The Pirate's Code [Day 2]

Started by Valerian, June 28, 2009, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

"Avast! The women and the men wear naught but a strap say you? That be too much ta ask, even for the likes of us privateers. My mates - I solemnly do fear that we made a mistake in who be mutineer and who be loyal. And though it may mark me in the eyes o' that lecherous man (and a none too particular one if'n the rumors be true, and ye catch me drift), I'd rather be marked in that way, then to be marked by him while bending over and wearing naught but a strap by that man we jus elected cap'n. I do be thinking now, in a spot of clarity between the rummy clouds betwixt me ears, that our frightful lecherous cap'n himself, that very man who we jus voted for, must be a mutineer. How otherwise can one explain his beastly perversions in wanting us all to dress in such a way as to make one's small clothes seem generous by compare? He do be wanting to see us all rut all the day, I do be thinking, then to do our proper work, as would befit a crew o privateers such as ourselves. If we dally, rutting all day, as it seems that our bedeviled cap'n does seem to wish, then we be sitting ducks for the Royal Navy says I. Mayhap the mutineers do be in league with the Royal Navy, and do be slaughtering us, one by one in the night, so as to slow us even further, so that them bastards in the Royal Navy will have time to find us a'fore we can reach safe harbor?

"Either that, or our new cap'n just be soft betwixt the ears, and lusty too. Now for my part, I'd rather see a man's blood then to wear naught but a few well placed straps for him. Especially if that man do be my cap'n, and may order me lashed for obstinate disobedience if I do refuse to wear his little straps.

"I may be naught but a pirate, but even I have some sense of decorum. What say you? Shall we rid ourselves of new cap'n, who hath revealed too much of his mind to us, and made, at least myself but I imagine most of ye, to recoil in horror?"

Stattick voted then, giving the black dot to none other then Cap'n Ryven, who Stattick had just voted for to be made Captain.
O/O   A/A

Ryven

The captain bangs his head against the mast with a groan. 

"If ye can't take a joke, Mr. Stattick, then me thinks yer bein' a bit odd.  Ye have my vote for anyone among my crew with no sense of humor is better off shufflin' off the plank.  Arrrgh!"

Valerian

Current Voting:

Stattick (4) - Ryven, Rhapsody, Marguerite, Saku
Cap'n Ryven (2) - Stattick, Silk Satine
Bliss (1) - Trieste
Marguerite (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Rhapsody (0)
Saku (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Bliss

There are 3 Mutineers, 1 Ship's Surgeon, 1 Ship's Cook, and 4 Pirates.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Quote from: Ryven on July 08, 2009, 09:19:11 PM
The captain bangs his head against the mast with a groan. 

"If ye can't take a joke, Mr. Stattick, then me thinks yer bein' a bit odd.  Ye have my vote for anyone among my crew with no sense of humor is better off shufflin' off the plank.  Arrrgh!"

Stattick laughs. "So, it be death for finding only threat in your 'humor'?"

Stattick turns his eyes to the rest of the crew, and asks, "And who among you be the next one he votes to walk the plank for not sharing in his 'humor'?"

Stattick leans back on the mainmast and puffs on his small bone pipe. "Or mayhap all this dirty business is jus gettin to me? Do I jus be jumping at shadows? Pr'aps I do misjudge ye... Pr'aps."

Neverttheless, Stattick doesn't change his vote at this point, and watches the new cap'n appraisingly.
O/O   A/A

Aiden

"Arrr...I have no reason to suspect anyone as much as they have reason to suspect me..."
Aiden enters the crew's quarters and takes 9 dice (9 sided but i'm not gonna get technical since i was able to use the dice bot  ;D ), 1 for each remaining crew member. Shaking it up he drops them on a surface and nods at the results.
"Fate has singled out Marguerite as a mutineer"

Solaine

Driven to drink after the events of the past few days, Silk empties her bottle and up ends it, then searches for another bottle.  Too bleary to tear the ship apart, she tap-slides-hiccups her way to her barrel and sits down heavily.  “I voted for yon cap’n thinkin’ he’d keep us well-supplied… but what does he do?  He makes rules puttin’ us in uniforms… and scraps of nothin’ at that… what be a woman with a wooden leg do with such attire?  Uniforms be for the Royal Navy, those scurvy prissy dogs!  I say we make the Cap’n Ryven walk the plank!”
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Ryven

The man slams his bottle of rum down on the deck with a mighty crash.  "What be this travesty?!  Has the entire crew been lulled to the tune of those scabrous dogs?  I'll have you know that puttin' me overboard be nothin but a waste of yer time, but if that be how ye feel, I can do nothin but proclaim my innocence."

