Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelle

Hey guys, realized we forgot something when we were putting this all together  (definitely learning experiences to be had here that's for sure!), where we are going to put this.  We are going to be putting this in the Extreme section due to the dark theme that this game is going to have.   The times they are a changing in North America, and for it's Wizards after all.  And inevitably with change comes those who fight against it.  While sexual scenes and sexuality are absolutely fine in this game, it is not going to be the end all be all main focus of the game.  With that in mind, we are going to have a few hard-line no's in the regards of the sexual nature.  Would anyone be opposed to us saying no to the following: Rape, true non-con ((save for storyline/character development which would need to be tagged and put in a spoiler), vore, bathroom play, mutiliation, beastiality?  Also for our headers that will be in place we will ask to take advantage of the content warning line for any possible triggers one may experience.   

Our goal isn't to alienate anyone with this announcement, so if you have any questions or concerns please voice them either here or if you are more comfortable, in pm.  Thanks!

Crash

The No's are fine with me.  They are pretty standard ones for me anyway.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Praxis

Quote from: Rebelle on April 18, 2016, 10:26:25 AM
With that in mind, we are going to have a few hard-line no's in the regards of the sexual nature.  Would anyone be opposed to us saying no to the following: Rape, true non-con ((save for storyline/character development which would need to be tagged and put in a spoiler), vore, bathroom play, mutiliation, beastiality? 

Excluding these aren't a deal breaker for me.  I'm good.

Also...I'm trying to get a grip on just how difficult it would be for a muggleborn going to Salem.  Just HOW oppressive is it?

I'm fine with the severity and nature of the culture for the concept of this game.  I am just struggling with wrapping my brain around the back story.  I don't think it's anything you guys are doing wrong.  I just suck at/dislike doing character sheets.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Rebelle on April 18, 2016, 10:26:25 AM
Hey guys, realized we forgot something when we were putting this all together  (definitely learning experiences to be had here that's for sure!), where we are going to put this.  We are going to be putting this in the Extreme section due to the dark theme that this game is going to have.   The times they are a changing in North America, and for it's Wizards after all.  And inevitably with change comes those who fight against it.  While sexual scenes and sexuality are absolutely fine in this game, it is not going to be the end all be all main focus of the game.  With that in mind, we are going to have a few hard-line no's in the regards of the sexual nature.  Would anyone be opposed to us saying no to the following: Rape, true non-con ((save for storyline/character development which would need to be tagged and put in a spoiler), vore, bathroom play, mutiliation, beastiality?  Also for our headers that will be in place we will ask to take advantage of the content warning line for any possible triggers one may experience.   

Our goal isn't to alienate anyone with this announcement, so if you have any questions or concerns please voice them either here or if you are more comfortable, in pm.  Thanks!

Hmmm...

If we did want to include these fetishes, could we put a warning in our tag to prevent people (who don't want to see it) from reading? We could bold it in red? If you'd also prefer us to leave it out completely, would you care if we transitioned these scenes to a different thread that isn't in the main storyline threads? Kinda like a sub thread we can create.

Just curious! Not that I am planning on including any of them, but I hate to leave the options out if the need arrives.

But it's up to you peeps. :) Just a suggestion.

Edit: Also, if you plan on not including those themes, you could safely place it in Bondage: Exotic. :) Extreme is really for vore, blood play, waterworks, scat, bestiality, gore, and some of the themes you've listed as Nos.

Lady Sakura

Bookmarking this.  :-)

I have to read through everything again to make sure I didn't miss anything when I decided to put together a character. However, does this setting take place in Salem, MA?

I've been really homesick lately and seeing this perked me up and made me feel nostalgic.

TheHangedOne

Like Rel said, you might not need to put it in Extreme if you're excluding the majority of Extreme content. But, I don't have any personal problems with the list of exclusions, considering they're all in line with my own Ons and Offs anyways.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Codexa

QuoteAlso...I'm trying to get a grip on just how difficult it would be for a muggleborn going to Salem.  Just HOW oppressive is it?

I'm fine with the severity and nature of the culture for the concept of this game.  I am just struggling with wrapping my brain around the back story.  I don't think it's anything you guys are doing wrong.  I just suck at/dislike doing character sheets.

No maj born witches and wizards, are treated with a degree of prejudice and suspicion. While not everyone treats no maj born poorly, there are groups that do. However, there hasn't been any real or extreme violence against those with non magical parents for several years.

Think of it like this, your no maj born characters will probably have dealt with side remarks, and sideways glances, perhaps even outright insults from those who view no maj in an unfavorable light. However, outright violence and other forms of extreme dislike that goes against the law is very unlikely to happen regularly or at least in public.

QuoteHmmm...

If we did want to include these fetishes, could we put a warning in our tag to prevent people (who don't want to see it) from reading? We could bold it in red? If you'd also prefer us to leave it out completely, would you care if we transitioned these scenes to a different thread that isn't in the main storyline threads? Kinda like a sub thread we can create.

Just curious! Not that I am planning on including any of them, but I hate to leave the options out if the need arrives.

But it's up to you peeps. :) Just a suggestion.

Edit: Also, if you plan on not including those themes, you could safely place it in Bondage: Exotic. :) Extreme is really for vore, blood play, waterworks, scat, bestiality, gore, and some of the themes you've listed as Nos.

Thank you for the suggestion, we are actually considering moving the game to Bondage: Exotic as that might be a better fit for it. However, let me take a moment to answer the question. Should any player desire to include fetishes or content that we've deemed a no or inappropriate in the general game. I don't see there being an issue in players taking it to PM, or a private thread.

QuoteBookmarking this.  :-)

I have to read through everything again to make sure I didn't miss anything when I decided to put together a character. However, does this setting take place in Salem, MA?

I've been really homesick lately and seeing this perked me up and made me feel nostalgic.

It takes place in Massachusetts, although the location of the village and school itself is an island. :) Also, Hiya and welcome Vampire Mistress! :)

I hope I caught all the questions! If I missed anyone or if there is more, don't hesitate to poke us, or ask!

Rebelle

For those of you whom have submitted character sheets currently, please take a look at your PM's.

For those whom have sent in questions via PM and have not received a response, please please please let us know so we can take a look at those!

Codexa

Ahem, us green GM's have changed the location!

>.>

After a bit of discussion, we've decided the best fit would be Bondage: Exotic Small Groups for the game. The threads have been moved, and the links on page 1 updated.

Thank you for your patience while we get the details worked out!

Rebelle

And also thank you for all the wonderful feedback and help guys.

I might have been an ST on an actual rp chat site, but this is a whole different sort of animal lemme tell you.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Codexa on April 18, 2016, 11:24:55 AM
Ahem, us green GM's have changed the location!

>.>

After a bit of discussion, we've decided the best fit would be Bondage: Exotic Small Groups for the game. The threads have been moved, and the links on page 1 updated.

Thank you for your patience while we get the details worked out!

Quote from: Rebelle on April 18, 2016, 11:26:09 AM
And also thank you for all the wonderful feedback and help guys.

I might have been an ST on an actual rp chat site, but this is a whole different sort of animal lemme tell you.

I think you peeps have done rather awesomely so far!

Are we allowed to post our own character sheets? I don't wanna step on any toes!

Rebelle

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 18, 2016, 11:28:09 AM
I think you peeps have done rather awesomely so far!

Are we allowed to post our own character sheets? I don't wanna step on any toes!

By all means please feel free to post them in the accepted characters thread found

Here

And thank you for the compliment ^.^

Senti

Crash

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on April 18, 2016, 10:46:53 AM
Bookmarking this.  :-)

**Drags VMS in to play**

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

TheHangedOne

My character is posted, and I'm more than willing for all sorts of plottery; if anybody's in the mood, feel free to PM.  ;D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

CurvyKitten

Both Jessy and Natalie are posted, if anyone would like to plot and so forth please feel free to pm me. :)

Crash

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 18, 2016, 01:05:56 PM
Both Jessy and Natalie are posted, if anyone would like to plot and so forth please feel free to pm me. :)

This will happen.

