We're Where the Were-cats Were? (Female PLAYERS only) - Interest check

Started by Chrystal, October 20, 2014, 07:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kaedia

So I had an idea a little earlier. Let me know if this will fit this setting or if I should go back to the drawing board. If it works I'll craft up a sheet. 

What I'm thinking for my character is she was human so drugged, abducted, and transformed. Starting out it would be simple tail/ears combo but the longer she is in that state the more she shifts toward a more full-anthro state (full body fur, etc.) and the more she gives in to her kitty nature. It gives her a need to seek out the scientist because she doesn't know where it'll stop.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Chrystal

Quote from: Zefie on October 20, 2014, 06:13:14 PM
So I had an idea a little earlier. Let me know if this will fit this setting or if I should go back to the drawing board. If it works I'll craft up a sheet. 

What I'm thinking for my character is she was human so drugged, abducted, and transformed. Starting out it would be simple tail/ears combo but the longer she is in that state the more she shifts toward a more full-anthro state (full body fur, etc.) and the more she gives in to her kitty nature. It gives her a need to seek out the scientist because she doesn't know where it'll stop.

I can see that working, but how are you going to keep up with recording the changes in the character sheet?

Also, if you go down that route, I'd prefer it if no-one else did, because it rather implies that the transformation process didn't work properly.

I have a question for everyone: Why do you feel the need to have an additional reason to seek out and rescue the professor? Isn't wanting to know what she did and why she did it, and whether she can undo it, a good enough reason?

I'm just curious.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angie

I wonder if for fun,my character should be looking for the professor to see if she can learn how to do the change herself..."I love your work, think I could be your apprentice?"
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chrystal

*chuckles*

Let's see some characters first and worry about sub-plots later?

Kaedia

Quote from: Chrystal on October 20, 2014, 06:26:17 PM
I can see that working, but how are you going to keep up with recording the changes in the character sheet?

Also, if you go down that route, I'd prefer it if no-one else did, because it rather implies that the transformation process didn't work properly.

I have a question for everyone: Why do you feel the need to have an additional reason to seek out and rescue the professor? Isn't wanting to know what she did and why she did it, and whether she can undo it, a good enough reason?

I'm just curious.

I'll go that route then. I think it'll be interesting. For recording the changes I could add a spoiler below the character information in the character tag that anyone can click on to see the changes and update them as they occur. That way it is present in the post for everyone who needs to reference to reference and it's not information overload for people who don't need to know.

I sort of see it as taking longer to assimilate instead of not working or a different more-experimental approach to the transformation process that causes it work in a different fashion but that's just my other-thinking it. In the end that isn't too important to me since my character wouldn't know anyways.

For the added reason, for me it's just to add an increased sense of urgency. With the risk of the good doctor going to prison and my character getting more catty she'd feel an increasing need to break the doctor out no matter the cost to try and fix it before all she cares about is laying in the sun playing with yarn with a bowl of milk to her side. Not that it would necessarily have to go that far but she would have the fear it would. Or... something like that.

I'll have a character sheet up later tonight.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

BeckyAnnn

Possibly NSFW
Player ID: BeckyAnnn

Name: Dixie Simmons

Species: Human

Height: 5'2 (62 inches/158 cm)

Weight: 105 lbs/48 kg

Head-fur/hair colour: Red

Eye colour: Right eye is green, left eye is blue

Feline characteristics:  Tail, Ears, Eyes, Fur, Teeth, Hand claws, Foot claws,  Agility, Balance, tongue.

Personality:  Dixie is a rebel.  Not in the bad girl, kick your ass kinda way.  In the fun loving up for anything kinda way.  Out going and playful, she makes friends easily but her prankster side can put some people off. 

Not one for sitting still too long she likes to get up and around and see what she can get into.  She is up for trying anything once and if she likes it will do it often. 

Dixie takes nothing seriously, not until it is too late that is, at which time she is likely to just freak the hell out, which she pretty much did when she woke up as a cat.  One good thing that has come from all this crazy cat stuff is that Dixie discovered the joys of the belly rub.  She has been known to lay on her back and purr for hours for the right touch.

History: Dixie is a chimera, meaning that she has two distinct genetic profiles.  That is what gives her the two different color eyes.  Her eyes were originally thought to be a result of a mutation or defect.  However, her chimerism was not diagnosed until she was thirteen when a severe illness left her in need of a kidney transplant and she nearly died after surgery when the donor organ turned out not to be a match after all.  The doctors were baffled.  It wasn't until one doctor said "It's like dealing with two different people" that it finally clicked with one of the other doctors and more tests were ordered.  What they discovered was that Dixie's blood and her kidney's were made up of two completely different sets of DNA. 

