :D

Amelita

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 23, 2014, 08:10:32 PM
But aren't Huginn and Muninn Thought and Memory though? I could have sworn there was a specifically gaelic type associated with them. FML why does my memory have to be such shite? >.<
That is what they represent in norse mythology, yes, and they were ravens but not crows. The guys in the show had those names and odin was mentioned regardless. Like the valkyrie, the show takes quite a  bit of creative license ::)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Amelita on July 24, 2014, 07:46:32 AM
That is what they represent in norse mythology, yes, and they were ravens but not crows. The guys in the show had those names and odin was mentioned regardless. Like the valkyrie, the show takes quite a  bit of creative license ::)

See, I didn't even put those two together with THE Huginn and Munnin. I just figured they were a tribute type of thing than the actual figuress so I just kind of ignored them. And I wouldn't exactly call them trickster types. I mean yeah they use deception to try to get rid of Bo, but they're hardly playful at all or even chaotic. Mostly they're just bland, evil cowards. >.> Lokis are definitely the most definite tricksters in the show, imo.

Amelita

Bloodied Porcelain

Not sure if anyone noticed, but sometime in the past week or two, season 4 of Lost Girl has been made available on Netflix. =/ Where was this stuff when I was watching it two to three weeks ago?!

Bloodied Porcelain

If you have not gotten a reply to a sheet you sent in, we apologize. You should be hearing back from us sometime today.

Kokaine

I'm still working on my Light Fae Bacchus but... my young dark fae girlie has been approved (and posted) and could use, well, one main connection for now.

Shay doesn't know much about the Fae, like at all. However, she's has a dark fae mentor figure that sort of taught her some of the basics and in a way coerced her into pledging dark after stumbling upon her. The motivations for why they would bother with her at all are completely open but yeah, I am looking for another character who might be interested in filling that role.

My O/Os

CurvyKitten

peeks~ I knew it was bad for me to check out the wanted threads....~is tempted sooo....tempted~

Cerigo

How can you not be tempted? Plenty of room, I here the water is quite fine...

Don't have to take it from me you should just see some of the characters already approved.

On and Offs
Ideas

The Golden Touch

I hate Aiden, I hate Aiden.... >~<;;;

-marks herself as interested and goes to read the wiki for ideas-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aiden

Pretty in Pink

Hnghyah!  *bookmarks*  I'll see what I can come up with after I move into my new house this weekend.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Rogue

Bloodied Porcelain

The Golden Touch

I'm waffling between Fury/Valkyrie for my first character, and some type of cat criminal girl thing for the second.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: The Golden Touch on July 28, 2014, 07:13:29 AM
I'm waffling between Fury/Valkyrie for my first character, and some type of cat criminal girl thing for the second.

We have a cat-type fae in at the moment, though she's not a criminal, just fyi. You're than welcome to make one anyway, of course, just a heads up if you're looking to be unique from others.

The Golden Touch

I'll figure something out. It'll take me a little bit, but I've been scanning the wiki tonight. The cat thing wasn't set, just the first character model.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Cerigo on July 28, 2014, 01:31:54 AM
How can you not be tempted? Plenty of room, I here the water is quite fine...

Don't have to take it from me you should just see some of the characters already approved.

If or some reason have the idea for a brownie that just entertains me to no end. Though I'm afraid she'd just be walked over or something.

I've looked over the wiki and there are some interesting ideas, Luduan, nymph, Vampire, possibly a mermaid(maybe with a twist so she doesn't have to do the whole leg stealing thing cause you...that's just icky...and rude:P)

Bloodied Porcelain

Remember that brownies take their revenge for being abused quite easily... Food begins to rot around them, the house they're usually in charge of is left in disrepair and is usually a sty... etc. ;)

That said, I'd rather not change the mermaid bit. A minor tweak might be possible, but over all the leg stealing thing is something so intrical to them in the cannon I don't want to change it as an over all "rule" for the species.

Rogue

Yeah brownies ate highly respected by the family they close choose or they will essentially destroy them until respected.

Edit: damn phone.

