Players found for second 3.5 Greyhawk game. Thank you!

Started by Krysia, October 17, 2009, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

If you play evil just remember you have to deal with the people in your party as well. I know LGC doesn't want evil characters in the group but well sometimes you need it. :)

senshi32

just waiting for Bayne to reply back *whistles the Jepardy theme song*

Krysia

senshi32

PhantomPistoleer

I am on a freaking role tonight.  Senshi, discuss what sort of character you want to play in the OOC chat. :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Ok I have a few other people interested so if people like I'll open a second group. The first one is full. I won't mind doing double duty as DM cause I plan on doing Mods anyway. AND I have 2 weeks off work..... yay go me! >.<

So if people want a second group post here so I know.

GrinningHound

Honsestly I've seen (and had) too many games die this way, I'd focus on one group for now, maybe add in another after you get a sense of how much time and creativity this one is costing you.

Kate

I just think that if the storyteller progresses scene changes without explicitly saying who is moving into them - things work - and if someone is 3 scenes behind we assume they go their own way - but those can jump into the current scene if they lagged a little.

PhantomPistoleer

I agree with Grinning on this.  I think that you should be selective about the group and take on who would be best suited rather than permitting one and all.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Krysia

Well I have 3 other people who seemed interested. The mods I plan on doing are built for 6 man parties. 7 is what I have and possibly 8 with my back up pc in case things go wrong (note she's only a backup if the group can't handle things), which will be maxing it and with the 3 other people that's 11. Too big to put into 1 group. That's why I asked/posted if I should make a second group. If both groups are doing the same thing then it shouldn't be so bad to keep up with. :)

Teno

I wouldn't want to give you more work than you can handle, but if you think you can, I'd love a spot in the second group :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Maleficent on October 19, 2009, 11:57:38 AM
Well I have 3 other people who seemed interested. The mods I plan on doing are built for 6 man parties. 7 is what I have and possibly 8 with my back up pc in case things go wrong (note she's only a backup if the group can't handle things), which will be maxing it and with the 3 other people that's 11. Too big to put into 1 group. That's why I asked/posted if I should make a second group. If both groups are doing the same thing then it shouldn't be so bad to keep up with. :)

At any rate, I do not think you should open up another group.  It is precisely for this reason that I left CWand's campaign, and now I'm rather particular to my character, so I'm desperately hoping that you'll reconsider.

I do not want this to be an imposition, but as Grinning Hound said, I have seen every single one of the D&D games here die because the GM saw that there was a demand and attempted to supply something that there was an inordinate little amount of:  time.  Since you have a good pool to pick from, I sincerely recommend that you sort through the applications to assure that you have a good seven (or eight).
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

I do not even think you need to sort through.  I have been here long enough to know.  That someone always drops from the game.  Many reasons, such as realized at last moment did not have the time.   So keeping a ready list of those wanting to step in.  Be a good idea to use.  And if someone does not quit.   D&D games are always springing up.   

As I would like to point out that this is not quite like  sitting down and playing a module within the four hour time limit.  You will have scenes bog down,  waiting for people to roll dice.  Or even get into extra Elliquiy style adult play within the module.   This can be very disconcerting. As the pace shifts within the game.   

Anyways those are my thoughts on it. 

Kate

how about this for an idea...

the party starts of large... 
each person has 3 simple default actions that they are happy to be "god moded doing" (either by storyteller or a trusted other player) The storyteller updates scenes every 6 posts from the players.... without waiting for each to post.

Thus scenes move quickly ... but all characters are still involved without them being waited on.

ie ... fight starts ... 6 players say what they are doing .. then GM replys god moding the others without waiting on others do
Round 2 ... fight not over ... then the next 6 to post do something ... then you reply without waiting for the next 6 ...  those that dont get to post for a round have "default actions - ie one of three simple things the GM can choose - or the GM god modes their character...
a "round would be actions that your likely to resume ... so if all are engaged in mellee the next "scene post time" could be when the state is dramatically different ... but not blow by blow post updates.

For non fight scenes.
So you can assume your character is godmoded unless your one of the first 6 to post just like a fight scene.... the scene is updated every 6 posts from players ...

In all of these one posts whenever you like, very little waiting.

If one has not replied within 3 scene changes - they are assumed gone / dead.
This would not have to be kept up for long as many with RL issues may bow out anyway.

GrinningHound

Stick to one group of six please!  Every game dies this way!  I don't want another game to die.  :(

Krysia

Well the problem is we have 7 in our group already, 8 if I play my pc.

I have people in the group I've never even seen post 1 from, which I would like to see everyone put their input into the creation. That is why I made the ooc thread.

Bayne

This DnD campain's main plot is module based. I.e. it's been pre-written. All she needs to do is add a little salt-n-pepper to flavor it for each group. It's not that big of a deal. I've run these types of games before, some I have done so much I could run them in my sleep.

Before she could commit to opening a second group she would need at least a minimum of 4 players and that would be pushing it in my oppinion. Living Greyhawk campaign materials are supposed to be built for 4 characters, but even then the chances of death are quite high if people slip up or the group is not balanced with intelligent players. I've personally wiped out half a table of 6 characters because the PC's playing them were stupid.

She could make the second group a non "adult" group for those more interesting in actually playing in the setting and not just rushing to find the nearest bar wench and pull her up to a room for a quick shag before the next bit of plot comes out.

Bottom line is it wouldn't be hard for her to run two groups with what she is planning on doing. The only request would have to be that one group does not go and read the other groups thread. Just incase one group moves faster than the other.

ReijiTabibito

Well, D&D isn't my primary sphere of experience, but I could get into this, I guess.  I'm not familiar with the Greyhawk setting - though I've got the book somewhere around here.  I can play - if I did, though, it'd probably be a magic class, or the Scout class from Complete Adventurer - that sounds fun.

Okay, my gender is Male.  As for Type, it'd either be Divine Magic User (aka Cleric/Favored Soul), or Skilled Character (the Scout).

Krysia

So far for the second group I have 4 people:

Pot Noodle - Female Rogue
Odin
CWand - Female Arcane Type
ReijiTabibito - Male divine or light infantry
GraveRobber21 (Syn) - Male Fighter

In order to even get the second group off the ground I need 2 more people to make it 6. I'd prefer taking 2 more females, but I'm not sure how easy they will be to find.

CWand

If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

Krysia

Yes please specify what gender you plan on playing so I can try and balance the group instead of going by your gender tags. >.>

Krysia

Actively looking for 2 more characters to fill out group two!

Teno

I probably should let you know I'm planning on playing a female rogue ;)

Stats coming soon, background later :D

SinXAzgard21

FIGHTER FOR THE WIN!!!!

I'll take care of all your tanking needs.... Character sheet will be up sometime today.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.