Star Wars Old Republic group game - more female players wanted

Started by Lord of Shadows, May 29, 2013, 03:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of Shadows

Ok I have two ideas of which I want to do one, main thing is that I want some input on who would be interested in what and... well such things. General things about both ideas is that they are group plays, meaning in 90% of the time you have one thread in which people post in. Not really open for much solo play at all.

They would both use their individual system.
Level of play would be NC: exotic or Extreme.

Star Wars the Old Republic
Alright, first I want to let all know that in reality all my knowledge about the setting comes from SWTOR - that is it. This means I really want to form my own "truth" based on the general story line. I wish to invent people, who control what, who exists, names of important ones and so on. This said, if you are the kind of person that have a habit of spewing out to correct the GM when he says something - "Person X was actually the one that..." then this game would very much NOT be for you.

It would be a light side game going for the Republic and Jedi side. No Sith would be allowed but that would not to be said that you couldn't fall to the dark side during play. In the game Sith are EVIL and I will carry them out as such.

Exactly how the game would start is entirely what kind of characters that would be created, that said what type of characters also decides where you start.

System would be Star Wars Saga with the Knight of the Old Republic Campaign Setting and start as level 5
You will get access to a ship and somehow if no one can someone to fly it.

Earthdawn
Again a game about heroes. You will start in Haven (as so often is done in this setting) and from there you will star on a journey to save the area. Earthdawn being what it is the world will be very bleak and have a clear post Apocalyptic sense of it. You being adepts are the once that can stand up against those horrors and their created terrors in an one-on-one battle. This really makes you the heroes, once you are somewhere people can be safe. But with all this power comes the responsibility, what you say goes. Most people don't blink twice to follow your command as you are an adept.

To this game I would want a spread of types of characters, not massing just a group of warriors or mages. We will need one troubadour or a weaponsmith for instance. Someone that have the power to read the story of the land and the items you find. This said - this is not a game of battle. It is about survival. And to survive you need to know the history of the past to survive the future.

Would be using either Earthdawn 2nd or 3rd not fully decided on that one.
All character starting as circle 3. No multiclassing allowed.

There these are my suggestions now lets start the discussion which of the two we want.

Wargtass

Quote from: Lord of Shadows on May 29, 2013, 03:50:42 AM
This said, if you are the kind of person that have a habit of spewing out to correct the GM when he says something - "Person X was actually the one that..." then this game would very much NOT be for you.

This really should be obvious, but when it comes to fandoms (especially as big and convoluted as Star Wars, it tends to get mired with this sort of rampant fan-behaviour- With that said, I express interest for Star Wars, was a long time since I stretched my wings around that area.  ;D
O/O

Muse

I would adore a chance to play some Earthdawn.  (Star wars is fun too, and I'd be interested, but Earthdawn would defiantly be my vote.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

selfexiled

I have interest in both as most of my current games are dieing out. Though I'm more fluent in freeform styles and systems so I may ask a lot of questions and/or need explanations frequently.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Lord of Shadows

I wouldn't see that as any problem at all. Do you have access to the rules themselves?

Marie Reynolds

I would love the Star Wars RP especially since I do love some interesting new takes on stuff and molding the world, Probably why I like roleplaying in Legacy Era so much. So I would Have an Idea for a Revanite raised in secret and some how smuggled off world to Learn the doctrines of the Revanites but encouraged to focus on the Light side of the force as to send her in as a student to the Jedi Temple to garner Help and finding a new safer home for the Revanites.

selfexiled

Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Muse

The Star Wars Saga Edition has recently gone out of print, but is probably still in stock in various places. 

Earthdawn 3rd edition, I believe it's from Red Book? 
The best two books for players, IMHO, are the Player's Guide and Namegivers of Barisaive. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lord of Shadows

You can search for "Star Wars Saga pdf" on google, just a hint.

Thorn14

I vote Star Wars. Always wanted to play it. And I love The Old Republic Era.

Jaded Block

I haven't played Earthdawn since it came out, but I do love the game-world. I'd love to give it a stab! *stab stab*

Countdown0

I would definitely be interested in an SWTOR game.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Lord of Shadows

Ok quite obviously Star Wars wins over Earthdawn in interest. I still would want some female players but that is not a must but we see.

Next I want character concepts nothing more. What do you want to play in the game. Gamewise, not statwise. I think four-five characters is more or less as many as I can handle.

Countdown0

My first choice would be to play a Jedi that the Council likes to spy on, because his parents were both Sith (not pure bloods), so he doesn't get a lot in the way of leeway or trust. He also does have a bit of trouble keeping himself in control when he feels any kind of strong emotions, because he has a very tangible connection to the Dark Side. I still haven't decided if I would want him to turn on not :P

Basically, his parents wanted to keep him alive, since some powerful Sith Lord had gotten right into killing children who had been touched by the Dark Side, figuring it would somehow increase his power. His parents paid a smuggler to take him to the Jedi temple, since his parents knew that, even if the Jedi training would result in him being 'weaker' than Sith training, at least he would live.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Marie Reynolds

Here is my General Concept, if you would be okay with it.     So I would Have an Idea for a Revanite raised in secret and some how smuggled off world to Learn the doctrines of the Revanites but encouraged to focus on the Light side of the force as to send her in as a student to the Jedi Temple to garner Help and finding a new safer home for the Revanites.

Wargtass

Jedi/Sith-hunting Bounty Hunter. I think I should be able to fill the spot as pilot as well.
O/O

FragarachZ

I do have the concept of a physically and psychologically scarred female smuggler who hates every sith with a passion. She was a dropout youngling and jedi reject so she has some undeveloped force potential. When her life took a turn towards the wore she became a smuggler insted. She is no stranger to underworld dealings, but she's still affiliated with the republic to smuggle supplies into hard to reach systems and warzones.
Tell me if you like, I'd love to join. :)
O&O

Lord of Shadows

Sorry about this but this game will be placed on hold for now due to coming vacation. Will let people know further ahead.