News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Elliquiy Site Help

Started by Vekseid, February 20, 2011, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

How do I join the community?
First, you will need to register on our forums. You will then need to fill out our questionnaire and post it as a new thread in the introductions forum. After you interact with our members for a bit (no fewer than 24 hours, though sometimes it can take longer), you will hopefully be given access.

OK, I've joined the community - now what?
Caeli has prepared a General Guide to Elliquiy that covers the basics of user groups, customizing your profile, and using the ShoutBox: General Guide to Elliquiy

How does the Ons/offs profile system work?
By selecting traits for your characters you like to play and would like the other character in the story to have, the system automatically generates a list of players you might be compatible with. Jag has prepared a guide to filling our a profile that you can read here: Ons and Offs Profile Guide

How can I keep track of the threads I'm posting in?
HockeyGod explains it all in his guide to bookmarking and using the "unread posts" feature: Bookmarking and Unread Posts[/quote]

How big can avatar and signature images be?
Avatars may be up to 150 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall and must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format. Signature images must be hosted on Elliquiy (through our wiki), and are currently limited to 100 pixels tall and 500 wide. The entire size of the signature box is limited to a height of 120 pixels.

Who's in charge here, anyway?
Elliquiy is entirely volunteer driven. Its staff is organized into two groups: the Goddesses/Gods/Genies/Guardians (often referred to as 'G-level' or 'admins') and the Oracles. What each group does and who its members are is explained in this thread.

What is Elliquiy's IP Address?
208.117.11.90 is elliquiy.com. You may want to bookmark https://208.117.11.90/ in case your own DNS service gets a little silly in order to continue accessing Elliquiy in such cases. If elliquiy.com is redirecting you to ads, but the ip address works, your computer or router is infected with malware.

How do I access Elliquiy securely?
You already are : )

Help! I'm having a problem and cannot post/access/everything is messed up!
If your issue is not malware as above, the usual problem falls into one of:

I) Check your computer's clock - if someone's played with it by setting it too far into the future or past, you will see issues.
II) Clear your cookies and cache, and restart your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options (this is the same Internet Options in your control panel) -> Browsing History -> Delete, be sure to uncheck 'preserve favorites' if you have that option, of course.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Private Data -> Clear Now
- Chrome: Wrench button -> Options -> Personal Stuff -> Browsing Data -> Clear Browsing Data, be sure to nuke 'Everything'

You can also delete cookies from individual sites, rather than all over the place, in all browsers, but this page is kept short in the interests of being pithy.

What does Elliquiy mean?
Elliquiy is that singular epiphany you get when you have your first, true orgasm, and you realize that every single one that came before it was but a pale shadow of the real thing.

I've got a question those don't answer.
See Elliquiy's Tutorials Forum

Failing that, feel free to post your question in the HELP! forum.