Lady Sakura

Crash

Rel Mayer

As always, my character (characters once I finish Dennis) are open for plotting. :)

Rachel Riah Barlow - Senior

Crash

I need to change some history and am looking at changing from No-maj to Half or Pure Blood.

WIP

The Basics

Full Name: Autumn Rain Breckenridge   

Nickname: Rain, Rainie

Birthday/Age: September 22rd, 1996 / 17

Blood Status: Muggleborn

House: Andover

Year: Junior

Wand: 10-2/3” Pine with a selkie whisker core

Patronus: Yes, Otter

Apparation License Yes

Physical Appearance

Description: Autumn is slight of build with very girlish features that belay the devious little mind at work.  She has dancing eyes and a constant smirk like she knows something you don’t and is just waiting for the right moment to surprise you.  She doesn’t look particularly athletic, but her swimming and surfing keep her from gaining much weight.  Autumn is a third generation hippie which explains why her parents never stopped her from getting the insane amount of ink for someone her age.  She got her first tattoo at the age of 12 for her birthday and has added a significant number of them in the following 5 years getting a job on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and entering any junior surfing competition she can find in order to afford more ink.  Autumn has brilliant red hair that she cuts to a medium length with long bangs that often hang over her face and is constantly bushing hair out of her eyes. 

Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Beautiful Eyes

Height: 5’3”

Distinguishing Features: Lots of Magical Tattoos

Tattoos

Delving Deeper

Personality:

Hedonistic : Autumn has embraced her parents and her grandparent’s summer of love, flower child lifestyle to its fullest. 

Fun-loving : She is wild and carefree and always looking to have fun.  Any chance she has to be in the water is taken and any excuse to shrug off responsibility is pursued with reckless abandon.

Adventurous:  New places or better yet places she is told she shouldn’t be are like flames to a moth for Autumn.  Her adventurous outdoorsy nature come from her father who was constantly packing up the family and driving to some new park or wilderness to go backpacking or camping, which she still enjoys doing. 

Experimental:  Autumn is ready and willing to try new things whether it is a new food, a new game or a new friend she is happy to partake in whatever may come as long as it doesn’t involve doing any kind of real work. 

Competitive:  For such an obviously lazy and pleasure seeking person it may come as a surprise that Autumn can be very competitive when it comes to any sort of contest.  When she plays, which is most of the time, she plays hard.  She is a competitive surfer and takes it very seriously, not considering it work at all to be out on the waves for hours at a time.

Lazy: Anything that smacks of boring old work is to be avoided with extreme prejudice, however Autumn isn’t above getting others to do her work for her and is more than willing to bat eyelashes, flash dimples or flirt like crazy to make that happen.

History: Autumn grew up in a small home in the Santa Cruz hills.  Her parents are far from rich, but they never seemed to mind much.  Her childhood was filled with homemade dresses, long summer night camping trips and homegrown fruits and vegetables.  She very much grew up a 3rd generation flower child.  Autumn was drawn to the ocean from an early age and found every opportunity, much to her parents’ chagrin, to play within the cold foamy waves that roll unendingly onto the California coastline.  She was a precocious, adventurous and fearless child that loved to explore her world to the fullest and get into no end of trouble getting into things and places she shouldn’t.  Her parents never punished her or her siblings for their indiscretions believing everything was a learning experience.

She was close to her sister Summer and her little brother Brody while growing up until her sister manifested her wizarding powers and the owl from Salem appeared at their door.  Autumn’s parents took it all in stride and all of them were happy for Summer except Autumn who became very jealous and worried that her sister would be taken away from her.  This lead to some nasty competitions between the two of them as Autumn tried to make up for her lack of magi with outdoing Summer in everything else they did.  The rift between the two grew and came to a head when Summer was back for winter break her 3rd year at JWI and told her sister that ghosts and spirits were real and that Bloody Mary really would come get you if you said her name three times into the bathroom mirror at midnight.  The urban myth had always scared Autumn.  After a particularly nasty fight brought about by Autumn flaunting her success at surfing, something they both had interest in, Summer locked Autumn in the bathroom that night and called out the name of Bloody Mary three times.  Autumn didn’t know what Summer could and couldn’t really do so she huddled in the tub with her eyes clenched tightly until morning so Bloody Mary wouldn’t hurt her.