AmberStarfire

Brownies can make very fun characters. I think one that was NPC'd in another game was up there on the list of most entertaining characters ever.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 28, 2014, 10:05:50 AM
Remember that brownies take their revenge for being abused quite easily... Food begins to rot around them, the house they're usually in charge of is left in disrepair and is usually a sty... etc. ;)

That said, I'd rather not change the mermaid bit. A minor tweak might be possible, but over all the leg stealing thing is something so intrical to them in the cannon I don't want to change it as an over all "rule" for the species.

Yeah there isn't much about them power wise on the wiki so I wasn't really sure. I've been looking up stuff on them and as always the net has about a hundred or so different legends :P I see stuff like, rotting fruit, size change, a blinking (short teleporting basically, POOF WHAT DO YOU NEED, POOF WHAT DO YOU NEED LOLZ), and this uncanny ability to fix just about anything or how to do any house hold chore, I've read them doing anything from cobbling shoes, to fixing a house and doing the windows and laundry :P. And they apparently find anything mainly because they love shopping so much. On their current ah...employers dime of course :P

I'll pass on the mermaid then, I was thinking more of a half breed and playing up some of the other legends out there about them.

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 28, 2014, 10:11:51 AM
Yeah brownies ate highly respected by the family they close choose or they will essentially destroy them until respected.

Edit: damn phone.
Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 28, 2014, 10:13:09 AM
Brownies can make very fun characters. I think one that was NPC'd in another game was up there on the list of most entertaining characters ever.

Yeah that is why it seems so entertaining, when she is happy she is all sweet and willing to help. And then you forget to bring home her honey snacks... >:)

AmberStarfire

Amelita

Working on my twins at the moment, hoping to get them shipped in for review within the next hour ^^

And yay more girlies to play with  >:)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 28, 2014, 10:26:45 AM
If you play one, I totally want a scene with your brownie.

hehe I am really think brownie, it entertains me far to much.  I keep thinking of tinkerbell when I think of her. one moment all helpful and happy they next all angry Tink spiking your drinks and stealing your thimbles :P

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 28, 2014, 10:23:58 AM
On their current ah...employers dime of course :P
I'll pass on the mermaid then, I was thinking more of a half breed and playing up some of the other legends out there about them.

Technically, the show never said Bo and Kenzie had to pay for the things their Brownie brought. In fact, I'm fairly positive they didn't because there's no way Kenzie would have been able to afford the things their Brownie brought home for her. xD

And we're not allowing half breeds anyway. ;) It's established in the cannon that it's incredibly rare that any fae are born with powers from both parents if their parents are different species. Bo is pretty much the only one that I know of off the top of my head. Even Hale and his sister get their powers from one or the other of their parents.

Quote from: Amelita on July 28, 2014, 10:29:25 AM
Working on my twins at the moment, hoping to get them shipped in for review within the next hour ^^

And yay more girlies to play with  >:)

Squee! That means I can work on my Alkonost!

AmberStarfire

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 28, 2014, 10:37:02 AM
hehe I am really think brownie, it entertains me far to much.  I keep thinking of tinkerbell when I think of her. one moment all helpful and happy they next all angry Tink spiking your drinks and stealing your thimbles :P

Well that sounds terrifying.. in a good way. There are sprites as well in Lost Girl, but I don't remember seeing one. Just.. *mumbles something so spoilers are not said.*

I bet it would really irritate a brownie if someone tried to use mesmer powers on her and failed.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 28, 2014, 10:39:08 AM
Technically, the show never said Bo and Kenzie had to pay for the things their Brownie brought. In fact, I'm fairly positive they didn't because there's no way Kenzie would have been able to afford the things their Brownie brought home for her. xD

And we're not allowing half breeds anyway. ;) It's established in the cannon that it's incredibly rare that any fae are born with powers from both parents if their parents are different species. Bo is pretty much the only one that I know of off the top of my head. Even Hale and his sister get their powers from one or the other of their parents.

Squee! That means I can work on my Alkonost!

So the brownies are either really secretly rich, or really really good thief's, or just good at talking people into giving them things? lols

AmberStarfire

CurvyKitten

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 28, 2014, 10:41:35 AM
Well that sounds terrifying.. in a good way. There are sprites as well in Lost Girl, but I don't remember seeing one. Just.. *mumbles something so spoilers are not said.*

I bet it would really irritate a brownie if someone tried to use mesmer powers on her and failed.

