Disabling the Touchpad

Started by Sarena, October 10, 2013, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Hey y'all, I have a Toshiba Satellite that is running Windows 8.  I love the computer, semi-love the OS; but that is not the point.  When I first got the laptop, I bought a wireless mouse to go with because I absolutely hate the touchpad mouse.  Today, for some inexplicable reason, my wireless mouse decided to die.  So, I bought a new one.  When I installed the driver of the old one back when I first bought it, I was able to disable the touchpad, but I'll be damned if I can remember how I managed to do it.  And now, I have hooked in the new wireless mouse, it's working great...except I keep moving the damned cursor when I type because of the touchpad. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Oreo

Hope this helps. The info is good if the video is a bit wobbly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8KHYySSV0

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Sarena

That did help!  Thank you so much Oreo. :)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin