[NC/Light Human] The Nine Circles Asylum ~!!Recruiting!!~ (Females Needed)

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, June 12, 2009, 03:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enmuro

Hmmm... might need to add on a sweet 'Acheron Block 4life' tatt to thad's description. Other than that looks great.

To anyone viewing this and on the fence about which group to make a char in - I must say the inmate roster rocks so far, all the crazy and no responsibility of guarding stuff. Join the inmates today and we'll even throw in a personalized shiv with bonus shammy!

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hey, feel free to help with the recruiting Enmuro, more inmates are welcome. I just need a guard or two to help out, so it doesn't seem like Lupis is the only one."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Zhu Que

"How long are you waiting for more people.... If it would help, and if you'd allow it, I could make a guard also. I can keep multiple characters straight... Then when more people join, I could drop back to just Megami...

Just an Idea." ;)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I have someone else considering, if she makes a guard, I'll start, if not, then whenever someone makes a guard I suppose."

Zhu Que

Enmuro

Zhu Que

"Heh, wasn't really trying, but it fit so well." :D

TheVillain

Hell, why not? This is all subject to approvel of course.

Name: Jack Gardner
Position: Guard
Description: Tall, strong, and devestatingly handsome- Jack doesn't exactly fit the stereotype of a typical gaurd. He keeps his hair almost military short and somehow manages to make the uniform actually look good.
Background: A descendent of a literial sex demon, Jack's life has been an odd one to say the least. The first to lose his virginity in his class, he was also the first to experience the supernatural first hand, and has recently accepted that the two were a package deal. A decent person, he became a gaurd to help his fellow man.
Personality: Seems oddly pleasent for a gaurd, though the fact that his normal station is on the upper levels helps. Jokes often, his favorite being that he's actually a police themed male stripper experiencing a paperwork mix-up. Is willing to bend the rules of the asylum, but not break them. Due to his ancestry, his sex drive is nothing short of volcanic and has been known to occasionally sleep with someone he really shouldn't- like a co-worker and even occasionally a patient.
Powers: Jack has no active powers and can not cast magical spells. However he does have some interesting passive abilities thanks to his parentage. It's believed that his appearence and charisma borders on the supernatural, and the hornerier he gets the stronger they become. His body will absorb the orgonne energy realeased by his partner during their orgasm and use it to power passive magical abilities. Most notably these include heightened strength, heightened endurance, the ability to cancel out incoming harmful magic and the ability to heal with supernatural speed and effectiveness.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"A few notes added, still looking for more players."

Zhu Que

Name: Ai
Race/Species: Shadow-born.
Position: Guard
Background: Ai had always had an infatuation with the shadows when she was a child. She'd lived alone with her father, very little did she look like him though. As she grew up, she realized somebody was always watching her. Find it to be her mother, she'd learned about herself. After the day she learned about being born of a Shadow being, she'd never been seen again. Many years later she emerged, becoming a hunter, hunting those who had gone insane.
Now, after such a long time, she emerges again, offering her help to Dr. Virgil. She is a very quick and clean person when it comes to dealing with others. Rarely does she ever act mean, but is well worried about by others.
Personality: Ai usually acts calm and is sweet spoken. She almost never raises her voice, but is ready to take charge at any time. Due to her fears of light, she tends to stay where shadows can be born.
Powers: Being a Shadow-Born, she can do most anything with the shadows, using them as her own little gate way a lot of the time. Anything that the Dr. will allow her, she will do, if need be.
Insanity: Phengophobia to a point of convulsions and screaming.

Nadir

I'd like to play a male patient. Can he be a level eight seven? (Damn my disability of reading Roman numerals *laughs*)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"You may played a lower level patient, but it wouldn't be particularly interesting as the 7-9 patients are pretty much never let out of their cells. There are special circumstances, but my general intention was for them to be 'villains' played off as temporary characters who try to escape."

Nadir

jilorbb

Input? Suggestions?

Name: Professor Gabriel Haruna

Position: inmate (block needs some discussion)

Description: A combination of Japanese and Romanian (or other similar Asian/Eastern Block ancestry) though raised in America. The professor is average in height - standing just shy of 5'8 and a bit on the thin side - weighing not much more than 120 pounds. He dresses urban and modern and has layered black hair and piercing eyes the color of golden honey.

(picture by xylael on deviantart)
Background:
Born into a well-off family and tutored from a young age, Gabriel got an advantage on other children and whipped through school, obtaining his masters at the age of 25. Since then, he has been teaching history at a prestigious university - that is... until he was taken to the asylum.

Here is my general idea about Gabriel:

The doctors at 9 Circles learned about his abilities. They have ties with his parents and were able to have him come to them because of this. From here I have two ideas:

1) The professor decides to stay on his own, being treated as a patient while they work "with" him to learn about his abilities. The main reason he stays is because he wants to learn more about Dr. Virgil.

or

2) When he arrives, they subdue him somehow and force-medicate him. They video him while on the drugs (which GREATLY change his behavior and abilities) so that they can "prove" to his family and his job that he is actually insane and obtain clearance to keep him.