Yeah I never actually saw a sprite in the show, and OHHH that would be so...~brownie sees red~

Quote from: AmberStarfire on July 28, 2014, 10:43:49 AM
Maybe they can make stuff.. or there is a brownie warehouse.

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT! ~ she shrugs~ i have my ways :P

AmberStarfire

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 28, 2014, 10:48:47 AM
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT! ~ she shrugs~ i have my ways :P

Oh.. *edits*.. duh. My brain is slow to start today.

I like that idea!

Strifesblaze7

Still taking new people? Not caught up on the show but I enjoy it.
Is there a point where nobody cares

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on July 28, 2014, 11:50:10 AM
Still taking new people? Not caught up on the show but I enjoy it.

Yep! And we need more guys so yay!

Amelita

OMG I'm having so much fun with this history.

If anyone has ties into like, early european history, PM me if you want connections! xD

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Amelita on July 28, 2014, 12:34:48 PM

If anyone has ties into like, early european history, PM me if you want connections! xD

Morgana does, but I think her time might have been before your boys', given she went in to hiding for a long time.

Strifesblaze7

Well. I was considering a wolf like Dyson. That okay? Or maybe a fire based fae if you have enough wolves.

Bloodied Porcelain

At this point we have a fire elemental that's been accepted and a wolf type that is being created. If you're willing to not be the only one, you're welcome to make either type, though if you're looking to make something that is unique you might have to think outside those options. :)

Strifesblaze7

I don't mind not being the only one. I'll check the lore and see what I like best.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Amelita on July 28, 2014, 12:34:48 PM

Can't a nice bakeneko just like your boys?  ::)

Amelita

Pretty in Pink

Just glancing at things for now, I don't expect to have my sheet started until next Monday.  But I was actually looking at Leanan Sidhe.  I didn't see one on the approved character list, so I'm assuming I'm the only one at the moment?  I'm fine with more than one, but yeah.  There's likely to be clashes if there's more than one, just because that's competition for food sources.  XD

AmberStarfire

There are 2 leanan sidhe in my character's family (Gwynn's mother and sister). Both are light fae though (whereas she's dark) and have only minimal interactions with my character anymore.

I'm not sure about PCs.

Pretty in Pink

Bah.  Dark Leanen Sidhe.  They forget who the oldest Leanen Sidhe is.  ALL HAIL THE MORRIGAN!

XD  People can probably guess where mine's allegiances will be.

AmberStarfire

Welcome, we have cookies and chocolate cake, not to mention the BEST parties.

Kuroneko

Rogue

Okay, so I couldn't really write like I wanted to on the plane/at the airport. I'm honestly used to longer flights for such things so that was bad planning on my part. I'll have a sheet tomorrow though for sure. *is planning on getting all caught up*

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on July 28, 2014, 09:25:35 PM
Okay, so I couldn't really write like I wanted to on the plane/at the airport. I'm honestly used to longer flights for such things so that was bad planning on my part. I'll have a sheet tomorrow though for sure. *is planning on getting all caught up*

Take your time. I have a number of sheets to read tomorrow and I'm still working on my own, so you have time. xD

Bloodied Porcelain

Replies should have gone out to all of the pending sheets, I believe. Please let me know if I missed yours.

Amelita

Alight, my boys are all posted up nice and tidy!

Anyone wishing for connections, PM me.

Kuroneko

Okie dokie, my bakeneko is posted.  If anyone would like connections, feel free to PM me ;)

Rogue

So I've got most of the sheet, just fleshing out the history. Spent more time out and about than I expected too. Just giving an update. I know there's no specific hurry.

((I also may have chosen to make her light aligned so I have to put more effort into creating a believable backstory than I originally expected I would.))

The Golden Touch

I finally nailed down my first character, a Baku. Though, reading up on the idea for Valkyrie felt too powerful... So a Fury was my next choice. Was anyone else making one, because I know they're suppose to have sisters.

