The Daybreak Society

Started by MzHyde, December 13, 2013, 08:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

-=[The Daybreak Society]=-

The first known vampire was Cain, the first murderer, a man so cursed by God to walk the earth forever as a creature of darkness, unable to eat and unable to withstand the warm light of the sun. Yet Cain would not expire quietly under a rock somewhere, as was likely to be intended by his punishment. He instead formed a bond with Lucifer, whom allowed Cain to sustain himself by feeding off the living. Cain grew in power over the course of many years, but was eventually destroyed by a holy man whom pierced his heart with a wooden cross. Though Cain's body turned to dust, it was far too late, for his evil had already spread. Tales of his supernatural power were whispered about amongst those with the blackest hearts. These tales soon became tales of the 'Vampir', or 'Vampire', as they spread. In the 1450's, Vlad Tepes (also known as Vlad The Impaler) was so fascinated by these stories that he sent his men to scour the globe for the ashes of Cain.

They were successful.

Using Cain's ashes, Vlad Tepes became the first vampire to walk the earth in thousands of years. Now a nearly immortal creature of dark power and supernatural strength, Vlad soon ruled over Romania. He was not like Cain, however, whom openly displayed his dark powers. He knew better than to reveal himself fully. He took his time, ruling for nearly two thousand years before growing restless, craving more. He sired children, giving to them his dark 'gift'. Twelve were chosen to receive Vlad's vampiric power and together this unholy family began to conquer the world. Under leadership from Vlad Tepes, his family, and hundreds of other lesser vampires, humanity soon fell prey to the vampires and their loyalists. That's what sped vampire domination along so quickly; the loyalists. Superstitious believers and those too scared to fight back sided with the undead horde.

Global vampire domination was achieved by the 1500's. Vlad's twelve children neatly divided up the globe amongst themselves, while Tepes held supreme power from his castle in Romania. Humanity continued to progress technologically, but always under the watchful eye of their vampire masters. For however advanced humanity became, the vampire lords continued to grow stronger with each year, with each century.

In the early 1800's humanity struck a massive blow to the Tepes clan; the death of Vlad Tepes. One of his own children, Abel, and a group of vampire hunters from across the globe, worked together to destroy the Father of Evil. Though it cost the hunters and Abel their lives, Vlad was dead. His children, however, were not. They continued to rule the world with an iron fist. The death of Vlad Tepes has caused a rift to form, however, and infighting between the twelve children and their vampire generals has made their rule shaky. For the first time in four thousand years, humanity has a chance. It is now 1888 and a new underground society has formed; The Daybreak Society. Humanity's last hope. Vampire hunters that work as something akin to assassins; striking the vampires at their weakest points and retreating back into hiding. The London chapter of The Daybreak Society is recruiting and YOU are the newest recruit.

Synopsis: Victorian-era Vampire Hunters. Vampires rule the world, led by the twelve children of Vlad Tepes, lesser vampire generals, and what's called 'Loyalists' or 'Believers' - humans who worship and love their vampire rulers. The setting is London in 1888. You will be playing a new recruit of The Daybreak Society. I am doing this as an interest check, looking for two or three people who wish to play. Sex will be rare or non-existant. This will be about action, fighting, and story. I have two rules; (1) you must post at least a paragraph and (2) you must post at least twice a week. If you do not have time to play, then DO NOT SIGN UP. I will not tolerate people who sign up and then disappear. I am aware holidays are approaching, so if you plan on being away for an extended time, do not apply. We all have jobs, hobbies, and things to do, but it is not hard to write a paragraph. That said, I hope you all find this premise intriguing enough to show some interest. I will be working hard on the plot and hope to make it a good time for all.

MementoMori

I think I'd be interested. Quite a unique concept, I like it.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

O/O

MzHyde

Topic closing due to lack of interest.