Once thought to be exceedingly rare, chimerism is now believed to be much more common the previously thought.  It is impossible to know though since most chimerics display no outward symptoms and thus it is only when a need for DNA testing arises that the condition is discovered.  As a matter of interest, chimerism is the believed cause of hermaphroditism.

Dixie took some ribbing and teasing about her appearance but her outgoing, witty and somewhat daredevil personality usually won over those who might otherwise torment her.  Basically people thought she was crazy and fun to be around. 

Shortly after her eighteenth birthday, Dixie was approached by a Professor Dimplot who told her that she was fascinated by her condition and wished to study her.  The professor offered to pay Dixie for the privilage of studying her and even offered room and board should the girl take her up on it.  Dixie, always game for something new went with the woman to her home and her basement lab.

Other images

Other Info: Dixie's personality even before the transformation was really quite cat-like, don't you think?

Link to Player O/Os or Prefs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176409.0

Kaedia

Possibly NSFW
Player ID: Zefie

Name: Kelly Westfield

Species: Human

Height: 5' 3"

Weight: 112lbs

Head-fur/hair colour: White

Eye colour: Blue

Feline characteristics: Tail, Ears (more to come as she progresses to full anthro)

Personality: Intelligent. Planning. Modest.

Kelly is an intelligent young woman. She is fresh out of high school but already attending college. She had been doing a dual-enrollment but that wasn't enough for her. One thing about Kelly is she always wants more. She wants the moon and more. What she has is never enough. She wants to attain more and she'll do it no matter what. At least that's how she likes to view herself and to some degree it's true. She is always trying to better herself. In truth she is a very modest and reserved woman. She's not good at receiving attention and not fond of showing off her body.

History:

Kelly is a student at the local college. She also works as a waitress at a family restaurant to help bring money in. Other than that no local family to speak of and no close friends. Her school is her life. With her intelligence getting good grades is simple but with her lack of social skills making friends, not so much.

Her distant history is nothing special. She grew up as the middle child in an upper-class home. She was never as good as her older brother and never as special as her younger sister. She was in the middle. When she got out of high school she made distance and attended a school away from her family so she could try and get out of the shadow of her family. Not that she thought they'd much miss her. Her contact with them is slim to none. Birthdays and holidays are the extent.

Other images / NSFW

Other Info: Kelly is slowly turning more cat-like as the story progresses. A record of changes will be kept for viewing by others. She'll begin as barely cat-like (ears and a tail) but the longer she is like this the more cat-like traits she will take on until she is a full anthro cat-girl with white fur and blue eyes. 

Link to Player O/Os or Prefs: Zefie's 1/0 thread
My Status:
Open.

Chrystal

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 20, 2014, 09:23:30 PM
I don't quite have the nerve to go diving into google looking for chubby catgirls. So uh, I'm not sure I can provide such a pic lol, but other than that I've got a concept sheet up *points to post up there*

I'll see what I can find for you!

Becky, fantastic, character is approved.

Zefie, please see my PM regarding your pic. If you need help, let me know.

Chrystal

Okay, first of all, Becky, I don't know if this pic suits your character better? You might wantto edit off one of the tails, and of course change the yellow eye to green?

Half-and-half face

It just looked a slightly better match, to me.

Now, Red...

I have several options. Silver tabbies are notoriously hard to find, unfortunately!

Pics under

If none of those float your boat, try looking in www.e621.net Or deviant art?

Chrystal

It's to do with the image cashe on your browser.

Always always always "click-save" download images from sites like e621. They don't hot-link well and are prone to being removed without notice.

Anyway, what do you think? A slightly better match to the cat face as she doesn't have the white lower face!

Chrystal

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 21, 2014, 08:46:21 AM
My girl is brindle not silver. :)

Brindle is a word used to describe the "tiger-stripe" pattern on dogs, horses and cattle.

The same pattern on a cat is called "Tabby"

The term "silver tabby" refers to the silver-grey background colour, as opposed to orange (or "marmalade") tabby.

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on October 21, 2014, 08:52:13 AM
I like her. I will change her this evening.

Cool :)

Chrystal

Anyway, that aside, did you like any of those pics? I can look further if you wish? BTW, there are 4 there, so if you can't see all four, you might need to refresh.

Chrystal

Chrystal

Oh well....

I did some colour-modding on the blue cat-girl to make her more silver.

Was there a reason you didn't like the first one?

Kaedia

I updated my profile pictures. If there is nothing to correct it should be complete now.
My Status:
Open.

Chrystal

Chrystal

Well, I guess I owe everyone an apology.

I won't be running this game. I haven't got the energy, nor the inspiration to make it work, and I really feel bad about even attempting to start something new when I have so many games and stories waiting for posts from me.

If someone else wants to take the idea and run with it, please do.

Again, all I can say is sorry, and thanks for showing an interest.

I'll leave the thread unlocked in case anyone wants to take over.