((By the way, I thought the OOC thread was separate from the game thread.  If that's the case, I think it's bad form for me to be accused for something I said jokingly there especially since the people suspecting me voted for me to be captain.  I'm not complaining really, just wondering why the very people who voted for me are now against me?  And for the record, this is all "in character."  I just didn't want to write it all out in RP pirate speak.))

Rhapsody

She shakes her head, peers at Stattick and spits over the side.  "Methinks some scuttlebutt's been makin' its way 'round the decks.  Yer quick ta listen to foolish notions, matey, and that makes me wonder if ye didn't mayhap listen ta others what told ye ta stab our good captain Teach, an' then LadySky, without waitin' fer the rest o' the crew ta decide their fates."
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Marguerite

Marguerite hiccuped and looked to Aiden. "Your dice must be as drunk as I am, Aiden but I vote for Stattick. Let me drink and be merry drunk!"
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Bliss

Dizzy-eyed, Bliss looked up from her half-empty bottle of rum at Saku's exclamation. "What? Stattick? Sure, soundsssssssgood."

* Bliss slurrps some more and half-swaggers, half-staggers down the deck.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

Final Voting:

Stattick (5) - Ryven, Rhapsody, Marguerite, Saku, Bliss
Cap'n Ryven (2) - Stattick, Silk Satine
Bliss (1) - Trieste
Marguerite (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Rhapsody (0)
Saku (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Trieste (0)

The voting turned quickly against Stattick, and his crewmates hauled him towards the nearest yardarm with blood in their eyes.  In almost less time than it take to tell, there was a noose around his neck, and the hapless victim was hauled into the air, the life choked out of him as his former friends watched.

In his death throes, a dagger fell from his clothing to the deck below -- a dagger still stained with the blood of the dead Captain Teach.  For Stattick was a Mutineer.

• Aiden
  • Bliss
  • LadySky - killed by mutineers
  • Marguerite
  • Rhapsody
  • Cap'n Ryven
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - made to walk the plank
  • Stattick - Mutineer -- lynched
  • Trieste

There are 2 Mutineers, 1 Ship's Surgeon, 1 Ship's Cook, and 4 Pirates.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Hmph.

*hooks an arm around Bliss and stumbles off below-decks, singing cheerfully and quite off-key*

Ryven

Cap'n Ryven saw the blood stained implement of death clatter to the deck below.  In haste, he grabbed it in hand to raise it above his head with a mighty cry of sorrow. 

"See here, my fellow pirates!  Proof of treachery aboard the ship...the ship which has been shelter for us all against the Royal Navy.  Now...now it is unsafe for any of us.  I hope this proof be persuasion enough that I am not against you, but WITH you." He walked over to the main mast where he stabbed the bloody dagger into its weathered surface, a reminder not only that they had done right that day but that they were still unsafe.

Bliss

* Bliss disappears belowdecks with Trieste, and a raucous cheer floats back up into the sunlight that MAY be a response to Ryven's rousing speech. Then again... it may not. ;)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Marguerite

-Watches Stattick and shook a fist-

Bring me some rum and I am going to drink the night away.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Valerian

Heartened at the death of one of the mutineers, the crew went about their work with somewhat lighter hearts -- though even so, no one quite dared to relax.  Many looked at their fellow crewmates with suspicion, for everyone knew that one person would not dare to plot mutiny alone.  Stattick had allies, and there was no telling who they might be.

The morning brought brisker winds, almost too brisk, with the hint of a storm behind them, giving the crew fresh worries.  And more problems awaited them.

