News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The craziest tennis match of all times

Started by Ridcully, June 24, 2010, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridcully

During the World Cup, one tends to forget all other sports. However, I feel this event needs to be pointed out - the craziest tennis match of all times, which just happened at the old and glorious Wimbledon.

http://www.salon.com/news/tennis/?story=/news/feature/2010/06/24/longest_tennis_match_ever_wimbledon_isner

70-68 in 5th set: Isner wins longest tennis match in history
American finally pulls out Wimbledon win over Mahut after play is suspended for darkness two nights in a row

John Isner has won the longest match in tennis history, taking the fifth set against Nicolas Mahut 70-68.

The first-round match at Wimbledon took 11 hours, 5 minutes over three days. Isner closed out the victory Thursday with a backhand winner, then collapsed to his back as he tossed his racket in jubilation and relief.

Isner won 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (7), 7-6 (3), 70-68.

The match lasted so long it was suspended because of darkness — two nights in a row. Play resumed Thursday at 59-all and continued for more than an hour before Isner won.

The American finished with 112 aces, and Mahut had 103. There were only three service breaks in the match, the last coming on the final point.

And the referee didn't even leave his chair to pee..:D

Oniya

This is the match that never ends,
and it goes on and on, my friends.
Some people started playing it, not knowing what it was,
Therefore they continue playing it forever just because...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17