It was the one and only time one of them got punished for their antics.  In truth Summer felt terrible about what she had done, but Autumn wouldn’t talk to her for months after, not until Summer came home for Autumn’s 11th birthday when an owl appeared from Salem saying that Autumn would be joining her at Salem.  While their relationship is still strained it is has more to do with personality differences that anything else as Summer has become a serious and dedicated student and Autumn is…well…not.

Autumn took to Salem like a fish to water.  Not so much her studies but at the opportunity to stretch her wings and fly from the nest.  She made friends quickly and was nothing short of a big ball of energetic trouble for most of her teachers.  She found interests that suited her well, most of which were not academic, but extracurricular like music and games.  Magic wasn’t really tough for her other than some adjustment that follows with all muggles, but the discipline was and is hard for her to deal with.  Thankfully her friends reign in some of her excess and focus her energy just long enough for her to pass her classes and not get suspended from school.

Family:
Mother
Name: Mary (O’Connell) Breckenridge   
Blood Status: Muggle
Nationality: Irish

Father
Name: Simon Breckenridge   
Nationality: Scottish

Sister:
Name: Summer Flower Breckenridge   
Blood Status: Muggle-born
Nationality: Scots-Irish

Brother:
Name: Brody Peace Breckenridge
Nationality: Scots-Irish

A Little More

Academic History: Autumn is much smarter than her grades indicate.  Honestly she is lazy and her parents don’t push her, believing that school is more for finding oneself than it is about getting the best grades you can get.  As long as she isn’t failing they are happy.  So Autumn cruises.  If she was a study monster she could be getting Outstandings in multiple subjects, but she isn’t and looks for the easy way out when it comes to classwork.  That said Autumn does have an affinity for water related spells and they seem to come to her easier than others.

Likes: Surfing, Water, Otters, Fish, Marine Biology (muggle and wizard), tattoos, making new friends, being lazy on a nice sunny day, virgin outdoor locations.

Dislikes: Work, boredom, stodginess, people that use Hippie as a bad word, mussels, Any class she does not consider fun.

Habits | Mannerisms:
Autumn dresses in bohemian and hippie styles.  She doesn’t own formal ware and likely never will.  She is also a huge fan of bubble gum and can often be heard popping bubbles in the halls of school.  When not blowing bubbles with her gum she sings to herself when the mood strikes her.  She has a pleasant voice, but it still annoys the stodgier students and the Librarians.  She also knows all of the surfer lingo and likes to pepper her speech with it just to get the strange looks from her peers.

Fears: When she was 10 her sister locked her in the bathroom after a fight and told he she was going to open a portal for Bloody Mary to come get her.  She huddled in the corner of their bathroom for the rest of the night with her eyes screwed shut absolutely terrified that if she opened them Bloody Mary was going to get her.  Mild spectrophobia (fear of mirrors as a gateway) and spiders (yuck).

Extras:

Theme Song: Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys

Notes:  She is a really good surfer and likes to sing.  Autumn owns a magical folding surfboard for ease of travel and a wetsuit.  Her familiar is a Barn Owl named Scratch.

Lady Sakura

I would like to reserve

Koda Kumi reserved for Vampire Mistress Sakura

[b][color=purple]Koda Kumi[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Vampire Mistress Sakura[/i]

Please.

Rebelle

If I say I'm stoked again it's going to sound like a broken record but I truly am.

I'm going to be working on sheets this evening for my own characters.

Crash

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on April 18, 2016, 01:45:52 PM
I would like to reserve

Koda Kumi reserved for Vampire Mistress Sakura

[b][color=purple]Koda Kumi[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Vampire Mistress Sakura[/i]

Please.

I hadn't seen her before.  Very attractive.

BruceTheCat

I posted my sheet up as well. I'm hoping a few more people are interested in joining House Essex!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000