For when it was time for the morning meal, Saku was nowhere to be seen.  It was not hard to find her, though -- she lay in her own bunk, seemingly sleeping peacefully, though no one could waken her now.  Her own flask of rum lay on the floor near her hand, and a strange, bitter smell and faint discoloration hinted at a death by poison.  The mutineers had struck once more, without mercy.

• Aiden
  • Bliss
  • LadySky - killed by mutineers
  • Marguerite
  • Rhapsody
  • Cap'n Ryven
  • Saku - poisoned by mutineers
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - made to walk the plank
  • Stattick - Mutineer -- hung from the yardarm
  • Trieste

There are 2 Mutineers, 1 Ship's Surgeon, 1 Ship's Cook, and 4 Pirates.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven took the bottle, sniffing the mouth with a curious look on his face.  Suddenly, he smashed it to the floor, splattering the foul liquid across the wooden surface.  "Treachery once more!" 

He stormed to the upper deck in an angry march.  "All on deck!!"  The man yelled, and after everyone had gathered, he looked them over.  "Another dead this day, and I will have justice for Saku!  The lass deserved better."  The cap'n turned around to stare out upon the open waters.  "So...who among you would dare to bring such a hearty woman to her grave?"

The man turned around then, pointing directly toward Silk Satine.  "You!!"

Solaine

"Me!" Silk squeaked, then tapped-slid-hiccuped her way to Ryven, and poked her finger in his chest.  "You be the captain... for one whole day... and you couldn't protect even one member of the crew! Dinna go blamin' it on me! I be innocent! So I say you be slackin' as cap'n, at the very least, and a scurvy mutineer at the worst!"
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

Ryven

"I'll not have any of yer false accusations, Miss Satine.  I cannot persuade ye one way or the other, but there are those who already know of my innocence.  What of yours, hmm?  You've been against me ever since I took over this ship, and while I regret the loss of our dear Saku, we also be rid of one of those scabrous mutineers."  He paused.

"Or perhaps that is why ye be trying to find a way to take me down...cause one of yer fellow mateys be dead.  The odds are not lookin' so good fer the mutineers now, are they, lass?" 

Solaine

"There are those who already know of your innocence?" she repeats, flabbergasted.  "And why, because you told them so?  We all be guilty till proven innocent, and I still have no proof of your innocence,  and I be suspectin' that some of us don't either. I be thinkin' you got lucky with Stattick, coz he pushed the issue and raised your ire. I only followed Stattick coz his speech be so convincing and made sense to me."  She scratched her head and looked sheepish for a moment, then she squared her shoulders.  "You think I would openly side with a mutineer if I was one?  I be innocent, I tell you.  The only proof be my death, and you'll be regretting it when you find out you helped send another innocent pirate to her death! And the rest will know you be unfit to be cap'n!" 

Trieste

Ryven was the first to point the finger at Stattick, and that turned well. I'm going to trust his gut again and cast the mark against Silk Satine as well.

Ryven

"I tell nothing but what I think.  It was not I who sought them out.  It was they who sought me, and since I cannot guarantee you are not a mutineer, I cannot tell you any more than that fer fear you might do them in as well."  He said.

"And yes...actually I do think you would side with a mutineer, but yer plan be foiled when others turned on Stattick.  If you think me so unfit to be cap'n, why'd ye vote fer me?"  He said with a grin.

"Surely the jest I made prior cannot be a legitimate reason enough to change your mind.  I was not the one who sent Saku to her early grave, but I think it was you.  As captain, I mean to right wrongs on this here ship, and as such, I think you need to go to a watery grave." 

Solaine

"You were as good a choice as any of us for Cap'n," she shrugs.  "But if I be goin' to my death and you find out I'm innocent, they will all know you got lucky with Stattick."  She looked at each of the crew.  "I be innocent!" she repeats stubbornly.

Ryven

"I notice ye didn't change your vote from me last time either.  Perhaps I was lucky with Stattick...luck seems to be a welcome thing here given the situation."  He said with grin.