Bloodied Porcelain

As far as I know, there's no one planning to make a Fury, though we have several people who haven't committed to a second character yet, so perhaps one will pop up when they hear you're looking. ;)

The Golden Touch

Thanks, BP. I'm working on my Baku at the moment, and I'll do some whoo-whoo (insert finger wiggling here) shit with my Fury profile until someone has interest.

Bloodied Porcelain

I need to finally get my succubus worked on. *looks at her to do list which never seems to get any smaller and sighs*

The Golden Touch

I feel you... I realized today that I've committed myself to three, soon to be four, group games with one or more characters (sometimes three!) and a plethora of solos that cycle through faster than I realize.

Bloodied Porcelain

LOL I don't really have that problem with my solos (currently) as I've been doing really well about staying on top of posting. The problem is, keeping up my turn around time to within 48 hours has meant cutting in to my time usually spent on discussing new ideas, working on sheets, etc. Monday I ended up owing 10 posts. Wrote them all and started to chip away at my list of misc stuff that I needed to do... yesterday I owed 7. Today I'm currently at 3. Hopefully it stays that low and I can finish my sheet for Classic X-Men (which is half finished anyway so shouldn't take long to do) and send out PMs to potential/current partners about ongoing discussions before I start on my succubus. I feel like no matter how much I get done, there's always something else to do! x.x

And sometime while I'm working on all this other stuff, I need to find time to force my muse to let me plot my auction stuff.  ::)

Kokaine

For those that might be hovering about considering joining but not have a concrete idea, I am looking for a dark fae mentor/manipulator for my character Shay (her sheet is HERE). She doesn't currently know much about the Fae, like at all. The motivations for why they would bother with her at all are completely open but yeah, I am looking for another character who might be interested in filling that role.

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Strifesblaze7

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on August 05, 2014, 04:40:38 PM
I'm still in for this. Just can't come up with a good idea..

There are quizzes out there that you could try, though I don't think this is a Lost Girl one:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_kind_of_fae_are_you_1

Kokaine

This game needs more boys! *sets out a plate of girl... shaped cookies* >.>

My O/Os

Kuroneko

Kokaine

My O/Os

Flower

Kokaine

My O/Os

Flower

Because we're running out of popsicles.  >:)

And that's enough from me. -goes back to her corner and behaves-  O:)

Kokaine

Yes... yes, what she said... about the popsicles I mean. *laughs and steals DF's fake halo*

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

We could definitely use more men, as well as more Light-aligned characters! We also have NO humans (claimed or otherwise) and I'd love to see some of them thrown in for flavor.  (Take that as you will) ::)

Kuroneko

Madriv

Rogue

A little but not much. I watched the first two seasons a while back, maybe the third, but haven't watched any since. Most information you need can be found on one or two wiki pages plus whatever race you decide on. :)

AmberStarfire

Madriv

*waves at Amber*

Thanks, Rogue. A clueless human sounds about right for me to start.  ;)

Rogue

Quote from: Madmartigan on August 20, 2014, 06:01:41 PM
*waves at Amber*

*giggles* You could always be a regular at "Marissa's" rave club. (in quotes because  she doesn't actually own it but she's a bartender.)

Bloodied Porcelain

*waves at Amber*

If I were you, I'd get on Netflix and watch the first handful of episodes, at least, if not a full season. I'm also always here to fill in details, especially if you play a human, since they don't get terribly indepth with the role humans play in the fae community when they do figure out what's going on until later seasons.

Kuroneko

*waves at Amber*

Mad, if you do join, and your human likes tattoos, we could finally, FINALLY interact in RP, as my gal is a tattoo artist  ;D

adds: Oh, and I knew nothing about the show when I joined. BP's right, watching a handful of the shows - one season is plenty (though I got hooked and have watched all four now, lol)

Bloodied Porcelain

Also something to keep in mind is that humans who find out about the fae end up one of three ways (or some combination of the three)

Eaten, Enslaved, or Dead.

I can pretty much guarantee that the last one will apply to anyone who doesn't end up in the second category, as it's sort of fae law not to risk outing their world by allowing a mortal to know about them and live unless they are owned.

AmberStarfire

Most likely if you were going to play a human, they'd be claimed like Kenzie becomes early in the show.

