Willing to GM a 3.5 DnD Game of 10th level characters in a homebrew world.

Started by Darthninja, May 15, 2006, 11:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

I'll go with Demon worship then. I'll probably pick one of the Thrall types from the BoVD.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Liriel is storngly intrested to be rogue, while Acrobat is probally spellcaster (most Thralls either favour or demand spellcasting ability) so plain fighter or somesort evil knight type would be good in villain side :).

National Acrobat

It'll be sorceror 7/Thrall of G'rzzat 3. I'll work on it at home tonight.

Zaer Darkwail

OK, that sounds good concept. As side note I house rule that Sorcerror's get in 1lvl a bonus feat. Either a Eschew Materials or Spell Thematics (later one from Player's Guide to Faerun) and each 5lvl sorcerror gets heritage feat (draconic, celestial or fiendish like in PHB2 the two laters are introduced). Also in PHB2 you likely know that sorcerror's can get metamagic feat mastery instead of familiar :).

National Acrobat

I don't have the PHB2 though. Is there a list of those feats somewhere that I can look at?

Zaer Darkwail

Not online but I cna PM details when I am home and I ahve access to comp and books. But generally the fiendish heritage feat firstly gives a bonsu to saves vs poison and fire egual to your fiendish heritage feats, protection from good added to spells known plus +2 CL when summoning evil outsider or fiendish creatures. Then there is options to pick up other heritage feats. One gives number of spells added to your list, one gives resistance vs acid and electricity x2 per heritage feat what you have, other gives access to special sonic attack (30'ft cone, damage egual 2d6 x sacraficed spell slot level, ref save for half) and other gives ability see in mundane and magicall darkness (lasting 10 mins x sacraficed spell slot).

The metamagic feat mastery replaces your familiar whit ability to use metamagic feats spontaneously whitout increased usage of time and allows use Quicken Spell metamagic feat whit no pens.

indarkestknight

Muse

Hm...  I'm still torn between hero and villain. 

Do you have a better handle on what you need more of yet, Zaer? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

At moment I am confused how many there are in good side (and who are still intrested) but I think there is two bad girls and one bad guy and I start game after there is three people on either side whit same amount of genders. So can people post now (rollcall) and say waht they want play so I can write up who is who's side and playing what concept :).

National Acrobat

Kandice Kaine

Mmm... I hate to give up the Thrall of Graz'zt... But as Acrobat's planning it I think I'll go for a Summoning/Evoker focused Tiefling Sorceror or a Warlock.... Probably the Warlock, I really enjoy the idea of the Warlock with supernatural laws applied to it... But your options for the Sorc are great too! *cries* I think it'll be a hit die issue.

Ok.... Do me a favor: Liriel. Decide for me? *giggles* I'm so wishy washy!

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, thiefling warlock is nice indeed ;). Also some PrC suit well for warlock, examply Acolyte of Skin. Or you cna be different sort of sorcerror, example Sorcerror/Fiend Blood (later PrC is from Heroes of Horror who makes minor mental changes to transform you into fiend and also gives some stat boosts and gives able smite foes to do greater damage).

Also actually Summoner/Evoker concept is better whit Cleric/Thaumaturgist and evil group would be needing a cleric and so you could pick Summoning Domain (wich gives access numerous summon mosnter spells as domain spells, including planar ally, plus cast summoning spells greater CL) and other domain from Diabolical/Demonic domain towards one fo the demon lords like Graz'zt or just generall servant of Abyss or just ambittious summoner. One intresting concept I used ocne was half-dragon thefling who was spawn of Hellfang wyrm and devil and worshipper Tiamat.

Kandice Kaine

Actually I've pretty well decided now what I'll do.

Tiefling Sorceror, focusing on Conjuration with some small degree of Evocation. Main use is to bring in Bodyguards for the Party.

Sure, a cleric can heal the party, but how about summoning other targets for the enemies to fight?

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by hurling minions at!"

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I asume you pikc up the Fiendish Ancestory whcih gives +2 to CL when summoning fiendish or evil outsiders whit summon spells right? Spell Focus; Conjuration and Augment Summoning sound nice combo to such role ;). Extend spell then of course increase the duration of the summoning spells. Also good Conjuration spells are Orb of ??? spells from Complete Arcana and from PHB Melf's Acid Arrow is nice one too.

But I point out that Warlock haves invocation called Dead Walk, which means animated dead spell which cna raise dead fight for you, even whitout costly spell component, for 1 min per level. Also I can allow custom made Warlock invocation whcih allows summon a creature like whit Summon Monster III spell but total HD what you can summon whit spell would be egual to twice your warlock level and you can summon only fiendish creatures or creatures of your alignment only.

But summoning sorc is good too :). Nothing wrong whit that ;).

Kandice Kaine

Hmmm Augment Summoning and Fiendish Heritage sound great... Not really focusing on the orb ofs. I'll probably go with AoE evocations. That's more in line with an uncaring bitch who uses her minions as fodder and has no problem sacrificing them... Of course, I could use Energy substitution to alter the damage to something my summoned creatures are immune to.... *giggles*

Zaer Darkwail

Yep, Energy Substitution is handy but if you take later on levels as Archmage I would not recomend waste a feat and rather use metamagic wands mimick energy type what your summoned minions ar resistant or immune. Also if you pikc a Domain access (was it Religious Caster or Arcane Schooling feat etc) via using feat and get Planar Ally spell (either summoning domain or other domain) and then you can qualify as ARCANIST into Thaumaturge PrC from DMG. After all planar Ally is one very powerfull spells to use to get outsider as ally.

Muse

So that's two badies so far. 

Please sign me up for a good girl: Lusitania Devotion: 
Ranger 2, Wizard 1, Paragon Elf 3, Harper Paragon 4. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

indarkestknight

One good, one evil, both male.

CG Human Rog 5/Invisible Blade 5

And a CE ranger of undetermined type. Possibly shifter. Though I'm beginning to lean towards a changeling Rog 5/Cabinet Trickster 5... So much fun to be had with detect thoughts at will and change self powers... Head games... Hrmmm...

National Acrobat

I can change my character Kandice if you would rather play the Thrall. I'm pretty flexible.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, THREE bad galls, one good gal and one good/evil flexible player. Hmm, becuase there are so many women I may give flexibillity in genders so that groups do not need be egual gender...but egual number in each side at least lol!

National Acrobat

My PC is going to be male, that much is sure. I was just offering Kandice the chance to play the Thrall if that's what was wanted, otherwise I'll keep the same character concept.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, so fiendish ancestory possesed male sorc yes :). Hmm, evil side seems gather sorcs....especially ones who seem follow Graz'zt.

Lirliel

I'd be willing to switch! A Dwarf Fighter/Dwarven Defender :) Build
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."