They might decide to have him as a guard at some point but need to be sure of his ability and desire to work for them in that light before they go through with it since he is brand new to the facility. Either way, they have interest in him because they could definitely use his powers.

Personality: The professor loves and values knowledge over all. He is almost always seen with a book in his hand, more often than not reading a book in a corner somewhere. Even though he knows that his powers of negation require him to be diligently observant, he doesn't care and trusts the guards of the place to keep him safe anyway. He has always been fascinated with the occult and, indeed "awakened" to his powers when he was in high school and began reading about similar magical abilities. Ever since, he has poured most of his free time into learning as much as he could about magic and trying to broaden his abilities. Besides his obsession with magic he also likes to solve puzzles, riddles and traps of logic - anything that works his brain can stimulate him.

He has a tendency to tune out others who annoy him and interact only with those who can speak to him correctly and with respect. He is of a curious mind and may become suddenly quite observant when viewing a new ability he hasn't seen.

Powers:
Negation - To a certain extent, he can use an ability much like 'dispell magic' If he can see it happening he can decide that he'd rather have it *not* happen. (I figure this can be worked out, how often it can happen, what 'level' of spells he can negate and whether or not the medication they have put him on keeps him from being able to use it) * This does not apply to anything that he cannot see happening for whatever reason.
Chronomancy -The ability to stop time in his immediate area. Others around him who he does not deem outside of the effect (or, perhaps guards who have a device that negates it?) are stopped in their tracks, generally unaware of what is happening around them as the professor is able to interact and influence the environment around him. He has control down to the tiniest detail of how it effects someone (for instance, outside the asylum and around those who have no power against it, he could have the time stop for everything but a certain limb he decides to interact with)

Afterward, those effected generally do not remember what happened during the time stop, though occasionally they will keep a psychic memory of it.

Insanity: none

Indigo

Has there been a basic 'nurse' added?  If so, I missed it...forgive me.

Thinking of a rather average woman, a 'plain jane' nurse in her early thirties, who does well in such a facility as she has some innate aura of 'calming'.  Not sure if it's actually a power, as it isn't used in either an agressive/defensive way...it simply is something that 'exudes' off of her person, calming all within the room...offering otherwise crazed or angered prisoners a balm from their anxiety, so they may converse in more normal terms.  It would be invaluble in cases where medications had to be administered close up, or washing a patient, or cleaning a room, or if a doctor required her presence due to this, for either their, or the patients benefit.

This type of gift could be used in ways I'll yet not disclose.

jilorbb

Sounds cool!

We were actually discussing a nurse in character not too long ago, so this might be a good idea.

Indigo

jilorbb

Awesome!

Though, I should tell you that this all rests with Ryuka, as its his game. I imagine he'll be on later.

Indigo

ManyMindsManyVoices

Indigo

Name: Jolene Noel

Race: Human

Position: Nurse

Description: 'Black Irish'...being of Irish descent, with her coloring of black hair and  blue eyes, and pale skin.  Tall female, approx 5'8, 135 lbs.  Fit and able bodied.  Rather unremarkable as looks go, quite average, though her smile is gentle, compelling, as are her eyes when she focuses them on someone.

Background: Has been nursing since graduation ten years prior.  Worked in both rehabilitation and state hospitals regarding criminal and mental illness.  Expresses no other outside life, or rather doesn't talk about it to co-workers.  Is known to collect small momentos when possible.

Personality: Soft spoken, sharp, almost seems to know what is going to be said before it's spoken.  Natural mediator, neutral listener.  Can also be quite blunt and probing.

Powers: No powers explained...instead posseses a strange 'aura' of 'calmness'.  She has been known to simply walk into a room filled with argument and subdue it with only her presense.  Many doctors have found simply having her in the same room, even without speaking a word, to be greatly beneficial in easing the most distressed patient....or even themselves.

Has no fear of even the most violent offender, she's placed herself within reach of unpredictable patients without harm, where others would not do so without heavy medication and restraints.
Seems somehow empathic to the extreme, expressing no judgement even on the worst criminal actions.

Lumasan

I would just like to let you know, that I'm considering joining. I have several ideas for characters bouncing around in my head, but I don't know what to go with. I was thinking of possibly playing more than one character. Would this be alright?
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Yes, this is alright, we could use guards and patients, the game's on a bit of a pause as I'm a bit busy in real life and working on a storyline. Just PM me if you have any questions about characters and check the OOC thread for some information about how the Asylum works."

Lumasan

Alright, expect my patient profile to be posted shortly, or sometime tonight. I would love to do a guard, but I have to think on it as in the profile.

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Lumasan

I'm working on this at the moment...

Name:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145lbs
Eye Color: A weird purplish blue, kind of like a violet blue amethyst color, with a few flecks of green in the left eye.
Hair Color:
Race/Species: It is rumored that she may be something other than human but it is yet to have been confirmed.
Position: Layer V: Styxian Patient. Placed due to murder and unconfirmed magical abilities and mental issues.
Description: Or Picture
Background:
Personality:
Powers: (Will need approval as well)
Insanity: She suffers from a case of Histrionic Disorder, coupled with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) which is accompanied by Separation Anxiety. She has several phobias which are: