Our Last Summer [OPEN | 11/1x]

Started by onetruebabylon, October 20, 2012, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onetruebabylon

Don't count yourself out just yet! If my crew here wouldn't mind, I don't see a problem going to thirteen. Especially if you're interested!

Rage

~Nods~ I'm cool with more members.

Gives Aaron more people to hide from >.>
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

Gekido

I am fine with it, however that would leave a guy or girl without a roomate

whtbitch4u2own

As I said. I can fill in the spot for whichever male or female character that's needed. Will wait for an okay before starting my work on CS
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

Kdyami

I'm open for whatever.  Either a three person room, or something
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Cami

I'm fine with two more characters.

Gekido

I would need to back away from the rp, something came up. Sorry :(

Rage

Hmm...

For a while, I was buzzing about having the youngest character in the game... As an excuse for his shyness (Even if he was only a few days younger than Dyl.)
In a restaurant.

Love And Submission

Since two people want to join , I think it'd be fine though they are both women.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Cami

I've no problems with more women, but I'd prefer if one coming in was a male to replace the one we lost.

minerva7790

If it is guys that you are lacking, and if no one minds, I can play a male character. I'd hate to upset the balance in the RP, too.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Rage

Quote from: minerva7790 on October 24, 2012, 01:43:33 AM
If it is guys that you are lacking, and if no one minds, I can play a male character. I'd hate to upset the balance in the RP, too.

I don't think it's balance that we're going for, technically, we're a male down with Aaron around anyway.

Since he's still a virgin, and shy as all hell, heck, most of the time, until people bring him out of his self-defending shell. it's like he'll not be there :P
In a restaurant.

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Cami

I guess whenever Babylon decides. Plus we need another male character. So, I dunno.

onetruebabylon

minerva7790

I can put up a profile soon. Seems like having another guy to maintain gender balance is a popular idea?

Cami

Please. I'm sure we're all ready to get this show on the road.

minerva7790

Here's what I have. Hope it is satisfactory.  :-)

Name: Kenichi "Ken" Tanada
Age and Birthdate: 13th July 1993 (19, turning 20 soon)
Height and Weight: 5'6", 117lbs
Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious
Major: Double degree in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Background: Ken is the middle child of a Japanese father and American mother. As typical of children with a middle-child syndrom, he always found himself overshadowed by his older sister, who was studying medicine, and his younger sister, who was the baby of the family and got all the good genes. Ken's only escape was into books. At school, Ken found himself to have a natural talent at math. And it wasn't just basic arithmetic we were talking about. Even as a young teenager, Ken was fascinated by the mysteries of calculus and the imposibility of imaginary numbers. Recognising Ken to be a bright student, his Grade 10 mathematics teacher introduced him computer science and Java programming. Soon, Ken was into designing webpages and creating simple games. These games usually took after his favourite video games like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger in some way or other.

When the time came to enroll into college, Ken chose to go to one far from his hometown, where he could get a new lease of life, away from his family. As a quiet geeky boy, Ken had few friends. Girls found him uncool, and boys found him strange. In the Math and Computer Science faculty, however, he felt right at home. The only problem was that to these geeks, the most exciting thing that was going to happen in their lives was to find an elegant mathematical proof to an impossible problem. If he was going to find a new circle of friends if he was ever going to get laid before he turned 20, the age when he, by Japanese standards, becomes an adult...
Other: The premise of the story indicates that Ken should be "close friends" to the rest of the characters. Given his closed nature, I don't see him knowing many people. So shall we just say Ken knows some acquaintances on campus who share his love for video games and manga? Also, because Ken doesn't interact with people often, he might come off as weird when you first talk to him. Don't worry, though. He doesn't bite.

AribethAmkiir

You're right the premise is that the group are close friends.  They've graduated and they're all on a joint vacation.  There's nothing wrong with being awkward or shy, but kind of need to figure out why Ken would have been invited and decided to attend this group vacation if he's only an acquaintance.

minerva7790

As I say, Ken might be acquainted with Jessica and/or Luke (provided you and AkaruiRain are agreeable to it), since they're all into video gaming and manga. They might have asked Ken along to make up the numbers. And Ken, being bored with his lonely and geeky life, decides to go along to meet new people.