Kuroneko

Rogue

Keep in mind that there are certain fae, namely Shay and Marissa thus far, who view humans with some sort of positive aspects. Therefore if they claim you, you won't be a total slave at least. *chuckles*

But Kuro is right. It's always 100% up to you. :)

Finding out about the Fae can always be a gradual thing. And maybe you'll end up getting lucky.

AmberStarfire

It's as BP said, and if you remember back, Kenzie couldn't even enter the waystation without people staring because she was a human in their midst. A human unclaimed is also unprotected.

It may be possible to play one, but chances are it may come down to claiming eventually.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: AmberStarfire on August 20, 2014, 06:41:08 PM
It's as BP said, and if you remember back, Kenzie couldn't even enter the waystation without people staring because she was a human in their midst. A human unclaimed is also unprotected.

It may be possible to play one, but chances are it may come down to claiming eventually.

Regardless, it is Mad's choice whether or not he wants his character to be claimed. I was just filling him in on how unforgiving to humans the setting is. That wasn't an invitation to weigh in and decide what other people's characters will go through. Only the player in question and the GMs (with the player's consent) can make those calls.

AmberStarfire

I wasn't insisting (it isn't my place to insist - I'm just a player in the game), just describing how it is covered in the tv show.

Flower

Regardless, I'm sure we are all excited to see what Mad comes up with for his character!  Welcome to the story. ;D

Kuroneko

Aodhan and Miho also view humans in a positive light  ::). And yes, welcome Mad!

Bloodied Porcelain

Avalyn (my oracle) likes humans as well, but she's just a glorified, immortal human herself so she won't be as exciting as others (no matter how hawt she is).

Kuroneko

Madriv

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 20, 2014, 06:32:57 PMEaten, Enslaved, or Dead.

Well, if I'm going to go to all the trouble to make a character I'd like to avoid the "dead" part (unless that's not an impediment in this setting) and "eaten" sounds messy,  so "enslaved" it'll have to be.  ;)

Thank you all!

Kuroneko

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 20, 2014, 07:41:32 PM
It depends on what the said fae eats ;)

This is true.

Example: Succubi/Incubi feed off of sexual energy, so they're much more pleasant than say... vampires or Gorgons, who tend to require pieces.

Rogue

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 20, 2014, 07:43:03 PM
This is true.

Example: Succubi/Incubi feed off of sexual energy, so they're much more pleasant than say... vampires or Gorgons, who tend to require pieces.

.... I have the strange urge to create a human to be a succubi's sex slave now.....

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm also going to remind players that claiming a human is not something a fae would take lightly, as they are responsible for that human and any effect the human has on fae society as a whole. That human becomes theirs to protect, to control, to police. If a claimed human fucks up and reveals the fae, then their owner/master/mistress will be the one who ends up in trouble. This isn't to discourage players from seeking out this in their character's story lines, but to remind people to keep it realistic. If Cerigo or I catch someone claiming a human without a realistic reason (this can vary from character to character, of course) and understanding of the risk they're putting themselves at, then we will step in and reality check you.

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on August 20, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
.... I have the strange urge to create a human to be a succubi's sex slave now.....

I have a succubus, but she doesn't really keep human pets. You could always play one of the escorts she runs, though. :D Bearing in mind, of course, that she doesn't allow her escorts to know about the fae in most cases.

Rogue

My muse is being a bit wonky as it is. Will think about it later though. :)

Madriv

Then what exactly are the benefits of claiming a human? What would the fae in question have to gain?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Madmartigan on August 20, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Then what exactly are the benefits of claiming a human? What would the fae in question have to gain?

And that, my darling, is exactly what you and whoever plays the fae that claims your character would have to determine. Some humans bring specific skillsets to the table that the fae finds useful. Some manage to capture a fae's interest/caring (though few fae will admit to the second one).

Madriv

So is this a useable list of potential species - minus the underfae specifically named in the game info?

http://lostgirl.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Species

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Madmartigan on August 20, 2014, 08:41:51 PM
So is this a useable list of potential species - minus the underfae specifically named in the game info?

http://lostgirl.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Species

Yes, and we are also allowing people to pull other types of mythological creatures from various lore sources to use here as well. Since the show sort of introduces a new fae type every episode for the first season or two, we figure there's plenty more out there.

Kuroneko